SilverStormm

Dr. Pimple Popper

4 hours ago, 2727 said:

I wish Dr. Lee would have removed all the cysts on the man with the stinky pops. If you're going to do him a solid, go all the way.

This^^    That had me screaming at the tv and scaring the cat.  Even if she couldn't do them all at one time, surely she could have him come in for a second round.  Did she think his wife would pop them for him?  I liked this wife and her fascination with popping.  She looked like she was having the time of her life watching Dr Lee pop those cysts out.

As far as I recall, I liked all the patients this time.  The girl with the 'elf ears" is beautiful and seems like fun.   And I am happy that the man with the "ball" on his forehead is now free to roam around in public.  I did feel sorry that his wife is on dialysis.

• Like 2

I think that Dr. Lee has said that they can only do so many procedures at once, due to the limit on the anesthetic. They can only do so many injections as it can affect your heart.  But, they could have done it with no anesthetic.  lol  I think I would opt for that, if I could get them all done before flying home. Maybe, a little painful, but, worth it in the end.  Also, I wondered if that man might benefit from an antibiotic or special body wash.  What causes those things to take over?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Dr. Lee seems like such a fun person to work with. Her staff seem to be very low key. 

I mentioned upthread how I like it that she feels of people's bumps with her bare hands, and I've also noticed that she doesn't automatically ask, "What are you here for?"  If someone has a big lump on his face, she reacts when she walks in, just like anybody would.  Only in a very matter-of-fact but kind way.

Or keloid ears girl--she told her she thought her elf ears were cute.

What I couldn't tell was whether she actually could smell the goop in the guy's cysts, and just claimed she couldn't.  If it's the latter, then that, too, is very kind of her.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I mentioned upthread how I like it that she feels of people's bumps with her bare hands, and I've also noticed that she doesn't automatically ask, "What are you here for?"  If someone has a big lump on his face, she reacts when she walks in, just like anybody would.  Only in a very matter-of-fact but kind way.

What I couldn't tell was whether she actually could smell the goop in the guy's cysts, and just claimed she couldn't.  If it's the latter, then that, too, is very kind of her.

I too like the bare hands when examining the lumps. It's not cold and dehumanizing. 

She does wear gloves and (often if not always) a splash guard mask when performing the procedures. She seems very aware of each patient's feelings, and IIRC has mentioned that during procedures she talks to the patient, especially the nervous or scared ones. I think she called something like "verbal anesthesia." 

• Like 3

I guess Dr. Lee is trying to make the patient more comfortable.  Plus, I guess she can get a better feel of the bump with her bare hands.  I always feel a little odd when I visit my Endocrinologists.  I am Type I diabetic and they check my feet on a regular basis without using gloves!  Don't you think that's odd.  I mean, my feet are clean, but,.....lol.  They are pretty brave, imo. 

21 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It actually creeps me out that she touches people without gloves.

I thought keloid girl's elf ears were cute too.

I seem to remember her saying something about acting like she can't smell anything so that the patient doesn't feel bad.

• Like 1