Jump to content
Stinger97

BB in the Media: Outside the Fishbowl

Recommended Posts

On 2/7/2019 at 6:39 AM, gunderda said:

I have a question about the airfare deal.... So Swaggy and Kevin both agree that Kevin's flight was paid for - but then Kevin gets to the airport and needs a different seat because he needs easier access to the bathroom. So did he have to pay for a new flight entirely?  And if he did, then what happened to the money Swaggy allegedly spent for the original flight? Because usually flights aren't refundable. 

What I was hear elsewhere was that they used Bayleigh's super duper awesome flight attendant discount to buy Kevin's ticket... but it was actually for Cancun with a layover in Florida where the event was taking place? And the ticket was in Scammy C's name anyway? So even if Kevin could have used it, he couldn't have checked a bag because his bag would be in Cancun and his body would be in Florida? Apparently it was talked about in the All The Fixins podcast (iTunes link because it doesn't seem to be up on their website yet, it's the special one listed at the top with Matt Hoffman as the guest). So...?

Also I don't know if this was linked but here's an overall "what the fuck happened" type article from Soap Dirt here: https://soapdirt.com/big-brother-swaggy-kevin-cancer-doesnt-deserve-fundraiser-money/

Pay close attention to this last paragraph of the article, particularly the bolded: 

Quote

But for a fundraising event, people paying and donating have the right to know their money wound up in the right hands. There seems to be a lot of miscommunication surrounding this entire situation. Bayleigh concluded harshly saying: “I don’t know if we’ll ever try to do anything nice again.”

Like, I think you actually have to try doing something nice to start with? Scamming people doesn't count. But I sure hope you enjoyed that AirB&B with the 11 bedrooms that you paid for with the money you made off the event, Bayleigh. I hope the Instagram photos (because there are always Instagram photos) were worth it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Like, I think you actually have to try doing something nice to start with? Scamming people doesn't count. But I sure hope you enjoyed that AirB&B with the 11 bedrooms that you paid for with the money you made off the event, Bayleigh. I hope the Instagram photos (because there are always Instagram photos) were worth it. 

Yeah, god forbid you try to do something "nice" again by scamming people and taking thousands of dollars for yourselves. 

If I was giving them the benefit of the doubt before for making a mistake with the event stuff, I'm taking it back now. Screw both of these selfish scammy assholes. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

That weird flight thing is called "skiplagging" and it's a breach of ticket contract with the airline (all airlines). It's not super rare to do it - there are websites dedicated to finding great skiplag deals - but you have to know wtf you're doing. Rule #1 is, carry on only.

That's why there was the weird exchange with Scottie where he was telling S&B the check in agent wanted $500 to check his bag. That same screencap Pres Dumbfuck included a tiny piece of a skiplag website. I assume the S&B braintrust bought Scottie the skiplag ticket, but didn't bother to tell him anything about it aside from, "Just leave the airport when you land in Orlando." 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/5/2019 at 7:53 PM, IndyMischa said:

I have no idea who this guy is, but I'm adding him to my Festivus card list. It's hard to pinpoint a favorite moment, so I'm voting for the Breaking Bad clip. Every time Swaggy displays his utter lack of math, you hear from Jesse: "Yeah, Mr White! Yeah, science!!" Let's just say, if he were playing that from a tape, the fucking tape would have had a hole in it by the halfway point.

Yeah, I have no idea who he is either, but his absolute hate for Swaggy is glorious. I don't know what Swaggy has done to piss him off to begin with (besides being the douche that is Swaggy), but I've literally been listening to his YouTube breakdown, or rather beat down, for an hour and a half and I'm not turning it off till it ends!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

That weird flight thing is called "skiplagging" and it's a breach of ticket contract with the airline (all airlines). It's not super rare to do it - there are websites dedicated to finding great skiplag deals - but you have to know wtf you're doing. Rule #1 is, carry on only.

That's why there was the weird exchange with Scottie where he was telling S&B the check in agent wanted $500 to check his bag. That same screencap Pres Dumbfuck included a tiny piece of a skiplag website. I assume the S&B braintrust bought Scottie the skiplag ticket, but didn't bother to tell him anything about it aside from, "Just leave the airport when you land in Orlando." 

Huh. I don't fly out of the country much so I've never heard of that.

I wish Kevin would have just been like "Fuck y'all" and continued on to vacation in Cancun instead of ending up in this disaster. I mean, Cancun versus having to be near Swaggy and Bayleigh... not that hard of a choice for me. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Article on “The Hive” Cruise.

https://soapdirt.com/big-brother-cruise-fans-promised-bb-winners-stuck-with-swaggy-c-and-hive/

If you missed out on the Swaggy video before he deleted it it’s posted on another site. 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x71tqxp

“Here’s the problem Kevin became cancer free”

That Metro guy is already on his 3rd Swaggy exposed party video! Latest is that Omar never got the $1650 and Swaggy has a go fund me charity page and Swayleigh still has their housewarming registry up. 

https://www.gofundme.com/swaggy-c-helps-families

https://www.target.com/gift-registry/giftgiver?registryId=8a390b73adb943619f044444b46b2ae3&type=GENERIC&occasionType=HOUSEWARMING

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Huh. I don't fly out of the country much so I've never heard of that.

It works (assuming you get away with it) for domestic flights too. I'm not condoning the practice - and it's useless for my overpacking, high maintenance self anyway - but it's an easy way to save cash if you can work within the rules. Quirks of flight pricing can be really crazy. 

33 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I wish Kevin would have just been like "Fuck y'all" and continued on to vacation in Cancun instead of ending up in this disaster. I mean, Cancun versus having to be near Swaggy and Bayleigh... not that hard of a choice for me. 

One billion percent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Okay so I got married on the super cheap and there was no real party to speak of - eleven of us went to our favourite Italian restaurant where you get a ballpoint pen for eating your whole plate because huuuge portions (my brother-in-law was the hero that night) and I totally walked down the streets in my wedding dress and veil and did the Queenly wave to anyone that honked at us - and even though we said no gifts, we got cash and a handmade quilt and some gag gifts because that's my mom. But toilet paper? Paper towel? Jergen's lotion? 

I guess most couples are already out and living on their own and established unlike these fools but still: "In lieu of a fondue set or an actual wrapped gift, we ask that you buy us Bounty paper towel and weights off our registry."? 

Also WHO NEEDS FOUR TOILET BRUSHES? YOU LIVE AT HOME WITH BAYLEIGH'S MOM AND DAD. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THEIR POOR TOILET? (Please no one answer that. It was a rhetorical question.)

That was totally worth turning on my VPN to look at the registry.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Okay so I got married on the super cheap and there was no real party to speak of - eleven of us went to our favourite Italian restaurant where you get a ballpoint pen for eating your whole plate because huuuge portions (my brother-in-law was the hero that night) and I totally walked down the streets in my wedding dress and veil and did the Queenly wave to anyone that honked at us - and even though we said no gifts, we got cash and a handmade quilt and some gag gifts because that's my mom. But toilet paper? Paper towel? Jergen's lotion? 

I guess most couples are already out and living on their own and established unlike these fools but still: "In lieu of a fondue set or an actual wrapped gift, we ask that you buy us Bounty paper towel and weights off our registry."? 

Also WHO NEEDS FOUR TOILET BRUSHES? YOU LIVE AT HOME WITH BAYLEIGH'S MOM AND DAD. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THEIR POOR TOILET? (Please no one answer that. It was a rhetorical question.)

That was totally worth turning on my VPN to look at the registry.

They "bought" a house.

He posted this earlier.  Why are you bragging about taking 13 vacations in 2 months?  At least he's smart enough to stay off Twitter!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

There is no fucking way they could afford that house. They're totes squatting. Or they just pulled up to a rando house in her parents neighbourhood and posed in front of that sign. I refuse to believe otherwise. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

There is no fucking way they could afford that house. They're totes squatting. Or they just pulled up to a rando house in her parents neighbourhood and posed in front of that sign. I refuse to believe otherwise. 

Seeing as the real estate name on that sign is Bayleigh's mother.....it's definitely a house bought by her parents. I am willing to bet they pay very little. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

There is no fucking way they could afford that house. They're totes squatting. Or they just pulled up to a rando house in her parents neighbourhood and posed in front of that sign. I refuse to believe otherwise.  

They live there but no one thinks they got it on their own.  Swaggy filmed a house tour video and they both have posted IG stories in that house.  Her mom is the real estate agent.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Okay so I got married on the super cheap and there was no real party to speak of - eleven of us went to our favourite Italian restaurant where you get a ballpoint pen for eating your whole plate because huuuge portions (my brother-in-law was the hero that night) and I totally walked down the streets in my wedding dress and veil and did the Queenly wave to anyone that honked at us - and even though we said no gifts, we got cash and a handmade quilt and some gag gifts because that's my mom.

Sounds like the Ritz-Carlton compared to ours.  😆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did that Target registry once say WEDDING? 

Because now its HOUSEWARMING. 

And really, do people register for mundane stuff like printer paper and toilet paper?

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Did that Target registry once say WEDDING? 

Because now its HOUSEWARMING. 

And really, do people register for mundane stuff like printer paper and toilet paper?

It’s a housewarming. I think it’s next weekend. It’s supposed to be for their families but I think Scottie might be attending. Why they felt the need to share the registry with the fans when no one asked for it - how many of their fans sent them a Target gift card? Still lol when I go back to see the toilet paper and lotion!

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, IndyMischa said:

That weird flight thing is called "skiplagging" and it's a breach of ticket contract with the airline (all airlines). It's not super rare to do it - there are websites dedicated to finding great skiplag deals - but you have to know wtf you're doing. Rule #1 is, carry on only.

That's why there was the weird exchange with Scottie where he was telling S&B the check in agent wanted $500 to check his bag. That same screencap Pres Dumbfuck included a tiny piece of a skiplag website. I assume the S&B braintrust bought Scottie the skiplag ticket, but didn't bother to tell him anything about it aside from, "Just leave the airport when you land in Orlando." 

Very interesting! So anyone can do this skiplagging? Because I'm pretty sure Bayleigh didn't go back to her airline job. 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:20 PM, Callaphera said:

There is no fucking way they could afford that house. They're totes squatting. Or they just pulled up to a rando house in her parents neighbourhood and posed in front of that sign. I refuse to believe otherwise. 

And WTF is a freaking You Tube room!? Is that really a thing to look for in a house? I just want a 3rd bedroom in my next house as a craft space where my cats are not allowed. Because customers don't enjoy cat hair embellished items. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Very interesting! So anyone can do this skiplagging? Because I'm pretty sure Bayleigh didn't go back to her airline job. 

Yep. I would be surprised if an airline employee ever did it, because I can see that being big trouble if they were caught! But as a former flight attendant, she's well versed in all the tricks, I'm sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/lufthansa-sues-passenger-scli-intl/index.html

An airline is suing someone over this skip lag thing.

I don't get why it is a problem. If it is less expensive to fly to a city by getting off at the connection, that is the airlines fault. Why should I get in trouble for finding a cheaper fare even if it is not a traditional fare?

Because airlines are allowed to (pretty much, minus obvious discrimination issues and such) make any rules they want. One of those rules - which no one pays any attention to, in the four screens of blah blee bloop that we all ignore before clicking Accept - is that you can't intentionally do this. I think prosecuting someone for a one off is asinine and the PR hit will cost a lot more than the marginal revenue, but they're within their rights to do it. 

In other, quite amusing meta news, I just Googled "Swaggy Fessy fraud" (without the quotes), and this thread is one of the top results. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/12/2019 at 9:55 AM, ProfCrash said:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/lufthansa-sues-passenger-scli-intl/index.html

An airline is suing someone over this skip lag thing.

I don't get why it is a problem. If it is less expensive to fly to a city by getting off at the connection, that is the airlines fault. Why should I get in trouble for finding a cheaper fare even if it is not a traditional fare?

I agree, consider the source though.  Lufthansa is not a stellar airline (understatement). My son has done this a number of times and he works in the airline industry.  

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×