SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

Does anyone here have (from HSN) Curtis Stone's Dura Pan Multipurpose pan?  I have it in my cart but thought I'd ask you all for your honest reviews before actually ordering it.  I really like pans like that and a similar one that I have has lost it's non-stick coating.  Full disclosure:  I have a slight crush on Curtis.  I watch his shows just for him

• Like 6

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I laughed out loud, as I have this same issue.  Even in January, I dress like I'm in the Caribbean when going to Mom's.

Same thing when my parents were elderly.  Dad especially was always cold.  (He withered away to almost nothing by the time he died.). Felt like 114 degrees in their apartment!  I would dress in layers and bring sandals along to change into if I was going to be there for a length of time.

Wonder if that will happen to all of us -- aging process?

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Does anyone here have (from HSN) Curtis Stone's Dura Pan Multipurpose pan?  I have it in my cart but thought I'd ask you all for your honest reviews before actually ordering it.  I really like pans like that and a similar one that I have has lost it's non-stick coating.  Full disclosure:  I have a slight crush on Curtis.  I watch his shows just for him

Possible MERGE!

I have it and like it, but haven't used it enough to know if the non-stick peels away.  Watching him this weekend reminded me to use it more often.  He show a lot of good examples for using it.  And yes, he is cute!  Think he knows he can charm the ladies.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I have it and like it, but haven't used it enough to know if the non-stick peels away.  Watching him this weekend reminded me to use it more often.  He show a lot of good examples for using it.  And yes, he is cute!  Think he knows he can charm the ladies

Thanks.  And I worded my question about this awkwardly. I didn't mean to imply that the pan I have now is Curtis Stone; it's not - it's Cook's Essentials from the Q.  I've had it for ages; never babied it with utensils; I put it in the dishwasher, etc. so it's no surprise that the finish is now gone.  But I love the size:  big and round with the little handles on each side and the CS pan looks like a pretty good replacement.  ----  And yes, Curtis is a charmer ??

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

Wonder if that will happen to all of us -- aging process?

I'm counting on it and looking forward to it.  I haven't been cold since 2007, and I'm well past tired of being hot and trying to minimize the appearance and side effects of flop sweat.  Oh Ver It.

• Like 7

I have a question about non-stick pans.  If they are ceramic, is that coated with non-stick, or would it have to be?  I thought ceramic is basically a baking dish.  If they can go into the oven, why can't a pan for stovetop do the same?  In other words, to me non-stick ceramic seems redundant.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Rustybones said:

I have a question about non-stick pans.  If they are ceramic, is that coated with non-stick, or would it have to be?  I thought ceramic is basically a baking dish.  If they can go into the oven, why can't a pan for stovetop do the same?  In other words, to me non-stick ceramic seems redundant.

Here's what I know about non-stick.  Ceramic coatings are pretty recent, in response to teflon being considered harmful to you and the environment, particularly when the teflon coating is breached and starts peeling.  Ceramic nonstick means that a ceramic coating has been put on the pan instead of teflon.  Ceramic is non-stick and healthier for us and the environment.  As far as I know, these are the only type of non-stick there is - ceramic coated or teflon coated.

Some people say ceramic doesn't last as long as Teflon.  I haven't found that to be the case, but I don't cook with a lot of fat or oils in the pan.  As far as I'm aware, both coatings can be placed in the oven, as long as the pan it is coating can be placed in the oven.

Hope this makes sense!

• Like 6

I have one ceramic coated pan, a square griddle.  I use it mostly for frying eggs.  The eggs tend to stick if I don't use butter, and it's really slippery when I do, and I find I have to sort of chase them around with the spatula to flip them, lol.  No happy medium.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Here's what I know about non-stick.  Ceramic coatings are pretty recent, in response to teflon being considered harmful to you and the environment, particularly when the teflon coating is breached and starts peeling.  Ceramic nonstick means that a ceramic coating has been put on the pan instead of teflon.  Ceramic is non-stick and healthier for us and the environment.  As far as I know, these are the only type of non-stick there is - ceramic coated or teflon coated.

Some people say ceramic doesn't last as long as Teflon.  I haven't found that to be the case, but I don't cook with a lot of fat or oils in the pan.  As far as I'm aware, both coatings can be placed in the oven, as long as the pan it is coating can be placed in the oven.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks for the explanation!

• Like 7

I did order that bench!  Haven't received it yet.

My Earth Origins TSV bootie arrived.  I like them!  I got them in brown.  Not sure they are something I would want to wear all day on a walking tour, but they feel like they'd be good for a night out.  Something different for me -- I'm usually in a flat comfort shoe.

https://www.qvc.com/Earth-Origins-Suede-Booties-w-Perforated-Ruching---Amanda.product.A309474.html?upsh=1&sc=A309474-CSWB&TZ=CST

• Like 8

Out of curiosity I ordered a 4 sampler set of Wen fragrances.  Honey Peach, White Citrus, Light and Tuscan Pear.  I was so disappointed in all of them.  Even worse than or just as bad as the NEST fragrances IMO especially the Honey Peach!!  It was so heavy and the honey notes made me nauseous.  It really smelled like a cheap heavy drugstore brand sitting on a shelf from the 70s.  The White Citrus is just ok but not clean or refreshing, the Light smells like cheap men's cologne, nothing at all like a Philosophy Pure Grace and the Pear was the most wearable and smells like pear but a little on the warm and heavy side too.  I really feel like Chaz Wen is a smarmy snake oil salesman and he's just cashing out on this crap.  I can't imagine what he or his home smells like with all these hideous fragrances he represents and is constantly spraying on himself and everyone around him! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Out of curiosity I ordered a 4 sampler set of Wen fragrances.  Honey Peach, White Citrus, Light and Tuscan Pear.  I was so disappointed in all of them.  Even worse than or just as bad as the NEST fragrances IMO especially the Honey Peach!!  It was so heavy and the honey notes made me nauseous.  It really smelled like a cheap heavy drugstore brand sitting on a shelf from the 70s.  The White Citrus is just ok but not clean or refreshing, the Light smells like cheap men's cologne, nothing at all like a Philosophy Pure Grace and the Pear was the most wearable and smells like pear but a little on the warm and heavy side too.  I really feel like Chaz Wen is a smarmy snake oil salesman and he's just cashing out on this crap.  I can't imagine what he or his home smells like with all these hideous fragrances he represents and is constantly spraying on himself and everyone around him! 

Uh oh......good minds think alike!  A year or so ago, I purchased the big bottle of the WEN Honey Lilac.  I really liked it, but a little goes a long way.  I'm not usually a one noter when it comes to fragrance, but I love the smell of lilac.  I guess you could say this is becoming a very expensive linen spray at this point, though!

I tried again.....I ordered the travel spray of the Orange Blossom.  It came in yesterday, I gave it a spray and it, too, is very sweet.  Thankfully, it's a small size, so it won't become a linen spray!  I think I'll wear it, but I have a hard time believing that Chaz wear this stuff.  He'd smell very, very girly.

I also tried the nest fragrances......last Christmas.  The only one I liked was the Citrine, and that was just barely.  They are very unwearable to me! 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 6

I like a number of the Nest fragrances; on me, they smell good as verified by the kidlets ?. Indigo is my favorite, followed by Midnight Fleur. My least favorite are Citrine and Dahlia & Vines. Those are just sitting around unused on my dresser.

• Like 6

I wanted to like both Wen and Nest fragrances or just fall in love with one of them and make it one of my signature scents.  I will continue the quest and stick with Pure Grace as a base layer.  I actually found a Fall/Winter fragrance last year that works well with my body chemistry but I don't wear it regularly.  Viktor Rolf's Flowerbomb.  He also has a new spin on this scent called Tulip which is nice too.  Soft lasting Spring/Summer fragrances are hard to find though. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DownTheShore said:

I like a number of the Nest fragrances; on me, they smell good as verified by the kidlets ?. Indigo is my favorite, followed by Midnight Fleur. My least favorite are Citrine and Dahlia & Vines. Those are just sitting around unused on my dresser.

I'm going to check on Indigo again and give it a go.  The ones in the set I got were Dahlia & Vines (yuk), Black Tulip (yuk), Citrine (o.k.), Indigo (don't remember) and Midnight Fleur (not good on me). 

• Like 5

I find it interesting that Dahlia & Vines is host Aim's signature fragrance and Skunky wears Midnight Fleur.  Can you imagine what that smells like after not showering for days.  Midnight Fleur does not work for me either.

• Like 7

I am still giving a thumbs-up on that air fryer that I got from the Q. This week ?Builder Nephew? and I made bacon-wrapped homemade meatballs and they came out most excellently. ?

It's very easy to access the food and to clean the fan area (if needed) since the whole lid lifts up.

k378250.001?$aemprodgallery$

https://www.qvc.com/Elite-35-quart-Platinum-Dual-Layer-Digital-AirFryer.product.K378250.html

• Like 7

I also like these AnyBody Loungewear Cozy Knit Cargo Jogger Pants. I think that I picked them up as a Big Deal or a TSV perhaps? Or maybe I just saw a presentation. I got the black, wine, and clover and like all of the colors. The pants come in Petite, Regular, and Tall. I got the Tall because the inseam on that is 29" (not very "tall" I realize) which works as a full length pant for me. I cold water washed them and hung them up to dry, as I do with all of my pants and tops.

They are light yet warm enough for the changing weather. I find them very comfortable to wear. They are loose enough to disguise but are not harem pants. No Hammertime. The only caveat I have for others is to check the waist size. These seem to be a bit wider than some other brands - which isn't a problem for me. Apparently the previous incarnation of these pants had a drawstring which was deleted in this version.

The cargo pockets have a snap on them and aren't bulky, IMO. There are also side pockets.

a310169.001?$aemprodgallery$

Looks like there are some "as is" discounted ones available right now. The link I posted above gives the search results for these pants.

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I also like these AnyBody Loungewear Cozy Knit Cargo Jogger Pants. I think that I picked them up as a Big Deal or a TSV perhaps? Or maybe I just saw a presentation. I got the black, wine, and clover and like all of the colors. The pants come in Petite, Regular, and Tall. I got the Tall because the inseam on that is 29" (not very "tall" I realize) which works as a full length pant for me. I cold water washed them and hung them up to dry, as I do with all of my pants and tops.

They are light yet warm enough for the changing weather. I find them very comfortable to wear. They are loose enough to disguise but are not harem pants. No Hammertime. The only caveat I have for others is to check the waist size. These seem to be a bit wider than some other brands - which isn't a problem for me. Apparently the previous incarnation of these pants had a drawstring which was deleted in this version.

The cargo pockets have a snap on them and aren't bulky, IMO. There are also side pockets.

Looks like there are some "as is" discounted ones available right now. The link I posted above gives the search results for these pants.

are they what they call Hacchi fabric-ation

i have some pants in this is so nice to wear

• Like 4

Just now, DownTheShore said:

They aren't marketed as Hacci, and I don't have anything that was sold as Hacci, so I can't tell you if it is similar.

Maybe I’ll look later 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I have these in the taupe. I love them.  I have a lot of the Anybody pants. I wear these in a Medium. I am a Large irl.

@hummingbird, they are not hacci. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

@hummingbird, they are not hacci. 

OK

I didn't look it up TY

I got a 2 piece hacci type fabric  set at Costco this past weekend to wear around the house, I really like that

fabric-ATION 

• Like 4

I'm copying the link as QVC doesn't have a shareable photo of the item up, even though I have received my order.  Go figure.  These Clinton Kelly pants are wonderful.  Smooth and almost silky feeling.  My first foray into ponte knit, and if they're all like this, I'll be getting more.  The little battenburg lace-style hem treatment is good.  They are not skin tight on me at all, or they would be going back.  If you're looking for a legging-style fit, size down.  Anyway, thought I would share.

Kelly-by-Clinton-Kelly-Regular-Ponte-Pull-On-Ankle-Pants-w-Lace

p.s.  These were ordered on the 17th, shipped on the 18th, and I have them today.  Conversely, I ordered an Earth shoe on the 16th, "shipped" on the 18th, but tracking only shows origin scan and departure scan, both in California, and both on the 19th, with an estimated delivery of the 27th.  So it would appear that they haven't left the warehouse yet.  I wouldn't think this kind of inconsistancy would be too welcome by customers as the holidays rapidly approach.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 4

The Earth shoes all seem to ship from California via UPS Ground, so that means they are trucked across the country  because it seems to take at least five days before they show up at the next UPS location when I order them.

The Q's warehousing situation sucks; that's where Amazon's is head and shoulders above them. Amazon's got TEN warehouses in NJ alone to serve the NYC-Philly metro area. One of their warehouses that I travel by frequently is 900,000 freakin' square feet in size! And that not the biggest one in the state!

Perhaps the Q should contract out their order fulfillments to Amazon? ?

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

The Earth shoes all seem to ship from California via UPS Ground, so that means they are trucked across the country  because it seems to take at least five days before they show up at the next UPS location when I order them.

The Q's warehousing situation sucks; that's where Amazon's is head and shoulders above them. Amazon's got TEN warehouses in NJ alone to serve the NYC-Philly metro area. One of their warehouses that I travel by frequently is 900,000 freakin' square feet in size! And that not the biggest one in the state!

Or some third party.  I have also noticed that they have clamped down the window for cancelling an order too.  I tried to cancel an order that was less than 12 hrs. old, they said it was "in process and cannot be cancelled", but it was at least two more days before it shipped.  I was pissed.  I have ordered a fair bit in the last week, more than I have in a couple of years, and I have noticed that overall, the stuff is shipping more quickly, and I'm receiving it more quickly than previously.  These Earth shoes are an exception.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I ordered some special bras for a dress from A yesterday because Bloomies didn’t have them In store and the specialty bra store close by is  final sale

the bras arrived here today 

didnt realize they had that many here but certainly makes sense for the metro area

QVC has 3 or four for the whole country 

• Like 4

To be fair, Amazon outsells QVC by a stratospheric number.  Granted Amazon doesn't ship everything they sell due to the 3rd party sellers, but I wouldn't expect QVC to match Amazon in warehouse locations, but they can definitely do more and better than they are, and will need to if they expect the sort of growth that they'll need going forward.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Yes. For example, if they are going to have an Earth TSV, then send half the stock to an East Coast location, rather than have everything ship out of California.

They still take forever to get to Seattle from CA. They must ship ground.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 6

I have a previous version of today's Kitchenaid countertop oven TSV and I'm happy with it. I never use my big oven anymore.

Looks like they improved the readability of the dials by using white print on a black background. One of the complaints about my version is that the dials have black print on a shiny silver background, making them hard to read. Glad to see that they listened to the reviews.

It is very easy to operate; no programming skills required.?

Mine was $119.92 before s/h and tax, and came with one roasting pan and one cooling rack.

Just check the size dimensions because it isn't as deep or as wide as a normal oven. Regular-size cookie pans don't fit in it, but round cake pans do. Some casserole dishes have to be put diagonally on the rack. I use my Cooks Essentials 11" cast iron pan in it without a problem.

I ordered these to use in it:

https://www.hsn.com/products/curtis-stone-3-piece-dura-bake-bakeware-set/8301106

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 7

While at Mom's this weekend, made the TSV steaks by Rastelli (TSV maybe a month ago?).  She got the garlic butter flavored ones (which I did, also).  I haven't made any from my shipment yet, so first time tasting them.  Mom had made one a week or so ago.  She has dentures, and has issues with chewing some foods.  She said the first steak was too tough.  

I made them in the air fryer, didn't get them too done (I prefer that way, plus if done too much - no way Mom could eat them).  She complained that they were too full of gristle.  I found them to be very tender, even had some pieces of her steak.  Now, I couldn't really cut with a fork, but cut very easily with a steak knife (probably a butter knife would have worked).

Only complaint is the flavor.  I am a fan of garlic (and onion) flavoring, but this was way too strong.  I now know to wipe off some of the coating before I cook mine.

Mom also got some of their sirloin burgers a while back (another TSV).  The burgers were excellent.  If they'd have the burgers on as some sort of special again, I am sure she'd buy more.  I would seriously consider buying, too.  They are large, do not shrink up very much at all, juicy but not greasy.  She's made hers (and I made some for both of us) in the Copper Chef pan.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

It's like she's ripping off Jim Shore.

That’s exactly what I thought, although Jim Shore’s Santas have much cuter faces.

44B6165B-FEAB-4512-AA00-4F28E53AB107.jpeg.137ff3bc8713af67c9df34f6cbc68166.jpeg

D5B27D81-2A36-4A7B-945F-4617877C41FA.thumb.jpeg.91594d29e50b8af015ec1661c4dcdb40.jpeg

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

It's like she's ripping off Jim Shore.

It's like he's the most boring flasher ever !

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, Benji said:

What's in his left hand ?

I think he’s ringing a bell with the one hand. What’s in the other hand is anybody’s guess. It looks like a gnawed turkey leg.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 13

Just now, letusprocrastinate said:

The other hand.  It's like the top of a tree is peeking out from behind his shoulder.  And is that a really lousy version of bag of gifts?

See my edit above for the other hand.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

This Santa by VPH is very weird.

5ba971a74f565_2018-09-2419_19_41.png.18e9548fc538cba81cbc4092e9352a86.png 

So cheap looking.

The bottom half lights up. So tacky!

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 8