17wheatthins

S01.E06: Chocolate Pudding & a Cooler of Gatorade

Having realized her passion for basketball, Bridgette tries out for the WNBA; Rafi is at a crossroads after a visit with Father Eddie; Tutu reconnects with someone from her past.

I enjoy the rapport between Bridgette and "Larry".  In fact, the twin girls seem to work well with all of the cast.  I typically despise parents pimping their babies for fame, but these twin girls seem to be thriving, and even comfortable enough to throw in some improv lines of their own.  Hopefully they won't start cussing up a storm anytime soon.

• Like 1

The fantasy documentary at the beginning sounded like it was narrated by Amy Poehler, but I didn't see a credit for her.  Does Frankie just have a very Amyesque voice?

• Like 1

how did she think she was going to make the cut at her age, and size? i know nothing about basketball but it never seemed more than a pipe dream

love rosie o'donnell in this but we saw way more than we needed to. who was the guy, did i miss her explaining that? an old boyfriend? fiancee?   from where?

the priest is hot. i knew they were going to have him hit on rafi

19 hours ago, msrachelj said:

how did she think she was going to make the cut at her age, and size? i know nothing about basketball but it never seemed more than a pipe dream

love rosie o'donnell in this but we saw way more than we needed to. who was the guy, did i miss her explaining that? an old boyfriend? fiancee?   from where?

the priest is hot. i knew they were going to have him hit on rafi

Tutu had mentioned that Edmond was the one who got away in a previous episode.  When they were at the grocery store, Tutu mistakenly thought she had seen him.  She also mentioned that they had each tattooed half of a heart on the inside of their wrists.

The priest creeped me out.  Here Rafi was seeking help, and yet another Catholic priest was revealed as a predator. 

• Like 5

Poor Rafi. Even if you remove Eddie being a priest, that was still a fucked up situation. Raf needed a friend to be supportive during a moment of crisis and instead he got someone who he trusted taking advantage of him while he was vulnerable.

I had mixed feelings about Tutu going to see Edmond. She really had him up on a pedestal as the true love of her life and the one who got away when she talked about him in a previous episode. How often do you reconnect with that person thirty years later and find out that they're as perfect as the idealized version you have of them in your head? I was afraid that whatever actually transpired, Tutu would end up being crushed by reality, whether it was because he was happily married or he had turned into a bitter jerk.

• Like 2