radishcake

Season 6: A Charming (?) Rey of Sunshine

I think you're right but that's a weird way to cope with an execution. But like you said, the writers needed something for Rey. I'm on Van Buren side. That's not part of my job so I'm not going. 

The affair just made Rey into a big(ger) hypocrite, especially given his sanctimonious speech in "Bitter Fruit" about how parents are better off staying together for the sake of the child.

Although...he wasn't exactly wrong about how children in divorced families tend to slip through the cracks because their parents are too busy fighting, cheating starting their new lives, etc, to pay attention to their kids. Especially given how often it happened on this show (Bitter Fruit, Homesick, Dazzled, Panic, Avatar...)

But to be fair that wasn't just because of the divorce itself, it was because the parents were selfish assholes. His Holiness might want to take that factor into consideration.

• Like 1

Just saw "Jeopardy" for the first time since it aired -- found it On Demand after I missed it in the cycle last week on cable.  And Louis Zorich just died a week or two ago, so I had been paying attention to his cases as they aired -- I had forgotten he was the judge caught in bribery in this episode.  Adam Schiff/Steven Hill was just wonderful in all his scenes in this episode, especially that final phone call. 

• Like 4

Adam Schiff was always a terrific character and Steven Hill was a brilliant actor who could say a lot with very few words.

Jeopardy was one of Schiff’s best episodes, he was awesome throughout, interesting to see him when he realizes something is wrong after Hines tosses the case, and talking to Hines at the fancy lounge and realizing something was definitely wrong with him, and then interrogating Hines in the police station, the only time we ever saw Adam Schiff at the sqaudroom, and then at the end when he goes from happy that McCoy had put the guy away to melancholy after getting the call that Hines committed suicide and then telling Kincaid to go ahead and pour him his drink.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Like 8

No matter what else Curtis did wrong, he'll always have some redemption for what he does at the end of Damaged. He's next to Lennie when they find Kathy's body and when Lennie cries "she was my baby Rey"...What am I gonna do?" Rey says "you're coming home with me tonight. Partner".

• Like 6

9 hours ago, cfinboston said:

No matter what else Curtis did wrong, he'll always have some redemption for what he does at the end of Damaged. He's next to Lennie when they find Kathy's body and when Lennie cries "she was my baby Rey"...What am I gonna do?" Rey says "you're coming home with me tonight. Partner".

I'll (begrudgingly) agree about Rey there. But 99% of the time, he was so damned pious and set my teeth on edge.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'll (begrudgingly) agree about Rey there. But 99% of the time, he was so damned pious and set my teeth on edge.

Me too. I wonder how he wasn't punched and often.  He said so much crap it was hard to believe that people weren't taking swing at him and often.

• Like 4