Jump to content
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, UYI said:

So this woman posted this just a few days ago, and she has some thoughts about Meghan--20 minutes worth of thoughts, to be exact. She is a View fan, so this is specifically for all of you guys.

Enjoy!

(Unfortunately, I couldn't embed it, which is why there is no thumbnail here.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJ-J2nK6eY

This was a interesting video.

Something I learned from it that I didn't know, was that Meghan got fired from her dad's political campaign for:

1. her blog being too controversial, and 

 2. always taking friends on a tour of her father's campaign bus (and being a pain in the ass to his staff, it sounded like.)

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

This was a interesting video.

Something I learned from it that I didn't know, was that Meghan got fired from her dad's political campaign for:

1. her blog being too controversial, and 

 2. always taking friends on a tour of her father's campaign bus (and being a pain in the ass to his staff, it sounded like.)

I can't help but side-eye that woman in the video, though. Meghan is her favorite? Yikes! I also don't recall Meghan "owning" how she got the job at The View. I have heard her say she took it because her father told her she should and something something Whoopi John McCain. Even today, she claimed no one helped her and she made her career all on her own from desert sand, cactus juice and bourbon. (sarcasm)

Edited by GiveMeSpace · Reason: not dessert sand like meghan eats
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I can't help but side-eye that woman in the video, though. Meghan is her favorite? Yikes! I also don't recall Meghan "owning" how she got the job at The View. I have heard her say she took it because her father told her she should and something something Whoopi John McCain. Even today, she claimed no one helped her and she made her career all on her own from dessert sand, cactus juice and bourbon. (sarcasm)

IKR? I was thinking with "friends" like that, who needs enemies? 😂

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

UYI:.....I just saw this video you posted, thank you....and I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS WOMAN....tell it sister! thank you. God I hate that RBM bitch. Bye Now.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

8E870342-280A-4C43-AB11-7BB40B73710B.jpeg

Am I mistaken in thinking she should have written "Abby and me?"

(Grammar is so confusing sometimes)

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Am I mistaken in thinking she should have written "Abby and me?"

(Grammar is so confusing sometimes)

You are correct.  Take out one of the people and say it -"Lotsa people try to pit I against ..."   Nope! She often makes mistakes like this. Was she just a bad student or did she go to a really bad private school?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

You are correct.  Take out one of the people and say it -"Lotsa people try to pit I against ..."   Nope! She often makes mistakes like this. Was she just a bad student or did she go to a really bad private school?

What school was going to flunk "John McCain's daughter™?"

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, UYI said:

So this woman posted this just a few days ago, and she has some thoughts about Meghan--20 minutes worth of thoughts, to be exact. She is a View fan, so this is specifically for all of you guys.

Enjoy!

(Unfortunately, I couldn't embed it, which is why there is no thumbnail here.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJ-J2nK6eY

Loved one of the commenter’s nicknames for Meghan:  Me-Again. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, God.  I just noticed in the show's opening that in Meghan's bit, she has that big yap of her's gaped wide open just like she does when she poses for pics.  It looks so ridiculous. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:21 PM, ginger90 said:

8E870342-280A-4C43-AB11-7BB40B73710B.jpeg

this makes sense only if you understand that she meant to insert "republican" in front of sisters and mentors. 

Also - it's "LOTS OF'  not lotsa,  and "Abby and Me" (as people upthread posted) 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

I can't help but side-eye that woman in the video, though. Meghan is her favorite? Yikes! 

FWIW, she made a video explaining what she meant by that. It's...not exactly a ringing endorsement once you know the context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJko7pTo-Us

ETA: This is from three months ago, whereas the first video I posted about the increase in Meghan calling herself a "political analyst"/her appearances on other shows is from about a week or so ago, so it seems a lot of her feelings on Meghan have gotten more negative. 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Valentines Day ain't their thing. 

Smoking cigars in her wedding dress it. Go to pic 2. UGH!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Valentines Day ain't their thing. 

Smoking cigars in her wedding dress it. Go to pic 2. UGH!

He looks like Richard Karn.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/13/2019 at 9:12 PM, ChiCricket said:

Am I mistaken in thinking she should have written "Abby and me?"

@ChiCricket, you are my long-lost twin. That was exactly my first thought. Meghan is horrifying at grammar.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Valentines Day ain't their thing. 

Smoking cigars in her wedding dress it. Go to pic 2. UGH!

I like this photo. Meghan is so much more attractive without the makeup she wears on the show. And her cowboy husband isn't too bad here either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I like this photo. Meghan is so much more attractive without the makeup she wears on the show. And her cowboy husband isn't too bad here either.

I do agree she looks pretty in that picture.  The outlaw love thing is really stupid.  Are they pretending to be Bonnie and Clyde or the subject of some bad country song?  They are two wealthy media peeps.  They need to stop pretending to be anything but

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I checked out her twitter account a while back and amongst all of her ridiculous #Blonde Republican, #Rabble Rouser, #Ice Queen nonsense, I did see a #Bonnie and Clyde once, too.  Oh Meghan, you are so cool!!!  This chick is deranged.  Or delusional.  Or deranged and delusional. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

4463A9A3-94C0-4E4B-A34B-62E7313E137F.jpeg

meghanmccain

There are many perks to this job - but having hair genius @derickmonroe get me ready every morning is a big one. Obsessed with my braided updo this morning! (And @sunny’s pony) - also as usual @jojoblush & @broomlynette with the incredible makeup. ♥️♥️♥️ I love getting to play and take risks with my hair, clothes, makeup and different looks every day!

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I do agree she looks pretty in that picture.  The outlaw love thing is really stupid.  Are they pretending to be Bonnie and Clyde or the subject of some bad country song?  They are two wealthy media peeps.  They need to stop pretending to be anything but

I never understood why people romanticize Bonnie and Clyde. They were two average looking, not even successful bank robbers/murderers who met an extremely violent end. There’s nothing romantic about their story at all. They also both grew up very poor, something these two know nothing about.

I agree that Meghan looks pretty in both of those pictures, and her husband honestly  isn’t a bad looking guy...too bad they’re both such douchebags.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

B7BF9B87-1867-4AA3-BBA6-D7EFC994FB27.jpeg

meghanmccain

176 days. I love you so much Dad @senjohnmccain - I think about you all day every day, still. The feelings and intensity of your absence remain raw, palpable, sharp and painful... you were the sun in center of my universe and I am still navigating life in the darkness. Yesterday Jimmy said I sounded so much like you on the phone when we said goodbye, he called me back immediately after we hung up to tell me how eerie it was. Josh tells me I pace around like a cheetah in a cage exactly like you used to do when I’m nervous. Mom says we use identical hand gestures and I clutch my knuckles and wedding band in the exact same way you did when I’m sitting at the table at work thinking of what I’m going to say. I eat tuna almost every day like you did (we always had the same taste in food), drink the same vodka you did - straight on the rocks with baby onions, hold a microphone the same way, say “my friends” too much in conversation like you did. We have the same dark sense of humor and straight shooter/no bullshit/head strong approach to life that has always sometimes hit people the wrong way. We have the same temper and intensity, the same lust for life. All of it gives me comfort, because you gave me so much of you and so much of it is still so alive in me - I feel it, I see it when I look in the mirror and recognize our same nose and jawline. I find if I ask myself what would you tell me or say, I can almost always hear your answer in my head. Despite all of it, it doesn’t however make me miss you less or feel less of a gaping wound without you here. Six months without you next week.... But I continue to grieve, so eventually I will be able to feel something else.... As you always jokingly told me Chairman Mao used to say - “It is always darkest before it’s totally black.” Poem by @nayyirah.waheed

  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, deirdra said:

Was she just a bad student or did she go to a really bad private school?

I'd choose #1.   Her Catholic high school school has always had a great reputation for education and strictness.  I think the reasons she was allowed to remain and graduate were financial and political.  I attended the "other" Catholic school in town (at the time there were only two--decades before Meghan), and hers was more prestigious...definitely.  Upper class neighborhood.  Much higher tuition.  Parking lot.

P.S.  Her Catholic high school was prestigious.  Her "primary" school continued through 12th grade; I don't know the reason she didn't continue.  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'd choose #1.   Her Catholic high school school has always had a great reputation for education and strictness.  I think the reasons she was allowed to remain and graduate were financial and political.  I attended the "other" Catholic school in town (at the time there were only two--decades before Meghan), and hers was more prestigious...definitely.  Upper class neighborhood.  Much higher tuition.  Parking lot.

P.S.  Her Catholic high school was prestigious.  Her "primary" school continued through 12th grade; I don't know the reason she didn't continue.  

Is she even Catholic?  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Is she even Catholic? 

No.  I went on and on and "deleted" after thinking about it.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B7BF9B87-1867-4AA3-BBA6-D7EFC994FB27.jpeg

meghanmccain

176 days. I love you so much Dad @senjohnmccain - I think about you all day every day, still. The feelings and intensity of your absence remain raw, palpable, sharp and painful... you were the sun in center of my universe and I am still navigating life in the darkness. Yesterday Jimmy said I sounded so much like you on the phone when we said goodbye, he called me back immediately after we hung up to tell me how eerie it was. Josh tells me I pace around like a cheetah in a cage exactly like you used to do when I’m nervous. Mom says we use identical hand gestures and I clutch my knuckles and wedding band in the exact same way you did when I’m sitting at the table at work thinking of what I’m going to say. I eat tuna almost every day like you did (we always had the same taste in food), drink the same vodka you did - straight on the rocks with baby onions, hold a microphone the same way, say “my friends” too much in conversation like you did. We have the same dark sense of humor and straight shooter/no bullshit/head strong approach to life that has always sometimes hit people the wrong way. We have the same temper and intensity, the same lust for life. All of it gives me comfort, because you gave me so much of you and so much of it is still so alive in me - I feel it, I see it when I look in the mirror and recognize our same nose and jawline. I find if I ask myself what would you tell me or say, I can almost always hear your answer in my head. Despite all of it, it doesn’t however make me miss you less or feel less of a gaping wound without you here. Six months without you next week.... But I continue to grieve, so eventually I will be able to feel something else.... As you always jokingly told me Chairman Mao used to say - “It is always darkest before it’s totally black.” Poem by @nayyirah.waheed

Does anybody actually read ALL of that?!  She needs help.  A LOT of help.

  • Like 17
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Chairman Mao used to say - “It is always darkest before it’s totally black.”

So...ummm...an inspirational quote from Chairman fucking Mao?!  

Yeah, what a swell fellow he was. 

She's so ridiculously stupid she probably has no idea who he is.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

So...ummm...an inspirational quote from Chairman fucking Mao?!  

Yeah, what a swell fellow he was. 

She's so ridiculously stupid she probably has no idea who he is.

My intel said this is who she thinks he is:

AAA91A11-47AF-492C-A5DE-D755A7B51C14.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

So...ummm...an inspirational quote from Chairman fucking Mao?!  

Yeah, what a swell fellow he was. 

She's so ridiculously stupid she probably has no idea who he is.

So she hates socialism but quotes a communist?  She is an idiot. 

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I was watching The Real World: San Francisco and one of Meghan's legions of friends was in it. Rachel Campos-Duffy who is now at Fox. The one seated next to Meghan on the right. They're both Arizona girls, both very similar in terms of temper.

CxPzzzxXgAA0bhL.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B7BF9B87-1867-4AA3-BBA6-D7EFC994FB27.jpeg

meghanmccain

176 days. I love you so much Dad @senjohnmccain - I think about you all day every day, still. The feelings and intensity of your absence remain raw, palpable, sharp and painful... you were the sun in center of my universe and I am still navigating life in the darkness. Yesterday Jimmy said I sounded so much like you on the phone when we said goodbye, he called me back immediately after we hung up to tell me how eerie it was. Josh tells me I pace around like a cheetah in a cage exactly like you used to do when I’m nervous. Mom says we use identical hand gestures and I clutch my knuckles and wedding band in the exact same way you did when I’m sitting at the table at work thinking of what I’m going to say. I eat tuna almost every day like you did (we always had the same taste in food), drink the same vodka you did - straight on the rocks with baby onions, hold a microphone the same way, say “my friends” too much in conversation like you did. We have the same dark sense of humor and straight shooter/no bullshit/head strong approach to life that has always sometimes hit people the wrong way. We have the same temper and intensity, the same lust for life. All of it gives me comfort, because you gave me so much of you and so much of it is still so alive in me - I feel it, I see it when I look in the mirror and recognize our same nose and jawline. I find if I ask myself what would you tell me or say, I can almost always hear your answer in my head. Despite all of it, it doesn’t however make me miss you less or feel less of a gaping wound without you here. Six months without you next week.... But I continue to grieve, so eventually I will be able to feel something else.... As you always jokingly told me Chairman Mao used to say - “It is always darkest before it’s totally black.” Poem by @nayyirah.waheed

Why does she tell her father what Jimmy, Josh, and Mom say to her?  If he can read her Instagram, his spirit is around the family and probably heard them say those things himself.  He's around to see you eating tuna and drinking vodka.  You don't have to tell him about it. 

I don't doubt she's still grieving, but I think she does these posts in order to receive a lot of attention and sympathetic responses.   

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm tired of Meghan's pity party. We all lose loved parents, friends and family all the time - whether they are a Vet or not.

My parents and grandparents were elderly - as Meghan's Dad was. Sorry to be so harsh but......it happens about then.

What is worse is losing children or those young. We need to celebrate their accomplishments - large or small - not our grief.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

but I think she does these posts in order to receive a lot of attention and sympathetic responses.   

And to build her brand. (Which, all things considered, her brand is nothing more than "poor little rich girl.") 

She'd serve herself well by buying one of these and sandwiching it between her mattress and box spring:

horse-diary-journal-lock-key-girl_1_a9b76b7496b2bda206fad7c0d1d5d8d9.jpg.b4ff05d115f599c71b8964a620b0ff9f.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

I'm tired of Meghan's pity party. We all lose loved parents, friends and family all the time - whether they are a Vet or not.

My parents and grandparents were elderly - as Meghan's Dad was. Sorry to be so harsh but......it happens about then.

What is worse is losing children or those young. We need to celebrate their accomplishments - large or small - not our grief.

Absolutely!.   Most of us have gone through deaths of relatives, and either have already or will experience the death of our parents.   My mom died a few years ago.  Nobody in the family would have ever counted the days she's been gone and posted on facebook  TO her.  If any of my siblings had done so, I would have expressed concern about their mental well-being.  (and made fun behind their back to the other siblings) 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, TheView said:

They're both Arizona girls, both very similar in terms of temper.

...and they share that desperate need for the spotlight.  Rachel has eight kids, is the wife of a U.S. congressman (since 2011) and STILL needs to be on television.  Remember when she started on "Real World," and met her husband on another "Real World" iteration?  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:
Quote

Chairman Mao used to say - “It is always darkest before it’s totally black.”

So...ummm...an inspirational quote from Chairman fucking Mao?!  

Meghan was quoting her father who MISQUOTED (often) Chairman Mao (1893-1976)...and the Chinese were never happy about it.  Mao's quotation was taken from an English theologian and historian, Thomas Fuller (1608-1661), who appears to be the first person to put into print that "the darkest hour just before the dawn."  (Or was that The Mamas & the Papas?)

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2019 at 11:53 AM, OnTime said:

Valentines Day ain't their thing. 

Smoking cigars in her wedding dress it. Go to pic 2. UGH!

WoW!  This couple is so perfect...each is just too cool for school.  A woman smoking a cigar, well, ah nevah!   And in her wedding dress?? Scandalous!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Surprise- Dad was a topic discussed

Quote

Thank you to @MeghanMcCain for joining @jmeacham and me this evening to share her analysis on the state of American politics, her views on current civil discourse and a look back at poignant memories of her father, Sen. John McCain.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan REALLY needs to watch video of herself on the show.  Here's what she will find -  She RARELY makes eye contact when asking someone a question.  Usually her eyes are down, looking at her blue card.  She reads statistics, reads quotes, reads questions.  It comes across as impersonal, because she cares more about saying what she wants to say then she does about what the person whom she is interviewing has to say.  Imagine going to a job interview, and having the interviewer look at a card while asking you questions.  It's rude. 

The other hosts will look at a card to make sure they get something right, but much of meghan's  screen time is taken up with shots of her heavily made-up eyelids and fake lashes.  she's a bad fit for a TV show. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

BB131A52-47CA-41D8-8D0D-9984ED8B51EC.jpeg

Legendary?  I had never heard of her before she was a guest on the View.  And even after she appeared on the View I still don't know or care who the fuck she is.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

48F75FDD-22DD-4A35-B046-DBEFE9ABF955.jpeg

meghanmccain

@derickmonroe killing it again with my hair today! Thank you to @theprettymess@misschloeflower & I dream of Jeannie for the hairspiration! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 also thank you @jojoblush & @broomlynette for the wonderful makeup as usual! And thank you @hiddencrownhair for the hair!

B2EACCDD-CF74-4DA3-8733-2546FF4AE42A.jpeg

  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding this exchange: 

Quote

Meghan argued, "13 million Syrians have been displaced, so when you say regime change is hurtful for the country, but gassing children isn't more hurtful, it's hard for me to understand where you come from a humanitarian standpoint if you were to become president." Gabbard shot back, "you're putting words in my mouth that I've never said."

This is the retort I want people on The VIew to use any time Meghan tries to do that "straw man argument".  SHe takes something someone actually said, extrapolates it to mean something else, then accuses the person of saying what she made up.  

I'm not sure about Gabbard yet, but the "putting words in my mouth that I never said"  needs to be a standard response to Meghan by both guests and co-hosts every time she does this. 

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm not sure about Gabbard yet, but the "putting words in my mouth that I never said"  needs to be a standard response to Meghan by both guests and co-hosts every time she does this. 

A guy on the show ~1 week ago said essentially the same thing to MM last week and so has Ana; but MM needs to hear it and "I'm still talking" from cohosts and guests every single day!

I guffawed when MM gave Tulsi the laser squint-eye for simply stating the truth. Tulsi probably watched a couple of episodes to see what to expect from the self-proclaimed fillet knifer and had several calm responses ready. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Giant Misfit

Please read the Pinned Mod Notes at the top of this forum before posting in this thread.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×