Jump to content
druzy

S01.E04: Cutting the Cord

Recommended Posts

Lexi’s parents are growing concerned that she and Kyler don’t have a plan for the baby’s arrival. Brianna and and Danae escape tensions at home with a visit to Chicago, and Jade’s water breaks!

After a screaming match, Ashley and her mom sit down to talk about what happened and how things can change moving forward.

Brianna and Danae spend some quality time with Danae's family.

Before their baby is born, Jade and Sean have a serious conversation about their relationship.

Share this post


Link to post

Not one of these teens are in a good relationship.  Especially Danae who has a lot of issues, cheats, has anger issues and a terrible attitude.  He is def trying to come between his girl and her Mom.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Slack-jawed Kyler does have a plan for after the baby is born, actually: let mealy-mouthed Lexi and her even stupider parents do everything until the kid is an adult. They will be footing the bill for it all, too. Kyler looks like someone who will be chronically underemployed until he goes on disability at 27.

Now Stefan knows that all he has to do is bawl in a bathroom and Kayla will forgive him for everything. My guess is that, like Lexi, Kayla got pregnant accidentally-on-purpose in an effort to secure a relationship with her cheating, wavering boyfriend. Didn't work, because he's not really having it, he's not excited and he has simmering resentment for it. Should have worn a condom.

Jade and her boyfriend seem more put together but they are in their 20s. Oop at the boyfriend quitting his job right after the baby is born. Yeah... you no longer have the luxury of quitting jobs, Daddy. Hopefully it is because he has something better lined up.

I hope that Ashley and Bar have something other than drama with his mother to offer this season because I'm a little bored with it. They have the same fight over and over.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Every scene is these heavily pregnant girls trying to appease their worthless baby daddy or SO or former SO. I know, I know; it's the tale as old as time for these shows, but it's so disheartening to watch. It's never about helping them out or what they need physically, emotionally, or financially. I just want to shake them all!

 

"We've got the first week covered" = oh, good. This will end well.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Or Lexi's friend: "Do you know what kind of schedule the baby will be on?"  This is precisely why kids this age should never be getting pregnant, let alone having sex. 

Lexi and her boyfriend are pretty damn dim.  They can't even carry a conversation.

I got a little excited with Stephan's aunt tearing him a new asshole.  That was awesome.  Though I did wonder about her comment to Stephan when he first arrived about "I don't know how she is" in regards to Kayla.  Don't know if that was a rag on Kayla.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think his aunt said that because he came to greet her (the aunt) first instead of his pregnant girl that was stressed out because of the shower and not knowing if he was going to show up.  It was rude of him.  Auntie said she would be there and she was.  He didn't do anything but keep people wondering if he was going show.  Then he waltzed in with with 3 or 4 other guys and avoided Baby Momma and avoided being a decent human being with responsibilities.  

(Whew!  In case it wasn't obvious, that scene hit a nerve with me.)

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I loved seeing Jade’s boyfriend step up and take such good care of her after the delivery.  That was really sweet to see.  It will be interesting to see what happens next week with him quitting his job.  

Danae is an idiot but his family seems supportive of them as a couple. They are welcoming of the baby that has no biological relationship to Danae. Nice to see Brianna bonding with her boyfriends family. 

Loved seeing auntie rip in to Kayla’s boyfriend (sorry blanking on his name) at the baby shower. That guy needs a swift kick in the ass. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t see the original seasons of teen mom and teen mom 2 so I am curious. Were they all this pitiful to start with? I dislike Kyler the most I think. He seems to take this whole thing as a joke and just thinks he is so cool because he is on TV. I think that is a huge part of why he is acting like such a smug asshole.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, 3outta5 said:

"We've got the first week covered" = oh, good. This will end well.

Hahaha, right? "first week covered--only 935 to go!"

11 hours ago, woot said:

I loved seeing Jade’s boyfriend step up and take such good care of her after the delivery.  That was really sweet to see.  It will be interesting to see what happens next week with him quitting his job.  

Danae is an idiot but his family seems supportive of them as a couple. They are welcoming of the baby that has no biological relationship to Danae. Nice to see Brianna bonding with her boyfriends family. 

Loved seeing auntie rip in to Kayla’s boyfriend (sorry blanking on his name) at the baby shower. That guy needs a swift kick in the ass. 

I agree on all points. Jade's boyfriend ware very caring and knew just what to do--helped her to the bathroom, tended to the baby while she showered, got her settled and comfortable in bed, and reassured her that he would be on baby duty full time while she took a nap. I was impressed. Keep it up, Jade's boyfriend whose name I don't know!

Stefan is bad news and butt ugly to boot. What does Kayla see in him?

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I didn’t see the original seasons of teen mom and teen mom 2 so I am curious. Were they all this pitiful to start with?

Yes!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Or Lexi's friend: "Do you know what kind of schedule the baby will be on?"  This is precisely why kids this age should never be getting pregnant, let alone having sex. 

Lexi and her boyfriend are pretty damn dim.  They can't even carry a conversation.

I got a little excited with Stephan's aunt tearing him a new asshole.  That was awesome.  Though I did wonder about her comment to Stephan when he first arrived about "I don't know how she is" in regards to Kayla.  Don't know if that was a rag on Kayla.  

Seriously! I completely zone out when they talk. Kyler is never going to step up. 

Stephan's aunt was awesome. It seems like everyone has his number except Kayla.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Forgive me if this has been said already and I missed it but is Lexi the original Kylie Jenner?

Yes, a page or so back we were trying to figure out who she looks like.  I can't remember the other actress someone mentioned, but there were several others (including myself) that thought she was Kylie Jenner pre-surgery.  

13 hours ago, MissMel said:

I think his aunt said that because he came to greet her (the aunt) first instead of his pregnant girl that was stressed out because of the shower and not knowing if he was going to show up.  It was rude of him.  Auntie said she would be there and she was.  He didn't do anything but keep people wondering if he was going show.  Then he waltzed in with with 3 or 4 other guys and avoided Baby Momma and avoided being a decent human being with responsibilities.  

(Whew!  In case it wasn't obvious, that scene hit a nerve with me.)

Thank you for explaining MissMel! That makes perfect sense.  I was wondering because I thought Kayla was nice to her, so glad it was on Stephan.  I bet if his aunt would have raised him, he wouldn't be a 16 year old dad.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

UGH Danae!!! He is really getting on my nerves. He has no sympathy or compassion for Brianna and he makes everything about himself. I really wish Brianna would walk away and never look back. 

UGH Kyler!! Or should I say Adam? So glad you have the first week figured out, that’s just great. Like someone else mentioned above, in situations like this why don’t the parents get more involved? Clearly these two have no idea what they are getting into and really need an adult to lay down some ground rules.  Same with a Brianna and Danae. They really need more parental intervention and for their parents to be like WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?? 

UGH Stephan!! Stop playing with Kayla’s emotions!

I like Jade. 

Also, what is with all these people constantly throwing around the word “respect”? You don’t respect me this, you disrespected me that..blah blah blah. These people need to learn what respect actually means, and remember that respect is EARNED!

also...what is with wearing a white dress at your baby shower?? Is this a thing???

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Would have loved for Kayla to tell Stephan to fuck off when he was crying in the bathroom.  He treats her like shit, and then she gets to comfort him for his struggles...of doing what, and who, he wants, when he wants.  She's the one who's struggling with a cheating baby daddy who continually jerks her around.  Not that I can feel sorry for a willing doormat, but that's not the point. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Kloie is one gorgeous baby. She looked perfect right at birth. Jade looked unreasonably pretty and put together, too. I look worse on a random weekday morning than she looked after giving birth!

STEPHAN'S AUNT FOREVER. That might have been the best moment of parenting a teen we've ever seen on this whole franchise. Quietly telling him they need to talk before she leaves...taking him outside for the world's coldest course correction..telling him Pops would roll over in his grave seeing Stephan's misbehavior...he FELT THAT. That's the kind of teaching moment that might actually change someone's behavior down the road.

Danae's mom clearly has a lot of catching up to do in light of Danae's emotional immaturity, but I still give her credit for caring for the pregnant teen in her home and calmly checking her own child's selfishness.

I want nothing more in life than to be on Ashley's side against Shen's insanity, but Ashley's smugness when she's setting boundaries is not a good look.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

STEPHAN'S AUNT FOREVER. That might have been the best moment of parenting a teen we've ever seen on this whole franchise. Quietly telling him they need to talk before she leaves...taking him outside for the world's coldest course correction..telling him Pops would roll over in his grave seeing Stephan's misbehavior...he FELT THAT. That's the kind of teaching moment that might actually change someone's behavior down the road.

That was great! sadly I don't see the asshole changing one bit.

Kyler and Danae are fucking clueless, I can't stand them.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, woot said:

Danae is an idiot but his family seems supportive of them as a couple. They are welcoming of the baby that has no biological relationship to Danae. Nice to see Brianna bonding with her boyfriends family.

I think Brianna was bonding with Danae's mother only because her own mother wasn't around for those few days--they seem very attached.  And I'm afraid Danae's family is more than welcoming and the attachment they're forming with a baby they're not related to will end up in disaster when Danae decides he's done with "fatherhood." 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know.... If Brianna puts Danae as the father on the certificate, does that make him legally the father? And does the transgender aspect come into play with that at all? Or do birth certificates now just have places for two parental names and not a mother/father? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think Brianna was bonding with Danae's mother only because her own mother wasn't around for those few days--they seem very attached.  And I'm afraid Danae's family is more than welcoming and the attachment they're forming with a baby they're not related to will end up in disaster when Danae decides he's done with "fatherhood." 

Yeah it could be out of necessity that she’s bonding with Danae’s mom but when she told them “I already consider you all my family” I thought that was sweet.  It very well could and likely will end in disappointment and heartbreak for all involved.  Danae is brave for sticking around but he needs to move on, he doesn’t treat Brianna or her mother well. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2018 at 2:25 PM, gunderda said:

Does anyone know.... If Brianna puts Danae as the father on the certificate, does that make him legally the father? And does the transgender aspect come into play with that at all? Or do birth certificates now just have places for two parental names and not a mother/father? 

In Oregon, the name put on the certificate is considered the legal father, and entitled to all parental rights, visitation, and child support. But if someone puts your name on a birth certificate, you can contest it and file a paternity suit, until a certain age. However, if you are living in same residence with the child and acting as the “father”, you can go to court and request visitation and child support regardless of whether your name is on the birth certificate. In CA, the father must sign a notarized document to add his name to the birth certificate. So it has to be consensual. 

She was smart not to put Denae’s name on the birth certificate. Also, her baby’s name Braeson, that was a cute story she told Denae’s family about how she came up with the name. But to me, it sounds more like his real name is Bri’s son, just with a fancy spelling to make Denae feel included. And the pronouciation aligns with my theory. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I was shocked but impressed that Jade's bf stepped up and took care if her and baby after the birth.  That was refreshing amd very adult. 

Denae is annoying.

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×