Jump to content
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Recommended Posts

I didn't see most of today's show, but after reading the highlights, OMG, WHY IS SHE KISSING UP TO MIKE PENCE??!!1??. Maybe she's hoping to be member of his cabinet someday, but her constant sucking up to him is disgusting. And it's not just recent. she's been defending him since the day she started appearing on the show.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ABitOFluff said:

I didn't see most of today's show, but after reading the highlights, OMG, WHY IS SHE KISSING UP TO MIKE PENCE??!!1??. Maybe she's hoping to be member of his cabinet someday, but her constant sucking up to him is disgusting. And it's not just recent. she's been defending him since the day she started appearing on the show.

I think Meghan's husband has a lot to do with this. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Responding to a post on the weekly thread:

Quote

Well she seems to be friends with everyone so one would think she is being exposed to different viewpoints.  I wonder if her and Clay Aiken ever talk politics.  He ran as a Democrat for office in North Carolina right?

Yes, he ran in 2014.  I would think they talk politics now and then.  Clay used to be a frequent guest on Meghan's old political radio show (in the days when she hated Trump).  Also, last summer, Clay was doing an interview with a NC political podcast program and he announced that he and Meghan McCain had a project coming up which would give them (the podcast hosts) some competition, so I guess they had a podcast in development.  Presumably, Meghan's hiring by The View put that on the back burner.  I remember reading somewhere that Clay encouraged Meghan to take the job on The View.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

MM may have helped the show get higher ratings, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that a lot of it is hate watching!

I watch to see Joy, Sunny and Whoopi (once in a while) shut her down. 

Her lack of knowledge, insolence, ignorance, stupidity and rudeness are off the charts.

But she brings in viewers. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how long she's been a member of the NRA? I wish someone would ask how old she was when she joined. When she proclaims to be a member every time the gun discussions come up, the look of pride on her face and the abhorrent behavior that follows is just another thing that makes her insufferable. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fishsanwitt said:

MM may have helped the show get higher ratings, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that a lot of it is hate watching!

I watch to see Joy, Sunny and Whoopi (once in a while) shut her down. 

Her lack of knowledge, insolence, ignorance, stupidity and rudeness are off the charts.

But she brings in viewers. 

 I had stopped watching when Joy left with Elisabeth.   I only came back when Meghan joined the show.   Simply because I read here how obnoxious she was.   She turned out to be so much worse than her reputation. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Responding to a post on the weekly thread:

Yes, he ran in 2014.  I would think they talk politics now and then.  Clay used to be a frequent guest on Meghan's old political radio show (in the days when she hated Trump).  Also, last summer, Clay was doing an interview with a NC political podcast program and he announced that he and Meghan McCain had a project coming up which would give them (the podcast hosts) some competition, so I guess they had a podcast in development.  Presumably, Meghan's hiring by The View put that on the back burner.  I remember reading somewhere that Clay encouraged Meghan to take the job on The View.  

Since he's Meg's bestie, I will share my little brush with greatness with Clay. When he decided to run for Congress, I was living in Raleigh, NC. After a business trip to Chicago, I was able to upgrade to first class on United, and who was sitting across the aisle from me (window seat)? Clay! He was very low key and just got a Coke and took a nap. Unfortunately the flight attendant was smitten with him and rude to me, but Clay seemed cool and humble.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Since he's Meg's bestie, I will share my little brush with greatness with Clay. When he decided to run for Congress, I was living in Raleigh, NC. After a business trip to Chicago, I was able to upgrade to first class on United, and who was sitting across the aisle from me (window seat)? Clay! He was very low key and just got a Coke and took a nap. Unfortunately the flight attendant was smitten with him and rude to me, but Clay seemed cool and humble.

Great story...thanks for sharing!  (He did have a boyfriend who lived in Chicago at that time.)

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

Since he's Meg's bestie, I will share my little brush with greatness with Clay. When he decided to run for Congress, I was living in Raleigh, NC. After a business trip to Chicago, I was able to upgrade to first class on United, and who was sitting across the aisle from me (window seat)? Clay! He was very low key and just got a Coke and took a nap. Unfortunately the flight attendant was smitten with him and rude to me, but Clay seemed cool and humble.

He has always come across as a genuinely nice guy.   What he sees in Meghan I have no idea. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

“I also feel like I am always trying to bridge the divide between red and blue, conservative and liberal, Democrat and Republican.”

Quote from an op-ed piece titled “Why I Love Guns,” written by Meghan McCain in 2009.

She says losing her right to bear arms is one of her biggest concerns.   What a privileged life she leads.  No concern about putting food on the table or paying her bills.  Just so damn afraid someone will take her take her guns away. STFU Meghan. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She says losing her right to bear arms is one of her biggest concerns.   What a privileged life she leads.  No concern about putting food on the table or paying her bills.  Just so damn afraid someone will take her take her guns away. STFU Meghan. 

It’s a funny article given today’s hot topic about guns. She even uses the “gun culture” phrase in the article.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

“I also feel like I am always trying to bridge the divide between red and blue, conservative and liberal, Democrat and Republican.”

Quote from an op-ed piece titled “Why I Love Guns,” written by Meghan McCain in 2009.

Oh. Wow.  She certainly has not evolved one bit in 9 years.  I am guessing she was writing this article because she was considered a RINO?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

It’s a funny article given today’s hot topic about guns. She even uses the “gun culture” phrase in the article.

She's been well trained.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

It’s also confusing because after her dad lost, she really rose to notoriety by being criticized by conservative talking heads like Ann Coulter, Laura Ingram, Rush Limbaugh (I think), and more —for her weight, her voice, her opinions, and really genuinely mean stuff.  Her whole schtick was that these conservatives weren’t listening to young conservatives like her and they should because she has a young conservative following.  And it was the shows that she would now label as “liberal” that would have her on, discuss “fringe-y” conservatives, and she would appear like this rational liberal voice.  She was on The View numerous times, she was on Rachel Maddow a lot, she did Colbert, and all the non-political daytime talk shows like Wendy. It seems like when she started at Fox, she adopted the practice of using “liberal” as a bad word and acting like she some oppressed minority.  It appears like conservative viewers don’t really like her because oh her “Dirty Sexy Politics” era, and now liberal-leaning viewers don’t like her because of her immature behavior on the view.  I don’t know who she thinks her audience is.  She’s also very lucky she has people like Van Jones, Colbert, and Whoopi remember the Meghan McCain from 10 years ago, so they still act like she’s so rational, but viewers are clearly not stupid enough to believe that she is this rational free thinker.  Has she always just wanted to be some super conservative voice and she used the—dun dun dun—liberal media to finally obtain her platform?  Or did Fox News train her to see herself as this poor misunderstood Christian? 10 years ago, were these non Fox News shows too focused on helping her past the Fox News bullying that no one really got a chance to hear her opinions?  Does she just try to get attention with pissing off one group?  Or is she just clueless and I am overthinking her whole career?  

Anyway, I don’t get her, and she could have been just as “I’m a conservative and proud! Ra Ra!” 10 years ago, but I just didn’t pay attention.  Maybe she is just a troll.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

Anyway, I don’t get her, and she could have been just as “I’m a conservative and proud! Ra Ra!” 10 years ago, but I just didn’t pay attention.  Maybe she is just a troll.  

I think MM changed who she thought she was to conform for her job at Fox News, her now husband and his family. She mentions that her mother in law is watching often and details about her such as being an evangelical. MM seems like the type of person who craves attention and is insecure especially after that bit about licking her husband's ear to "stake her claim" in front of another woman she felt threatened by.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, backformore said:

What helps me understand Meghan's bitter attitude is this: she says she knows what it takes to be president because she knows people who ran. She thinks of herself as someone who grew up "in politics", says she's been in politics her entire life. She wants everyone to know her politics, and she thinks of herself as being unafraid, not backing down to the liberal bullies.

Her bitter, entitled attitude comes from thinking she was going to live in the White House. That's what she wanted, and Obama took that away from her.  Maybe her fantasy included being the "first daughter" and one day riding his coattails, moving into the presidency herself. Instead she got a lousy talk show gig. 

Jealous, vindictive, bitter, resentful. She says she disagrees  with Democrats  on most issues, but it's  deeper than  that. She will never forgive the Democrats for taking away her rightful place.

I never thought of that angle & now that you say it, it's totally plausible!!!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan grew up rich and the daughter of a senator.   Could she be more entitled?  I'm sure she was used to getting everything she wanted.  So yeah her not getting to be First Daughter probably irks her to no end.

 

And since she failed at being a non traditional conservative she decided to play to the base which I think is failing as well.  And now that she has married into that family she is going full throttle to the far right.  

 

In other words she is a hot mess.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Her bitter, entitled attitude comes from thinking she was going to live in the White House. That's what she wanted, and Obama took that away from her.  Maybe her fantasy included being the "first daughter" and one day riding his coattails, moving into the presidency herself. Instead she got a lousy talk show gig. 

Jealous, vindictive, bitter, resentful. She says she disagrees  with Democrats  on most issues, but it's  deeper than  that. She will never forgive the Democrats for taking away her rightful place.

I think you have something there!  

But, I can't even talk about her any more - just get rid of the woman, View.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, backformore said:

She will never forgive the Democrats for taking away her rightful place.

Therein lies the crux of the issue. It wasn’t her rightful place, but what she thought was her rightful place. Probably because her Dad was smeared in 2000. Yet I haven’t seen her trash talk the ones responsible for that. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Therein lies the crux of the issue. It wasn’t her rightful place, but what she thought was her rightful place. Probably because her Dad was smeared in 2000. Yet I haven’t seen her trash talk the ones responsible for that. 

It was her people that trashed her dad by playing to the darkest forces in her party. I will not say anymore, in order to, not get in trouble.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Therein lies the crux of the issue. It wasn’t her rightful place, but what she thought was her rightful place. Probably because her Dad was smeared in 2000. Yet I haven’t seen her trash talk the ones responsible for that. 

She cherry picks who she holds grudges against. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I remember reading in one of Meghan's Daily Beast articles how her being involved in republican politics gives her a  connection to her dad like her brothers military service gives them a connection. I think Meghan is conflicted she wants to speak out like her dad on certain issues and continue the legacy however at the same time she is trying to constantly prove herself to conservatives how "conservative she is". I would love to know her thoughts on a proposal similar to Manchin-Toomey since her dad did vote in favor it and one of the few moments McCain lived up to his "Maverick" reputation during the Obama years.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Who was criticizing her online above?  Aside from us, that is. ;)

There's a link to the tweet she was responding to at the end of her tweeted response. I wasn't sure if it was ok to include the original tweet due to content not that it was rude. It was mostly saying what most of us have said about her here. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that you are being very generous, 2 years tops.. If they have a kid, maybe 3 years..

Not generous, no.  She just seems stubborn and like someone who would hang on about four years past the expiration date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, choclatechip45 said:

I remember reading in one of Meghan's Daily Beast articles how her being involved in republican politics gives her a  connection to her dad like her brothers military service gives them a connection. I think Meghan is conflicted she wants to speak out like her dad on certain issues and continue the legacy however at the same time she is trying to constantly prove herself to conservatives how "conservative she is". I would love to know her thoughts on a proposal similar to Manchin-Toomey since her dad did vote in favor it and one of the few moments McCain lived up to his "Maverick" reputation during the Obama years.

I wonder why Meghan didn't join the military. She, too, could've connected with her father in that way. 

Edited by AnnieBeez · Reason: fixed some goofiness
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think Meghan will stay on The View because she can show off her conservative credentials. I remember when she was on Fox she was always the most moderate one on her show.

That is a good point.  She is trying to earn her stripes as a true "conservative". And taking down Joy would go a long way towards that.   But of course she is like Wile. E Coyote going up against the road runner.   Drats foiled again. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

It’s as if Fox indoctrinated her. She said some pretty nasty things over there as well and as someone else noted, she was the more moderate one on the panel (I know, hard to imagaine). I think a number of things as to why she’s being particularly nasty on The View are at play here - some will claim it’s because she’s “outnumbered,” or because she’s dealing with a dying parent. Well, I say no - she’s just a privileged, disrespectful, immature woman who has something to prove but is going about it the wrong way. I was really rooting for her in the beginning but that ship has long since sailed.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

This thread is being locked because even after several mod notes explaining the difference between Meghan McCain, a host on The View and John McCain, a senator, there continue to be posts made about John McCain.

Share this post


Link to post

@17wheatthins and I would like to help you out as there seems to be a lot of confusion.

This is John McCain. His resume' includes: veteran, 2008 Presidential candidate, current Senator from Arizona.  His resume' does not include being a host on The View.  As such, he does not have a thread in this forum.

104161745-GettyImages-512018674.600x400.

 

This is Meghan McCain.  Her resume includes fewer things that John McCain's but one of the items is being a co-host on The View. That means she has a thread and can be considered on topic.

FLFws328.jpeg

 

John McCain is not the topic here. Referring to him as "Meghan's dad" instead of "John McCain" does not make him on topic.  Unless it is in reference to how he is discussed on the show (i.e. Meghan or one of the other hosts or guests mentions him directly), he is not to be discussed in this or any other thread. That includes: campaign contributions, votes in the Senate, the 2008 election, and many other topics.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

That's a gorgeous photo of Meghan.

She does look very nice in that photo.  The one with the grey hair, not so much.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Man, I hope she gets draaaaaged for this on Twitter/social media. They'll shut her arrogant ass down. Since this show is too afraid to do it.

From Week of 02/26/2018 Episode Thread:

Quote
Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/26/2018 at 8:24 AM, Haleth said:

That's a gorgeous photo of Meghan.

Seems like her makeup is toned down.  She is very pretty in that picture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Seems like her makeup is toned down.  She is very pretty in that picture.

And alot younger with alot less pounds. Her face is looking heavier in the jowl area.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

And alot younger with alot less pounds. Her face is looking heavier in the jowl area.  

Or it was photoshopped. 

 

It seems McCain is on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen (on Bravo), tonight. That's where she belongs -- on one of those loathsome Real Housewives shows. Is there still a DC one? Is there a Phoenix one? 

Edited by General Days

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan is on Watch What Happens Live in 5 minutes EST.  WTH?

Ha-ha.....not only is Meghan on, but her husband is the "guest bartender"....Andy Cohen must be cringing behind his question cards!  Wish I had the nerve to call in!  :-)

Oh - and Meghan described her job (and her husband's) as "political analyst".  Since when?  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Giant Misfit

Please read the Pinned Mod Notes at the top of this forum before posting in this thread.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×