Galileo908

S29.E09: Gone Boy

Intro: Santa! And Christmas themed! I feel like we've seen this intro already. Tom Petty can be briefly seen as an angel, but I didn't notice anything else that was different.

Chalkboard: Snow Angels Are Not Frozen Hobos

Couch Gag: Everyone's popcorn. Looked painful.

This was a decent way to shoehorn Sideshow Bob into an episode. Good to see he still has the "The Bart, The" tattoo, too. I also thought teaming him up with Milhouse was a great idea, too. Yeah, it's odd that after all this time, the show got self-aware about why Bob keeps wanting to kill Bart...so he doesn't.

I actually liked Bart's adventure in the missile silo. Of course the first thing he does when he finds a phone is to call Moe.

Not gonna be able to un-see Young Agnes Skinner on a cover of Playdude. I was also concerned that we saw a Calvin & The Hipmunks record and not Melvin & The Squirrels, but Calvin was much more violent, so I'll let it slide.

Shaq had a funny cameo. So he's probably Superman?

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

Record albums in the bunker

-- Sinatra Ruins Dylan
-- Elvis Presley in Doin' it for the Money
-- Calvin and the Hipmunks

Tracks on the Calvin and the Hipmunks album cover
Side 1 -- I Bite Ike
           -- Oh Darn ! It's Nuclear War
           -- Who's This Feller in my Fallout Shelter
Side 2 -- I Bite Ike (Part 2)
           -- All I Want for Christmas is Less Front Teeth
           -- You're the Squirrel for Me
           -- Having a Ball at the Berlin Wall

Lyrics on the Calvin and Chipmunks song Bart played -- 'God Bless America.  Give me back my tomahawk.'

Who knew that Agnes Skinner was 'Miss Cold War' in Playdude magazine (circa 1962) ?

Abe: "Son, I can't go no further.  I wanna just lie down and die."
Homer: "Dad, you can't die here. You have to die in a nursing home where your body falls apart as you burn through your savings 'til you're a worthless vegetable. You know, with dignity."
Abe: "You're right son. We're here on a mission.  Now let's pick out that Christmas tree."
Homer: "We're here to find Bart."
Abe: "Right, right, but we got a nice eight footer over here. She's got a bare patch but we'll turn that to the wall."
Homer: "That's it, I'm not listening to another word."

Abe: "That sounds like the ignition sequence of a LGM25C Titan 2 2 ballistic missile."
Homer: "I've had just about enough of your nonsense."
<Rocket blasts off in the distance>
Homer: "Alright, I owe you one."

Abe: "I just can't get a clean shot."
Homer: "Also, you don't have a gun."
Abe: "I'm useless alright."

I liked the 6 month follow-up with the therapist in the prison -- Sideshow Bob has several more weights on top of him and the therapist was icing his knee (which seems odd after 6 months).

Willie: "Sooner or later, it all comes down to mopping."

Overall, a pretty decent episode.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I liked the 6 month follow-up with the therapist in the prison -- Sideshow Bob has several more weights on top of him and the therapist was icing his knee (which seems odd after 6 months).

/snip

It was also odd that there was still snow on the ground 6 months later. 

• Like 1