Jump to content
ElectricBoogaloo

S14.E19: Beautiful Dreamer

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Kewldor said:

Maggie and Jackson is so forced. There is absolutely no chemistry between them. I cringe every time they have a 'moment'. I really do hope this storyline will come to an end now!

They are the new Merder, they will never end, unless they decide to skill Jackson. The show is so desperate to get the viewers to like them and to like her they will keep forcing it until the show can't make ABC money anymore 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Couldn Owen really get a child to foster/adopt so easily?

I know Meredith freaked out when they were wisited by social worker about Zola. And Owen does not have a partner, so solo dad with his working hours.. or is adoption that easy in USA?

Oh yes, and his relationships, not really a stable environment for a child

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Couldn Owen really get a child to foster/adopt so easily?

I know Meredith freaked out when they were wisited by social worker about Zola. And Owen does not have a partner, so solo dad with his working hours.. or is adoption that easy in USA?

Oh yes, and his relationships, not really a stable environment for a child

I agree, wouldn't Owen have to prove that someone can watch the child when he is at work? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Bostongirl said:

I agree, wouldn't Owen have to prove that someone can watch the child when he is at work? 

I assume that Owen will have to go through the same checks and processes as anybody else but from what I've seen in my state, just being single wouldn't be enough to disqualify him provided he can demonstrate a support system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

But does he have a support system? It doesn't look like it to me

 Whether it's Mer's invisible nanny or Arizona bringing Sophia on rounds, this isn't exactly the show to be watching for realistic child care situations, is it? :-D

I'm just glad that we've finally moved past Owen auditioning brood mares in the guise of looking for a loving relationship.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

The show typically does not do a good job handling social issues- they are so heavy handed about it. This was no exception to me, so instead of being emotionally tied to it, I’m just like “whatever, at least we got rid of that annoying character.” Telling is now that she was the best intern in her class after never showing us is just weak story telling.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, deaja said:

The show typically does not do a good job handling social issues- they are so heavy handed about it. This was no exception to me, so instead of being emotionally tied to it, I’m just like “whatever, at least we got rid of that annoying character.” Telling is now that she was the best intern in her class after never showing us is just weak story telling.

I only even finally learned her name a few episodes ago. Granted, this show doesn't exactly command my undivided attention, but the fact that I still don't even know most of the interns' names should say something.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mind Maggie and Jackson as a oouple, they are not blood relatives and they wresnt raised together, no biggie

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

But does he have a support system? It doesn't look like it to me

His mother lives in town I'm sure she would help. He has Mer and April who would help out too. Even Amelia might help out in a pinch. Hes single but he's not alone any more than Mer is.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2018 at 5:04 PM, RedbirdNelly said:

I found this episode to involve a lot of time with couples who lack chemistry or who are least boring to me:

1. Arizona and Deluca's sister--I get nothing from this relationship, so blah on their moment in the closet.

2. Deluca and DREAMER intern whose name I can't remember---I have felt nothing real from them at all, so I can't get moved by their storyline. It's sad, but due to acting/writing, I'm not invested/ I don't feel like I'm watching some close couple be cruelly ripped apart. I'm just glad they found a new way to get rid of a character.

3. Alex and Jo---I know most people like them but I've never gotten any kind of moving vibe from them. Their scenes were flat to me. Just walk up to somebody and blurt out something about kids. Felt cold and forced to me but I'm a long time "don't get Alex and Jo" person

4. Jackson and Maggie--I still don't get them as a couple. When ever they have their big scenes I just find myself thinking how I wish I did like them--if I did, these scenes would be great, the big pay off moments I wait for. With them I debate fast forwarding.

I don't even need to leave a comment, everything you wrote...AGREED

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, anna0852 said:

Glad to get some Jo & Alex time in there. I though it was very sweet how she said she wanted to take his last name, because it's the name of someone who loves her.

 

I, too, loved this. <3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/15/2018 at 10:06 AM, marceline said:

 Whether it's Mer's invisible nanny or Arizona bringing Sophia on rounds, this isn't exactly the show to be watching for realistic child care situations, is it? :-D

I'm just glad that we've finally moved past Owen auditioning brood mares in the guise of looking for a loving relationship.

I think it will also be easier for Owen to adopt if he is taking in an older kid. He'll still have to go through the whole process and be reviewed, but I don't think they would turn away a successful doctor with good income who is also a veteran, just because he is single. There are a lot of kids that need homes. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I think it will also be easier for Owen to adopt if he is taking in an older kid. He'll still have to go through the whole process and be reviewed, but I don't think they would turn away a successful doctor with good income who is also a veteran, just because he is single. There are a lot of kids that need homes. 

I don't think placing a possibly/likely traumatized child with a traumatized vet who suffers from PTSD and anger management issues among other things is a very good idea.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I am still confused as to what Arizona’s position is at the hospital. First, she was a pediatric surgeon. Then, she did the fellowship with Geena Davis’ character to perform surgery on fetuses. Now, she’s acting as an OB/GYN to women with high risk pregnancies. In this episode, she saw Matthew’s baby even though she’s not a pediatrician. Finally, she oversaw that other lady’s birth, and I don’t remember her having any complications during pregnancy. What in the hell is she doing? Am I the only one that’s confused?

Edited by PepSinger
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Arizona is doing it all.  Since Addison left, they haven't had a full time ob/gyn, yet so many baby deliveries!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, izabella said:

Arizona is doing it all.  Since Addison left, they haven't had a full time ob/gyn, yet so many baby deliveries!

And Addison wasn't an ob/gyn either.  She was a specialist in obstetric and neo-natal surgery. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/16/2018 at 3:13 PM, betsyboo said:

I, too, loved this. <3

I may be twisted, but that made me think of a scenario in the future, after they are married, and are standing together somewhere, and someone approaches them from behind and says "Dr Karev?", and they turn in unison "Yes?"

 

:D

 

Kidding aside, it was a nice moment

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, proserpina65 said:

And Addison wasn't an ob/gyn either.  She was a specialist in obstetric and neo-natal surgery. 

My read on this always has been (Arizona and Addison) that they can’t think of enough fetal surgical conditions to fit their plots so they just figure “well, fetuses come out of uteruses, so let’s just treat them all the same.” 

But it really made no sense in either case.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Katherine was the culprit in the cover up. Or it'll come out that Jackson isn't really an Avery and neither of them deserve anything.

Quote

Still don't like Deluca's sister, but it was nice to see Arizona happy. 

That nose. So distracting. I'm sure she paid for that shit, too.

Owen'll get a foster child, Amelia will be pregnant, and then he'll decide to be the daddy to two children. Owen. Happy at last. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/17/2018 at 8:33 PM, PepSinger said:

I am still confused as to what Arizona’s position is at the hospital. First, she was a pediatric surgeon. Then, she did the fellowship with Geena Davis’ character to perform surgery on fetuses. Now, she’s acting as an OB/GYN to women with high risk pregnancies. In this episode, she saw Matthew’s baby even though she’s not a pediatrician. Finally, she oversaw that other lady’s birth, and I don’t remember her having any complications during pregnancy. What in the hell is she doing? Am I the only one that’s confused?

When Arizona told Matthew "some parents change doctors  after that baby is born", I thought damn right.  Failaure to thrive should be handled by a pediatrician, not a pediatric surgeon. But then she took the baby to Owen, a trauma surgeon, and I just threw up my hands. Figuratively.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Arizona told Matthew "some parents change doctors  after that baby is born", I thought damn right.  Failaure to thrive should be handled by a pediatrician, not a pediatric surgeon. But then she took the baby to Owen, a trauma surgeon, and I just threw up my hands. Figuratively.

LMAO. Yeah, it was at that point that I really should have just quit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/14/2018 at 9:04 AM, Janie430 said:

yeah, I call shenanigans on the red light photo cam being the basis for a DACA investigation.  Cameras tag the plate, not the person driving.  It's why you don't get points on your license, since technically they can't prove it was you driving.  So technically, the only proof they have is that the car ran a red light, not her.  It could have been anyone.  I can't see ICE sending out people on the basis of red light camera photos.  I've read that they will do it for actual arrests or citations if you don't pay them promptly, but a red light camera is different.

LA’s red light cameras (now removed) got the driver and the plate, but common  appeals/fine reductions were based on that not-iron-clad proof of the driver’s identity. [source: my $550-reduced-to-$220-on-mailed-written-appeal red light camera ticket/fine in a rental car from a late sudden stop after the official “stop here” line but *before* the real intersection, FWIW, while I was lost in LA. My mom’s speeding camera fine from someplace in Maryland was as you mentioned, just the plate. I can’t speak to other localities’ camera fines/tickets, but some definitely get the plate up through the windshield/top of the vehicle.]

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

LA’s red light cameras (now removed) got the driver and the plate, but common  appeals/fine reductions were based on that not-iron-clad proof of the driver’s identity. [source: my $550-reduced-to-$220-on-mailed-written-appeal red light camera ticket/fine in a rental car from a late sudden stop after the official “stop here” line but *before* the real intersection, FWIW, while I was lost in LA. My mom’s speeding camera fine from someplace in Maryland was as you mentioned, just the plate. I can’t speak to other localities’ camera fines/tickets, but some definitely get the plate up through the windshield/top of the vehicle.]

Also, if the car is a rent a car or being taken for a test drive, the owner of the plates have to pay the fine. So, yes, to get Sam off the show was badly done and basically saying: "ICE are nazis and SWAT will only wound people who are killing others." 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:34 AM, Chas411 said:

I assume they wrote Dr. dance off so she could go film the pilot for Roswell. Of that doesn't get picked up (though it seems a shoe in) then we'll probably see her back.

I didn't realize that was why Jeanine was leaving.  I went back and watched some of her dances on So You Think You Can Dance in her honor.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×