SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

19 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

I'm really beginning to appreciate our male newbie from across the pond.

During one of Greg Lawrence's patented "puppy fur" comparisons, Anthony Heywood paused, repeated "puppy fur" very slowly as if he couldn't believe a man would actually say that, and gave Lawrence the side-eye.

I sincerely hope that Mr Heywood = Mike Rowe with a British accent.

• Like 11

Greg does have a manly story: during the shower curtain presentation he actually cut himself on one of those nasty, old fashioned shower rings-blood was shed on air.  He loves to tell that story.

Female host swoons at mention of blood!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

I think many viewers relate to her because:

a) she is the spawn of Diva

b) she has an asexual vibe that never strays into bedroom, swimming pool, fireside romance (gasp) territory. She's just a good old girl/boy. She makes neither the viewers nor the executives have tingles in their pee-pee parts.

c) she constantly downplays herself, her abilities, her resources (rare among all the big braggers at the Q).

d) she plays all ages. Aw shucks I just don't know what I'm doing! Aw shucks I been haunting these halls for decades! Which version makes you order more food I supposedly can't eat?

e) she loves her mama and daddy (a veteran don't you know), the U S A and most importantly...see point "a".

You nailed UM!  I wonder if Diva knew her when she was working in their customer service dept?

• Like 7

Who are UM's host friends besides Diva and practically all the OAPs she's always so overly happy to work with.

• Like 6

I think that @BecomingLimited gives a wise analysis of UnMary's success. I acknowledge the wisdom of Mary and her producers exploiting the sensitivities of viewers, though I view her askance. 

She also completely embraces the EveryWoman success story (or at least her fans do).

Climbed up the proverbial corporate  ladder out of ambition and womanly fortitude,  but in reality hoisted up on a large pulley manned by Diva and others....

• Like 10

On 1/17/2019 at 11:50 AM, LeeDenny said:

Why is UnMary showing up in fashion and beauty shows lately? It's laughable. There is nothing stylish about her. She should be hawking yard and garage items.

And her voice bugs me.

I agree!!! @LEEDENNY Mary reminds me of Rosie O'Donnell, not feminine at all imo. Her voice irritates me too.

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Booney said:

Ant looks great today. Her hair looks so much better - softer, and she doesn’t have those heavy bangs. I hope she keeps this style and ditches that awful bob she’s been sporting.

9E1A926D-35F0-4E2D-AABA-5331DA778F21.thumb.jpeg.cf8530fdb6745e940f53963fd347b902.jpeg

My favorite host, what you see is what you get, no phony airs about her.

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I think that @BecomingLimited gives a wise analysis of UnMary's success. I acknowledge the wisdom of Mary and her producers exploiting the sensitivities of viewers, though I view her askance. 

She also completely embraces the EveryWoman success story (or at least her fans do).

Climbed up the proverbial corporate  ladder out of ambition and womanly fortitude,  but in reality hoisted up on a large pulley manned by Diva and others....

The only one of her qualities as I listed them that I feel are genuine is that she is Diva's spawn. I think she watched from the sidelines, heard feedback from customers, noticed which hosts $old Qrap...all the while designing a carefully crafted persona to roll out when the time was right. Other hosts probably don't like her because she's smarter than them (just plays dumb and incapable to maintain approachability with viewers). OAPs love her because they love to be stroked. Every one's a winner. Even the Krispy Kreme store owner when she picks up her daily dozen to eat behind closed doors. 

• Like 8

On 1/15/2019 at 5:43 PM, AdeleDazeem said:

That's funny. I was thinking she looks like something out of the original Perry Mason or 77 Sunset Strip. Very young and trendy (/sarcasm)

Seriously? The idea that any teen, 20-something or 30-something would sit around watching tv to buy clothes (or anything else, for that matter)  OR buy anything QVC sells is hilarious. Who does QVC's market research? 

Days behind, sorry - but this old biddy (of course) likes the D&C denim tunic shown in picture with Amy and Gary.  Does anyone have the item number?  

Edited by telemachus2 · Reason: Tried to quote, but screwed up bigly.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Who are UM's host friends besides Diva and practically all the OAPs she's always so overly happy to work with.

When UM first became a host, she was spending a ton of time with Alberti, Kerstin and Kerstin's BFF, Rachel Boesing.  Endless posts from all of them on their FB pages about how they took daily walks together and, what else? exercised  together!

Not sure who is BFFs with who at this point, as I don't really follow any of them any longer.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

When UM first became a host, she was spending a ton of time with Alberti, Kerstin and Kerstin's BFF, Rachel Boesing.  Endless posts from all of them on their FB pages about how they took daily walks together and, what else? exercised  together!

Not sure who is BFFs with who at this point, as I don't really follow any of them any longer.

UM exercises? :-)

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

With that competitive atmosphere I can’t imagine there are too many real friendships.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BecomingLimited said:

The only one of her qualities as I listed them that I feel are genuine is that she is Diva's spawn. I think she watched from the sidelines, heard feedback from customers, noticed which hosts $old Qrap...all the while designing a carefully crafted persona to roll out when the time was right. Other hosts probably don't like her because she's smarter than them (just plays dumb and incapable to maintain approachability with viewers). OAPs love her because they love to be stroked. Every one's a winner. Even the Krispy Kreme store owner when she picks up her daily dozen to eat behind closed doors. 

Soooo she’s a complete phony

32 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

publicity like the  old time movies companies  you know how they would couple up actors and actresses 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Lady J said:

With that competitive atmosphere I can’t imagine there are too many real friendships.

You mean, they're not one big, happy family?? :-)

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, Booney said:

You mean, they're not one big, happy family?? :-)

I’m thinking, no. LOL 🤣

• Like 3

Oh dear, Janie thinks she’s dressed like a rock star for Jane’s Rock Stars. The opening shot was of her “rocking it out” under the neon lights. This outfit’s going in the photo file for the next fashion poll! What’s with her wearing boots with every outfit? Then the Doughboy showed up in a leather jacket. It’s gonna be a long two hours...

28CE8F63-E63F-4B15-B35E-CD9FD99BA434.thumb.jpeg.6937265df1debc3a3a3032655a8c08cc.jpeg

7BCFCA93-AD3F-45F4-B512-5A3B987DE63B.thumb.jpeg.9d94961a9db98bca7a8413f572b09aef.jpeg

17686D54-D323-410D-9A12-34E11A07870E.thumb.jpeg.f027f5b66297ca2df88f42843a6fb75d.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Interesting. But perhaps explains, weeks back, her teasing that something new and exciting would be coming in the new year with Rachel. (I didn't make the connection based solely on her statement. Rachel?) Find UM's syrup-y friendships with other Q hosts and staff to be off-putting. Very disingenuous. I know Rachel more for her years doing weather on the local NBC in LA. With so many hosts in the Q corral and watching less of their programming (don't even have access to Q2 except occasionally online), had forgotten RB even worked there.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Booney said:

Oh dear, Janie thinks she’s dressed like a rock star for Jane’s Rock Stars. The opening shot was of her “rocking it out” under the neon lights. This outfit’s going in the photo file for the next fashion poll! What’s with her wearing boots with every outfit? Then the Doughboy showed up in a leather jacket. It’s gonna be a long two hours...

28CE8F63-E63F-4B15-B35E-CD9FD99BA434.thumb.jpeg.6937265df1debc3a3a3032655a8c08cc.jpeg

7BCFCA93-AD3F-45F4-B512-5A3B987DE63B.thumb.jpeg.9d94961a9db98bca7a8413f572b09aef.jpeg

17686D54-D323-410D-9A12-34E11A07870E.thumb.jpeg.f027f5b66297ca2df88f42843a6fb75d.jpeg

That outfit

• Like 8

Good Lord, what demographic are they playing to?  Will and Grace thirty years later?

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 14

22 minutes ago, Booney said:

Ummm......what's going on in this picture? 

(Has Erin been alerted - she's Mr. Dumbass' wife?  I'm assuming that Mr. Treacy already knows his wife is a whack-a-doodle).

• Like 9

OMG!  I finally get it.  Jeff, whatever his name is, is trying to recreate a show from his last gig at JTV. 

Rockafellas!  Instead of two weirdo guys, though, it's Weirdo Jane and Boring Jeff!

Rock on, dudes and dudettes!

• Like 7

I couldn't figure out WHY they were both in leather, then I checked out the title of the show.  Yah, they are "rockin'  it" in their leather.  I actually prefer Casual Jeff to Suit Jeff (is that his name?), but JRT of course has to overdo it all.  SMH

• Like 4

I'm so embarrassed for them, and I don't even personally know them.  How horribly, awfully wrong.  

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Love the American Girl doll sized jacket, especially paired with her "Summer Green" Denim and Frumpy dress.

• Like 9

Just now, BecomingLimited said:

Love the American Girl doll sized jacket, especially paired with her "Summer Green" Denim and Frumpy dress.

everything there is all wrong together , 

• Like 9

19 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Drag queen achievement unlocked.

May I just say, as someone who plays a lot of games, that I absolutely howled at this comment! 😂😂😂

• Like 7

Is Jane supposed to be rockin' that Obi belt?  Please don't tell me they are doing all this to sell gemstones?

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Greg does have a manly story: during the shower curtain presentation he actually cut himself on one of those nasty, old fashioned shower rings-blood was shed on air.  He loves to tell that story.

Female host swoons at mention of blood!

Unless he can top taking a shower during the beginning days of a menstrual period, no swooning will be occurring in this neck of the woods. 😒

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Booney said:

giphy.gif

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Aren’t they both so mad cool?

E651FC38-2DFD-4EDF-B79C-E7F8021ED1E0.thumb.jpeg.2fd93eec1afe8c7e3ad41b38cbf9b2bd.jpeg

These are the kind of parents that embarrass their kids.

• Like 21

Serious question here, with absolutely no judgement attached.  

I see that many of you absolutely hate most of the people on QVC (“talent” and vendors alike).

Can you share with me what the motivation might be to spend hours and hours watching something that is irritating?

Thanks in advance for helping me to understand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caminlaca said:

Interesting. But perhaps explains, weeks back, her teasing that something new and exciting would be coming in the new year with Rachel. (I didn't make the connection based solely on her statement. Rachel?) Find UM's syrup-y friendships with other Q hosts and staff to be off-putting. Very disingenuous. I know Rachel more for her years doing weather on the local NBC in LA. With so many hosts in the Q corral and watching less of their programming (don't even have access to Q2 except occasionally online), had forgotten RB even worked there.

I think Kerstin allows Rachel as a friend because she is (to dumb dumb Kerstank anyway) older, not sexy, has no kids to compete with, can't compete with K's figure (I beg to differ), can't currently complete with K's position in the Q-pile. 

I imagine most of the female hosts do not have or make good friends. Personally I would cross the street if I saw Caro or Kerstank coming, that is how toxic I find them to be. Rachel, Nancy, and a few others might be okay. And Ant would be great. Most I would only feel safe observing from a safe distance. 

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Chucklehead said:

I see that many of you absolutely hate most of the people on QVC (“talent” and vendors alike).

Can you share with me what the motivation might be to spend hours and hours watching something that is irritating?

Many of us don't actually sit and watch. We keep the channel on for background noise while doing something else, and glance up occasionally to see what's on.  Many of us are customers and we try to sit through some of the TV crap to hear more about a product we're interested in -- that is, until we give up on the hosts' behavior and just go browse the website.

As far as people on this forum are concerned, a lot of us hate-watch the shows for their high snarkable content. Then we come here and have fun joking around.

• Like 24

Is it the strange, dog collar tie of her blue top, its unfortunate one-shouldered cut, or the pathetic stringy hair that's making Sandra the Beautiful look like a no-neck wonder tonight?

• Like 3

On 8/3/2018 at 5:11 PM, Chucklehead said:

New to this forum.  Can those of you who have been here describe the initial motivation for creating a snark site like this?  Some of you are kind of funny.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, DownTheShore said:

Welcome, Chucklehead! Have a cookie! ??

We used to be a thread on the Genre talk forum about Shopping Channels as a whole, but participation was so active (we hit a thousand pages fast) that PTV broke us out into our own subforum, with more specific thread topics.

It's not all snark, but the antics on the various shopping channels lend themselves naturally to it. Collectively we refer to ourselves as the Sparkly Snarkers; spouses and significant others who also watch the channels and who make pithy comments are given membership in the Sparkly Snarkers' Spouses Auxilliary. There are no dues and all are welcome. We are respectful of each other's opinions even when we don't agree with them. Obvious trolls are ignored and mod action is requested to correct their evil ways. 

2 hours ago, Chucklehead said:

See my previous response to you from August 2018, in addition to Coffeecup's further explanation. 😎

• Like 16

EWW - watching the Westmore Beauty OAP try to wiggle her bare foot into her (no doubt) costly pumps on camera while "selling" - she almost got it.  Why are hose so despised? Are mine the only tootsies that develop an unappealing reek after a few hours in closed-toe/heel shoes?  I've noticed that in the UK, most women still wear "stockings" with such shoes & look so much better groomed, IMO.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

I think Kerstin allows Rachel as a friend because she is (to dumb dumb Kerstank anyway) older, not sexy, has no kids to compete with, can't compete with K's figure (I beg to differ), can't currently complete with K's position in the Q-pile. 

I imagine most of the female hosts do not have or make good friends. Personally I would cross the street if I saw Caro or Kerstank coming, that is how toxic I find them to be. Rachel, Nancy, and a few others might be okay. And Ant would be great. Most I would only feel safe observing from a safe distance. 

Rachel also has seemed to be a free babysitter for her. There have been suggestions that she might play for the other team (I have no problem if she does) so if so, then she wouldn't be perceived as a threat that might lure the Lobster's attention away from Pubic Bone.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, telemachus2 said:

Is it the strange, dog collar tie of her blue top, its unfortunate one-shouldered cut, or the pathetic stringy hair that's making Sandra the Beautiful look like a no-neck wonder tonight?

I don't think those 'scarf/tie/twillys' flatter anyone, and just look silly.

Or like you're trying to hide crepey neck. 

Every skincare line with a cr@p neck cream !!!!!!!!! STAT ! LOL

Unfortunate hair too.

3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Trying to discern what Alberti thinks about Denese's sacs...

Screenshot (424).png

Screenshot (426).png

Not ballsy enuff 4 him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

• Like 6

Isaac M just annoys the sh!t out of me. Ugh !

And I 'play for the other team', as DTS charmingly described Rachel upthread.

So mincing, I would run in the other direction if I met him IRL.

But I feel the same way about Loco chick too.   :)

Edited by 7EasyPayments · Reason: typo
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Poor Jacks.  What an unfair side-by-side.  Is it me or does she look like some of her weight is creeping back?

Screenshot (430).png

Gourmet Holiday ! In the K......................... someone has to eat the demo food !!!!!!!!!! LOL

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I'm so embarrassed for them, and I don't even personally know them.  How horribly, awfully wrong.  

How did she manage to brainwash her daughters for them to actually be seen with her?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Poor Jacks.  What an unfair side-by-side.  Is it me or does she look like some of her weight is creeping back?

Screenshot (430).png

Jackie looks slimmer in some outfits than in others, so it is hard to know.  I do think she has lost some weight or toned up.  

• Like 5

Watching Isaac tonight...forgot about this new change up in the schedule.  I'm recovering from the Flu...take good care people!  This flu knocked me on my butt for nearly two whole weeks!  Very bad.  I can't remember the last time I was THIS sick (fluctuating fever for days...chills...cough...the works!).   It really caught me off guard.  A good reminder that I need to slow down and take better care of myself.  Finally feeling better :) 

Now back to Q stuff.  That dress on Jackie...very matronly on her.  And she definitely needed some hose and a bit of a heel (those flats didn't help).  Frumpy.  When Isaac asked her to remove the sweater, I thought, uh oh.  Jackie is one of those Q models who is so inconsistent...can look good in some things, and then, so much heavier in other clothing items.  It's strange. 

Personally, I like stockings/pantyhose.  I know most women refuse to wear them anymore.  I think it completes/polishes off the look.  Most women in my age group don't wear them, but if I wear a dress or a skirt, I always wear them (or even opaque tights).  

OMG...Amy and her salmon comment!  She used to say the "L" when saying the word in the past.  What???  She can't be that dumb.  Can she?  That whole exchange with Isaac.  It was like a Shawn moment.

• Like 4