Jump to content
GHScorpiosRule

From Across The Pond: Royal Weddings and Scandals

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, roseslg said:

We should not be policing how a woman should act when she’s pregnant.  Just because you did x, doesn’t meant it was natural for someone else.  We are all different and experience the same thing differently.  Hell, each pregnancy can be very different.  Some babies rest quietly, others are just moving non stop.   None of us know what her pregnancy is like, so we shouldn’t be judging what is ‘right’.  

 

You do you. 

Thank you. The feminist in me is saying a lot in my head but I'll just bite my tongue.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

There was a time when broadcasters wouldn’t allow the word “pregnant” to be said on the air. Perhaps some would feel more comfortable if we returned to those glorious enlightened days. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

There was a time when broadcasters wouldn’t allow the word “pregnant” to be said on the air. Perhaps we should go back to those glorious enlightened days. 

I think the feeling behind that mentality-that there is something slightly vulgar about pregnancy, therefore it must be hidden physically and only spoken of in polite terms-hasn't entirely faded and still shapes ideas of "acceptable" behavior from pregnant women, even today. "Her clothes should be billowy, otherwise she is trying to display her bump (like everyone doesn't already know she's pregnant). Only limited touching of the belly in public, or else its full shape might be on display (and only a show off would want that)!" The worst thing a pregnant woman can do, in the eyes of some, is anything that allegedly calls attention to the delicate condition.

Edited by Dejana
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

 It's not like she sold access to the family (both Duchess Sarah and Countess Sophie)

 

When did this happen? I rarely hear anything about Edward and Sophie.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Dejana said:

I think the feeling behind that mentality-that there is something slightly vulgar about pregnancy, therefore it must be hidden physically and only spoken of in polite terms-hasn't entirely faded and still shapes ideas of "acceptable" behavior from pregnant women, even today

Exactly my point

 

59 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Anyone remember Zara's tongue piercing? 

 Yes I do.  Typical teenage behavior blown up as scandalous by the gossipmongers of the time.    Now if we're talking Princess Margaret's romps on Mustique Island . . .  

Royal gossipmongers slanting a woman who wants to actually work <gasp> as some sort of bitchy diva is ridiculous and I will call them out.  I remember where the royal bodies are buried.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Popples said:

When did this happen? I rarely hear anything about Edward and Sophie.

In 2001. In her early days as a royal wife, Sophie was still working at her PR firm. Her partner in the firm was caught (by the now-defunct News of the World) offering up Edward and Sophie for business endorsements, and Sophie was captured on tape making very candid remarks about other members of the family and various British politicians. Here's a contemporary report about it.

Then there was the incident (also in 2001) of Edward's production company following William around St. Andrews with a camera crew, even after the royals had made a deal with the media not to film him at university outside of pre-arranged photo ops.

Edited by Dejana
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, @Dejana ! I was still a teenager in 2001, I wasn't even an anglophile yet, and could only name The Queen and Princes Charles, William, and Harry out of the royal family.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Dejana said:

In 2001. In her early days as a royal wife, Sophie was still working at her PR firm. Her partner in the firm was caught (by the now-defunct News of the World) offering up Edward and Sophie for business endorsements, and Sophie was captured on tape making very candid remarks about other members of the family and various British politicians. Here's a contemporary report about it.

The business partner was the true messy one but Sophie, although not a working royal at the time, caught the most flack.  But I've always loved how Sophie knew the gossipmongers were trying to make her Diana 2.0 and was having none of it.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, roseslg said:

We should not be policing how a woman should act when she’s pregnant.  Just because you did x, doesn’t meant it was natural for someone else.  We are all different and experience the same thing differently.  Hell, each pregnancy can be very different.  Some babies rest quietly, others are just moving non stop.   None of us know what her pregnancy is like, so we shouldn’t be judging what is ‘right’.  

 

You do you. 

Thank you! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw this old tweet Khloe Kardashian apparently made. Some were re-posting it in response to all this talk about Meghan cradling her baby bump. I guess some had things to say about Khloe as well when she was pregnant. To me, this was a perfect response.

Quote

People are very opinionated about my bump. I choose to cradle my bump because it’s MINE. I’ve waited for this VERY short moment for YEARS. I have only months to enjoy this phase in my life, so I will touch my bump and love my bump as often as I choose. Mommy loves you baby!

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

slept with a married woman while married (Charles)

Change the word “woman” and you can add Diana to the list.

I refuse to click but can’t help but wonder what Samantha’s problem is with the Christmas card.  Is it because it’s a reminder that she didn’t get invited to the wedding?  It’s okay, dear, I bet you aren’t getting this card either.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Change the word “woman” and you can add Diana to the list.

I refuse to click but can’t help but wonder what Samantha’s problem is with the Christmas card.  Is it because it’s a reminder that she didn’t get invited to the wedding?  It’s okay, dear, I bet you aren’t getting this card either.

Her main issue, other than the fact she didn't get one, is that the couple have their backs turned in the photo, gazing at the wedding fireworks.  Samantha takes this as a slap in the face, a sign that Harry and Meghan have turned their backs on the family and the world.  She's an idiot.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I am amazed that Samantha keeps making herself an easy target for Meghan (and the Royals) to shun her. What is the adage:  "The best revenge is living well!" (Something like that.)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

I am amazed that Samantha keeps making herself an easy target for Meghan (and the Royals) to shun her

Meghan didn't grow up with Samantha and they haven't been in contact for years.  It's easy not talk to somebody you weren't talking to in the first place.  Samantha, and those who put stock in whatever she says, don't seem to comprehend this.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MissAlmond said:

Meghan didn't grow up with Samantha and they haven't been in contact for years.  It's easy not talk to somebody you weren't talking to in the first place.  Samantha, and those who put stock in whatever she says, don't seem to comprehend this.  

My point, in part, is that even if Samantha wanted that relationship to change (for fame or genuinely) that her behavior is making it easier for that not to happen. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

My point, in part, is that even if Samantha wanted that relationship to change (for fame or genuinely) that her behavior is making it easier for that not to happen. 

Well, she inherited her bizarre thought process on How to Win Back Relatives To Meet Influential People from dear old Dad.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Well, she inherited her bizarre thought process on How to Win Back Relatives To Meet Influential People from dear old Dad.

Ahh yes, dear old dad.    Another interview claiming Meghan won't talk to him.   Well yeah, because you won't SHUT UP.   Begging the Queen to intervene.   The Queen is inviting her to tea and saying "I've got your back dear.   Ignore them all you want.   They show up, we have plenty of guards."

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/15/2018 at 7:47 PM, smices said:

Just for the sake of accuracy, the nail polish was a deep plum color, not black.

Even better.

I just ate a bunch of delicious Annie's mac and cheese and am now cradling my stomach. Attention-seeking?

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, orza said:

I dunno. I looked through old photos of five pregnancies and did not find a single picture of me holding my belly in that pronounced manner. I would say that it is not instinctive, more of an involuntary response that sometimes happens but can be easily suppressed if need be. A fetus spends most of the time quietly sleeping, anyway, so one might feel fetal movement for only a few minutes in the course of a day and except for the occasional kick it may barely be noticeable.

I think the pose of ostentatiously cradling the belly with both hands may also be a bit of a fad that started about the time people started calling an expanding belly a baby bump and now everybody does it. It is definitely attention-seeking behavior on the part of some celebrities who clutch their bellies every time a camera is pointed at them.

From 6 months on, my babies were putting pressure on various body parts and it resulted in pretty uncomfortable back pain. I often gave my belly a little "lift up" to relieve some of the pressure.  To look at me, I was cradling my bump. The reality was that I was trying to not cry in pain.  And they kicked. Constantly. Consider yourself lucky that yours slept or were still for most of your pregnancy.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

My oldest was born at 26 weeks; I didn’t get a bump and hadn’t taken many photos before he arrived.  For the next three you better believe I cradled those bumps and took lots of pictures.  The only concern is when your lower hand goes a little too low and then you look like you are cradling something else. 😜

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, slf said:

I just ate a bunch of delicious Annie's mac and cheese and am now cradling my stomach. Attention-seeking?

Yes, you're nah-nah-nahing us because you had mac & cheese & we didn't.:-)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, orza said:

 I would say that it is not instinctive, more of an involuntary response that sometimes happens but can be easily suppressed if need be.

I can't think of a situation where one would need to suppress this urge, other than if their hands are full.

That one picture of Meghan Markle does look like something from a pregnancy photo shoot though.  That's probably why people think she's being phony, although I don't think she was.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I am flabbergasted by how many fucks are given of Meghan cupping her baby bump. Now I know this will begin the "IDGAF but was expressing an opinion posts." (Sounds like GAF to me.) Expressing an opinion is everyone's right, and, at the end of the day, it is every pregnant's woman's right to cup their baby bump without explanation.

Nah, we must suppress it, and train ourselves away from our instincts!   That was tongue in cheek.  I've been pregnant twice, and honestly, I can't remember what I did, but each one was different, and I am sure there was some cupping involved.  Although it's not logical, sometimes I felt like my daughter was going to just drop out of there. I was kinda holding her in.  She wasn't a resting  and lie quietly kinda fetus.  Hopefully, she becomes a kick-ass adult who doesn't gaf. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed my pregnant friends cup their bellies a lot in public while walking. It looks like instinct shielding it or because it's easier to walk briskly that way. And we only see Megan running around in public so that's what I think of. Heck, even I hold parts of my body when I need to move quickly.

Even if it's not, she's a first time mom! Go ahead and show off! What happy and proud mom hasn't? 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

From ET Online: The Duchess of Sussex Visits Brinsworth House, the Royal Variety Residential Nursing and Care Home in Twickenham. Basically, this is the British equivalent to the Motion Picture and Television Country House and Hospital in the Los Angeles area. Both facilities are retirement/assisted living communities for former actors, actresses, & others in the entertainment industry.

With Meghan being a former US actress herself, I think an engagement of this type makes perfect sense. Kudos to whomever came up with the idea & scheduled it.

Yes, the “baby bump” was on full display. It’s really visible now/in the dress Meghan wore to today’s engagement.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

From ET Online: The Duchess of Sussex Visits Brinsworth House, the Royal Variety Residential Nursing and Care Home in Twickenham. Basically, this is the British equivalent to the Motion Picture and Television Country House and Hospital in the Los Angeles area. Both facilities are retirement/assisted living communities for former actors, actresses, & others in the entertainment industry.

With Meghan being a former US actress herself, I think an engagement of this type makes perfect sense. Kudos to whomever came up with the idea & scheduled it.

Yes, the “baby bump” was on full display. It’s really visible now/in the dress Meghan wore to today’s engagement.

Those are very retro sleeves. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot to mention... The article I linked to said that Meghan signed a paper ornament, “Merry Christmas, Love, Meghan” during her visit today. I’m sure she’s gonna take some crap over it because the royals aren’t supposed to sign autographs (though I read about Charles signing something that could be considered as giving someone an autograph awhile back, & I also remember reading, I’m pretty sure, at least Harry—if not Harry & Meghan—signed at least 1 thing that could’ve been considered as giving the person(s) his/their autograph(s) during the Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific tour).

I get why they’re not supposed to sign autographs—at least why the Queen isn’t: So her signature can’t be forged/copied & used against her to authorize something deadly/with negative consequences for Great Britain, another country &/or the world (at least I think that’s why). 

But I know that various other, mostly “senior”, members of the family sign condolence books on behalf of the Queen for the victims of various major world disasters & I wonder why that’s OK, since signatures can also be copied from those for nefarious purposes.

I dunno. If they can’t sign their full names for autographs, I feel like they oughta be able to sign their first initial & the date, or something.

It’ll be interesting to see if Meghan takes any flak for the autograph. Or, if that doesn’t get people in a snit, seeing what will make them mad this time. Especially since I, at least, thought she looked pretty daggone perfect today.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add a parenthesis.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I get why they’re not supposed to sign autographs—at least why the Queen isn’t: So her signature can’t be forged/copied & used against her to authorize something deadly/with negative consequences for Great Britain, another country &/or the world (at least I think that’s why). 

Does she have the authority to sign something that hugely important nowadays?

Share this post


Link to post

I can kinda see the autograph thing.   Not from a forgery perspective but from a fairness perspective.   And a time thing.    Those walkabouts are tightly scheduled.   If they have to stop and sign something for everyone, well it would never be done.   Then there is the monetary aspect.   Someone gets something signed and it is on EBay in 10 seconds.   Which is considered tacky.    So there is no "market" for signatures if they don't sign anything.   Plus, can you imagine certain others of the Royal Family if they were allowed to sign (cough, Andrew, Sarah)  "queue up here for the Royal Signature only 50 pounds a signature."   yeah no.

 

Although I daresay it's one of those "protocol" things.   They aren't celebrities so they don't do the "tawdry" autograph thing.   But if they want to sign something they can and no one who really matters says anything.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Kudos to whomever came up with the idea & scheduled it.

Per the community's Director, Meghan did that herself. She learned about it when it was mentioned during the Royal Variety Performance she and Harry attended and she asked for more information about it after the performance.

 

1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

So, Brother Markle, have you met any of Samantha's kids? Are you trying for start fresh with any of those nieces and nephews your other sister lost custody of? Has your father even seen any of those kids? Ever? 

Apparently one of Samantha's daughters got married a week or so ago. It might be her oldest child, the one who was raised by Samantha's mother, I'm not really sure. Apparently some people know who she is because she and Meghan did have some type of relationship. I think she's a lawyer. In any case, guess who wasn't present at said wedding - the mother of the bride herself, grandfather of the year and uncle. But of course I bet you won't hear peep about no invites to that wedding.

 

Quote

I forgot to mention... The article I linked to said that Meghan signed a paper ornament, “Merry Christmas, Love, Meghan” during her visit today. I’m sure she’s gonna take some crap over it because the royals aren’t supposed to sign autographs 

Not sure what the article wrote since most of these entertainment writers are such hacks but I saw pictures of what's being referred to here and that wasn't an autograph in any way. It was a hand-made paper ornament that apparently is common for those who visit the home to leave behind. There are pictures of Meghan around the craft table with some of the members of the home, making the ornament. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I forgot to mention... The article I linked to said that Meghan signed a paper ornament, “Merry Christmas, Love, Meghan” during her visit today. I’m sure she’s gonna take some crap over it because the royals aren’t supposed to sign autographs

It wasn’t a signature.  Meghan used to be a professional calligrapher.  There is a picture of the ornament and you can tell the text, including her name, is all calligraphy

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

It wasn’t a signature.  Meghan used to be a professional calligrapher.  There is a picture of the ornament and you can tell the text, including her name, is all calligraphy

So, aside from visiting the charity to give them publicity and hopefully draw donors and volunteers; Meghan left behind a specially decorated piece of herself?  The wench!  How dare she?  Trying to do something unique and special for a cause that is dear to her heart?  Off with her head!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

What was up with the animated price-tagging on her outfit? What's the message there? That she spends too much money on her clothing and jewelry or she doesn't spend enough? Or that she was over-dressed for the occasion? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Meghan used to be a professional calligrapher.  There is a picture of the ornament and you can tell the text, including her name, is all calligraphy

Really? I didn't know that, that's interesting. I'm sure Samantha must not know that or she would have sent out a Tweet complaining that Meghan should have addressed the wedding invitations herself instead of having them done professionally.

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Apparently one of Samantha's daughters got married a week or so ago. It might be her oldest child, the one who was raised by Samantha's mother, I'm not really sure. Apparently some people know who she is because she and Meghan did have some type of relationship. I think she's a lawyer. In any case, guess who wasn't present at said wedding - the mother of the bride herself, grandfather of the year and uncle. But of course I bet you won't hear peep about no invites to that wedding.

How is nobody calling them out on this?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, GaT said:

Really? I didn't know that, that's interesting.

She talked about it a few times on her blog and in interviews during her Suits days. It was one of the ways she made a living while she was auditioning for roles. She did the calligraphy for Robin Thicke and Paula Patton's wedding invitations. She mentions it a 1:20 seconds into this video. 

Meghan is also fluent in Spanish which she demonstrated today during her engagement when she spoke in Spanish to one of the individuals at the home. And yes that is another thing that was public knowledge but many are unaware of because that's not the stuff writers choose to mention or focus on about her.

Because doing so wouldn't help their attempts to make her seem like some bumbling average woman Prince Harry plucked out of the wilderness and saved into this world of amazing sophistication. When in truth, Meghan is actually quite intelligent and cultured, probably more so than Harry.

 

14 minutes ago, GaT said:

How is nobody calling them out on this?

Because they don't give a shit about them. It's Meghan who draws the clicks and the interests. So she's the one they go after. Writing about what a shitty mother Samantha is isn't going to get them the clicks and revenue they're after. Because it won't feed their audience who wants to believe the worse of Meghan. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, Dejana said:

The worst thing a pregnant woman can do, in the eyes of some, is anything that allegedly calls attention to the delicate condition.

In the eyes of some, the worst thing any woman can do, is exist.  There are people, a lot of them, who will always find something to criticize.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, Crs97 said:

I refuse to click but can’t help but wonder what Samantha’s problem is with the Christmas card.  Is it because it’s a reminder that she didn’t get invited to the wedding?  It’s okay, dear, I bet you aren’t getting this card either.

I doubt Samantha needs a reason.  This is who she is.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, MissAlmond said:

Meghan didn't grow up with Samantha and they haven't been in contact for years.  It's easy not talk to somebody you weren't talking to in the first place.  Samantha, and those who put stock in whatever she says, don't seem to comprehend this.  

Meghan and Samantha could be full blooded biological sisters who grew up together, Meghan could not be famous or have married Prince Harry, and Samantha would still be doing anything she could to criticize Meghan and draw attention to herself.  This isn't about Meghan.  Samantha's problem is Samantha.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

She talked about it a few times on her blog and in interviews during her Suits days. It was one of the ways she made a living while she was auditioning for roles. She did the calligraphy for Robin Thicke and Paula Patton's wedding invitations. She mentions it a 1:20 seconds into this video. 

 

Meghan is also fluent in Spanish which she demonstrated today during her engagement when she spoke in Spanish to one of the individuals at the home. And yes that is another thing that was public knowledge but many are unaware of because that's not the stuff writers choose to mention or focus on about her.

Because doing so wouldn't help their attempts to make her seem like some bumbling average woman Prince Harry plucked out of the wilderness and saved into this world of amazing sophistication. When in truth, Meghan is actually quite intelligent and cultured, probably more so than Harry.

 

Because they don't give a shit about them. It's Meghan who draws the clicks and the interests. So she's the one they go after. Writing about what a shitty mother Samantha is isn't going to get them the clicks and revenue they're after. Because it won't feed their audience who wants to believe the worse of Meghan. 

Regarding the bolded: I remember it was also said/alleged Meghan did some calligraphy for something having to do with the evening close friends/family wedding reception Prince Charles hosted at Frogmore House, like calligraphy for the program, or invitations, or something else. I read/heard it multiple times, so I’m not just pulling this info outta the ether (even if it wasn’t true after all).

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To fix spacing.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Apparently one of Samantha's daughters got married a week or so ago. It might be her oldest child, the one who was raised by Samantha's mother, I'm not really sure. Apparently some people know who she is because she and Meghan did have some type of relationship. I think she's a lawyer. In any case, guess who wasn't present at said wedding - the mother of the bride herself, grandfather of the year and uncle. But of course I bet you won't hear peep about no invites to that wedding.

 

Of course you won’t hear any complaints about Meghan’s dysfunctional relatives not being invited to the recent wedding; the bride probably isn’t marrying anyone with a lot of money or other attributes (like a higher social status than Meghan’s relatives) that will bring them the fame & notoriety they seem to want so badly.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To change some wording.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Meghan and Samantha could be full blooded biological sisters who grew up together, Meghan could not be famous or have married Prince Harry, and Samantha would still be doing anything she could to criticize Meghan and draw attention to herself.  This isn't about Meghan.  Samantha's problem is Samantha.

^^^This is truth.^^^  Samantha doesn't want contact with Meghan.  She wants contact with Meghan's money.

 

6 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Of course you won’t hear any complaints about Meghan’s dysfunctional relatives not being invited to the recent wedding; the bride probably isn’t marrying anyone with a lot of money or other attributes (like a higher social status than Meghan’s relatives) that will bring them the fame & notoriety they seem to want so badly.

Samantha has two children by her first marriage, Ashleigh and Christopher, who are in their 30's.  They were raised by their father/paternal grandparents and from what it known, are doing quite well for themselves.  Meghan and Ashleigh have met; Meghan spoke of her in The Tig.  Of the combined Ragland/Markle relatives, Ashleigh is the one most consistently mentioned as secretly attending the royal wedding.   The tabloids once ran a story  with the dubious claim Ashleigh helped Meghan prepare for her role as lawyer in Suits.  I've always believed it was fed by Samantha in a new attempt to tie Meghan to her, but was quickly dropped although the claim is still regurgitated.  Samantha most likely severed maternal rights to first two and the Ashleigh/Suits story died out because lawyers came calling.  As I once posted, the sanest Markle's seem to be Meghan, Ashleigh, and Christopher.  The ones who got away.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

So, Brother Markle, have you met any of Samantha's kids? Are you trying for start fresh with any of those nieces and nephews your other sister lost custody of? Has your father even seen any of those kids? Ever? 

Exactly.  Nothing is stopping the Markle clan from having a holly, jolly, reunited again and it feels so good, family Christmas.  Wonder why Sr and/or Jr haven't asked the tabloids/Piers to foot the bill and cover the festivities in The Daily Mail.  Could it be no one would be interested in the family rift healing if Meghan and Harry aren't there? (yes this is a rhetorical question)  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

^^^This is truth.^^^  Samantha doesn't want contact with Meghan.  She wants contact with Meghan's money.

 

Samantha has two children by her first marriage, Ashleigh and Christopher, who are in their 30's.  They were raised by their father/paternal grandparents and from what it known, are doing quite well for themselves.  Meghan and Ashleigh have met; Meghan spoke of her in The Tig.  Of the combined Ragland/Markle relatives, Ashleigh is the one most consistently mentioned as secretly attending the royal wedding.   The tabloids once ran a story  with the dubious claim Ashleigh helped Meghan prepare for her role as lawyer in Suits.  I've always believed it was fed by Samantha in a new attempt to tie Meghan to her, but was quickly dropped although the claim is still regurgitated.  Samantha most likely severed maternal rights to first two and the Ashleigh/Suits story died out because lawyers came calling.  As I once posted, the sanest Markle's seem to be Meghan, Ashleigh, and Christopher.  The ones who got away.  

I can see this. Given that Meghan and Ashley/Christopher are close in age, they may be friendly in an “extended family” type of way. I could see Meghan inviting them to the wedding and them attending under the radar, enjoying themselves and going home; Meghan in turn sending a wedding present to Ashley’s wedding etc. Ashley and Christopher weren’t raised by Samantha and probably shake their heads and all of her antics. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×