SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Is that woman who stands in for Tara Temptation chosen to look EXACTLY like Tara herself?

And am I the only person in the world to think they look like Ramona Singer from RHONY?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

I remember not that long ago David used to do this "retro" style Christmas show and the producers weren't exploiting his "bigness" then -- as I recall the products presented were normal sized and DV didn't seem as, for lack of a better word, desperate, back then.

I don't, however, really think of Venable as any sort of amateur decorator the way Alberti seems to be.  David says his favorite colors are brown and black, and apparently that's how he likes his kitchen and bedroom.  More, it seems, of a traditional manly vibe; i.e. boring, lol.

I agree with you about ITKWD -- I haven't seen him with Valerie but imagine it would be refreshingly enjoyable.

Don't really recall DV doing the 'retro' shows and have, thankfully, managed to avoid his more recent 'bigger is better' silliness.

Having seen some of Alberti's FB vids and pics showcasing his decorating skills, he's truly in another league. (Not my taste but the guy is mad talented.)

By contrast, while Jill has some nice ideas....'nice' being the operative word...to me her Home shows are nothing more than her ability to present and sell home items (which she's paid to do) rather than imparting ideas based on actual ability or expertise. The Q's version of what can easily be found on Pinterest but she's been afforded that platform. I've never had a 'Wow, I'd never have thought of that!' or 'That's amazing!' moment while watching her Home shows but I'm sure she has a following by those who appreciate what she has to offer. (When I've watched, I'm usually distracted by her choice of attire.) Having said that, had DV's show been his version of what JB does, I'm fairly certain it would've been met with a favorable response and been welcomed by regular viewers. Perhaps there was a combination of factors that resulted in my enjoying him with VPH and hoping his new show would showcase the same tenor which I found quite delightful (which is not an adjective I thought I'd ever ascribe to DV).

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Burly said:

Is that woman who stands in for Tara Temptation chosen to look EXACTLY like Tara herself?

And am I the only person in the world to think they look like Ramona Singer from RHONY?

I don't get that one either. I wonder if they're secretly related??! If not it's eerie how much they look alike. And who's idea was that, finding a lookalike???

• Like 6

Anyone else annoyed by the spurtle demos when the OAP (Lucinda?), in her effort to sell users on using one utensil when making a dish, 'cross contaminates' the ingredients? Scoop tuna out of the can, and then, with the same spurtle, dig into a jar of mayo (thereby introducing tuna into the mayo jar). She's made banana bread doing similar. Yuck. (And a potential issue when dealing with raw eggs.) I'd rather rinse off a few spoons and be safe, rather than sorry.

• Like 12

43 minutes ago, SnowDazed said:

I don't get that one either. I wonder if they're secretly related??! If not it's eerie how much they look alike. And who's idea was that, finding a lookalike???

The same person who hired Sandra...then Cathy P...then Ali Carr...

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Booney said:

The same person who hired Sandra...then Cathy P...then Ali Carr...

Ali doesn't strike me as a Sandra clone although I think that was what was intended, regardless. Ali is more of an Alex Butler type but if she slimmed down a few she might be a Cathy clone.

But Sandra, Nancy, and Cathy are all eerily similar ( they look like sisters, I saw Cathy standing with Nancy once and the resemblance was striking!) and it seems whoever keeps trying to recreate Sandra has not stopped yet. I think someone up there has a serious obsession with Sandra. I can't help but wonder if it's a love/stalker type obsession or if this person just thinks she has the right look to make good sales. I have a feeling its the former lol.

I also wonder if Sandra has noticed it yet LOLOLOL. There were no Sandra's pre Sandra. She's the mold someone is trying to duplicate obv.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I guess viewers of those time slots enjoy second-hand stress and agitation.

Saw an item today from D & co. offered up to size 5x. Gravuh mentioned she will be adding 4x and 5x too. Can't picture Amy and/or Kerstank relating to what must be an important (dare I say lucrative) group of shoppers. Not to mention the Q has no models larger than 1x and the xxs in some lines seem too big for Aims (she does sport a camel toe in others...size up or cover up).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, caminlaca said:

Anyone else annoyed by the spurtle demos when the OAP (Lucinda?), in her effort to sell users on using one utensil when making a dish, 'cross contaminates' the ingredients? Scoop tuna out of the can, and then, with the same spurtle, dig into a jar of mayo (thereby introducing tuna into the mayo jar). She's made banana bread doing similar. Yuck. (And a potential issue when dealing with raw eggs.) I'd rather rinse off a few spoons and be safe, rather than sorry.

Just the "word" spurtle annoys me.  Combine that with an ignoramus who double dips - well, that's just begging me to be the next Keith Morrison Dateline unsub.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

Saw an item today from D & co. offered up to size 5x. Gravuh mentioned she will be adding 4x and 5x too. Can't picture Amy and/or Kerstank relating to what must be an important (dare I say lucrative) group of shoppers. Not to mention the Q has no models larger than 1x and the xxs in some lines seem too big for Aims (she does sport a camel toe in others...size up or cover up).

Good for QVC, though, for offering all sizes of clothing at the same price. It's got to cost more to make a garment in 5x than in XXS; more fabric and thread.

Well, on second thought, maybe I'm being too complimentary to Q. Most retailers don't charge more for larger sizes. Shoes are always the same price too regardless of size.  Rings cost the same regardless of size too. I guess the sellers factor all the costs of different sizes into their markup.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Good for QVC, though, for offering all sizes of clothing at the same price. It's got to cost more to make a garment in 5x than in XXS; more fabric and thread.

Well, on second thought, maybe I'm being too complimentary to Q. Most retailers don't charge more for larger sizes. Shoes are always the same price too regardless of size.  Rings cost the same regardless of size too. I guess the sellers factor all the costs of different sizes into their markup.

It's nice, though, that the 4X and 5X women are going to get a chance to get clothing that something other than what's offered at Walmart and its ilk, or else having to pay really jacked-up prices at specialty stores. 

I know someone who is larger than me (I'm in 3X) and I've never seen her wear a winter coat; she wears ponchos in the winter. I have always had difficult time getting a properly-fitting winter coat; her solution has been ponchos and capes.

🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

2 hours ago, SnowDazed said:

Ali doesn't strike me as a Sandra clone although I think that was what was intended, regardless. Ali is more of an Alex Butler type but if she slimmed down a few she might be a Cathy clone.

But Sandra, Nancy, and Cathy are all eerily similar ( they look like sisters, I saw Cathy standing with Nancy once and the resemblance was striking!) and it seems whoever keeps trying to recreate Sandra has not stopped yet. I think someone up there has a serious obsession with Sandra. I can't help but wonder if it's a love/stalker type obsession or if this person just thinks she has the right look to make good sales. I have a feeling its the former lol.

I also wonder if Sandra has noticed it yet LOLOLOL. There were no Sandra's pre Sandra. She's the mold someone is trying to duplicate obv.

I have to beg to differ. Sandra has a facial resemblance (even moreso since her various facial tweaks) to #aformerhost. Someone at the Q has had the hots for this look for a looong time...

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, caminlaca said:

Has she ever heard of a dishwasher? You know, use a spoon, put it into the dishwasher, then use a clean spoon from the drawer, put it into the dishwasher. Stupid.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, caminlaca said:

I wouldn’t do it IRL but it just to demonstrate how to use them

unless u think the viewer will they can do the same 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I have to beg to differ. Sandra has a facial resemblance (even moreso since her various facial tweaks) to #aformerhost. Someone at the Q has had the hots for this look for a looong time...

You think so???

Hmmmmmmm....

• Like 3

On 1/12/2019 at 2:25 PM, Booney said:

Good Lord! Where does Blabby find these dresses?? Can I declare a winner of the next fashion poll six months early?

7FB1B78F-C379-4FBB-B006-FBEB586A83DC.thumb.jpeg.6d9059810f81584966db990c84de4eff.jpeg

ACBE4FA7-B480-48D3-82B2-573DCB05763E.thumb.jpeg.73845fc97db888593f78c3d47aa0b634.jpeg

I hope she didn’t pay for that mess.

• Like 7

Tara's stand-in is her sister, Lisa. The resemblance is familial. 

I really like DV, however he HAS become a caricature of himself. I wish he would dial back the southern "charm."

Edited by Goldmoon
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Goldmoon said:

I really like DV, however he HAS become a caricature of himself. I wish he would dial back the southern "charm."

That's happened to several hosts, both current and former. They get "typecast" in their Q personas and just make it worse.

• Like 6

On January 12, 2019 at 1:25 PM, Booney said:

Good Lord! Where does Blabby find these dresses?? Can I declare a winner of the next fashion poll six months early?

7FB1B78F-C379-4FBB-B006-FBEB586A83DC.thumb.jpeg.6d9059810f81584966db990c84de4eff.jpeg

ACBE4FA7-B480-48D3-82B2-573DCB05763E.thumb.jpeg.73845fc97db888593f78c3d47aa0b634.jpeg

Horrible.

• Like 5

I know her dress looks nothing like it, but I see her saying "bibbidi bobbidi boo" in this picture. 

20190114_002042.jpg

• Like 17

Rick was hosting his new "show" at 10pm EST with Jasmine (Courtney). He said he was a baby boomer and she was a millenial and he was going to be quizzed on "words millenial use" later on in the show.  It is so obvious what they are trying to do here! Don't think it's going to work on a Sunday night.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Rick was hosting his new "show" at 10pm EST with Jasmine (Courtney). He said he was a baby boomer and she was a millenial and he was going to be quizzed on "words millenial use" later on in the show.  It is so obvious what they are trying to do here! Don't think it's going to work on a Sunday night.

courtney K's start is def on the rise her sales must be good

• Like 9

On 1/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Booney said:

From the gift shop at Euro-Disney. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Booney said:

I clicked over to the Q to find Alberti doing an hour of Serta - a literal snooze fest. Even the Serta sheep looks bored.

A4C762CF-5001-4A11-87E1-0722ECF25EE3.thumb.jpeg.86584e2f9074155582ffdb86c7ceecb4.jpeg

I love this one! 

Get with it, Geico.

• Like 6

I Googled "hideous dress what was Jane thinking???" and found it:

rtaylor-dress.jpg.50ba86437f5db7fbaad3457b5ac71651.jpg

It's by Rebecca Taylor. I don't think it looks all that better when worn by a 6-foot-tall, 100-pound, 18-year-old model. Also, technically I did not Google "hideous dress what was Jane thinking???" Actually I Googled "velvet bodice metallic dress."

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

Actually I Googled "velvet bodice metallic dress."

718079d974_shadow_combo_alt2.thumb.jpg.ec1fad9872f80b4ce768bfba7d48b335.jpg

On the The Rebecca Taylor website:

FREE SHIPPING ON THIS ITEM

GLISTENING ROSE VELVET DRESS

ITEM NO. 718079D974

$357.00 reduced from $595.00 (edited)

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

It's by Rebecca Taylor. I don't think it looks all that better when worn by a 6-foot-tall, 100-pound, 18-year-old model. Also, technically I did not Google "hideous dress what was Jane thinking???" Actually I Googled "velvet bodice metallic dress."

That dress is over $300 on clearance! I thought it looked cute on the young blond model I saw. Jane obviously has Q magic mirrors installed at home. 

Actually, I think she shares clothes with her daughters. She shouldn’t. 

* that’s the model I saw. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 8

still ugly 

and when you are 50 something and 5 foot even more so, and you guys know I never go there 

Jane what are we going to do with you 

• Like 15

Those sleeves would flatter no one. The mock neck is also terrible. Sorry, but I've never seen anyone look good in a mock neck.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

So I guess we can't blame Angelo for all of her fashion disasters! She finally gets to pick out her own outfit, and this is what she comes up with? Holy velvet bodice, Batman!

• Like 14

Obviously, Jane has way too much disposable income to pay well over $300 for that hideous dress.  I don’t know what’s worse:  Jane actually thinking she looked good enough to go on air in that thing or some designer actually charging $500 for it.   

Just goes to say that a fool and his money is easily parted. 

• Like 16

What gets me is that with her $300, she came up with that!  For $300, there are loads of things out there that would flatter her and be much more body appropriate!

I still don't like the dress itself, but on the taller model, you can see that the style itself was not that bad.  It's supposed to be "flowy", not "sausage casing". 

I bet @LeeDenny is right - she's sharing clothes with her kids!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

What gets me is that with her $300, she came up with that!  For $300, there are loads of things out there that would flatter her and be much more body appropriate!

Fpr $297, I can buy a shitplile of cat food. and still have enough left over to buy a Kohl's clearance oversized tee that looks better.

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Goldmoon said:

Hey, Goldmoon, I don't remember seeing you around much, so welcome! Have a cookie! 🍪😊

I'm another person who likes DV, and totally agree with your comment about him. There's no need for him to play the role so broadly.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Tshopstoo said:

I hope she didn’t pay for that mess.

She never name-drops where she shops when she's wearing one of those get-ups. I don't follow her social media; perhaps she makes a mention there for a discount, or a rental?

Maybe she's got a side business as a consignment shop owner? LOL

I noticed that you're relatively new here too, and I can't remember if I welcomed you before, so if not, welcome! 🍪😊

Cookies and greetings to all the newbies and the lurkers!

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 😁

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kathcart said:

Great detective work!

Interesting point made above re passing the clothes onto a daughter. Does the daughter pick out what she likes and Janie buys it and wears it one time on-air and passes it on?

Who is our tax maven here? Was/is she able to claim it as a business expense that way? I wonder if the hosts' contracts with the Q are straight employment contracts, or if they are an LLC or something contracted to the Q?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Booney said:

I clicked over to the Q to find Alberti doing an hour of Serta - a literal snooze fest. Even the Serta sheep looks bored.

88FF6DDC-13E1-4C73-ACCA-7F3D1A66830F.thumb.jpeg.468e91f092edf3f411757f18219341d9.jpeg

D62096B1-1E39-4860-B2BA-80511EEE27CD.thumb.jpeg.eaf423e14f0b7b36af6bc94303dcc6d8.jpeg

7C69D150-CCE3-4DFD-A397-176349455834.thumb.jpeg.ec8b2e620274df53ea7e2b3ed676290c.jpeg

3ABDE275-69DA-4474-ABF4-6202984E21BC.thumb.jpeg.d0b87186db325507d79bf8765a8a4651.jpeg

A4C762CF-5001-4A11-87E1-0722ECF25EE3.thumb.jpeg.86584e2f9074155582ffdb86c7ceecb4.jpeg

I'm always amused with your snark on fashion but this is so damn funny. You've outdone yourself.

• Like 9

I really think most of these hosts and tv personalities shop higher end because their budget allows and they want to separate themselves from what the "average Jane" can afford unless, of course, they are wearing Q clothes.   They are in a higher tax bracket and need to dress the part.  Years ago, the former Q host who sells Mrs. Prindable's apples was wearing an Ann Taylor sweater that I owned too.  It may have even been from AT The Loft which is even more affordable and I thought maybe she could do better than that.  I've even seen anchor woman wearing Macy's clothing along the Charter Club and Alfani name brands and I thought that was weird.  Look at Lori Grenier, she can step up her game a little.  But also use some fashion sense.  Or they could easily rent these dresses for certain shows.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8

Just because you have money doesn't mean you still don't like to shop at Loft or Macy's. Especially when you're expected to wear something different every day. I know plenty of well to do people who don't flaunt their wealth. Its refreshing to see a news anchor wearing something that you own! Of course, MMV.

• Like 11

You're right, there isn't anything wrong with shopping at more "affordable" stores even if you can afford higher end brands.  I'm not around people that flaunt their brands but some like higher end brands than others and seek them out even when they can't afford to, sadly, I do live in a very brand conscious city and people love their brands and wear them whether they can afford it or not, that's why the bargain basement stores like Marshalls, TJMaxx, Century 21 are always jammed, but I rarely see tv people wearing clothes you see on the streets.  A couple of times I saw tv people wearing H&M clothing which was surprising too.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Fpr $297, I can buy a shitplile of cat food. and still have enough left over to buy a Kohl's clearance oversized tee that looks better.

Lol.  I agree.  Just about anything sold at Kohls looks better than that dress.  

For $300, you’d think she could have found something more flattering and professional.  

I’m just convinced that some of these hosts live in their own Q bubble.  Jane is one of them.  She’s better off wearing Q clothing on air.   It’s bad and ill fitting but still a step up from that dress.  

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Lol.  I agree.  Just about anything sold at Kohls looks better than that dress.  

For $300, you’d think she could have found something more flattering and professional.  

I’m just convinced that some of these hosts live in their own Q bubble.  Jane is one of them.  She’s better off wearing Q clothing on air.   It’s bad and ill fitting but still a step up from that dress.  

My theory is regardless of price , Jane has taste for shit, and no amount of money will cure that. If you have good taste and know what suits you, you can shop almost anywhere and find a nice outfit. JMO.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Kathcart said:

Oy. :( Well, now all her FB followers, who most certainly told her how adorbs she looked in that monstrosity, and wanting to know if it was sold on the Q (if not, 'Where can I get that FAB dress?') can place their orders. Surely it'll sell out just like when one of the Royals is out and about and shoppers quickly snatch up the available inventory of what they're wearing, carrying. Price point, or appearance, are never a consideration when showing one's allegiance as a fan.

• Like 6

“Money can’t buy you class”. 

The Countess was right about that! 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, rcc said:

I'm always amused with your snark on fashion but this is so damn funny. You've outdone yourself.

Thanks, @rcc! I was inspired by that snore fest of a show!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Who is our tax maven here? Was/is she able to claim it as a business expense that way? I wonder if the hosts' contracts with the Q are straight employment contracts, or if they are an LLC or something contracted to the Q?

No, she cannot deduct that. I can't see any reason for the hosts to be LLCs except to avoid taxes, which wouldn't be a good decision in my mind.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, artisto said:

718079d974_shadow_combo_alt2.thumb.jpg.ec1fad9872f80b4ce768bfba7d48b335.jpg

On the The Rebecca Taylor website:

FREE SHIPPING ON THIS ITEM

GLISTENING ROSE VELVET DRESS

ITEM NO. 718079D974

$357.00 reduced from $595.00 (edited)

She sees THIS dress on THAT model and thinks it would be right for her? Palm to forehead.

• Like 12

“Sir Gobes” is getting a lot of air time in the evening hours these days. Is QVC trying to pitch this granny-inspired line to younger viewers? Good luck with that!

BF141316-128A-4501-A7E0-0DA6D114D75B.thumb.jpeg.7bbe99a58a1e35010677b5958aa4369f.jpeg

• Like 12