saoirse

S29.E15: No Good Read Goes Unpunished

In an attempt to bring the family together, Marge forces everyone to hand in their electronics and take a trip to a book store.

Totally dug acknowledging problem with Apu and [didn't dig so much] that nothing may change. If you haven't watched The Problem with Apu I highly recommend it.

• Like 2

Title: Drone with Peace on Earth shooting the crow

Billboard: Housecleaning by Snake - Let's Cash Out Your House

Chalkboard: April Showers did Not Date The President

Couch Gag: Connect The Dots!

Ooh, Itchy & Scratchy Marathon #EverySlaughterEver Weird that Krusty had to announce every episode that came on.

"Educational, my foot! I saw pixels!" They finally took on Minecraft. And FXX's marathons. And bookstores. I liked how the old bookstore had a pile of cats sleeping in the corner, and how the B&N knockoff kept losing customers to Amazon. OF COURSE Milhouse has read every Mary-Kate & Ashley book, and that Lisa would be intrigued by Barry Goldwater.

I liked the Not-Minecraft convention, especially the two streamers.

"It's Daniel Radcliffe!"
"He knows Rupert Grint!" 
That was a fun little cameo.

Homer turning into Flanders was creepy as hell, I'll admit it. That was clever, and it was nice to see the two of them bonding. Homer loves a good hoedown, it's only natural that he'd be into Bluegrass.

Aww, it turns out Marge's favorite childhood book is racist. I actually liked that detail. And then it all turned out to be a defense of Apu. Don't know what to say about that.

"The Hungarian's mustache reeked of garlic."

So...RIP Nelson. Willie just chucked into the furnace and that's the last we saw of him. Oh, the tag showed he was alive. But Daniel Radcliffe died, though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Title: Drone with Peace on Earth shooting the crow

Billboard: Housecleaning by Snake - Let's Cash Out Your House

Chalkboard: April Showers did Not Date The President

Couch Gag: Connect The Dots!

Ooh, Itchy & Scratchy Marathon #EverySlaughterEver Weird that Krusty had to announce every episode that came on.

"Educational, my foot! I saw pixels!" They finally took on Minecraft. And FXX's marathons. And bookstores. I liked how the old bookstore had a pile of cats sleeping in the corner, and how the B&N knockoff kept losing customers to Amazon. OF COURSE Milhouse has read every Mary-Kate & Ashley book, and that Lisa would be intrigued by Barry Goldwater.

I liked the Not-Minecraft convention, especially the two streamers.

"It's Daniel Radcliffe!"
"He knows Rupert Grint!" 
That was a fun little cameo.

Homer turning into Flanders was creepy as hell, I'll admit it. That was clever, and it was nice to see the two of them bonding. Homer loves a good hoedown, it's only natural that he'd be into Bluegrass.

Aww, it turns out Marge's favorite childhood book is racist. I actually liked that detail. And then it all turned out to be a defense of Apu. Don't know what to say about that.

"The Hungarian's mustache reeked of garlic."

So...RIP Nelson. Willie just chucked into the furnace and that's the last we saw of him. Oh, the tag showed he was alive. But Daniel Radcliffe died, though.

Gotta make one slight correction. Billboard was Let Us Case Your Joint

IMG_3452.JPG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, opus said:

Gotta make one slight correction. Billboard was Let Us Case Your Joint

Thanks, that one sped by too fast.

• Like 1

Episode 10, 433 (and counting) of Itchy and Scratchy.  But considering each one is only a couple of minutes long, it will still be about as long as the actual Simpsons marathon (which now takes 2 weeks or so).

Springfield Librarian: "You want to read something try reading the sign."
Marge: "Oh, can't we just go in for 5 minutes."
Springfield Librarian:  "Up to you, but after 2 the silverfish take over."

Thought that Homer's turning into pseudo-Flanders seemed rushed, and really didn't demonstrate the point of getting the to read (if he only read 5 pages), unlike Bart who had life/death control over Homer (with milkballs).

Didn't find incinerating Nelson very funny either.

I did like the nod to the Beverly Hillbillies theme song during Ned's banjo end bit.

Signs at Tunnelcraft-Con:
-- Reality: Who Needs It ?
-- Cube Steaks and Block Beans
-- Gaming Therapists on Duty
-- Break Station -- No Tunnelcraft Talk (Maybe a Little)
-- Cheat Codes to Dating Women -- Meet a Real Live Woman
-- Grand Theft Walrus
-- Tunnelcraft
-- Tunnelcraft: The Movie
-- Tunnelcraft: The Movie: The Video Game

Coffee table books at Bookaccino's:
-- Barn Doors of Topeka
-- Dogs Eating Ice Cream
-- Jigsaw Puzzles with one piece missing
-- Man-Killing Snakes of the Amazon

Comic Book Guy: "Um, excuse me. That device is poorly designed. I would register my disgust but it corrects with auto-praise."

Lisa: "I love the smell of old books.   Sniff, awwwwe"
Book Store Owner: "Wouldn't do that miss, the air in here has a lot of particulate rat droppings."

It was an ok episode, but nothing special.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 1

The opening scenes with the references to the "Every Simpsons Ever" parodies was great.  Had me in stitches.

Also liked the reference to that silly Apu documentary, though the looking directly at the camera made it feel really heavy handed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

The opening scenes with the references to the "Every Simpsons Ever" parodies was great.  Had me in stitches.

Also liked the reference to that silly Apu documentary, though the looking directly at the camera made it feel really heavy handed.

I don't think it's silly and I do feel bad that the people in the documentary were made fun of as kids for being Indian and called "Apu" but if Apu didn't exist they would've been called "Gandhi"  instead because kids are jerks who pick on anyone who's different.

Edited by VCRTracking

I don't think it's silly either, and I think their response to it was condescending and tone deaf. They didn't come off well, and the plot about the book kind of went against what their point was with Apu anyway. 

I actually liked the Art of War plot and wish they spent more time on it.