SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

LMAO!  Jane and Fonzie!  I have no words.  Just laughter!  (thanks for posting those pictures...needed that tonight.)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I'm so embarrassed for them, and I don't even personally know them.  How horribly, awfully wrong.  

lmaoooooooooooooooooooo

5 hours ago, Lady J said:

These are the kind of parents that embarrass their kids.

lmao!!!!!

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Trying to discern what Alberti thinks about Denese's sacs...

Screenshot (424).png

looks as if he'd like to grab the full one lol

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 5

Dr. Denese grosses me out.  Has she updated her brand or product at all?  Same old spiel all these years. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

What on earth were those sacs supposed to represent (other than the items that apparently popped to the forefront in all of our brains)?

🐺🌖🌗🌘🌑🌚🐺

@Autumn Love

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Did your doctor prescribe Tamiflu (or whatever it's called)?

🌳🌳🌳🌳🚜

LumberJackie always seems so supremely pleased with her look, no matter what she is wearing. I figure that she is either another Caro or else is otherwise a normally happy person.

Either way, she irks me on some subconscious level. Always has.

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, Autumn Love said:

Watching Isaac tonight...forgot about this new change up in the schedule.  I'm recovering from the Flu...take good care people!  This flu knocked me on my butt for nearly two whole weeks!  Very bad.  I can't remember the last time I was THIS sick (fluctuating fever for days...chills...cough...the works!).   It really caught me off guard.  A good reminder that I need to slow down and take better care of myself.  Finally feeling better :) 

Now back to Q stuff.  That dress on Jackie...very matronly on her.  And she definitely needed some hose and a bit of a heel (those flats didn't help).  Frumpy.  When Isaac asked her to remove the sweater, I thought, uh oh.  Jackie is one of those Q models who is so inconsistent...can look good in some things, and then, so much heavier in other clothing items.  It's strange. 

Personally, I like stockings/pantyhose.  I know most women refuse to wear them anymore.  I think it completes/polishes off the look.  Most women in my age group don't wear them, but if I wear a dress or a skirt, I always wear them (or even opaque tights).  

OMG...Amy and her salmon comment!  She used to say the "L" when saying the word in the past.  What???  She can't be that dumb.  Can she?  That whole exchange with Isaac.  It was like a Shawn moment.

Wow, that flu sounds nasty.  Glad you're on the mend.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Dr. Denese grosses me out.  Has she updated her brand or product at all?  Sane old spiel all these years. 

boring 

28 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She can't be that dumb.  Can she?

I missed this, but yeah I think Amy is dumb/uneducated about things that most of us know, just know. 

and that bugs the crap out of me.  she has said she didn't know about xxx or yyy when by her age most people would have had some passing knowledge 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

boring 

I missed this, but yeah I think Amy is dumb/uneducated about things that most of us know, just know. 

and that bugs the crap out of me.  she has said she didn't know about xxx or yyy when by her age most people would have had some passing knowledge 

But she's a fashion and makeup expert.  Does that count for anything?  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

boring 

FTR, I didn't call Amy dumb.  That was AutumnLove's quote.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chucklehead said:

Serious question here, with absolutely no judgement attached.  

I see that many of you absolutely hate most of the people on QVC (“talent” and vendors alike).

Can you share with me what the motivation might be to spend hours and hours watching something that is irritating?

Thanks in advance for helping me to understand.

The very same reason people watch the Housewives of : Insert city here

• Like 9

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I never feel obligated to explain;  one gets it or one does not.

Yeah, requests for explanation often = shade.  Not in this case I'm sure.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, artisto said:

The very same reason people watch the Housewives of : Insert city here

And probably about 90% of the other shows on TV 😀

• Like 5

I imagine Kerstinky will be mounting the tsv T minus one hour. 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I never feel obligated to explain;  one gets it or one does not.

This!! And if one doesn’t get it, why would one spend time here then? Just sayin’...

Edited by Booney
  • Like 19

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

This!! And if one doesn’t get it, why would one spend time here then? Just sayin’...

YES, get thee to the Q board !

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

FTR, I didn't call Amy dumb.  That was AutumnLove's quote.

K

unfortunately that’s the nature of the quote system here 

• Like 2

Shopping TV hosts are there to fulfil a very specific purpose. They want you and me to part with our money. They’ve chosen a job where their personalities are used very cynically to appeal to different demographics in order to generate sales. 

It might be all cutsie-wutsie huggy-kissy on camera but people shouldn’t be fooled. This is hard nosed retail on a huge scale. If people are going to be put on tv to manipulate how we feel about products then as far as I’m concerned they’re putting themselves up for comment and criticism. I draw the line at family personally, but that’s down to individual choice and even then it could be argued that presenters who use their family as part of their sales spiel are putting them up for comment too. 

When Mary Beth introduced Anthony the other week and looked right into the camera and said “and believe me, you can trust him” it just demonstrated (as if there was any doubt) that shopping tv  100% about the relationship that the host is trying to build with us. They’re part of the product. It’s like politicians using their personalities to make us believe in their policies. And no one ever suggests that they shouldn’t  be criticisised do they? 

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, Burly said:

Shopping TV hosts are there to fulfil a very specific purpose. They want you and me to part with our money. They’ve chosen a job where their personalities are used very cynically to appeal to different demographics in order to generate sales. 

It might be all cutsie-wutsie huggy-kissy on camera but people shouldn’t be fooled. This is hard nosed retail on a huge scale. If people are going to be put on tv to manipulate how we feel about products then as far as I’m concerned they’re putting themselves up for comment and criticism. I draw the line at family personally, but that’s down to individual choice and even then it could be argued that presenters who use their family as part of their sales spiel are putting them up for comment too. 

When Mary Beth introduced Anthony the other week and looked right into the camera and said “and believe me, you can trust him” it just demonstrated (as if there was any doubt) that shopping tv  100% about the relationship that the host is trying to build with us. They’re part of the product. It’s like politicians using their personalities to make us believe in their policies. And no one ever suggests that they shouldn’t  be criticisised do they? 

You make some excellent points.

• Like 4

You know what I just realized walking through this thread?   Ursula from Little Mermaid looks like Kim Gravel. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

You know what I just realized walking through this thread?   Ursula from Little Mermaid looks like Kim Gravel. 

To refresh my memory of her I just googled Ursula and OMG you are so right about that. She really does.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I'm a little tired this morning and that means I'm slow. 

You know how they have a plethora of TSVs now?  The only TSV that I hadn't completely blocked out of my head was the Vitamix.  So, you caused me to have my mind in the gutter....although I spent some time trying to figure out how she was going to mount the Vitamix!

Naptime for me!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 8

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:54 AM, artisto said:

I sincerely hope that Mr Heywood = Mike Rowe with a British accent.

In our dreams.  I think Anthony will be the complete team player, for better or worse.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, mpeeps said:

You nailed UM!  I wonder if Diva knew her when she was working in their customer service dept?

I believe he did.

And I heard Mary say that working as a host was her dream come true, so it seems she always had on-air ambitions.

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, DownTheShore said:

Greg's going to have to come up with a more manly but still G-rated simile when working at least with male hosts, in order to stop looking like a complete (or a more complete) fool.

Bad enough that he's always using that soft-as-puppy-fur-or-kitten's-ass comparison with the female hosts. 🐕🐱

I think with Rick he could probably start out with "How about those Eagles?"  then segue into how even tough, rough sports guys would appreciate sleeping on such ultra-soft sheets.

• Like 3

@Booney and @Friday, it was all so embarrassingly transparent -- David with his plaid shirt and the coffee cup.

Does the Q think viewers will fall for that phony "Down Home" stuff?

I guess so....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

I think with Rick he could probably start out with "How about those Eagles?"  then segue into how even tough, rough sports guys would appreciate sleeping on such ultra-soft sheets.

Soft as shoulder pads ... soft as new gym socks ... soft as armpit hair ... soft as ... as ... uh, I'm running out of manly softness ideas.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

if you see her without the drag makeup she uses for the Q she is very pretty,  perhaps she thinks she needs to reach to the  back of the 3rd balcony, only it's TV now.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

if you see her without the drag makeup she uses for the Q she is very pretty,  perhaps she thinks she needs to reach to the  back of the 3rd balcony, only it's TV now.  

It doesn't make sense for the hosts and OAPS to wear such extreme, heavy makeup. They're on HDTV now, where all the little details show. They are no longer on old-fashioned analog, soft focus TV broadcasts where they'd have to load on the war paint to stand out.

Maybe they think they have to go along with the Kardashian-"Instagram model" trend of wearing layers of heavy makeup, false eyelashes, dark contouring, and all that mess.

• Like 8

On 1/17/2019 at 8:08 PM, Booney said:

Well, “Down Home with David” opened with the set of Campanelli microfiber dusters, a product that’s been presented umpteen times on the Q. Yawn. David’s in a buffalo plaid flannel shirt. Is this supposed to make him “down home”?

I agree 100%. Nothing new here. Sooo disappointing. David said, "we heard you." Well apparently not.

And I guess that doesn't matter, because for the most part recently QVC's revenue has been up, right? So management must think they have a winning formula.

We've been saying for years and years that: QVC hosts spend too much time on one product, that QVC airs too many shows of the same product, that QVC hosts don't give enough info on the products (how do you sell something and NOT give the measurements??). Not the clothing. But there was some non-apparel item being sold recently and I kept hoping (beyond hope) that they would say how long and wide it was. And they never said what size the damn thing was. 

My pet peeve is with the food shows, as someone who wants to know whats IN my food, I want hosts give give more details about all the ingredients in something. Does it have soy (which many women limit), how much sodium? If you don't want to say how many calories or how much fat are in a slice of cheesecake --which wouldn't be good for selling desserts -- I get that:) But surely there is SOME nutritional label info they can give. It's on the package viewers will get in the mail so why can't they just provide that info on air?

Will our dire predictions for QVC come true? Eventually, maybe? Personally, I don't see the Q appealing to younger viewers. And eventually their current "core" viewership WILL die off. It's not offering anything people can't get from any number of other sources. Okay sure, Denim and Co., Quaker Factory, Susan Graver, LOGO, H by Halston and their clothing lines "exclusive to QVC." Give me a break.

I just continue to marvel at the decisions that are made, and how executives are running that place. It's mind-boggling.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Better than mounting a lobster in her mind.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, selhars said:

that QVC hosts don't give enough info on the products (how do you sell something and NOT give the measurements??

or mention fabric content---oops fabrication, seriously though they rarely tell me what the fabric is made of, that's important when you are not shopping in person,  there are many kinds of ponte, poly knits some are nice some not 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

or mention fabric content---oops fabrication, seriously though they rarely tell me what the fabric is made of, that's important when you are not shopping in person,  there are many kinds of ponte, poly knits some are nice some not 

The only fabric contents they mention are CASHmere, cotton and spandex (a slimming fabric).  Most other flammable and toxic synthetics rarely mentioned.

Jen Coffey is so heavily bronzed and illuminated today but she's trying that natural look. Ain't working.  

• Like 7

Couple questions for this newbie, so I don't have to do endless searches. TIA

Diva = David 'the color of my hair is deepest ebony shoe polish' Venable ?

Kim Gravel is famous because...........................................?

Kerstin/Kristin/Krusteee has a relationship with a lobster?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Couple questions for this newbie, so I don't have to do endless searches. TIA

Diva = David 'the color of my hair is deepest ebony shoe polish' Venable ?

Kim Gravel is famous because...........................................?

Kerstin/Kristin/Krusteee has a relationship with a lobster?

Welcome.  Yes, Diva is David Venable.  Kerstink's husband is called The Lobster because she said the two of them are like lobsters, which (apparently) mate for life.  (She's his second wife, but what the hell). You may want to take a look at the Lexicon topic/thread for lists of the nicknames commonly used here.

As far as Gomer Gravel and why she's famous, I got nuthin.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Dr. Denese grosses me out.  Has she updated her brand or product at all?  Same old spiel all these years. 

My mother once gave me a Dr. Denese serum she didn't want and when I looked at the ingredient list, it contained denatured alcohol, which is a major skin irritant. I can't take anyone seriously who hawks products with crappy ingredients. All these skin people are such snake oil salesmen.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

what I know her background was in beauty pageants both entering and training then she had a reality show called Kim of Queens, thence to the Q---which is probably what she wanted all along.  I christened her Gomer Gravel for obvious reasons,   @7EasyPayments

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

Welcome.  Yes, Diva is David Venable.  Kerstink's husband is called The Lobster because she said the two of them are like lobsters, which (apparently) mate for life.  (She's his second wife, but what the hell). You may want to take a look at the Lexicon topic/thread for lists of the nicknames commonly used here.

Thank you !!!!

And LOLOLOLOLOL Kerst using the lobster metaphor is a perfect example of the intelligence required to hawk products on TV.

Mate for life.............................and SHE'S the SECOND wife !!!!!!  LOLOLOLOL Priceless !

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Thank you !!!!

And LOLOLOLOLOL Kerst using the lobster metaphor is a perfect example of the intelligence required to hawk products on TV.

Mate for life.............................and SHE'S the SECOND wife !!!!!!  LOLOLOLOL Priceless !

If I'm not mistaken, don't second marriages have an even higher failure rate than firsts?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

what I know her background was in beauty pageants both entering and training then she had a reality show called Kim of Queens, thence to the Q---which is probably what she wanted all along.  I christened her Gomer Gravel for obvious reasons,   @7EasyPayments

I remember promos for that Kim of Queens show now, making note to AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

And she does look like that Disney villain as others have noted.    ;)

• Like 5

Oops, my apologies for seeming to throw shade.  Not my intention at all.  Back to lurking now with no further questions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chucklehead said:

Oops, my apologies for seeming to throw shade.  Not my intention at all.  Back to lurking now with no further questions.

It appeared that way to me, but I'm one person.  Please don't avoid participation based on one um, chucklehead's ideas.  This place is better with volume and variety.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Chucklehead said:

ask away

• Like 3

Christie Brinkley, on now helping to hawk the Total Gym, looks damn good for 64. I don’t think there’s any question that she’s had work done, but she’s got a good plastic surgeon - it’s subtle. She doesn’t look overly plumped, or pulled too tight.  If you’re going to tweak, this is the way to do it IMO.

66D7056C-17DC-4E5B-A73B-4B7CE7E293E2.thumb.jpeg.a9ca43c5a161a974ab34991fea8eea2a.jpeg

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Booney said:

Christie Brinkley, on now helping to hawk the Total Gym, looks damn good for 64. I don’t think there’s any question that she’s had work done, but she’s got a good plastic surgeon - it’s subtle. She doesn’t look overly plumped, or pulled too tight.  If you’re going to tweak, this is the way to do it IMO.

66D7056C-17DC-4E5B-A73B-4B7CE7E293E2.thumb.jpeg.a9ca43c5a161a974ab34991fea8eea2a.jpeg

Christie looks good, I agree about the subtle work.

But the aha moment, is getting a shot at the BACK of Rick DOHmeister's hair system.

A combo of plugs, a toupee, and brown eyeshadow applied to the scalp !!!

Mystery, SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOL ;)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LGGirl said:

20190119_195346.png

• Like 22

I’m not liking this look on Amy. The short dress, bare legs and short boots - not a fan of this look. It would have looked better with dark tights IMO. The dress is giving off a muu muu vibe.

56B3CBD4-004F-4700-8CB9-9D12C3512D9B.thumb.jpeg.8d699762f49e56c90b0322d8061baec5.jpeg

F0BD064E-3073-4BFD-A954-32602FE12C64.thumb.jpeg.44de7bc16fe9a847d2886b823b78bef8.jpeg

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Booney said:

I’m not liking this look on Amy. The short dress, bare legs and short boots - not a fan of this look. It would have looked better with dark tights IMO. The dress is giving off a muu muu vibe.

56B3CBD4-004F-4700-8CB9-9D12C3512D9B.thumb.jpeg.8d699762f49e56c90b0322d8061baec5.jpeg

F0BD064E-3073-4BFD-A954-32602FE12C64.thumb.jpeg.44de7bc16fe9a847d2886b823b78bef8.jpeg

Maybe Blabby could lend her some tights.😏

• Like 13

1 hour ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Christie looks good, I agree about the subtle work.

But the aha moment, is getting a shot at the BACK of Rick DOHmeister's hair system.

A combo of plugs, a toupee, and brown eyeshadow applied to the scalp !!!

Mystery, SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOL ;)

Screen shot of that would be great

• Like 6

I know the Tweak'd guy had a female wife when he was the Ojon guy, but my gaydar isn't completely convinced that he is str8.

@ least he has the same chubby hair stylist guy for continuity.

And Aimee Strand !!! Your blond streaks are GREEN ! Fire the Calista chick !   LOL ;)

• Like 3

I believe Dennis (Denis?) Ojon/Tweak'd guy and his wife divorced.  I love the original Ojon shampoo as well as another  product they had that was a great detangler.

I love Amy.  This is not her best hair look, though, and I really dislike the short boots/bare legs/short dress look.  It's "fashion" I guess. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AdeleDazeem said:

20190119_195346.png

OMG, you nailed it! Even the round little "chin within a chin" is exactly the same!

And they've both been McTooled.

• Like 11