SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Tuesday nights will be called "Tuesday Vibes with Jane and Shawn".....Oh Gawd, imagine the vibes those 2 will be sending out.

I think that might be worth a look 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Booney said:

Marie told him that when she was backstage earlier, she and several other women who had done Nutrisystem were talking about the program’s food. She said to David, “You, by the way, were making sweet rolls.” She must be taking lessons from Kerstin on throwing shade. 

It's not hard to tell that his body language changes a lot during other presentations that include food, not mentioning the fact that he's happy eating the demo food, while the presentations with her are serious-serious and eating or drinking shakes rarely.  It must annoy her, although she's pro enough not to show it on air (with the exception of occasional shade).

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I'm thinking MO's boobs are very, very fake. 

Marie Osmond’s checklist:

Fake boobs ✔️

Fake hair ✔️

Fake lips ✔️

Fake nose ✔️

Fake nails ✔️

Fake personality ✔️

38C5E877-AEE5-4921-A2F3-5FED44BD2B16.jpeg.cb076d024c59631e6f618caa2853d18b.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The meteoric rise of Mary D is inexplicable.   Being a capable backstage worker doesn't make you host material.

She's boring, bland, generally inept and annoying and brings nothing special to the table. Yet she continues to be rewarded.

There's ITKWM, At Home With Mary, Mary's Closet and now Sunday mornings?  Meanwhile, Nancy H toils anonymously.....

I like Rachel, so good for her getting this spot....

I disagree. Doesn’t her role “backstage” and elevation to host just demonstrate that anyone with the skills can get on in this business? I thought that was what the USA was all about. The fact that she has achieved this would indicate that people like her. 

As for being inept, I very much disagree. Annoying? That’s a personal thing. 

• Like 11

Watching Antonella do a Denim & Co clearance Show....

.... usually enjoy her somewhat but today she is being so rude especially to the line producer and she just won't let up and is veering into mean spirited territory now....

....between chastising him for not asking about her birthday and not mentioning her new hair and not having an information card, she is really sounding awful and I don't think she's funny at all...not really sure she even means to be funny because most things said in jest are usually true 😳

Click !!!!!

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Burly said:

I disagree. Doesn’t her role “backstage” and elevation to host just demonstrate that anyone with the skills can get on in this business? I thought that was what the USA was all about. The fact that she has achieved this would indicate that people like her. 

As for being inept, I very much disagree. Annoying? That’s a personal thing. 

She started in the call center, if I recall, and worked her way up, eventually becoming a producer and David's protege.  So it was a combination of advancement and knowing the right people.

• Like 3

OMG!! Even Stacy's older kid threw some shade David's way. When she asked him, doesn't he want to be as big as David. He nodded, then paused a bit and said, "Well...TALL!!"

• Like 11

More shade being thrown at David as Marie complements Kerstin on how great she looks, how she takes great care of herself, works hard, etc, in comparison to how she felt when 50 pounds overweight.

And Kerstin calls her Maria.

K says she did Nutrisystem last year to keep 21 pounds off, because she's always battling her weight.

This is going to be a mutual admiration hour.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, SiouxB said:

Watching Antonella do a Denim & Co clearance Show....

.... usually enjoy her somewhat but today she is being so rude especially to the line producer and she just won't let up and is veering into mean spirited territory now....

....between chastising him for not asking about her birthday and not mentioning her new hair and not having an information card, she is really sounding awful and I don't think she's funny at all...not really sure she even means to be funny because most things said in jest are usually true 😳

Click !!!!!

Lately I am wondering if Antonella is  ok. I like her a lot, but she’s super tacky and has no filter now and sometimes it seems weird !

Yesterday when she was hosting with Lori Granier she was eating  the props for some utensils they were selling ! So gross ! It wasn’t meant to be eaten, it was to demo the spatulas and ladles ! She was stuffing her face with a cookie and eating ravioli!  She also said something about Lori’s cohost on Shark Tank that ads kind is tacky !

And the hair and makeup is not flattering on her .

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

She started in the call center, if I recall, and worked her way up, eventually becoming a producer and David's protege.  So it was a combination of advancement and knowing the right people.

She started in the call center?  As a former call center rep ( not at the Q ) kudos to her!

• Like 9

Probably not a good idea for a host to describe overindulging on food to a hangover with Marie Osmond alongside.  It's extremely likely Marie has no idea what one feels like.

• Like 3

I think it is rude of fellow hosts and Marie to crack on David's weight on air.  Or to make snarky comments.  It is unkind and unprofessional.  Would they say something to Carolyn?  Ant?

• Like 21

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I think it is rude of fellow hosts and Marie to crack on David's weight on air.  Or to make snarky comments.  It is unkind and unprofessional.  Would they say something to Carolyn?  Ant?

They didn't crack directly, but the implication was there.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Probably not a good idea for a host to describe overindulging on food to a hangover with Marie Osmond alongside.  It's extremely likely Marie has no idea what one feels like.

I realize that the Mormon religion teaches to abstain from alcohol, but I don't think she's Mother Teresa.  She does/did a show in Vegas for quite a while, and I would imagine saw just about everything there is to see, lol.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I realize that the Mormon religion teaches to abstain from alcohol, but I don't think she's Mother Teresa.  She does/did a show in Vegas for quite a while, and I would imagine saw just about everything there is to see, lol.

To see others with it, though, is different from experiencing it personally.

BTW, she bashed the Keto diet the last hour, proclaiming how unnatural it is to eat all of that meat and butter.  Meanwhile, she was selling processed, shelf-stable food.

Disclaimer:  If you've used Nutrisystem and liked it, not insulting you.  Just noting the irony in her comments.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I agree.  If they think they are somehow staging a passive intervention, they should think again.  End of the day, it's the business of no one but David.

stay-in-your-lane.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

In my middle-of-the-night insomnia, I caught MO telling everyone that basically, if they don't want to end up in a wheelchair with amputations due to diabetes, they need to by Nutrijunk (™HBird).  Her "hospital administrator" son told her so.  Had I not been delirious with lack of sleep, I would have called in to the Q and faked being a Nutri user, just so I could have challenged their caller delay button.  It would have been epic.

LMAOOOOOOOOO

the nerve of her. there are plenty of ways to eat healthy w/out what she's selling. One way is eating decently healthy food in smaller portions. Just suck it up and learn how. I realize people have issues with self control and obesity is a major problem but that was very offensive of her to say.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, worleybird said:

OMG!! Even Stacy's older kid threw some shade David's way. When she asked him, doesn't he want to be as big as David. He nodded, then paused a bit and said, "Well...TALL!!"

oh boy lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She must have over indulged ,  or she wouldn’t need NS. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

In my middle-of-the-night insomnia, I caught MO telling everyone that basically, if they don't want to end up in a wheelchair with amputations due to diabetes, they need to by Nutrijunk (™HBird).  Her "hospital administrator" son told her so.  Had I not been delirious with lack of sleep, I would have called in to the Q and faked being a Nutri user, just so I could have challenged their caller delay button.  It would have been epic.

I hate to break it to her, and anyone who thinks that being skinny prevents you from disease and being wheelchair bound, but it doesn’t !

My dad was into fitness, and healthy eating,  and not on one medication and developed rheumatoid arthritis in his early 70’s  and sadly was wheelchair bound for years and developed diabetes from being inactive and the medications to control a disease he had not control over .

My mom also was very active , thin, and no meds and died in 2 months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer . She also ate all organic and exercised every day and had none of the risk factors !

My aunt who was overweight, had high blood pressure, diabetes, and was on a ton of medications ,  never was wheelchair bound and outlived both my mom and dad !

So, plastic face Marie and her scare tactics and everyone else who thinks they have the secret to a long life by dieting is annoying to me!

I lost weight to feel better -and hopefully reduce my risk of disease, but I hate these “new year - new you” diet pushers like Marie and others who use scare tactics and  prey on the low self -esteem of women especially, grates on my nerves every year at this time !

And fat  shaming David is just not right . He can be annoying for other reasons , but it’s not ok to do that to a man or a woman . 

After watching my mom and dad try so hard to he healthy and depriving themselves of  “bad “ foods , and suffer so much , I say good for David for enjoying his life and real food , and taking vacations !  He is not obese and he seems to be enjoy his life not eating shelf stable food that probably has very little nutritional or health benefits, except for making you full so you lose weight . 

Oh, and when Marie said she can sing opera (lmao), and said she can’t hit those higher notes if she is overweight, I had to laugh! Many opera greats have been overweight and obese ! Maybe she just isn’t able to sing opera ! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 23

11 hours ago, Booney said:

***REMINDER***

Today is the last day to vote in the fashion poll. You have until Midnight tonight - the poll closes at 12:01 a.m. Please be sure to vote in all four Parts of the poll.

I can’t wait to see the winners!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQORv5gJWoJaBpQUc87cpq

😊

• Like 8

Just now, DownTheShore said:

😊

Thank you for voting, DTS! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

True, devout members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints must wear the traditional undergarments, which she obviously doesn’t. Her outfits when on stage are not conducive to those garments. 

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again. She DID NOT lose 50 lbs on Nutrisystem.  She lost at least 40 while on Dancing With the D List Stars. She said as much on that show.  And I keep saying that she should fess up on that. Now, I’m guessing she can owe her figure to super Spanx. 

I tried Nutrisystem once and it was awful.  Not only that, the chemicals to keep the food shelf stable are unappetizing.  And those glasses of whatever in front of David look like liquified liver. 

• Like 13

Yes, those " shakes" look awful!  I don't blame David or any host for avoiding them.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

True, devout members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints must wear the traditional undergarments, which she obviously doesn’t. Her outfits when on stage are not conducive to those garments. 

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again. She DID NOT lose 50 lbs on Nutrisystem.  She lost at least 40 while on Dancing With the D List Stars. She said as much on that show.  And I keep saying that she should fess up on that. Now, I’m guessing she can owe her figure to super Spanx. 

I tried Nutrisystem once and it was awful.  Not only that, the chemicals to keep the food shelf stable are unappetizing.  And those glasses of whatever in front of David look like liquified liver. 

Does her religion have a problem with Botox and plastic surgery?  She can’t make any expressions her face is so tight and worked on!  

And her body has more done to it than spanx ! 

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

She DID NOT lose 50 lbs on Nutrisystem.  She lost at least 40 while on Dancing With the D List Stars. She said as much on that show.

I did read where she attributed a 50 lb. weight loss to Dancing With The Stars.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Same as most jobs then. I think it says a lot for the company that someone can get on that way.

i don’t see a lot of Mary but I find her easy to watch, although the down home chumminess can get a bit much after a while. I think we sometimes forget though, that most “normal” viewers watch shopping channels for a few minutes then hop off somewhere else. More invested viewers might watch an entire show. Then there are people like us who probably watch more than is good for us because we like discussing the nuances. 

I guess the danger is that they give her so many hours across so many product ranges that she starts to grate on people. Over exposure is a common problem on all types of tv though isn’t it? 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I agree.  If they think they are somehow staging a passive intervention, they should think again.  End of the day, it's the business of no one but David.

Now isn't that ironic, given all the comments here.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I did read where she attributed a 50 lb. weight loss to Dancing With The Stars.

That is not  how she presented her weight loss during her selling sob stories in QVC !  She did a great acting job of crying , although her botoxed , plastic surgery face with clown make up never moved , while she acted like NS saved her life and career   

• Like 6

8 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

I hate to break it to her, and anyone who thinks that being skinny prevents you from disease and being wheelchair bound, but it doesn’t !

My dad was into fitness, and healthy eating,  and not on one medication and developed rheumatoid arthritis in his early 70’s  and sadly was wheelchair bound for years and developed diabetes from being inactive and the medications to control a disease he had not control over .

My mom also was very active , thin, and no meds and died in 2 months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer . She also ate all organic and exercised every day and had none of the risk factors !

My aunt who was overweight, had high blood pressure, diabetes, and was on a ton of medications ,  never was wheelchair bound and outlived both my mom and dad !

So, plastic face Marie and her scare tactics and everyone else who thinks they have the secret to a long life by dieting is annoying to me!

I lost weight to feel better -and hopefully reduce my risk of disease, but I hate these “new year - new you” diet pushers like Marie and others who use scare tactics and  prey on the low self -esteem of women especially, grates on my nerves every year at this time !

And fat  shaming David is just not right . He can be annoying for other reasons , but it’s not ok to do that to a man or a woman . 

After watching my mom and dad try so hard to he healthy and depriving themselves of  “bad “ foods , and suffer so much , I say good for David for enjoying his life and real food , and taking vacations !  He is not obese and he seems to be enjoy his life not eating shelf stable food that probably has very little nutritional or health benefits, except for making you full so you lose weight . 

Oh, and when Marie said she can sing opera (lmao), and said she can’t hit those higher notes if she is overweight, I had to laugh! Many opera greats have been overweight and obese ! Maybe she just isn’t able to sing opera ! 

I actually laughed out loud when Marie  said that she couldn’t sing opera If she was overweight!  I have heard her LV show with Donny is very cute and they do have talent, but  many top opera singers were always known to be very overweight for the most part !   She needs to stick to her pop and “little bit country” past and stop trying to pretend she is  some major vocalist !

If Marie had some major performing career right now, she wouldn’t be doing embarrassing crying segments on QVC to sell NS, and also doing “ Dancing with the Has Beens and Wanna Be Celebs”! 

And didn’t Marie used to make those dolls and  come on QVC and talk about them like they were real people ? She seems nice,  but messed up ! 

Edited by orangekit
  • Like 8

19 hours ago, Booney said:

HB takes one for the team by tasting a Nutrisystem shake. Look out, David - your turn is coming.

BDFD66D0-4C89-40B8-AA1F-62EC20ACC656.thumb.jpeg.add6a7a08b9faaae7f8c26f4b3bef470.jpeg

450852F3-676F-4F61-AD1B-17E410722262.thumb.jpeg.e8cf37948228329db3556c98b069594c.jpeg

25C417F8-F4B8-41EB-8C2B-01C4E5008D00.thumb.jpeg.a82a2fd76195a1d082c1c905308a0c87.jpeg

looks like toxic sludge 

• Like 13

12 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

She started in the call center?  As a former call center rep ( not at the Q ) kudos to her!

wonder if she if very ambitious and wanted to climb the ladder 

or just rightperson, right time 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Burly said:

download.jpg.9029a150d33a1e97bbd5403883266e21.jpg   Yup!!!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, artisto said:

The fact that she has achieved this would indicate that people like her. 

I think the grannies like her

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I think the grannies like her

They can have UnNecessary Mary! What I dislike most about her is that she hasn't developed her own style. She continues to act like and sound just like David. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but, in this case, imitation shows a lack of confidence and skill IMO. By now, she should have settled into her own selling style.

On another note, I was scanning the program guide for this week and noticed a few interesting things. First off, Shawnie Sue kicks off a D&C TSV tonight at midnight, and then has another hour of D&C at 9:00 p.m. tomorrow. Ha - karma! Also, Gobby is doing some Beauty IQ shows on Monday and Wednesday and also Q2 shows. I wonder if they're phasing her off the main channel? HB also seems to be doing more Q2 shows. They certainly are changing things up in terms of the hosts.

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Booney said:

They can have UnNecessary Mary! What I dislike most about her is that she hasn't developed her own style. She continues to act like and sound just like David. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but, in this case, imitation shows a lack of confidence and skill IMO. By now, she should have settled into her own selling style.

On another note, I was scanning the program guide for this week and noticed a few interesting things. First off, Shawnie Sue kicks off a D&C TSV tonight at midnight, and then has another hour of D&C at 9:00 p.m. tomorrow. Ha - karma! Also, Gobby is doing some Beauty IQ shows on Monday and Wednesday and also Q2 shows. I wonder if they're phasing her off the main channel? HB also seems to be doing more Q2 shows. They certainly are changing things up in terms of the hosts.

Needs changes

• Like 3

Hahaha. Shawnie’s D&C TSV is the questionable “denim” jacket. No way to knot that sucker! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I, for one, am happy that they are making changes!  They need to mix it up a bit and give us some other people to watch snark about, day after day, night after night!

On a serious note, though, they can mix up the hosts between all these different channels and it will mean nothing if they don't start getting fresh product in.  And I don't mean "let's add another bell and whistle" to the Ring Video or Halo Bolt (all good products....three years ago), I mean brand new stuff!

2 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Hahaha. Shawnie’s D&C TSV is the questionable “denim” jacket. No way to knot that sucker! 🤣🤣🤣

oh, she'll find a way to jack it up, somehow!

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Can you obi it ?🤔

• Like 9

I wonder if Katie and Gobby are permanently sent to Q2, BIQ?

And seems like Dan and Jill are doing more original Q2 programming. And Rick has 2, "Wine&Dine With Rick" and "Rick's Weekend Preview" on Q2.

The new 6 have will get 1am to 6am so that pushes the old new 4 into other hours. Mary Nelson seems to be placed on Q2.

Still looks like they're overstaffed to me, especially with a handful getting new shows.

And: (Terri Conn does not seem comfortable without a soap opera script to memorize).

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I wonder if Katie and Gobby are permanently sent to Q2, BIQ?

And seems like Dan and Jill are doing more original Q2 programming. And Rick has 2, "Wine&Dine With Rick" and "Rick's Weekend Preview" on Q2.

The new 6 have will get 1am to 6am so that pushes the old new 4 into other hours. Mary Nelson seems to be placed on Q2.

Still looks like they're overstaffed to me, especially with a handful getting new shows.

And: (Terri Conn does not seem comfortable without a soap opera script to memorize).

Really?? That would be A-Ok with me. Katie and Gobby are BORES!   Bring my Cathy on daytime. Her voice will keep us awake during the afternoon slump LOLOLOLOL

Dan on Q2? I don't get Q2 so I would miss Dan if he's not on main Q anymore.

I suspect they always overstaff when they do new hires... because they may have to fire 1 or more....

3 hours ago, Booney said:

LOL at Shawn doing D&C!! I told you she was going to be getting the over the hill jobs now LMAOOOOOOOOOO

It's actually happening, it seems! She's being phased into the  Caro, Jill, Jane, MBR age group... someone up there in management hates her or realizes she is not as cool as she thinks she is.

Didn't she make some comment recently about not knowing anything about D&C???

I've seen Cathy do Quacker clearance and i think D&C ALONE at night so if a 29 year old can do it ( she was not even 30 yet then) then Shawn should be able to do D&C. Im curious about how she'll behave.

Edited by SnowDazed · Reason: Jayne to Jane
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, SnowDazed said:

Really?? That would be A-Ok with me. Katie and Gobby are BORES!   Bring my Cathy on daytime. Her voice will keep us awake during the afternoon slump LOLOLOLOL

Dan on Q2? I don't get Q2 so I would miss Dan if he's not on main Q anymore.

I suspect they always overstaff when they do new hires... because they may have to fire 1 or more....

LOL at Shawn doing D&C!! I told you she was going to be getting the over the hill jobs now LMAOOOOOOOOOO

It's actually happening, it seems! She's being phased into the  Caro, Jill, Jayne, MBR age group... someone up there in management hates her or realizes she is not as cool as she thinks she is.

Didn't she make some comment recently about not knowing anything about D&C???

I think she said something like she didn’t know the line, and it was in “Carolyn’s wheelhouse,” lol.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

I think she said something like she didn’t know the line, and it was “Carolyn’s wheelhouse,” lol.

I shrieked!! Little did she know not 2 months or so later, she'd be in that wheelhouse. She's being forced into the over 50 wheelhouse it seems to me ( and she's still in her 40s)... *evil laugh*.  I really do think someone up there got sick of her and that's why this is happening. She is being punished. I firmly believe this is some sort of  cruel discipline.  I mean a show with Jane of all people??? Btw I meant Jane, not Jayne in my previous post LOL. Although Jayne is in the older age group but not as obviously as Jane lolol.

I have to catch Shawn do D&C.  it's too satisfying not to.

Edited by SnowDazed
  • Like 10

I was checking Amy Stran's FB page to see if there were any announcements about her new show and came across this from a couple of days ago.  She said she had just come from McTool's and while she was going to let her hair grow out, she changed her mind and went shorter and blonder.

To me, it looks like a version of Shawn's hair when she went on PM Style!  This must be the official hairstyle of PMS!  I think Amy looks really pretty without much makeup, but the hair?  Oy, not good......

49627758_10156854998941445_7058992034756952064_n.jpg

49711623_10156855748871445_4973316445069901824_n.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

😊

i wanted to mention, i did too yesterday LOL. some of the categories were difficult but some were super easy LOLOL such as Jane and the model one. I could see that as bad as some of Jane's looks are some are much much worse than others lol. For Caro that yellow floral sweater got me LOLOL. There were other options but the fit of that sweater at that angle did me in lol.

• Like 5