deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

22 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

To me, here's the discernable difference : to Martha, making a living, and yes....., a GOOD, WELL PAYING LIVINGis a serious thing and not a joke.

To Shawn, it's all a joke, requiring no real effort or thought.

Which do you want a daughter to emulate? 

Excellent point.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Can we QVC viewers and shoppers somehow sue them?  Maybe for "Alienation of Affection" or some claim like that?

I wish insulting my intelligence was a crime.

• Like 24

In certain cultures it’s very rude to have the bottom of your shoe or feet facing others.  I wish Martha Stewart would come on the set and smack Skank’s feet off the couch, she’s such an ?head.

AB8C5DDF-ACCB-4F90-9FAA-56921DFEEC90.jpeg

• Like 23

12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I just Googled the subject and there was a topic thread on QVC regarding the jumbo sized Peter Thomas Roth retinol serum. Someone looked up the ingredients of the Sephora version and found that it was a different configuration than the Q version. I think that's really crappy on both QVC's and the vendor's parts to mislead customers like that. As much as I loath Shawn, I'm happy she spilled the beans. 

Wow for once Shawn was useful and actually taught us something .  Thanks for looking that up @BitterApple .

• Like 16

1 minute ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

I'm talking about now, and as Martha said last night and many times before, she never looks back, she looks forward, and if this crazy beyotch from the fecactah Apprentice can help her moved product, than so be it! Martha doesn't mire herself in the past. That said, I don't think she has much say over her business dealings these days. In selling your company and its rights to your brand, the new brand owner has most of the say on how to utilize the brand. I'm sure they consult her, but Martha is not driving these endorsement deals. Essentially, she's back to being a spokes-model, a highly-paid one.

Yes, just like Jamie from It Cosmetics and Mally.

Let's be honest.  Anyone that is aware of the history between Shawn and Martha tuned in to see the interaction.  Martha, her bosses and QVC knew this.  Let's just say that one of them earned her pay and the other one did not.

Too bad old Shawn thinks she is in Martha's league.  You are right about Martha moving on, etc.  It's quite a contrast to Shawn's fake it until you make it approach to life.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, leFay said:

Welp, the Q completely removed my (very honest) comment about Skunk-  I didn't even get the dignity of that neat little note that it had been removed because it spoke unkindly of the host or anything... just "poof"... So I decided to "poof" the order that I just placed with them this morning... 

They are earning their money this morning!  Between Shawn and Kerstin, they have to make sure anything negative is gone.

Good for you on cancelling the order!  

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, Puddy said:

They are earning their money this morning!  Between Shawn and Kerstin, they have to make sure anything negative is gone.

Good for you on cancelling the order!  

Thanks! 
I think I'm just tired of the Q's nonsense and nicotine withdrawal is NOT helping at the moment (that's why I'm posting so damn much today, I need the distraction)...

I owe a few beans on the Q card and I'm impulsive & angry enough right now to pay it all off and call them to tell them to shove their card!  I think I'm holding onto the Q because of the "glory days" when it was actually fun to watch & fun to shop!

• Like 18

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Until I viewed the clip posted here I never knew Bethenny and Shawn did that show together!  What became of the winner,  anyone know?

Nope

Looks like Bethenny is the really big winner and got the last laugh....snerk

• Like 14

3 hours ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

First off, no shock Shawn said this.  She has zero filter and once again shows she doesn’t give a shit about anything.

I have read posts over on the Q board about this...seems to be numerous issues with the PTR line. I have always been lerry of the super size products and will continue to avoid them in the future.  So thanks for actually being useful Shawn...LOL!

I would always avoid buying supersize skincare products, no matter what the line.  There is truth to the fact that when you open and close a product, all of the really good ingredients, the expensive ones you are paying for, lose their "oomph" when exposed to air.  Many of these newer ingredients used today are unstable and have a shelf life of 3-4 months at best and in pristine conditions once opened.  Those conditions don't always include a nice warm, humid bathroom!  Then, when you consider the way the product is packaged - should be a dark bottle as opposed to clear, tube instead of a jar or bottle with pump instead of a jar - you'd be throwing away money to buy so much product that you won't use within that 3-4 month period.  If QVC offers two smaller packages, I'd buy that....one can stay "factory fresh" until needed!

2 hours ago, leFay said:

New Shawn thread on the Q board, I added my two cents because I'm petty like that... here's the thread link if ya wanna have a good laugh this morning:
https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Shawn-is-a-new-Woman/td-p/4210939

I looked at the first page, a few deletions, so I stopped looking.

I did chuckle, though.  The thread was called "Shawn's a New Woman".

Bwahahahahahahaha...............

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I looked at the first page, a few deletions, so I stopped looking.

I did chuckle, though.  The thread was called "Shawn's a New Woman".

Bwahahahahahahaha...............

My comment was on the top of the second page and it's completely gone (it had been up for about 35 minutes)... 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, leFay said:

Thanks! 
I think I'm just tired of the Q's nonsense and nicotine withdrawal is NOT helping at the moment (that's why I'm posting so damn much today, I need the distraction)...

I owe a few beans on the Q card and I'm impulsive & angry enough right now to pay it all off and call them to tell them to shove their card!  I think I'm holding onto the Q because of the "glory days" when it was actually fun to watch & fun to shop!

@leFay I got to that point a year ago, well really before I did cancel. Was ordering very little but had a problem with a pair of shoes I looked at but didn't order but received anyway. That had happened before. CS said to return with full refund but Q billed the shipping anyway. After dealing with CS finally shipping charges were dropped. I was so angry and tired of their qrap that I canceled my card, closed my account and do not miss it. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

that kind of sentimentality makes me want to puke, do people really think that  way 

Yes they do and they think these people are their real life friends.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Shawn might like how this has deflected from her to Martha.... Ok.. I am done with Martha.

Shawn, you are still a lazy ass..   

Shawn being paired with Martha was 100% planned.  

The question is, "What were the numbers?".

Edited by Puddy
  • Like 15

7 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

So true.  Her usual immature antics are her way of showing she's the boss, as in "Look how comfortable I am, how large and in charge", but she can't do that with Martha.  Martha is always in charge.  Shawn's nerves must have been shot to hell when that segment was over.  Then it was back to showing the next piss-ant OAP that she was calling the shots by basically taking an on-air break while the rep did her job for her.  I feel the need to use the word loathe in every single post about that nimrod.  I loathe her.

OES was pwned twice this week - once by the Scott Brothers and once by Martha.

It's a good thing. ?

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

OES was pwned twice this week - once by the Scott Brothers and once by Martha.

It's a good thing. ?

Her getting owned shows that she is still faking it and after ten years, she still has no idea how to do her damn job.  We talked about Cathy-Zeta and the hosts she worked with, for example.  Those hosts may have gushed a bit (or a lot) but none were intimidated like Shawn was.

And on the flip side, we have Susan Graver and Rachael Ray.  Two winners that run their mouths while running roughshod over the host.

• Like 18

41 minutes ago, Puddy said:

Her getting owned shows that she is still faking it and after ten years, she still has no idea how to do her damn job.  We talked about Cathy-Zeta and the hosts she worked with, for example.  Those hosts may have gushed a bit (or a lot) but none were intimidated like Shawn was.

And on the flip side, we have Susan Graver and Rachael Ray.  Two winners that run their mouths while running roughshod over the host.

Cathy-Zeta.  That name tickles me.  Hee.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

That.

We are taught as kids not to put our feet on tables, and not to put shod feet on fabric-covered furniture - if we have had parents who cared about raising civilized people.

To me, her putting her shoes up on a light-colored sofa while on-air is a big FU to Q mgmt. And the Q is so clueless that they don't realize that such an action on her part causes a cognitive distraction that DIVERTS THE VIEWER FROM PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PRODUCT THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL TO US!

Idiots.

Patti used to do this all the time.  Old stage trick ~~ eyes go to motion.

She did not have to speak but she would do something to make your eyes go to her.  It's funny when the control room catches on and goes in for a close up of the guest or the product, leaving the offending host completely out of the shot.

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, Puddy said:

Patti used to do this all the time.  Old stage trick ~~ eyes go to motion.

She did not have to speak but she would do something to make your eyes go to her.  It's funny when the control room catches on and goes in for a close up of the guest or the product, leaving the offending host completely out of the shot.

The people behind the scenes are definitely smarter cookies than the ones out in front.  Easier on the eyes, too.  (I'm looking at you, Man-bun Guy).

• Like 18

Maybe this should go in the LR room, but remember her last show?  There was a party in the background  when she was selling stuff and THE PARTY NOISE WAS SO LOUD YOU COULD BARELY HEAR LISA!  Now, looking back, I think the sound guys did it deliberately to mess with her.....

• Like 17

Just checking out the Qboard's Shawn/New Woman thread. What a bunch of sychophantic comments! They seem to feed on each other, trying to prove that they are the Truest Of Fans. 

One can only wonder who on Earth they think is giving them points for defending OES from imaginary defamers?

I often get the impression that during the Inquisition, a lot of those posters there would have been happily throwing wood on the pyres.  Their blinkered POVs I often find very disconcerting and rather (small-d) undemocratic.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, DownTheShore said:

That.

We are taught as kids not to put our feet on tables, and not to put shod feet on fabric-covered furniture - if we have had parents who cared about raising civilized people.

To me, her putting her shoes up on a light-colored sofa while on-air is a big FU to Q mgmt. And the Q is so clueless that they don't realize that such an action on her part causes a cognitive distraction that DIVERTS THE VIEWER FROM PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PRODUCT THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL TO US!

Idiots.

This is all I think about when Shawn is on.  How she got that way, was she raised by banshees?, is she psychotic? doesn't mean a hill of beans to me.

If, allegedly, I'm there to buy, I don't need to be treated to a host with bad manners, someone who thinks they are more important than what product they're trying to sell.

43 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

The people behind the scenes are definitely smarter cookies than the ones out in front.  Easier on the eyes, too.  (I'm looking at you, Man-bun Guy).

"on the 13th day of Christmas, my Snark friend gave to me, Sweet Man-Bun Guy"

That's what I'm getting you for Christmas.....!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 18

3 hours ago, leFay said:

My comment was on the top of the second page and it's completely gone (it had been up for about 35 minutes)... 

Mine didn't make it that long.

• Like 14

The Q Board posters are so terrified by the mods that they will say anything to stay in their good graces...saying anything to upset a MOD is anethema....it is their religion.

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

This is all I think about when Shawn is on.  How she got that way, was she raised by banshees?, is she psychotic? doesn't mean a hill of beans to me.

If, allegedly, I'm there to buy, I don't need to be treated to a host with bad manners, someone who thinks they are more important than what product they're trying to sell.

"on the 13th day of Christmas, my Snark friend gave to me, Sweet Man-Bun Guy"

That's what I'm getting you for Christmas.....!

My inner - much younger - hot mama thanks you very much! ???

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The Q Board posters are so terrified by the mods that they will say anything to stay in their good graces...saying anything to upset a MOD is anethema....it is their religion.

There are a few posters who will report anyone who doesn't agree with them and the mods play favorites. You catch on to this quickly.

• Like 15

Could we clone man bun guy, so we could each have one?  Even if we have a hubby, young man bun guy could still be useful - shoveling snow, cleaning out gutters, etc.  Right??   lol

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Could we clone man bun guy, so we could each have one?  Even if we have a hubby, young man bun guy could still be useful - shoveling snow, cleaning out gutters, etc.  Right??   lol

Cabana boy.

Edited by MyGiddyAunt · Reason: Just noticed that this is the Skunky thread. Would move if I knew how.
  • Like 13

13 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

You are absolutely absoluty right about this!  The first thing that hit me when we had our first son (decades ago) was that very fact.  I couldn't even hop in the car (as a passenger even) to ride to the store to get milk.  We were young, almost poor, in the Air Force (hubby was) and getting out for that ten minutes was "fun" as it got me out and about, but after the baby I couldn't even do that - well, not on a whim anyway.   That's actually one of the things that entered my head when Shawn became a mother.  She's very used to a more free-wheeling lifestyle.  Then there's the 'center of the universe' thing.  And the breadwinner thing.  Wait for it - she'll be going out on a post-partum depression leave pretty soon.

Don't you actually have to give birth to have post-partum depression?  I would love if she pulled that one to TPTB...kind of like how she kept saying she took "maternity leave" instead of "family leave".  She is such a complete tool.  And whoever noted that the novelty has worn off--she rarely talks about Jobless let alone JJ the baby.  

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Denver Hoosier said:

He would be the only reason (and a damn good one) to buy josie moron's arrrrggggaaaan oil... 

• Like 9

I think Skunky’s ego has far surpassed her abilities. She’s a grown woman who acts like a spoiled teen. I’m embarrassed for her and her family. 

• Like 14

Shitstreaks' mantra - "I'm show getting this!"  Said twice within the first minute of Skunky Does Svengooli.

Did you know you can "self purchase" qrap for yourself?  STFU.

• Like 20

Skunk just had her booted feet on a bed while presenting some daylight alarm clock. She sat back with her hooves on the bedding while the OAP took over.  All she did was complain how she loathes the alarm clock, she's not a morning person and how being forced to wake up is a shock to her system .... on that note I wonder how motherhood is treating her?

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 21

The producer also told her she had a price tag on the bottom of her boot.

We called it out weeks ago! They got a close up of it. She was not pleased.

• Like 22

4 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I tuned in for a few minutes and was greeted by her presenting Poo Pourri.  Since it was the first time today I'd turned on the Q and they weren't shilling the TSV, and hoping for some hideously inappropriate comments, I watched for a few.

Apparently Lo and Pop Pop blew into town today and next week her brother and his family are arriving for Thanksgiving.  Maybe they should contact that poor French family who ate at her house last year to see how bad the food poisoning was.  Or maybe they're buried in the backyard near Gary's hangout.

She informed everyone she'd spent the day preparing the bedrooms by putting pillowcases on the pillows (apparently they sleep with no other bedding like sheets and blankets) and fluffing the towels (hopefully they were also washed) and filling the Poo Pourri bottles in the bathrooms.  Hope she also laid in a supply of Imodium and toilet paper.

Of course, I notice she also took some time out of her busy day to get a cut rate manicure complete with poorly applied teal nail polish.  

F36halY.jpg      Pure speculation on my part, BUT..... not a mention of spending any time / interaction with JJ !!  She's either on auto-pilot, or in the capable hands of papa Joe, now that Gram & PopPop are homeward bound. 

• Like 16

17 hours ago, Lady J said:

There are a few posters who will report anyone who doesn't agree with them and the mods play favorites. You catch on to this quickly.

^THIS x 1000!!!

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Could we clone man bun guy, so we could each have one?

#Nope

#Ipressed#1ToOptOut

#CantBeBothered

#NotRemotely

#BahHumbug

#YouseWalkOnAheadOfMe

• Like 8

18 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

What a bunch of sychophantic comments! They seem to feed on each other, trying to prove that they are the Truest Of Fans. 

lemmings_100128_1320.jpg.3f8cc900d9d0c88e7a8f95f88ce93952.jpg #ThinkForYourself

Edited by artisto
  • Like 14

Bret Hamilton was discussing how one of his tech thingies was waterproof and told Shawn "You could drop it in the ocean or a pond---" when she interrupted with "A pond, now we're being charming and upscale"  Bret mumbled something like "Okay" and tried to continue the presentation but Skunk couldn't get off the subject:  "Who wouldn't want to live by a pond?"   

• Like 20

18 hours ago, Puddy said:

She does have a wonderful ability to expose other people's personal medical information while keeping things that are important to her 100% private.

She is a genuine bitch.

I have the feeling that her co-workers loathe her as much as we do.  Maybe more; at least we don't have to have actual contact with her.

• Like 20

A big “Thank You” to the Mods for creating this new topic – and the title is perfect!

Checked out Shawn’s Instagram page the other day and she posted a pic of (get this) bacon shaped bandages.  At first I thought it was a joke, but these are for real.  At the end of the post she says “@maryqvc u need these in ur life”, referring to Mary DeAngelis.  However, there’s no shout out to DV needing these in his life, even though he is the numero uno bacon lover.  Not surprisingly, several people commented that David needs these as well.  Of course, OES doesn’t reply.  But Mary did reply, saying “NOT KIDDING – I have bacon bandages. #YouAreAMindReader #IAlsoHaveStarWarsOnes” (although Mary did not mention anything about DV).

IMO, this stupid post, and the fact that OES does not even mention DV, is her lame attempt to throw shade at him.  Well, it not only fell flat, but it reinforced the opinions of many that she is an immature, insincere, self-centered creep who wants to create drama at the expense of her colleagues.  One can only imagine the behind-the-scenes screamfests going on the Q right now.  OES and DV hardly have any interaction on camera, and methinks something happened a while back between the two, and it wasn’t good.  But then again, that wouldn’t be a surprise given her history.

There’s no comment on DV’s FB or IG pages about what OES posted, but it’s no surprise that he would take the high road in this matter.  For all his food-and-color-obsessed Diva antics, DV is a true Southern Gentleman.  But it would be nice if he made just a little dig at her – perhaps posting a container of these…

Toast-Bandages.jpg.4d22ae6b33a516de68f05879d5be7816.jpg

• Like 17