SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

A Ryka Sneaker: wear this sneaker to help you embrace your New Year's resolution of being more social and engaging more with people.

Yes, wear it to lunch with your sister. 

Wear it over to the new neighbor and invite them to go on a walk..... (I kid you not)

Hell No!  If I'm new in the neighborhood and someone traipses over saying "let's go for a walk", I'm out!

I own those Rykas. I have not gained any new friends since owning them. I should return them.

Edited by LeeDenny · Reason: Bought them on ebay for a lot less.
  • Like 21

6 hours ago, Booney said:

Carolyn throwing shade at Gary this morning - “It was fun watching Gary trying to keep up with Shawn last night.”

Also, she just informed us that the TSV jacket is not in stock - it won’t ship until January 18. I guess the merchandise is arriving on the proverbial slow boat from China?

Huh? QVC chose an item for the TSV which was not even in stock?  That's surprising. I know they plan the TSVs far in advance and something could have unexpectedly gone wrong on the supplier's end at the last minute. However, QVC is a huge company and they should gave their factory orders and logistics systems working a lot better than this. When QVC saw that the original [foreign] supplier would not be able to deliver the jackets to the U.S. on time, they should have had a backup supplier ready to fill the order. It's not like this TSV was some artisan Italian gold jewelry where the manufacturer needs to know ahead of time how many items to make.  This was just regular denim apparel, which QVC buys by the container load..

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Amy may just be sporting an excess of the holidays!!

As many of us are!

• Like 4

Katrina Szish must have been throwing up in her mouth a little while taping these “How to Style Your Denim & Company” segments. 

D5244FFC-652F-44F9-B8DE-5DECEDFEC3A4.thumb.jpeg.497462e91860cd0480f386d26b7fb471.jpeg

44B8FEB1-2AFF-4595-B344-E9D5B01B6D9B.thumb.jpeg.cf01d6f3f09693caca6e0afb838b5545.jpeg

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

Katrina Szish must have been throwing up in her mouth a little while taping these “How to Style Your Denim & Company” segments. 

D5244FFC-652F-44F9-B8DE-5DECEDFEC3A4.thumb.jpeg.497462e91860cd0480f386d26b7fb471.jpeg

44B8FEB1-2AFF-4595-B344-E9D5B01B6D9B.thumb.jpeg.cf01d6f3f09693caca6e0afb838b5545.jpeg

That literally looks like my styling while working in my flower beds.

• Like 15

I wonder if turning the New Hosts into models for these segments is some way to save money, rather than hire the usual pros to do it....it seems very odd to me on some level.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Burly said:

Caro: “I have an athletic calf” 😏

Only one?

~snicker~

💣💣💣💣💣💣💣

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Amy may just be sporting an excess of the holidays!!

Or, middle-age spread has begun....Mwaa-hah-haaa! 😈

Edited by DownTheShore · Reason: Damn auto-merge
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Only one?

~snicker~

Maybe she’s been running a baby cow around her back yard on a leash. Jumping hurdles etc. 

“Hey this is my newest fur baby... it’s an athletic calf!”  

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Huh? QVC chose an item for the TSV which was not even in stock?  That's surprising. I know they plan the TSVs far in advance and something could have unexpectedly gone wrong on the supplier's end at the last minute. However, QVC is a huge company and they should gave their factory orders and logistics systems working a lot better than this. When QVC saw that the original [foreign] supplier would not be able to deliver the jackets to the U.S. on time, they should have had a backup supplier ready to fill the order. It's not like this TSV was some artisan Italian gold jewelry where the manufacturer needs to know ahead of time how many items to make.  This was just regular denim apparel, which QVC buys by the container load..

Perhaps it is an effect of the "tariff wars"? Or perhaps the government shutdown - port inspections may be back-logged, slowing down the whole transportation chain.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I wonder if there's an extra charge for the camel toe?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 13

Didn't I say once that they would break Katrina's spirit, forcing her into ill fitting Q clothes?  Mission Accomplished! 

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Didn't I say once that they would break Katrina's spirit, forcing her into ill fitting Q clothes?  Mission Accomplished! 

That didn't take long!!  LOL!! Compare these photos of her wearing Q pj pants joggers to one of her socialite dresses upthread and she would be embarrassed!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I wonder if there's an extra charge for the camel toe?

Isn't camel toe de rigeur for D&C pants? :-)

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Booney said:

I'd like to see her interact with McTool! No way will Katrina allow any of that nonsense near her hair (while not my style, I do appreciate the style, effort and expense needed to maintain that look). Stand strong Katrina!

• Like 13

Wow regarding the TSV that is not yet in stock.... granted I never managed inventory or a television shopping channel duh---but wouldn't you think they would maybe take tomorrow's TSV (or the next one....or Friday;s??) and have that be today? I mean if you are off by a day no biggie I would think but to be off by over a week sounds very sorry.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mayvenne said:

Wow regarding the TSV that is not yet in stock.... granted I never managed inventory or a television shopping channel duh---but wouldn't you think they would maybe take tomorrow's TSV (or the next one....or Friday;s??) and have that be today? I mean if you are off by a day no biggie I would think but to be off by over a week sounds very sorry.

Especially because this TSV doesn’t have a celebrity presenter or an OAP flying in from somewhere - someone who would have to change his/her own schedule. It’s Gary Goben, for goodness sake.

• Like 4

“And I’m in the 4”, chirped Blabby! “I could wear the 6 if I wanted it to be roomy but I like this fit!” 

Whoever said the camera adds 10 pounds was wrong. Geesh, she looks like she needs the 1X in this shot. 

ADB404AD-CF9F-4BC1-93EA-0B200E9CAB93.jpeg

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Thumper said:

Did Logo Lori keep Shawn in check?

I am sorry to report that they acted like long-lost sisters, simultaneously teasing and complimenting each other at the same time.  Lori:  "This one knows what it's all about!"  She followed that up with "I can't believe you waited so long to wear jeans"  For her part Skunk kept asking Lori how she would put outfits together "if you were still a stylist and that world was open to you" and in the next breath "This woman is a genius!"

• Like 9

1 hour ago, mayvenne said:

They could have dug out some 5 year old crap from the warehouse and sell it off before the big warehouse move.

• Like 4

Oh, spare me from this fake love fest:

Jane: ”People don’t realize how alike we are.”

Shawn: ”We’re twinning on so many levels.  We’re completely separated at birth, obviously.”

B61AE49C-E530-4989-AEE6-519287575242.thumb.jpeg.26ed1e5638a22852b9c81c091fde6b25.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 15

34 minutes ago, Booney said:

Shawn: ”We’re twinning on so many levels.  We’re completely separated at birth, obviously.”

B61AE49C-E530-4989-AEE6-519287575242.thumb.jpeg.26ed1e5638a22852b9c81c091fde6b25.jpeg

When life gives Jane lemons, well you know...🍋🍋

• Like 8

Well, isn’t this a sad little presentation of the D&C roll-tab blouse. Could this be any more ill-fitting? First of all, you can basically see through the white one.

EE3DD6EE-ECBE-40E1-8DC6-EFDA4CB05730.thumb.jpeg.f16694f683b9df5001e131eb0b478083.jpeg

Then, it’s obvious that the blouse doesn’t fit right on any body type. The blouse is pulling and gapping near the top buttons on all of the models, regardless of their body type - and the blouse otherwise seems to be the right size on each of them. I certainly wouldn’t buy it based on this presentation!

075BE8DE-FBE8-4864-8D47-CF8AE2FF68FF.thumb.jpeg.1569adda8e6dc4200c5fc1d8aa4176ad.jpeg

893E2CAB-D17F-48A7-A0D6-FC9FC4B0D33A.thumb.jpeg.18df6e0b2d3efab3194ac58b903bb306.jpeg

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Booney said:

Well, isn’t this a sad little presentation of the D&C roll-tab blouse. Could this be any more ill-fitting? First of all, you can basically see through the white one.

EE3DD6EE-ECBE-40E1-8DC6-EFDA4CB05730.thumb.jpeg.f16694f683b9df5001e131eb0b478083.jpeg

Then, it’s obvious that the blouse doesn’t fit right on any body type. The blouse is pulling and gapping near the top buttons on all of the models, regardless of their body type - and the blouse otherwise seems to be the right size on each of them. I certainly wouldn’t buy it based on this presentation!

075BE8DE-FBE8-4864-8D47-CF8AE2FF68FF.thumb.jpeg.1569adda8e6dc4200c5fc1d8aa4176ad.jpeg

893E2CAB-D17F-48A7-A0D6-FC9FC4B0D33A.thumb.jpeg.18df6e0b2d3efab3194ac58b903bb306.jpeg

I didn't see this presentation, but when I came home tonight (Shawn is hosting), the model in the middle was modeling a top, pulled up around her waist.  She has a tummy (I can relate) and it looked terrible!  Meanwhile, the long, lean, flat-bellied models are wearing the top untucked and over their (nonexistent) tummies.  Sigh.  Please, QVC.

Turned on QVC.  Husband (who I still think has a little crush on Shawn; ugh) says "What the hell is Skunky wearing???!!"  I look.  She looks like a 5-year old who dressed herself.  Some kind of long top (possibly two) over patched jeans tucked into grey mid-calf boots.  I told him that is her being "edgy" and so not Denim & Company.

• Like 9

Denim & Co Comfy Knit Pull-on Jeans with the Signature Camel Toe.

C3C9BC64-BEE6-4B44-8594-8788FB920375.thumb.jpeg.4b04bdc8d1cec9465a5dfb86e806da91.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I didn't see this presentation, but when I came home tonight (Shawn is hosting), the model in the middle was modeling a top, pulled up around her waist.  She has a tummy (I can relate) and it looked terrible!  Meanwhile, the long, lean, flat-bellied models are wearing the top untucked and over their (nonexistent) tummies.  Sigh.  Please, QVC.

Turned on QVC.  Husband (who I still think has a little crush on Shawn; ugh) says "What the hell is Skunky wearing???!!"  I look.  She looks like a 5-year old who dressed herself.  Some kind of long top (possibly two) over patched jeans tucked into grey mid-calf boots.  I told him that is her being "edgy" and so not Denim & Company.

I got the feeling they are trying to bring in models with typical post menopausal figure flaws. That's just fine but they need to look at them in the clothes before they hit the stage. Leave the things that show the buldges to the regular fit models.😉

Shawn was a total misfit with that D&C show. Gary doesn't know what to do with her and she took every opportunity to fluster him. Her choice of outfit was a big FU to the Q for making her host the show. I can't figure out why they put her on the frumpany schedule and I can't believe she helped sales tonight. 

Edited by potatochips
  • Like 13

I think Q is shaking things up and moving lots of hosts around. Introducing viewers to new hosts so they will follow their favorite host to a new time slot but keeping watching at the old time slot?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Booney said:

I see the twin thing... identical liars.

• Like 18

14 hours ago, Booney said:

They presented a blouse and Gary said that Carolyn had brought him one that she bought elsewhere, and he created a D&C version of it. “You do what Carolyn says,” said Gary. Carolyn: “Can you call my husband and tell him to do that?” Gary, looking at the camera: “Do what Carolyn says.” Bossypants demands obedience!

I saw a few minutes of that. I hope Carolyn gave Gary his Scooby snack. 

I wish Carolyn would figure out to be nice now as it can come back to bite her later. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, potatochips said:

“And I’m in the 4”, chirped Blabby! “I could wear the 6 if I wanted it to be roomy but I like this fit!” 

Whoever said the camera adds 10 pounds was wrong. Geesh, she looks like she needs the 1X in this shot. 

ADB404AD-CF9F-4BC1-93EA-0B200E9CAB93.jpeg

On what planet is Blabby wearing a size 4 jacket over those hips??

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

On what planet is Blabby wearing a size 4 jacket over those hips??

It's remotely possible that she's a 4 above the waist.  If you'll notice, the jacket wouldn't remotely close south of the equator.  I see that she is wearing a pair of those "the dog chewed off the toes of my boots" boots.  Oy is right.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, potatochips said:

I got the feeling they are trying to bring in models with typical post menopausal figure flaws. That's just fine but they need to look at them in the clothes before they hit the stage. Leave the things that show the buldges to the regular fit models.😉

Shawn was a total misfit with that D&C show. Gary doesn't know what to do with her and she took every opportunity to fluster him. Her choice of outfit was a big FU to the Q for making her host the show. I can't figure out why they put her on the frumpany schedule and I can't believe she helped sales tonight. 

For a minute I thought they had stopped putting the largest model in light pants move. Then they at some point yesterday said the comfy pants did not show texture, proceeding to show a size 18 model in pale pants with "texture". Pants were screaming tight, no way comfy and that was just as viewed on my phone let alone a monitor or larger screen. 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You don't?

mad rabbit.jpg

LOL

That Is one sinister rabbit!  

It's "Night of the Lepus"!  (sci-fi/horror film with mutant bunnies attacking Janet Leigh and Stuart Whitman)

• Like 5

12 hours ago, potatochips said:

I cannot understand why people are modeling clothing that doesn’t fit!  I’m not running to order that stuff, when everyone looks like crap!

• Like 12

Caro ate so many Hunnybells. 

Shell be shitting through the eye of a needle tonight. 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

5c361ec0d3f83_qvc277.jpg.98b42bd5eaf6238ca51a8d8503e6a726.jpg5c361f31af3c4_qvc278.jpg.771a9d0bb53b984c84b9f82a3a4a7a26.jpg

How many hosts does it take to sell fruit on a shopping channel?

Meanwhile, I will walk over to my fridge and grab a sweet little clementine I got from my market. 

• Like 8

Funny, how Zell confessed that she and AnTOny, never heard of Honeybells until they started working on the Q.

• Like 7

Antonella looks cute with bangs. It softens her face and makes her look younger.

I'm not liking Amy's though. Maybe she thought her hair  should be more sophisticated to host PMStyle. That cut is so severe it makes her look older. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

This was posted on the Skinn Cosmetics FB page today.

dimitri.thumb.jpg.9216edab6420b533ea2db610ac71e284.jpg

Holy Botox. 

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Is he transitioning?  I'm being serious......sort of.

Hi face is mesmerizing to me - as much as that talking orange was!  He looks very womanly and completely different than what he used to look like!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 12

Alberti looks goofy with his Honeybell bib. I wonder if he’ll squeeze Alan’s honeybells?

6E801710-29EF-4D8F-A672-4A4408A9296F.thumb.jpeg.4cd670e9e02f831383b536c527d198c6.jpeg

• Like 19

9 minutes ago, Booney said:

Alberti looks goofy with his Honeybell bib. I wonder if he’ll squeeze Alan’s honeybells?

6E801710-29EF-4D8F-A672-4A4408A9296F.thumb.jpeg.4cd670e9e02f831383b536c527d198c6.jpeg

It’s really not a good look for anyone.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

How...androgynous.

I don't know this person, and wasn't sure before reading further what the correct gender usage was.

This is not meant in any derogatory way, it's just simple curiosity: I wonder what he sees when he looks at himself in that mirror? Is it like Carolyn seeing that version of herself that apparentlyonly she can see in the Magic TV Monitor?

I interviewed a number of trans people over the years in the course of my job, and always thought that it took a hell of a lot of courage and self-confidence for them to deal on a daily basis with the usual negative public reactions.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

How...androgynous.

I don't know this person, and wasn't sure before reading further what the correct gender usage was.

This is not meant in any derogatory way, it's just simple curiosity: I wonder what he sees when he looks at himself in that mirror? Is it like Carolyn seeing that version of herself that apparentlyonly she can see in the Magic TV Monitor?

I interviewed a number of trans people over the years in the course of my job, and always thought that it took a hell of a lot of courage and self-confidence for them to deal on a daily basis with the usual negative public reactions.

I had a customer in the late 90's who worked at, of all things, a sports management company - the one that had some really huge golf, basketball and tennis stars.  When I was called in to him, let's just say his name was John Doe, I showed up and to my surprise, John Doe was wearing a dress and introduced herself as Jane Doe.  Her manager was there, and kept referring to her as John and it was the most uncomfortable thing I'd ever been a part of.  I had to meet with her the following week and I called my dad, who was a psychiatrist and worked for a time at Hopkins in their gender reassignment department....I asked him what I should do, what I should call her.  He said be honest with her, ask her what she wants to be called.   I did that at the beginning of the meeting and what ensued was a 1/2 hour discussion about what she was going through and had been going through her entire life.  I'll never forget her saying this to me  - she said "Do people think this is something I chose?  If there was any way to spare myself this pain, don't they think I'd have done it?"  It was excruciatingly sad and frustrating....and this was at a time when you didn't see a lot of trans people, so it wasn't accepted - especially at a sports management company.

I often think about her and what she's doing - she was eventually fired, given the reason that it was too uncomfortable for their clients.  Can you believe that?

• Like 11