frenchtoast

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

It's possible that Lauren doesn't yet know what is wrong with her, just that she has "a tender stomach" in some way, shape, or form.  I myself often had intestinal problems for decades, and asked to be tested multiple times for Crohn's, celiac, endometriosis, etc., after wolfing probiotics and cal-mag until the cows came home... or went away, as I also briefly flirted with the possibility that I was lactose intolerant... after enormous amounts of trial and error, it seems that I was having consistent intestinal problems because of my gastritis; or, at the very least, that my bowels regulate themselves with a daily acid reducer de facto pushing the acid buildup out (sorry for TMI but if it helps one other person, I would feel it's worth it!). 

• Like 6

I googled around about Lauren and Celiac.

On Reddit someone posted that Lauren was cramping and thought that she had something with gluten.

So maybe she really does have celiac?

She said she was gluten free but never admitted to celiac or a more common gluten intolerance. Since she ate a tortilla out of the Duggar fridge, I imagine it's the latter.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2019 at 9:05 PM, Sew Sumi said:

She said she was gluten free but never admitted to celiac or a more common gluten intolerance. Since she ate a tortilla out of the Duggar fridge, I imagine it's the latter.

You can have corn tortillas as a Celiac but I don’t remember if it was labeled or not.  I know true Celiacs can have miscarriages when they eat gluten because of the antibodies their body makes.