SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Isaac did throw some shade, saying she must have a very large closet.

Caro got very defensive, explaining that she donates lots to charity at the end of each season, and women in retail have to buy a lot to stay current and trendy.  Yeah, right.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Isaac did throw some shade, saying she must have a very large closet.

Caro got very defensive, explaining that she donates lots to charity at the end of each season, and women in retail have to buy a lot to stay current and trendy.  Yeah, right.

Yeah Caro, you are cutting edge.

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Just when you think she couldn’t get more obnoxious.

I literally thought I couldn't find her to be any more obnoxious, but actually do.  She came back from her WDV full of herself.

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

and women in retail have to buy a lot to stay current and trendy.

this is true, but it can't possibly have anything to do with Caro can it?

• Like 10

Well she didn't miss a step "I'm in th XL but could probably wear the L but they didn't have one out here".  No Caro honey they put an XL out there because they know you are an XL. Besides that cardigan fit you perfectly and Issac's sizes are VERY generous.

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Isaac thinks that cotton t-shirts are a "luxury essential".  That's how far down the rabbit hole he's willing to go.

He just hold his nose and thinks of his bank balance.💰💰

• Like 7

So Jen just said, "I still say we're one of the best-kept secrets in fashion."

Okay, let's just think about that for a minute...

"Jennifer Coffey, please report to TPTB office...Jennifer Coffey"

• Like 2

I thought I was funny when Caro was showing/explaining to Isaac how to do the Floss.  The camera was on the model, and apparently Caro was flossing her fat ass off, but the camera stayed on the model for a very long time until she was done; but she did manage to get a few flosses in when the camera eventually came back to her .  I literally laughed my ass off.  Sorry to harp on literally, but she just pissed me off with her school marm act with Isaac this morning, not that I'm a big fan of most of his line, but I do find him entertaining.  If it bothered her so much that literally is overused by Isaac and others, she should have addressed it off air instead of bringing it up when she did, like she was trying to shame him.

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

its early in my day but what is TPTB ?  ty

7 hours ago, selhars said:

QVC may stream, but I don't see any products that even today's 30-year-old who will-eventually-age-into-QVC's-target-age, would want.

I don't see them buying what QVC is offering -- IF that's what QVC is still offering when that time comes.

Just because a person ages into a given age group, doesn't mean they'll even be remotely interested in things people currently in that age group are interested in, or live lifestyles as previous generations have. Baby Boomers have already shown that.

Lord willing, I'll still be around another 30 years at least...so I'll be able to see what becomes of QVC.

((For example the to her day I saw a Consumer Cellular cell phone plan commercial, aimed at the "older generation" that didn't grow up with cell phones, and who still want flip phones, don't text, etc. Well, how long will that go over? Eventually, those who don't want smart phones will die off. People under 30 grew up with cell phones and computers. An even people under 60 are up on technology. If your customer over 70 -- or -- sick and shut-in -- you'd better get busy figuring out how you're going to stay in business. That's sort of how I see what might happen to QVC. Young people just won't shop like the Q's target age group does, not want many of the same products. Not in any big numbers anyway. Not big enough to support a mega corporation.))

I would hope that they aren't selling the exact same products in 20 or 40 years, if they're around by then. Elderly people are a large segment of the population right now and QVC is the #6 or #7 online retailer so I think they aren't doing all that terribly. Also flip phones are actually having a bit of a resurgence among millennials due to concerns about tech addiction and even Kim Kardashian has been spotted using one. I would totally go back to one if I didn't need it for work and also because I don't drive so I use Lyft sometimes.

https://theoutline.com/post/4186/flip-phone-revival-trend?zd=1&zi=uu37j7uq

Personally I think many industries will crash out of necessity when consumerism peaks in a decade or two and it's likely QVC may be one of them. Honestly it's also likely Amazon may be one of them, hard as it may be to believe right now. Even Jeff Bezos said recently most businesses have about a 30-year shelf life and he thinks it is likely Amazon won't last much longer than that. HQ2 notwithstanding, the writing is on the wall for them in many other ways (the extreme sketchiness of the third-party sellers, warehouse conditions, the fact that AWS is now being pushed aside by other products like Microsoft Azure, etc.) However I think there will be so much upheaval in the consumer market that there isn't much most companies can do to prepare for it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-says-amazon-will-fail-one-day-2018-11

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/19/18140799/amazon-marketplace-scams-seller-court-appeal-reinstatement (some NSFW content)

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Even Jeff Bezos said recently most businesses have about a 30-year shelf life and he thinks it is likely Amazon won't last much longer than that. HQ2 notwithstanding, the writing is on the wall for them in many other ways

Yes....only time will tell if QVC is like Sears (133 years) Kmart (120 years), J.C. Penney (116 years),  Macy's (160 years) or the baby of the group :) -- Walmart (56 years)...or....uh, not.  (Woolworth's is gone -- but it did have a 119 year run:):)) In the Philly area we had Gimbels (100 years), Wanamakers (133 years), Lit Brothers (85 years), and  Bamberger's (103 years). Lord and Taylor is closing 20% of its stores. Not that QVC is like a brick-and-mortar retailer, but as with all of retail, it will be interesting to see how the landscape changes....who thrives, survives, and for how long.

I will say that nothing QVC has done has impressed me so far.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 5

Wow, I was out all morning so I missed the Caro bossy-fest. I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg of her obnoxiousness - imagine what she’s like when the cameras aren’t on. I doubt that many vendors (or other hosts, for that matter) enjoy working with her. How does one get so full of oneself? I don’t get it.

• Like 14

15 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Well, yes....me, too!  I thought everyone ate it that way!  I thought that was the way we were supposed to eat it?!

lol, sometimes I spread it on French bread and pretend I'm a Parisian schoolgirl.

• Like 7

This is a  T-shirt:

images.jpg.761144e1681e952725173f77b44510a3.jpg

If you prefer:

5c461ff263fe7_images(1).jpg.d3db06acfa2daa19a5a96815c67543e6.jpg

Edited by artisto · Reason: editing
  • Like 14

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:48 AM, BuyMoreAndSave said:

I had chocolate hummus and it was like chocolate pudding or mousse but with less sugar. It doesn't have garlic or spices or anything. And you don't taste the chickpeas. I would buy it again.

I love regular hummus (scooped up with toasted pita bread, yum!) and chocolate mousse but this just doesn't tempt me at all.  I also enjoy chocolate halvah -- my family ate a lot of it back in the day.

21 hours ago, Booney said:

Wow, I was out all morning so I missed the Caro bossy-fest. I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg of her obnoxiousness - imagine what she’s like when the cameras aren’t on. I doubt that many vendors (or other hosts, for that matter) enjoy working with her. How does one get so full of oneself? I don’t get it.

I heard her tell one of the models during IM to "stand THIS way in front of the camera, won't you honey, so the ladies (her "grannies") can get a good look at this top"

Wish she would high-tail it back to California.

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Like 11

11 minutes ago, artisto said:

This is a  T-shirt:

images.jpg.761144e1681e952725173f77b44510a3.jpg

If you prefer:

5c461ff263fe7_images(1).jpg.d3db06acfa2daa19a5a96815c67543e6.jpg

I think I'll hop on that streetcar.....

And for TRUE chic, (not the faux-chic these QVC designers are always disingenuously babbling about), watch some of those I Love Paris videos on YouTube.  Parisian women really know how to rock a classic white tee.

• Like 4

Why does model Jacque/Jackie/Jakkee walk like she's hiking in Jell-O?

I don’t know why she walks like that but it’s why she’s known around here as Lumber Jackie.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

My hubby saw that presentation and he commented that it sounded good.   Go figure.

Cherish him!  

4 minutes ago, Booney said:

4852D6C3-D987-4BF7-9D5D-FC2409AFF3A1.thumb.jpeg.d22b71871b3eee06a0ec1ebb248ce61a.jpeg

Literally!

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

I love regular hummus (scooped up with toasted pita bread, yum!) and chocolate mousse but this just doesn't tempt me all.  I also enjoy chocolate halvah -- my family ate a lot of it back in the day.

I heard her tell one of the models during IM to "stand THIS way in front of the camera, won't you honey, so the ladies (her "grannies") can get a good look at this top"

Wish she would high-tail it back to California.

We don't need/want Miss Bossypants!

• Like 6

You know, Carolyn is mocked around here for her “model pose,” and yeah it’s goofy but as I watched her stand like that this morning I thought I’d much rather see that than see Pat's Crossing Guard pose or all of the Pigeon-Toed Helpless Baby poses we see from LoGo the Clown and all the other ones who stand like that.

Also, unrelated: Angel (“Demon”) Smedley is on right now demonstrating why jogger pants are not for everyone. She looks like the classic What Not to Wear upside-down ice-cream cone. Yoo-hoo, Demon: Skinny ankles make your hind end look bigger!

Edited by Kathcart · Reason: My iPad refuses to quit “correcting” “yoo-hoo” into something else
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, selhars said:

Yes....only time will tell if QVC is like Sears (133 years) Kmart (120 years), J.C. Penney (116 years),  Macy's (160 years) or the baby of the group :) -- Walmart (56 years)...or....uh, not.  (Woolworth's is gone -- but it did have a 119 year run:):)) In the Philly area we had Gimbels (100 years), Wanamakers (133 years), Lit Brothers (85 years), and  Bamberger's (103 years). Lord and Taylor is closing 20% of its stores. Not that QVC is like a brick-and-mortar retailer, but as with all of retail, it will be interesting to see how the landscape changes....who thrives, survives, and for how long.

I will say that nothing QVC has done has impressed me so far.

The times changed a lot more slowly back then too. I doubt Walmart will be around in another 50 years. Amazon might be around but only because they're also a tech and media company, and I don't think the retail side will remain anything like the way it is now. But also, do the people who run QVC have the goal for it to be around forever? Maybe not. Maybe the goal is to make money for as long as it lasts. Or who knows, maybe they're like the Sears CEO and just trying to squeeze personal wealth out of the company.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Booney said:

She's another narcissist. And no matter how they look, how they perform, how knowledgeable they are, etc.; they are the best of the best, reality be damned.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Well she didn't miss a step "I'm in th XL but could probably wear the L but they didn't have one out here".  No Caro honey they put an XL out there because they know you are an XL. Besides that cardigan fit you perfectly and Issac's sizes are VERY generous.

I noticed this too, thought the same thing, and had a giggle!

43 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

You know, Carolyn is mocked around here for her “model pose,” and yeah it’s goofy but as I watched her stand like that this morning I thought I’d much rather see that than see Pat's Crossing Guard pose or all of the Pigeon-Toed Helpless Baby poses we see from LoGo the Clown and all the other ones who stand like that.

Also, unrelated: Angel (“Demon”) Smedley is on right now demonstrating why jogger pants are not for everyone. She looks like the classic What Not to Wear upside-down ice-cream cone. Yoo-hoo, Demon: Skinny ankles make your hind end look bigger!

Bolded:  lol!  Great description!  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Andrew is wearing a print shirt.5c465f931270c_andrewprintshirt.thumb.jpg.0b2e2b64797096095c652a687162d565.jpg

What?????   Is he having at mid-life crisis????  😄

Edited by Thumper · Reason: Ipad autocorrected to "midnight-life " crisis! Had to fix. 😄😄😄
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Those consumer cellular ads crack me up, the actors look younger than me, yet they must be targeted at 80+? god forbid they actually show who the target demo is 

Aren't those commercials a hot mess? Or maybe a cold congealed mess.  Most boring group of TV commercial actors I've ever seen. The script is laughable too, such as the woman calling her husband "Texty McTexterson." Blech

• Like 5

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Why does model Jacque/Jackie/Jakkee walk like she's hiking in Jell-O?

Things I'd Like To Know.

Funny! I have also noticed when she is carrying a handbag as part of the getup, she is swinging it all over the place. She is certainly not elegant in her gate. More like a teenage boy. Tromping around.

10 hours ago, Friday said:

I thought I was funny when Caro was showing/explaining to Isaac how to do the Floss.  The camera was on the model, and apparently Caro was flossing her fat ass off, but the camera stayed on the model for a very long time until she was done; but she did manage to get a few flosses in when the camera eventually came back to her .  I literally laughed my ass off.  Sorry to harp on literally, but she just pissed me off with her school marm act with Isaac this morning, not that I'm a big fan of most of his line, but I do find him entertaining.  If it bothered her so much that literally is overused by Isaac and others, she should have addressed it off air instead of bringing it up when she did, like she was trying to shame him.

The floss? Is it a dance move? Is she flossing her ass on national TV. Smh

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't understand? Why would saying QVC is a best kept secret be a bad thing? If anything it might subconcsiously have viewers thinking they know something others don't -- and maybe start spreading the word more to their friends! :) Oooh, have you seen what's on QVC?!:) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, selhars said:

I don't understand? Why would saying QVC is a best kept secret be a bad thing? If anything it might subconcsiously have viewers thinking they know something others don't -- and maybe start spreading the word more to their friends! :) Oooh, have you seen what's on QVC?!:) 

*snort* yeah, all the fabulous undiscovered fashions on QVC. Somebody alert Vogue.

• Like 11

Yeah, that's my reaction also. We agree it's nonsensical. But I don't understand why Jen would be called upstairs for that comment, which is pretty innocuous IMO. I don't see the issue. It's part of the spiel.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 6

thinking about chocolate hummus.... just not sure. but sign me up for the halvah! any flavor. OMG there is a 7 layer cake they make with it- strictly thin layer of halvah (no cake!!) and in between each layer is chocolate. TO DIE FOR.

Sorry for the diversion.

Is it true that Isaac's stuff is generously sized? I am tempted with a few of his items but never sure of sizing. BTW, his spokespersonmodel looks like she has put some weight back on. Said by someone who battles excess weight.

• Like 3

Three hours of Carolyn’s Garden Party...click. Because although I like gardening products, I loathe Carolyn.

29ED9864-5C5D-44A1-A7D4-7A0E26F70B54.thumb.jpeg.301a494c8f8c588a255674de4b31e650.jpeg

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

Three hours of Carolyn’s Garden Party...click. Because although I like gardening products, I loathe Carolyn.

29ED9864-5C5D-44A1-A7D4-7A0E26F70B54.thumb.jpeg.301a494c8f8c588a255674de4b31e650.jpeg

Same here , I loathe Carolyn !!

• Like 11

I loathe gardening shows!  😄. Carolyn looks pretty good in that outfit.

• Like 5

The Cook Takeover of Beauty IQ is all week, why I wonder.  They have Elise Ivey doing some Q2 shows and I see Gabby back on real-Q next weekend.

Anyway, I think this is what goes on in the Host Scheduling Department. 

istockphoto-182823456-612x612.jpg

• Like 12

Yesterday someone posted in the Q thread that the takeover of BIQ will last through Sunday the 27th, and Q's website is saying the same.

Perhaps they're trying to raise interest in the channel's existence both online and from those who are just flipping channels on the TV?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tshopstoo said:

Funny! I have also noticed when she is carrying a handbag as part of the getup, she is swinging it all over the place. She is certainly not elegant in her gate. More like a teenage boy. Tromping around.

The floss? Is it a dance move? Is she flossing her ass on national TV. Smh

@Tshopstoo Yes, it's a dance.  Here's a YouTube link, but if you don't want to open it here's a description of the dance from Wikipedia:  A dance move in which the person repeatedly swings their arms, with clenched fists, from the back of the body to the front, on each side.  Caro was off camera for most of her "performance" since the camera stayed with the model instead of moving to her.  I wonder if she practices in front of a magic mirror......

• Like 4

On 1/21/2019 at 2:55 PM, Kathcart said:

I don’t know why she walks like that but it’s why she’s known around here as Lumber Jackie.

Large upper thighs that rub together.  That gait accomodates them.  Women who lose weight and even though the thighs no longer rub, they still walk like that.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, selhars said:

Well, what jumps out at me is that she's implying that QVC is a secret, considering they're in 100 million homes.  Secondly, one could argue using the word fashion in relation to QVC.  mmv

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The Cook Takeover of Beauty IQ is all week, why I wonder.

see LGGirls comment the other thread,  insightful 

• Like 3