MostlyC

S03.E21: Anything Pierce Can Do I Can Do Better

15 hours ago, chrisvee said:

Tom Welling is killing this show.

It's not Tom, it's the writers. Cain's storyline could have been interesting, but they made it into a love triangle. The same thing can be said about Lucifer's wings and Devil face. They made it in to a 5 min. quest and then constant wining from Lucifer, oh, woah is me. Some say it's because it is being aired on 9PM instead of 10PM, so they can't go dark, but, um, I really doubt that in this day and age channels care about friendly content when they have ESRB-esque ratings for the show (i.e., this show is suitable for x age group).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

It's not Tom, it's the writers. Cain's storyline could have been interesting, but they made it into a love triangle. The same thing can be said about Lucifer's wings and Devil face. They made it in to a 5 min. quest and then constant wining from Lucifer, oh, woah is me. Some say it's because it is being aired on 9PM instead of 10PM, so they can't go dark, but, um, I really doubt that in this day and age channels care about friendly content when they have ESRB-esque ratings for the show (i.e., this show is suitable for x age group).

I don't think it's the air time. Do they even know when a show airs when they start outlining the new seasons in May/June?

I think it's because they needed to involve Chloe and the rest of the "uncelestials". Lucifer, wings, devil face and Cain would have been plenty enough to carry the season and they could have been really interesting stories and there is so much potential for all of it. But since Chloe and Co don't know the truth what role would they have played? None, really. They wouldn't have been needed. So, they came up with this twisted thing about Cain/Pierce and Chloe and now Chloe is "needed" (even if she's not).

This show doesn't need mortals to work and have stories to tell. They decided to have mortals in there which is fine but the mistake is to keep them in the dark and to give Chloe an important role but not exploring it. For some reason it seems that they're going against the show's nature. The natural center of the show is Lucifer and it seems like they're trying to make it Chloe but it does not work because it's not the show's nature.

• Like 3

On 24.4.2018 at 7:49 PM, tennisgurl said:

Dr. Linda being awesome is always a win, and I loved when she called Lucifer out on his tendency to use his daddy issues as an excuse for everything.

I'd be happy to have her calling him out if it wasn't so glaringly obvious that this was done only to further the Deckerstar relationship.

That is also one of the big pet peeves I have with Linda: a psychologist should not be pushing their patient towards a relationship. Especially a patient with such deep-seated relationship and abandonment issues. And especially when there are a lot of factors that make this relationship even more potentially difficult than a normal human relationship.

A week later and I finally get around to this.  This isn't good, folks!  I hate to say it, but this could very well mean I will end up being done this season.  And I was someone who loved last season to death.

Seriously, I'm used to bad seasons or shows even going to shit, but the biggest offense here is that this show is so dull about it.  Sure, shows like, say, Arrow, The Flash, and Once Upon a Time have disappointed me hard this year, but I at least felt something, even it was rage.  This?  I feel nothing.  Lucifer and Pierce devolving into squabbling, lovesick children over Chloe (who I honestly enjoyed until this season) is ridiculous, but it is also just dull.  I don't care about it.  Nor do I care about Maze's pissy attitude.  Or Charlotte freaking out after knowing the truth.  I just don't care, anymore.  It's really sad.

At this point, I vote for Lucifer to just let Chloe/Pierce be, and he goes off on a night in the town with Linda and Dan, since they're the only two I don't hate.  Well, there is Trixie too (when they use her), so maybe somewhere family friendly?  But I really feel bad for Tom Ellis, because his talents have just been squandered this year.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

But I really feel bad for Tom Ellis, because his talents have just been squandered this year.

Me too, And Rachael Harris (Linda) is much better than this. I haven't seen the others in other things, other than Tom Welling years ago in Smallville and Lauren German in Hostile, neither of which impressed me much. But really, at this point all of them deserve better. 

I often wonder, when a show goes this far off the rails, what the cast thing. I mean, I don't expect them to publically say anything against the show, they all seem classier than that, but do they see what we are seeing? Or are they too close to the material? Does Tom Ellis like that Lucy has become an adolescent boy over Chloe, does Lauren German love that two immortals are fighting over her dull as dirt character? Do the others like being pushed aside for this stupid triangle? Do they all still think this show is the gem it was in season one? 

Obviously the writers/producers think what they are doing is great or they wouldn't be doing it, but I can't help but wonder about the actors, because this Castle with angels crap isn't what they signed on for. 

• Like 5

On 29.4.2018 at 7:53 PM, CheshireCat said:

But since Chloe and Co don't know the truth what role would they have played? None, really.

The easy fix would have been to let her know the truth. You can only keep the status quo for so long without turning the show to shit. That was even a problem on Castle, without all the supernatural baggage, where they contrived ever new stuff to keep him and Becket apart.

On 25.4.2018 at 8:39 PM, Mabinogia said:

I would much rather Cain proposed to Lucy to be honest.

At least that would be hot.

• Like 2