SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

23 hours ago, Goldmoon said:

Tara's stand-in is her sister, Lisa. The resemblance is familial. 

I really like DV, however he HAS become a caricature of himself. I wish he would dial back the southern "charm."

aaaah mystery solved!!

14 minutes ago, Booney said:

“Sir Gobes” is getting a lot of air time in the evening hours these days. Is QVC trying to pitch this granny-inspired line to younger viewers? Good luck with that!

BF141316-128A-4501-A7E0-0DA6D114D75B.thumb.jpeg.7bbe99a58a1e35010677b5958aa4369f.jpeg

Definitely trying. I saw Deanna as a model. "D&C Studio"

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 5

Sir Gobes! LOL. The Goebster  needs to hire someone to hit Shawn in the face with a pie on air for that little ditty.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

She never name-drops where she shops when she's wearing one of those get-ups. I don't follow her social media; perhaps she makes a mention there for a discount, or a rental?

Maybe she's got a side business as a consignment shop owner? LOL

I noticed that you're relatively new here too, and I can't remember if I welcomed you before, so if not, welcome! 🍪😊

Cookies and greetings to all the newbies and the lurkers!

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 😁

Thank you for the greetings. Long time lurker, first times posting. Lol

Love coming here for comic relief.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Tshopstoo said:

So glad you're here!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tshopstoo said:

Welcome!  This is a fun place!

• Like 5

E4F4428D-5819-45EA-917B-AA6B43A99725.jpeg.df7ab50c7f82943c339ea1e361823ffd.jpegCE08E1DD-266E-4EAA-AB33-F164886BBF79.jpeg.76526c1c647a68acc8279f5dac5c4a93.jpegApparently, mama Grendel and daughter go to the same hairdresser as Tova. You know... the one who specializes in skunk streaks.

• Like 15

51 minutes ago, Booney said:

“Sir Gobes” is getting a lot of air time in the evening hours these days. Is QVC trying to pitch this granny-inspired line to younger viewers? Good luck with that!

BF141316-128A-4501-A7E0-0DA6D114D75B.thumb.jpeg.7bbe99a58a1e35010677b5958aa4369f.jpeg

Especially with grandpa hawking it !

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Tshopstoo said:

Let me add another welcome, @Tshopstoo - glad you joined us!

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Happy Suzi Duzi said:

The Lamas hair guy - who the heck would buy any product he's selling.  How old is that man and the jet black dyed hair.  

I caught the end of that. Ames said he was 74.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, potatochips said:

E4F4428D-5819-45EA-917B-AA6B43A99725.jpeg.df7ab50c7f82943c339ea1e361823ffd.jpegCE08E1DD-266E-4EAA-AB33-F164886BBF79.jpeg.76526c1c647a68acc8279f5dac5c4a93.jpegApparently, mama Grendel and daughter go to the same hairdresser as Tova. You know... the one who specializes in skunk streaks.

They must use the same makeup artist too. Heavy black eyeliner & black shadow, big false eyelashes. Eyes so black it looks like they have holes in their heads.

• Like 9

Hosts get an "allowance" towards their "necessary" wardrobe.  Don't know how they declare it (sounds like income to me), but I digress;

If they can wear it on-air, they can use the allowance.  In the part months that $ has been reduced, but Hosts also have use of the models'

wardrobe room (women, of course).  They can borrow any accessories or clothes that are made available to models for styling.

Robertson was famous for raiding the models' closet and "forgetting" to return her favorites.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Booney said:

With gramps and Aimes who looks fresh off the Love Boat with that hair-good luck!

• Like 9

9 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

No, she cannot deduct that. I can't see any reason for the hosts to be LLCs except to avoid taxes, which wouldn't be a good decision in my mind.

Thanks for the info, LD!

• Like 3

A mild rant:

I am so over the cold-shoulder look; it also seems especially dumb in January in the Northeast.

ETA: I'm also tired of seeing women's clavicles, too. All those surface bones and neck strings creep me out.

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, potatochips said:

Daughter-Gendel lookin' a little "droopy".  Mama must be wearing the better bra...   much more of a "lift".

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Happy Suzi Duzi said:

The Lamas hair guy - who the heck would buy any product he's selling.  How old is that man and the jet black dyed hair.  

he "73 and has as much hair as when he was young". good grief and it's the same color 

where do they get these people , the male Sally O'Mally

• Like 8

I just don't get why Q is assigning shows to the hosts.  We have Amy's Closet, Carolyn's Fun House Mirror Closet, In the Garage with Dan, Mary's Closet, Kerstain's Closet, Jayne and Pat's Closet, Down Home with David, Jane's Rock Stars, Beauty with Sandra and Alberti, AM Style with Leah, Your Home with Jill, In the Kitchen with Mary.  I don't give a rat's ass about what's in anyone's closet or garage or kitchen.  I just can't understand, other than pandering to the huddled masses who have some kind of Jones with certain hosts, why they have to assign hosts names to their shows.  

• Like 14

53 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I just don't get why Q is assigning shows to the hosts.  We have Amy's Closet, Carolyn's Fun House Mirror Closet, In the Garage with Dan, Mary's Closet, Kerstain's Closet, Jayne and Pat's Closet, Down Home with David, Jane's Rock Stars, Beauty with Sandra and Alberti, AM Style with Leah, Your Home with Jill, In the Kitchen with Mary.  I don't give a rat's ass about what's in anyone's closet or garage or kitchen.  I just can't understand, other than pandering to the huddled masses who have some kind of Jones with certain hosts, why they have to assign hosts names to their shows.  

You forgot Shoe Shopping with Jane While Wearing the Most Hideous Outfits Evah

• Like 20

Did anyone catch any of Stacey’s cooking show on Q2 last night ? I saw some of it, and she was quite good. She actually did some cooking, and seems comfortable in the kitchen.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Exactly. The other thing that annoys me is the verbiage that they use, terms like "Hot Pick", "Top Value", "Special Value". I call BS on all that. I use to think there were good values on gold and silver jewelry 25 years ago when I first started watching. The quality and value are just not there now.

Since I'm on a rant, I can hardly stand to watch PM style. First, I would like to know what the size demographic is of the majority of Q customers. Typically, they parade out four models plus Any Shtran (who can't even pronounce her own name) who are all wearing the Extra Extra Small. Then, Ellen takes one for the size 10 gals (though Ellen is 5'10" and looks quite slender in a 10). Finally they usually have one slightly chubby short model for the petite girls. I can't believe that line-up is indicative of their customer base.

Edited by potatochips
  • Like 13

3 minutes ago, potatochips said:

Exactly. The other thing that annoys me is the verbiage that they use, terms like "Hot Pick", "Top Value", "Special Value". I call BS on all that. I use to think there were good values on gold and silver jewelry 25 years ago when I first started watching. The quality and value are just not there now.

Since I'm on a rant, I can hardly stand to watch PM style. First, I would like to know what the size demographic is of the majority of Q customers. Typically, they parade out four models plus Any Shtran (who can't even pronounce her own name) who are all wearing the Extra Extra Small. Then, Ellen takes one for the size 10 gals (though Ellen is 5'10" and looks quite slender in a 10). Finally they usually have one slightly chubby shirt model for the petite girls. I can't believe that line-up is indicative of their customer base.

QVC is hanging on to the old fashion industry tradition of using skinny models.

• Like 3

A model who is 5'8" (my current height, down from 5'9", sigh) or above and is wearing a top that is XXS, always makes me laugh. Most people in the US in that height range have more meat on their bones. Those models have to look basically anorexic in real life, especially since the camera adds weight. They have as much relevance to my purchasing decision as does the hanger the clothes are hanging on.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Maybe it's setting them up as celebrities since this country is so in awe of anyone in the public eye.  

• Like 9

16 hours ago, potatochips said:

Goodness the chunky"highlights" are ugly. I think those are just extensions. Clip in highlights.

7 hours ago, Day2Day said:

Daughter-Gendel lookin' a little "droopy".  Mama must be wearing the better bra...   much more of a "lift".

I actually mistook her for her mom momentarily! lol. I'm not one of those folks who thinks breasts should be under the chin ( hate that look) but hers are sitting quite low to be in a bra. They must be at her navel without one. I guess she's bustier than she looks.

Just noticed she has a turtle neck... those tend to make the boobs look low. Any high neck top does it. You have to hitch them up higher to make up for the high neck top lol.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 6

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, caminlaca said:

Don't really recall DV doing the 'retro' shows and have, thankfully, managed to avoid his more recent 'bigger is better' silliness.

Having seen some of Alberti's FB vids and pics showcasing his decorating skills, he's truly in another league. (Not my taste but the guy is mad talented.)

By contrast, while Jill has some nice ideas....'nice' being the operative word...to me her Home shows are nothing more than her ability to present and sell home items (which she's paid to do) rather than imparting ideas based on actual ability or expertise. The Q's version of what can easily be found on Pinterest but she's been afforded that platform. I've never had a 'Wow, I'd never have thought of that!' or 'That's amazing!' moment while watching her Home shows but I'm sure she has a following by those who appreciate what she has to offer. (When I've watched, I'm usually distracted by her choice of attire.) Having said that, had DV's show been his version of what JB does, I'm fairly certain it would've been met with a favorable response and been welcomed by regular viewers. Perhaps there was a combination of factors that resulted in my enjoying him with VPH and hoping his new show would showcase the same tenor which I found quite delightful (which is not an adjective I thought I'd ever ascribe to DV).

I'm not sure, but I think that retro show had David's name in the title, though I can't remember what it was....As I recall, he presented things like 1950's-type sleigh figurines as well as old-school Santas, none of them with those exploitative BIG BIG BIG proportions.  Everything (including Diva) was relatively laid-back.

Re:  Frau -- well, as a lover of all things coastal, nautical, beachy, whatever one wants to call it, lol, I can certainly count on her to immediately reference this style when a piece has merely the wisp of an oceanic color profile, even if it's in Jill's own mind.   Have to say I do appreciate Frau's ability to bandy about creative ideas although I agree with you about Jill's actual design credentials.  The woman certainly does love to toot her own horn but frankly out of all the hosts paired with VPH I like Jill the most.  Valerie genuinely seems to appreciate her "contributions" (whatever they really are) 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

At least we know who is hosting the show!  (And can NOT watch it!)

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

At least we know who is hosting the show!  (And can NOT watch it!)

True, but we can also check the program guide to see who is hosting.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

I'm not sure, but I think that retro show had David's name in the title, though I can't remember what it was....As I recall, he presented things like 1950's-type sleigh figurines as well as old-school Santas, none of them with those exploitative BIG BIG BIG proportions.  Everything (including Diva) was relatively laid-back.

Re:  Frau -- well, as a lover of all things coastal, nautical, beachy, whatever one wants to call it, lol, I can certainly count on her to immediately reference this style when a piece has merely the wisp of an oceanic color profile, even if it's in Jill's own mind.   Have to say I do appreciate Frau's ability to bandy about creative ideas although I agree with you about Jill's actual design credentials.  The woman certainly does love to toot her own horn but frankly out of all the hosts paired with VPH I like Jill the most.  Valerie genuinely seems to appreciate her "contributions" (whatever they really are) 

As someone who lives in close proximity to the coast, and with a strong affinity for all things 'coastal,' I embrace the Frau's style leanings. My long-standing decorating colors bear no resemblance to anything related to the sea, sand, et al (I have Pinterest 'Beach/Cottage' categories and a book with so-called 'country' decorating color palettes one of which is 'beach-y'...perhaps in my next life!) so do enjoy JB's ability to remind me of why I can appreciate her choices. Will agree that she pairs nicely with VPH. Some of the hosts are so will-equipped to relate to what VPH offers (not unlike the time Colleen tried to sell viewers on an iron or, even more laughable, when she hosted a crafting show with Martha Stewart).

One who is a master of bandying about any product and selling it is Bill Green. Could see where he'd have excelled at a home dec type show. At some point, years back, seem to recall vid of his condo and it was garishly done in lots of red, black, chrome and glass (may have even had white carpet!!). Nicely appointed but felt cold, austere and contrary to how he comes across, as a person. Despite that, would not hold his personal style against him if he were fortunate enough to be in a position to offer decorating advice.

Edited by caminlaca
  • Like 4

Re: David's, or Valerie's, or Jill's or any other host's design talent.

I haven't seen anything that demonstrates to me that any of them have any real interior design skills. Even the few pics I've seen of their homes showed nothing special.

String lights in a jar? OK. What's special about that? Large clocks or art work to fill wall space? OK That's no great decor choice. And I find everything they do to be "over decorated" with "things" that aren't even new decor elements.  It's actually dated design. Old and passe.

I've followed the work of some really creative designers  -- and watched design shows on HGTV and Ion Life -- and other home decor shows and channels for decades.  As long as hosts try to snow me by saying that the decor items they're selling at the moment on QVC are what inform their interior design choices, I really just can't accept anything say as valid. A figurine vignette on a mantel? THAT is your decor suggestion? Just. stop. it.

(A really good decor and interior design show to watch is "TopTen" on Ion Life......As in Top Ten living rooms. or Top Ten kitchens, or Top Ten libraries or Top Ten family rooms. It's very high-end, custom, best of the best, money is no object oriented. But some of the best design ideas have come from design-on-a-budget shows, like Room by Room, Designed to Sell, Decorating Cents, Designers Challenge, Designing for the Sexes, and Fixer Upper, and Stagers.)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 7

Can I just say it? I’m sick of Tova! Tired of her moldy old Hollywood stories, tired of Ernie’s picture propped next to her, tired of her cadaver-like appearance and Bride of Frankenstein hair. Time for her to go home and count her money.

3866F010-356C-4C1B-AEB8-E90AB002ECA7.thumb.jpeg.7428f8efe38f902852c679fe7d8e3f8f.jpeg

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, Booney said:

Can I just say it? I’m sick of Tova! Tired of her moldy old Hollywood stories, tired of Ernie’s picture propped next to her, tired of her cadaver-like appearance and Bride of Frankenstein hair. Time for her to go home and count her money.

3866F010-356C-4C1B-AEB8-E90AB002ECA7.thumb.jpeg.7428f8efe38f902852c679fe7d8e3f8f.jpeg

Again, I must say "Preach!"

...there's a theme here, I guess.  I'm tired of everything the Q has to offer.  Except the snark, of course!

• Like 7

21 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

With gramps and Aimes who looks fresh off the Love Boat with that hair-good luck!

That's funny. I was thinking she looks like something out of the original Perry Mason or 77 Sunset Strip. Very young and trendy (/sarcasm)

Seriously? The idea that any teen, 20-something or 30-something would sit around watching tv to buy clothes (or anything else, for that matter)  OR buy anything QVC sells is hilarious. Who does QVC's market research? 

20190115_213300.jpg

Edited by AdeleDazeem · Reason: Added picture
  • Like 15

9 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

A model who is 5'8" (my current height, down from 5'9", sigh) or above and is wearing a top that is XXS, always makes me laugh. Most people in the US in that height range have more meat on their bones. Those models have to look basically anorexic in real life, especially since the camera adds weight. They have as much relevance to my purchasing decision as does the hanger the clothes are hanging on.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard a host describe something as "cute, little, (insert any article of clothing ie top,shirt,dress,jacket etc.) . I think the last time I could wear anything cute and little was when I was 12, lol.

• Like 7

I don't even know if I can say this, but I am going to.  Could someone please explain to me why we can no longer discuss  the hostess who left QVC a few years ago and has her own website??? There used to be a forum just about her, but no longer.  What am I missing??

• Like 2

Avoid it like the plague. I made the mistake about mentioning that she had a thread on the qvc community site and that was enough for me to get reprimanded here.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Booney said:

We don’t need to hear about Ernie, Jean, or Joan. Let’s just move on.

• Like 11

Just now, Lady J said:

We don’t need to hear about Ernie, Jean, or Joan. Let’s just move on.

The Q is haunted by ghosts.💀

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Tova is Ovah!

• Like 14

Don't care for Jane's shortie puffed sleeves. That top looks childish. The color (brown? brownish burgundy?) is not flattering.

Tova looks elegant, but I do agree she looks like a relic from the past. Her hairstyle is not all that bad, but the big stripes ruin it. I wish my hair was that thick.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Tova is Ovah!

rovMAGY.gif     Good one !!

• Like 6

Do we have a fact sheet that Qurate is even trying to attract younger viewers?

I googled it and nada.

Talked about Netflix and younger viewers.

The Q needs to stream on Netflix.

What the Q showcases wouldn't interest the youth from any era (If they had broadcast in other eras)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Tova is Ovah!

The Nest lady is quickly morphing into Tova with the same adulation from all the hosts and I'm sure will soon replace her.  The hosts bow at her presence and she tells the same "moldy" stories like Tova does during her presentations of men chasing her down the streets to find out what fragrance she's wearing.  During her last presentation she said a man asked her on an elevator what she was wearing even with Mr. Slatkin along side her and it made Mr. Slatkin very very jealous!!!  Tsk, tsk, tsk . . . She even said that the Nest body cream makes her skin look so much younger and in case you didn't know she turned 60! at the end of December.  I'm sure you are surprised since you didn't think she looked a day over 30.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 11

I don’t mind Tova.   Love hearing about old Hollywood.   She is looking older each time I see her which is sad.   I remember her in her hey day.   She was one elegant lady.  

If the Nest lady is 60, then she looks pretty good for her age.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

The Nest lady is quickly morphing into Tova with the same adulation from all the hosts and I'm sure will soon replace her.  The hosts bow at her presence and she tells the same "moldy" stories like Tova does during her presentations of men chasing her down the streets to find out what fragrance she's wearing.  During her last presentation she said a man asked her on an elevator what she was wearing even with Mr. Slatkin along side her and it made Mr. Slatkin very very jealous!!!  Tsk, tsk, tsk . . . She even said that the Nest body cream makes her skin look so much younger and in case you didn't know she turned 60! at the end of December.  I'm sure you are surprised since you didn't think she looked a day over 30.

Surprised. Thought it was her hairstyle that turned 60.

...........and if someone can smell your perfume in the elevator you have on too damn much fragrance. Gagging just thinking about it. 

Wearing too much fragrance in the elevator is just as bad as farting in the elevator.

Edited by rocketinu
  • Like 18

Did anyone catch the show with Nick Chavez and Kim Gravel with MBR hosting?   What a train wreck.  My head hurts after watching only ten minutes.   I don’t know why they have to team the two together in one show.   Nick is fine on his own.  Kim is just irritating.   I cannot stand listening to her and her pearls of wisdom.  She’s morphing into Jeanne Bice but YMMV.  

MBR next show was with Catherine Zeta Jones.   Both woman were dressed elegantly which I did appreciate.   

• Like 12

I've heard NestHead with the elevator story before.

And she has other tales of men following her and sniffing.

So you're a man magnet and all you manage to latch on to is Harry?

• Like 13

So you're a man magnet and all you manage to latch on to is Harry?

I have to admit -- that made me chuckle.:)

• Like 10