Galileo908

S29.E11: Frink Gets Testy

Fearing that the end of the world is near, Mr. Burns tasks Prof. Frink with testing all of Springfield's residents to determine who is worth saving.

Yup, nobody but Smithers would be willing to be stuck on an ark with Mr. Burns.

Ralph really skates on the dumbest of luck.

Is it just me, or is Marge's voice getting more grating? I know you could chalk it up to Julie K getting older, but man sometimes it's really painful just to listen to her.

But you know what? Homer writing cursive letters to her was so cute, I can't even be too annoyed that this turned into yet ANOTHER Marge "improving" Homer plot.

• Like 2

Title: Agnes as a pterodactyl

Billboard: Moe's Tavern: Now with ladies room!

Chalkboard: Strangling is not an effective parenting tool (written by Homer)

Couch Gag: Couch gives birth to baby couch. 

So this episode was basically a Futurama episode with different characters. Frink pretty much became Professor Farnsworth for this one. Even the ending was Futurama-esque, with Burns' arc floating into space while he's choked out by a robot. He'll be fine.

"Release the comforting hounds!"

Hey, it's The Brain! Er, Maurice La Marche as Orson Welles. I really want to see his version of a rainbow.

How did everyone know that Homer was the stupidest man in town? Homer tweeted it. Of course.

Heh, Manjula is in Mensa now. But where was Skinner? Or Lisa? I, too was surprised that Ralph of all people scored one point higher than Lisa. I don't even want to know why Wiggum would need to tell Ralph not to open up the phone through voicemail. Lisa and Ralph's plot ended kinda anticlimatically. It turned into one of those "chasing a kid through a construction area" cartoon tropes, and Frink just fudged Lisa's score to feel better, not knowing exactly why Ralph scored so high.

"Smithers, Waylon, Soon To Be Wanda" Okay, then.

I liked that Jesus (er, Jebus H. Christ, Esquire) has a monogrammed "Jebus" on his robe. Speaking of callbacks, I liked seeing the return of the poolside microwave.

5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

But you know what? Homer writing cursive letters to her was so cute, I can't even be too annoyed that this turned into yet ANOTHER Marge "improving" Homer plot.

At least their marriage wasn't in trouble, and yeah, I liked this, too. Homer's heart will always be in the right place, and that's why they've endured for so long,

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 2

Meh.  Didn't really enjoy this.  There were a couple of light laughs -- "never be a cat in cartoon" was bang on.

The whole Homer starts correcting his sloppy handwriting as the solution to all his learnin' problems was kind of weak.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

There were a couple of light laughs -- "never be a cat in cartoon" was bang on.

Unless you're Heathcliff............... or Garfield (90% of the time).

• Like 3

I'm having a hard time that the entire town took the test, but it's the show. 

The best laugh for me was Nostradamus predicting the breakup of Fleetwood Mac. 

• Like 2

The whole Homer starts correcting his sloppy handwriting as the solution to all his learnin' problems was kind of weak.

Especially when we all know the reason is because there's a crayon in his brain. 

• Like 2