David T. Cole

Pushing Daisies

14 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I thought he came out a while ago.

Depends what "a while ago" means (and also, I suppose, "out"). In March he was surprised by a direct interview question, and after fumbling the answer on the phone, later clarified in a tweet that he was "part of the queer community." In the past week he seems to have been more willingly comprehensive in interviews.

On another level, he was outed by Ian McKellen during the filming of the Hobbit movies, when Sir Ian mentioned how great it was to see so many excellent out gay actors in the movie, and included Pace in the list. And that's where different meanings of "out" come into play: one can be open with one's friends and colleagues, and still not feel like making a statement to the world press.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 5:53 AM, scrb said:

Lee Pace came out of the closet -- not that there's anything wrong with it.

He's doing some play in NY.  NY Times article says he starred in cult favorites like Pushing Daisies and Halt and Catch Fire.

By "some play" you mean Angels in America, which is a critically lauded Tony-nominated revival of an amazing show that recently finished an award winning run in London's East End.  And he has one of the top billings.  I saw it last week, and he was truly phenomenal in it, which other such luminaries as Nathan Lane and Andrew Garfield.  I'm sure he will be at the Tony's tomorrow night because the show has several noms.

• Like 1

Yeah, when McKellen outed Lee Pace, I remember there being comments about Pace being in a glass closet. Basically, he wasn’t out but somehow we all knew.

• Like 1