Jump to content
thewhiteowl

S02.E17: Overkill

Recommended Posts

If this show gets renewed...A bio-weapon that turns people into zombies is deployed by a coalition of "Stans"...

Share this post


Link to post

Wow. I was not expecting Trish’s brother to survive the episode. Dude is too wise and heroic to live.

Where did the new Secretary of State guy come from?

Edited by marinw
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, marinw said:

Wow. I was not expecting Trish’s brother to survive the episode. Dude is too wise and heroic to live.

Where did the new Secretary of State guy come from?

 

He could still get killed in a plane crash on the way back....

And more stunt casting.

Edited by janeta
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

What happened with the so-called dirty bomb? The explosion should have been only part of the problem. A dirty bomb is designed to spread radioactive material. Probably a significant part of the subway and the surface around the entrance would be contaminated. But no one mentioned radioactive contamination, quarantining contaminated areas, people with radiation sickness, how long the subway would be shut down, etc. These items were not addressed in last week's episode, so they should have been mentioned this week.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, preeya said:

HANNAH 'FUKING' WELLS THE NEW FEMALE RAMBO

Oh, yeah, and I LOLed when Prez Bauer announced something like: Our liaison to shadowy warlords, Hannah Wells, will be going to Madeupistan to flush and suss and cuss him out and then, if necessary, truss him.

Edited by shapeshifter · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, preeya said:

HANNAH 'FUKING' WELLS THE NEW FEMALE RAMBO

Seriously.  So glad the country has her to solve every freaking problem and capture/kill all the bad guys.  It's getting old....fast.  I don't think the show even needs her character anymore. 

Husband and I both though last night's episode was a little hokey.  But I'm looking forward to Michael J. Fox.

Edited by mwell345
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, janeta said:
1 hour ago, marinw said:

I missed that. Do tell.

Michael J Fox next week.

Oh, right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kunami Ambassador: I have been framed. Why would I write a detailed letter exposing my own treachery? Unencrypted? Using my real name?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, preeya said:

HANNAH 'FUKING' WELLS THE NEW FEMALE RAMBO

This show ... Hannah Wells is in the middle of yet another situation that is preposterous. I'm waiting for them to have another episode with the astronaut on the space station so then can send Hannah into space to save the day. Then, I'm sorry but super tech Chuck is not a GS-15. I work for the federal government and GS-15 positions are either super-high level management positions or world-renowned experts in their technical field. While Chuck is a good, even great, at his job he is neither of those.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

So is the President's brother the one leaking the tapes of the therapy sessions? He did, after all, specifically ask the President how the counseling was going - and as the old theater adage goes, if a pistol is introduced in Act I, it will be used in Act III. So that is my guess...that Trey, for what ever vengeful reason, leaked the tapes. He's just been too good to be true the past few episodes, conveniently filling in as Mary Poppins to the First Children and acting as the loving, supporting sibling to his beleaguered brother. I smell a rat!

Ever since Seth dumped her, Emily's looks like she's been sucking on lemons. She seems so bitter and angry. 

Totally shocked that the junior staffer's brother was not killed. I thought we'd see him die on one of those giant screens in the Ops room. 

I guess Hannah is literally a one-person army. Is there nothing she can't do? And how convenient that she reads and speaks fluent Madeupistanic. Perhaps she needs her own version of '24.' Also, note to self: DO NOT HIRE HANNAH. That's now TWO bosses of hers who've been killed. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Seriously.  So glad the country has her to solve every freaking problem and capture/kill all the bad guys.  It's getting old....fast.  I don't think the show even needs her character anymore. 

 

Obviously the Seal team is pretty good but just not good enough. So who better to send over to help but FBI agent Hannah. And it's a good thing they did. Who else but Hannah would have noticed the problem with the praying mat? As if that wasn't awesome enough , after glancing at a letter written in a foreign language for less than 5 seconds she was able to translate and understand the nuances and then go on to solve the situation. And I haven't forgotten about her time at home when during her intensive interrogation she got fed up with the suspect and pulled a gun on him. What was she going to do , shoot him? All this in the interrogation room. I thought you weren't supposed to have a gun during questioning in case the suspect got a hold of it , but I digress. The most surprising thing was that she wasn't wearing her high heels when she was with the Seals

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Biggie B said:

 

So is the President's brother the one leaking the tapes of the therapy sessions? He did, after all, specifically ask the President how the counseling was going - and as the old theater adage goes, if a pistol is introduced in Act I, it will be used in Act III. So that is my guess...that Trey, for what ever vengeful reason, leaked the tapes. He's just been too good to be true the past few episodes, conveniently filling in as Mary Poppins to the First Children and acting as the loving, supporting sibling to his beleaguered brother. I smell a rat!

 

Interesting theory.  There has to be some reason why the brother has been introduced suddenly.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

This show ... Hannah Wells is in the middle of yet another situation that is preposterous. I'm waiting for them to have another episode with the astronaut on the space station so then can send Hannah into space to save the day.

Would that be before or after she solves the Kennedy assassination ?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Biggie B said:

So is the President's brother the one leaking the tapes of the therapy sessions? He did, after all, specifically ask the President how the counseling was going - and as the old theater adage goes, if a pistol is introduced in Act I, it will be used in Act III. So that is my guess...that Trey, for what ever vengeful reason, leaked the tapes. He's just been too good to be true the past few episodes, conveniently filling in as Mary Poppins to the First Children and acting as the loving, supporting sibling to his beleaguered brother. I smell a rat!

Oh, as soon as Emily said the people who knew about it were in this room, I immediately said, his brother knows too!  

3 hours ago, Biggie B said:

I guess Hannah is literally a one-person army. Is there nothing she can't do? And how convenient that she reads and speaks fluent Madeupistanic. Perhaps she needs her own version of '24.' Also, note to self: DO NOT HIRE HANNAH. That's now TWO bosses of hers who've been killed. 

Two? That's nothing compared to the number of CTU higher-ups that died while Jack Bauer was there. In fact, Jack killed at least one of them himself. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Would that be before or after she solves the Kennedy assassination ?

At the same time. She'll need something to do while the rocket is launching and the capsule rendezvous's (rendezvous'?) with the station.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DrScottie said:

Oh, as soon as Emily said the people who knew about it were in this room, I immediately said, his brother knows too!  

Two? That's nothing compared to the number of CTU higher-ups that died while Jack Bauer was there. In fact, Jack killed at least one of them himself. 

Killing Ryan Chapelle was done under POTUS orders as a negotiating ploy...Chapelle was supposed to kill himself but failed...Jack had to kill him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Interesting theory.  There has to be some reason why the brother has been introduced suddenly.  

So that after t he loss of his wife Keifer has a close family member that can offer him comfort and advice and allow him to show the non-presidential side of the character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Killing Ryan Chapelle was done under POTUS orders as a negotiating ploy...Chapelle was supposed to kill himself but failed...Jack had to kill him

That is true about Ryan and I was also referring to Nina Myers. I was just trying to make the case that Jack Bauer's superiors at CTU had a tendency to end up dead like Jason Atwood and John Foerstel. 

1 hour ago, MrWhyt said:

So that after the loss of his wife Keifer has a close family member that can offer him comfort and advice and allow him to show the non-presidential side of the character.

Ostensibly yes. I'm hoping he's not involved and that's a red herring about his potential involvement in the leak. 

7 hours ago, Biggie B said:

He did, after all, specifically ask the President how the counseling was going - and as the old theater adage goes, if a pistol is introduced in Act I, it will be used in Act III.

Chekhov's gun could be in play here, but they might throw us a curveball and have Audrey Raines (er, Dr. Andrea Frost) be indirectly responsible if some of the data mining she did to help Jack (er, Tom) contained those sessions and her company got hacked too. We can't have those two recently widowed people who clearly like each other get together without any drama, now can we?

7 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

Then, I'm sorry but super tech Chuck is not a GS-15. I work for the federal government and GS-15 positions are either super-high level management positions or world-renowned experts in their technical field. While Chuck is a good, even great, at his job he is neither of those.

Thanks for the perspective. To be fair, he does seem like he is the sole member of the FBI cybercounterterrorism division. Why doesn't the national security advisor (Aaron) commit more resources to solving the hacks than just the Chloe O'Brien of this 24 remake? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

So that after the loss of his wife Keifer has a close family member that can offer him comfort and advice and allow him to show the non-presidential side of the character.

And the children's grandmother chooses to split to Europe after her daughter dies?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

How would Toms’ brother have access to the tapes to leak them? Sounds more like IT, security,  medical transcription breach or hack to me.  Now he might have mentioned the therapy - or maybe the kids knew and mentioned it.  They wouldn’t have thought therapy was unusual since they are probably talking to a therapist too. So then someone knows to hack it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MaryHedwig said:

And the children's grandmother chooses to split to Europe after her daughter dies?

mother in law is not the same level of confidant as brother or wife

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, janeta said:

Michael J Fox next week.

I didn't see it as stunt casting,  but as another Canadian actor coming on the show.

 They were in a movie together back in 1988 and have probably remained in touch.  I don't think Mike works a lot these days, but maybe figured it might be fun to reunite with KS for a bit on his show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DrScottie said:

To be fair, he does seem like he is the sole member of the FBI cybercounterterrorism division.

Maybe he hacked into the salary database and promoted himself to GS-15.

Can the US revoke diplomatic credentials and then arrest an individual?

I was rather irritated at the WH staff's maneuvering to explain "Well, the guy we thought put the bomb plan in action wasn't the real guy, but he did some nasty stuff too, so we're good with bombing the shit out of his country, hospitals included, as long as a candidate more acceptable to our nation is installed."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2018 at 7:57 AM, AAEBoiler said:

This show ... Hannah Wells is in the middle of yet another situation that is preposterous. I'm waiting for them to have another episode with the astronaut on the space station so then can send Hannah into space to save the day. Then, I'm sorry but super tech Chuck is not a GS-15. I work for the federal government and GS-15 positions are either super-high level management positions or world-renowned experts in their technical field. While Chuck is a good, even great, at his job he is neither of those.

There literally is NOTHING Agent Hannah Wells can't do. She is not only the sole reason that FBI can solve a case but now is the key to success of military missions. I was sure the staffer's brother was a goner simply due to his proximity to Hannah.

I have no idea how the writers got this far off the rails with her character. But then again the whole show seems to sliding off the rails.

 

And Chuck may not be GS-15 but at least he is doing his own job and doing it well. And sadly, no one seems to appreciate Chuck. 

 

But at least we got a little dialogue from Mike. And maybe a possible love interest....just don't mess up Mike's character, show. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So, basically all of this was the ambassador dude trying to pit America against the country's leader (like I'm going to try and remember these fake country names), so he could have become the new leader (along with this rebel leader?) of the country.  And it somehow involved Lyor's enemy as well.  Yeah, there was way too much going on here.  But whatever.  It all works out for Kirkman and the gang, so go Team USA!!

Always great seeing Cle Bennett and his badass voice.  It was pretty obvious he was going to end up being Tricia's brother, but at least he didn't die.  Sure, he was mainly just used to watch Hannah be a badass and be emotional support for where when the time called for it, but I'll take it!  Also fun seeing Inga Cadranel as the former hacker.  Good old Canadian casting!

Speaking of emotional support, way to use Aaron by having him remind Lyor (and the audience) that Lyor actually, gasp, doesn't suck.  Thanks, show.  I really needed him to convince me that Lyor is an obnoxious good guy and not an obnoxious bad guy.  Poor Aaron has been used horribly this season.

So, now Kirkman's therapy tapes have been leaked and everyone is going to question his mental capacity.  And they're hinting that the leaker has to be someone in his close circle, but I agree that the likely suspect is Trey.  If not, maybe Chuck is just that pissed over having to work with Damien.  But I really want it to be Moss, because I just want them to pile every bad thing this show has had on him.

So, the next episode is when Michael J. Fox is finally going to show up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, knitorpurl said:

 

 

And Chuck may not be GS-15 but at least he is doing his own job and doing it well. And sadly, no one seems to appreciate Chuck. 

 

But at least we got a little dialogue from Mike. And maybe a possible love interest....just don't mess up Mike's character, show. 

I could see somewhere down the road where Chuck is involved in some sort of bad guy plot.  I think it was last week that he discovered a major clue and practically had to yell at Hannah and her FBI friend to pay attention. Plus he's in love with Hannah { and who wouldn't be? } and was jealous of her English spy boyfriend. A guy can only take so much.   Mike is the most underused character on the show and one of my favorites, Give him a storyline with Seal team sister. I know it would be tough to match the chemistry between Seth and Emily but they could give it a try.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Mike is the most underused character on the show and one of my favorites, Give him a storyline with Seal team sister.

Because of the age difference (15 years), it was bugging me that they seemed to be telegraphing that office romance. I hope rather than retconning that Mike is 10 years younger than LaMonica Garrett really is (seems like a tired sexist trope to me in our era of #MeToo) that they instead own the age difference and maybe have him be a widower or have some other reason (his job) that he hasn't heretofore started a family. But that is probably way too much nuance to expect from this show.

26 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I know it would be tough to match the chemistry between Seth and Emily but they could give it a try

Sarcasm, right?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2018 at 2:47 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Maybe he hacked into the salary database and promoted himself to GS-15.

Can the US revoke diplomatic credentials and then arrest an individual?

I was rather irritated at the WH staff's maneuvering to explain "Well, the guy we thought put the bomb plan in action wasn't the real guy, but he did some nasty stuff too, so we're good with bombing the shit out of his country, hospitals included, as long as a candidate more acceptable to our nation is installed."

I think the soon-to-be-former Amir revoked the diplomatic credentials, after finding out about the ambassador's treachery.

Share this post


Link to post

I really wish they would have continued going with the Emily/Aaron pairing, so much more interesting than Emily/Seth.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2018 at 2:08 PM, DrScottie said:

To be fair, he does seem like he is the sole member of the FBI cybercounterterrorism division. Why doesn't the national security advisor (Aaron) commit more resources to solving the hacks than just the Chloe O'Brien of this 24 remake? 

There are only 3 people left of all the national security personnel: Aaron (who is actually doing his job), Chuck, who doesn't work for any department, but is Hannah's personal IT guy.  And super-agent Hannah, who is FBI and CIA!  (Blindspot also just made the mistake of having FBI agents in another country -- they actually shouted "FBI!" at Croatian nationals as if that meant something!)

On 4/12/2018 at 11:47 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Can the US revoke diplomatic credentials and then arrest an individual?

The new "democratic Emir" (LOL) revoked the ambassador's credentials.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:47 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I was rather irritated at the WH staff's maneuvering to explain "Well, the guy we thought put the bomb plan in action wasn't the real guy, but he did some nasty stuff too, so we're good with bombing the shit out of his country, hospitals included, as long as a candidate more acceptable to our nation is installed."

Last week they kidnapped an actual head of state (based on more faulty intelligence) without any repercussions.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:01 AM, Ashand11 said:

I really wish they would have continued going with the Emily/Aaron pairing, so much more interesting than Emily/Seth.

Agree.  E/S give more of the brother-sister vibe and at least E/A were interesting in trying to out ambition each other for Kirkman's attention.  Much more interesting to have that friction then the Lyor is pissing everyone off friction (I did appreciate Aaron's question to Lyor of what he actually did at the WH, since I was unsure as well....)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×