17wheatthins

S01.E07: Family-Sized Popcorn & a Can of Wine

Rosie is the best part of this show; frankly she's too good for it. 

Don't talk through a movie, don't bring a toddler into a R rated movie. (And again, I'm betting Eliza paid for everything cause Bridge is a mooch. Probably would have paid for the car later too.) 

Ugh Bridgette is the worst, and yeah, she's not a good mom. The very fact that she's homeless and unwilling to get a real, stable job to take care of herself and her kid, content instead of mooch off people.....but besides that, who the hell forgets to feed a toddler breakfast and lunch? When you're broke as hell, and living  on someone's couch and clearly can't afford to pay tickets or getting your car back after it's been towed, don't freaking park in a no parking zone. And she apparently does it and gets her car towed over and over. Seriously, she's the worst. And you seriously gonna get in the car with a sketchy looking stranger, with your kid? Really. And no car seat? 

Eliza's kinda terrible in her own ways too -guess that's why they're friends. 

Yeah, because this tired, hungry toddler finally sat on the toilet to go potty -in a junkyard, somehow means that Bridge isn't a terrible mom. Okay then show. I feel like if the main writer for the show wasn't also playing the main character this show would be a lot better, or maybe her writing just sucks in general. 

Edited by jamfly
  • Like 7

Don't know if they can use little girl to play a toddler boy next season.  It's obvious Larry Bird is a little girl.

After her WNBA dreams died, Bridget I s either going to be depressed for awhile or shape up and look to do something else.  BTW, the real money in women's basketball is in Russia.  Other than a few big stars who may be getting endorsement deals, Russian teams have offered bigger salaries to some Americanplayers.

I guess they deal with the daily struggles each episode, like this one is suppose to be their adventure in getting the car back.

If the show lasts several seasons, are they going to have these characters spin their wheels in place, like Shameless has more or less over 7 plus seasons?

Edited by scrb
  • Like 1

This episode gave me such anxiety. I hope Bridget returns all of the stuff her mom bought.

For what it's worth, Bridget's car does have a car seat for Larry. He was sitting in it when they were on the way to the movies.

I worked at a movie theater in college. People brought their young kids to slasher films all the time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scrb said:

Don't know if they can use little girl to play a toddler boy next season.  It's obvious Larry Bird is a little girl.

Larry Bird is two little girls.

O'Donnell does the crushed-wistful look on her face so well it hurts my guts to watch. When she walked out of the department store and paused. That look.

• Like 6

On 12/21/2017 at 7:55 PM, DianeChambers123 said:

I wish this show was about Tu Tu, Rosie is the incredible in this role. 

The realization that there are probably many kids being raised by "Bridgets" and worse is depressing.

she really is a very good actress. i would love to see her in more tv or film roles. 

bridget is a fuck up. why doesn't she get a damn job and support her child? there is way too much of this going on. 

• Like 4

I get that being a parent is hard. I get that being a single parent is even more challenging. But there are things within Bridgette's control and she continues to make bad choices. Despite all the things she did in this episode, the biggest example of her continued bad choices was that she admits that deliberately parks in tow away zones (and not for a minute to drop her kid off - for TWO HOURS to watch a movie) and then says that she parks in tow away zones way more often than she gets towed. Girl, if your broke ass is sleeping on your friend's couch, you don't have the luxury of paying to get your car out of the tow yard SIX TIMES. MAKE BETTER CHOICES.

I'm so glad that Tutu got out of the water. I was really afraid that she would kill herself. Rosie O'Donnell is doing such a fantastic job in this role that I would hate for her character to leave for any reason, but especially suicide.

As annoying as it is to hear people talking during movies, I had to laugh at Bridgette and Eliza's conversation about which one of the characters was going to be killed next and then it turned out to be the Asian guy with an ice skate to the face.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Like 3

I wonder why they went to Davis Square in Somerville to go the movies?  Not convenient at all from South Boston and it’s not like they showed much of it.  

Bored at the playground?  Too bad.  Get over it.  

On 12/21/2017 at 7:55 PM, DianeChambers123 said:

I wish this show was about Tu Tu, Rosie is the incredible in this role. 

The realization that there are probably many kids being raised by "Bridgets" and worse is depressing.

The scene at Macy’s cracked me up with her screaming “where is the down escalator” over and over.  That was me at Christmas time.  I hate Macy’s set up, I can never find the correct escalator 

• Like 3