SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

3 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Mary: First, David is on a well deserved vacation and second, I must explain that I can not eat this breaded chicken cutlet, but I'm sure it's delicious. 

(I heard her explain this once because there was so little she was eating).

so true,

• Like 2

Valerie is peddling Easter decor. The head is perma-tilted while an Easter parade of chicks, bunnies, eggs, garlands and other pastel coloured tat passes by. Illuminated mercury glass cupcake anyone? 

Edited by Burly
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I've seen several of Antonella's cooking videos. She's a hot ticket and knows her food. I wonder why they don't have her do any of the kitchen shows or Gourmet Holiday? I think she'd be great in that medium. 

Ant does Gourmet Holiday once in a blue moon; I remember she did a two-hour show a few months back and near the end admitted she hadn't heeded the warnings to pace herself.  But it was easy to tell she was having a grand time.

And she does sub for Mary or David every once in a while too.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Burly said:

Valerie is peddling Easter decor. The head is perma-tilted while an Easter parade of chicks, bunnies, eggs, garlands and other pastel coloured tat passes by. Illuminated mercury glass cupcake anyone? 

do they sell "tat" like that in the UK?

it's all over the place here in the stores at cheaper prices than Vals

it is very kitschy  to me only interested in the chocolate variety of bunny

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

8 hours ago, Booney said:

Even though she’s wearing all black under it, this short denim jacket isn’t doing Ant any favors. Her hair is back to looking awful today.

C182828C-5A41-4E87-A8D3-E62373ADB317.thumb.jpeg.d8148f0711b8d47cb3c10ef775d4e536.jpeg

Big hips + short jacket = bad look. Speaking from experience.

• Like 4

On 2/19/2019 at 6:54 PM, Hellohappylife said:

Jane Tracey just said she donated 2 Dooney & Bourke bags because “ I’m such a good person I donated 2 bags to those in need” but I now want them for myself”

No Jane you are not a good person. Good people don’t announce to others on Live tv of the good deed they’ve done by making a donation. 

Plus I’m not sure how Handbags would be any kind of help to someone in need. Unless it was a Bag with value like Louis Vuitton, Chanel etc 

The Truly good people are the ones who remain anonymous that you see on the News every Christmas donating large sums of money to family’s in need. 

This has always been a major peeve of mine.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Mary: First, David is on a well deserved vacation and second, I must explain that I can not eat this breaded chicken cutlet, but I'm sure it's delicious. 

(I heard her explain this once because there was so little she was eating).

Pleeze take this show away from her.  I know she was David's original IKWD minion, but still SMH of why they keep her in a "foodie" show when she can't eat most items. Not to mention how annoying it is to have her explain this ad nauseum when she's on.  She may have to avoid gluten products, but its obvious (compared to when she started at the Q) that she obviously is eating something.  She's following in DV footsteps in that regard. (Ouch....that wasn't nice, but it felt good!)

I saw Stumbling Stacey (who didn't stumble much) on the "deuce" doing a cooking demo show - she made recipes using some of the items that the Q sells (like Temptations, etc) and found her very enjoyable to watch.  

UM is an instant "click" for me.  Sorry, NOT sorry!

Edited by String Theory · Reason: to add a wee bit more snarkiness...
  • Like 15

I also don't see how you can have a host who can't eat much of the product you're selling.

Kitchenware and kitchen gadget show? Sure. Food show, uh, no.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Pleeze take this show away from her.  I know she was David's original IKWD minion, but still SMH of why they keep her in a "foodie" show when she can't eat most items. Not to mention how annoying it is to have her explain this ad nauseum when she's on.  She may have to avoid gluten products, but its obvious (compared to when she started at the Q) that she obviously is eating something.  She's following in DV footsteps in that regard. (Ouch....that wasn't nice, but it felt good!)

I saw Stumbling Stacey (who didn't stumble much) on the "deuce" doing a cooking demo show - she made recipes using some of the items that the Q sells (like Temptations, etc) and found her very enjoyable to watch.  

UM is an instant "click" for me.  Sorry, NOT sorry!

I would much rather watch Stacey.

• Like 9

On 2/19/2019 at 6:54 PM, Hellohappylife said:

Jane Tracey just said she donated 2 Dooney & Bourke bags because “ I’m such a good person I donated 2 bags to those in need” but I now want them for myself”

No Jane you are not a good person. Good people don’t announce to others on Live tv of the good deed they’ve done by making a donation. 

The Truly good people are the ones who remain anonymous that you see on the News every Christmas donating large sums of money to family’s in need. 

I was watching Grater over the weekend - she was shilling one of her overpriced jackets - can't remember who the OAP was, but she gushed something along the lines of how did Susan come up with all of her "remarkable" designs.  Grater said that she got "inspiration" from her Marchesa jacket.  Last time I checked,  Marchesa wasn't making anything in liquid knit, but I'm sure that all the $$$ she makes from selling her overpriced "liquid knit" allows her to continue to purchase (research/copy) Marchesa jackets.

Yes, I hear you Susan - I know you just go "look" at the Hermes shop at King of Prussia Mall.....more research I suppose.  Probably writes those scarves (and jackets) off as a "business" expenses.  

Edited by String Theory
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, selhars said:

I also don't see how you can have a host who can't eat much of the product you're selling.

Kitchenware and kitchen gadget show? Sure. Food show, uh, no.

I agree!  I rarely watch those food shows, but it doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lady J said:

I would much rather watch Stacey.

Ditto. She’s her own person, not a Diva clone like UnM, actually cooks, and can sample all the food. Plus, I just like Stacey’s on-air personality much better than UnM’s.

• Like 12

JRT admitted she was "bad" during an Argan show. She said she hadn't been moisturizing like she should and when she took off her black Belle jeans the other night there were flakes of white skin all over tbe inside of her pants. 

Thanks JRT for sharing that with us! Oh the visuals.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 9

^ Oh good heavens. Talk about over sharing. I don't care what she was selling. There was no need to share that particular story. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

JRT admitted she was "bad" during an Argan show. She said she hadn't been moisturizing like she should and when she took off her black Belle jeans the other night there were flakes of white skin all over tbe inside of her pants. 

Let's all hope QVC doesn't decide to sell incontinence garments.  Those stories would be precious. 😫

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

10 hours ago, Booney said:

Ditto. She’s her own person, not a Diva clone like UnM, actually cooks, and can sample all the food. Plus, I just like Stacey’s on-air personality much better than UnM’s.

I wonder why she hasn't "broken through" like some of the others who came on board when she did.  I like her 

she has little kids maybe she wants to be available at home more?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

LOL! Kerstin actually posted selling a skort and sandals will make Spring come. (From Q2 show last night).

52971429_2321927037825984_2873959030903013376_o.jpg

I guess if there's a silver lining, it's the first time that I can remember her in something besides pajama-type pants or yoga pants as "normal" dress (i.e. not a program that is geared toward those types of products).

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

On 2/20/2019 at 6:26 PM, hummingbird said:

do they sell "tat" like that in the UK?

it's all over the place here in the stores at cheaper prices than Vals

it is very kitschy  to me only interested in the chocolate variety of bunny

Not for Easter.... yet. It’s probably a matter of time. Our equivalent to Val is called Alison Cork (aka Corky The Tat). She’s not quite as patronising as Valerie but she’s getting there. 

There’s plenty-o-tat for Christmas on QUK though. A lot of it is your leftovers! Bethlehem Lights for example. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Burly said:

Not for Easter.... yet. It’s probably a matter of time. Our equivalent to Val is called Alison Cork (aka Corky The Tat). She’s not quite as patronising as Valerie but she’s getting there. 

There’s plenty-o-tat for Christmas on QUK though. A lot of it is your leftovers! Bethlehem Lights for example. 

Let’s appropriate that into Val the Tat

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

LOL! Kerstin actually posted selling a skort and sandals will make Spring come. (From Q2 show last night).

52971429_2321927037825984_2873959030903013376_o.jpg

That's like saying if you blow on a red traffic light, it will change to green . . . old joke in my family. It's gonna change eventually no matter what you do.

(But yeah, I've been known to sit in a traffic jam huffing and puffing to make the light change, LOL.)

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

28 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

That's like saying if you blow on a red traffic light, it will change to green . . . old joke in my family. It's gonna change eventually no matter what you do.

(But yeah, I've been known to sit in a traffic jam huffing and puffing to make the light change, LOL.)

hmmmmmm...maybe I'll try that tomorrow!!  Lol!

• Like 4

Watching the Roberta's Lavender presentation with Antonella and the young presenter dropped the F bomb I am pretty sure.  He said F ing flies.  If you watch it, go to about 7:17, I am not sure how to post it here.  Also Jill's outfit, I don't even know what to say about it.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

15 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Watching the Roberta's Lavender presentation with Antonella and the young presenter dropped the F bomb I am pretty sure.  He said F ing flies.  If you watch it, go to about 7:17, I am not sure how to post it here.  Also Jill's outfit, I don't even know what to say about it.

Yes! He said it! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tshopstoo said:

Yes! He said it! 

He said it twice, once in the sixth minute and then again in the seventh.

Jill's look: very Mrs. Roper.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

19 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I hope I never see her 'present'/sell Poo-pouri !!

OH ! the stories she would tell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😨🤣

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2