SilverStormm

Home Shopping Network

I bought the Westrock variety box before, it was ok, but I found most of the flavors tasting weak if I made servings over 8 oz. .  Nothing worse than coffee that's too weak, all you can do is add it to strong coffee or toss it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

How many of Joy's Huggable Hangers does HSN have to get rid of?  It seems like they're showing them pretty much every lunchtime in the past while, on clearance.

Billions and billions?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

I want to thank Colleen Lopez, Amy Morrison,  MB Roe,  Amy Stran and a few other female hosts for doing their jobs clean, dressed well, being informed of the products and not acting like a drunk monkey.  We viewers/buyers appreciate it.  

• Like 18
  • Laugh 1

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Man, Colleen loves her Herkimer Quartz, doesn't she?  😄

She does. Almost annoyingly so.

Watched a good amount of Collen with the jade TS. Not one of CL's better shows. She's done enough TSs to be familiar with the demands of that late hour but seemed like she was hyped on coffee, was rather 'agitated' and didn't even let Stella Chow contribute during the first fifteen minutes. When they eventually 'conversed' (and during their show the next day), moments that almost felt contentious between them. SC knows her product and its storied history, CL was making mistakes with details. CL wasn't given samples in her size which clearly had her frustrated, problems with camera work, demos not going well.

CL does well with strong personalities only when they complement hers, and with others she's befriended (didn't get the vibe, at all, with SC).

Edited by caminlaca
  • Like 2

Yeah, I'm becoming a little jaded and cynical about Colleen. Sad, because I remember her from her Minnesota days (1990's) as a field reporter on a local afternoon show (Steve and Sharon, for locals) and I loved her.  Oh well.

Diane Gilman -- good to see her and looking healthy.  Her hair is getting longer.  I wonder if she is going to go for the platinum gray in the long look she used to have?  I think that might look great!  (A la Emmy Lou Harris.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, I'm becoming a little jaded and cynical about Colleen. Sad, because I remember her from her Minnesota days (1990's) as a field reporter on a local afternoon show (Steve and Sharon, for locals) and I loved her.  Oh well.

Diane Gilman -- good to see her and looking healthy.  Her hair is getting longer.  I wonder if she is going to go for the platinum gray in the long look she used to have?  I think that might look great!  (A la Emmy Lou Harris.)

I was a fan of Steve and Sharon's show, back in the day. So it was nice to see CL's familiar face when I discovered HSN (late 90s). Sometimes long-term hosts need to re-invent themselves, update their presentation styles, to stay relevant. (Although there are those who abide by 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.') CL just seems to default to the same old shtick which lost its appeal quite some time ago. Then again, after so many years, not easy coming up with new lines to shill product (which some will never use, let alone own).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

DG's previous 'do, while 'signature,' overwhelmed her. ELH looks great in her long, gray hair but she has willowy height to go with it. DG's current look is a bit Karl Lagerfeld-esque. Hopefully she can find a compromise between her old look and discovering what her new tresses want to be. IMO her current look doesn't mesh with her personality.

• Like 5

There is a KORRES Olive Oil TS coming up which is now available. 

It includes 2 olive oil shower gels which I bought individually and really like.

Not sure what the other body creme products are like.

• Like 1

DG's hair color looks very nice on her, but chemo hair takes a while to grow out and the texture is different to one's own previous hair.   the KL comment is rather true, and who knows what her hair will eventually become.  

very few women can pull off long grey hair--that's just my opinion on that one 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

There is a KORRES Olive Oil TS coming up which is now available. 

It includes 2 olive oil shower gels which I bought individually and really like.

Not sure what the other body creme products are like.

Thank you for mentioning this! My elderly mother loves the Korres Olive Oil and she doesn't have a computer to look up the deals early. I'm heading over to the website now!

• Like 2

Right now Diane Gilman is talking about how great her blazer fits. And SHE is in one that's too small. She has it buttoned, and it's pulling across the front! And it's NOT flattering. 

On whatever channel I'm watching and whatever apparel is being sold, it's one thing if they say the outfit is great, but it's ugly....because that's just in the eye of the beholder. But for hosts and OAPs to say something that I -- as the viewer can see right then -- as they're speaking --  is just not true.....that I can't ignore. All it would have taken to avoid this -- as we see so many times on home shopping channels is -- just wear a larger size!! WHY is that so verboten?

Diane looks horrible in that jacket...in that size. It's. just. bad.

ETA: OMG. Did anyone else see the Diane Gilman T-Shirt with the big stemmed flower design on it?...and the bottom of the stem was positioned, so it literally looked like it was coming up out of the models crotch?. Oh my goodness.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Yeah, I was surfing by and caught the buttoned blazer on Diane Gilman. It was awful! The color was lovely, but this was way more fitted than her usual (go down 2 sizes) clothes and I felt bad for her. At least once they came back to her, it was unbuttoned, but I am guessing that she lost some sales. Plus those white knit pants were also wayyyyyyyy too tight. I appreciate her fitting back and getting back to work, but I was not tempted to buy anything that was being shown so far, and usually I will always buy new jeans or a top (on sale - her tops are too expensive for me). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Yeah, I was surfing by and caught the buttoned blazer on Diane Gilman. It was awful! The color was lovely, but this was way more fitted than her usual (go down 2 sizes) clothes and I felt bad for her. At least once they came back to her, it was unbuttoned, but I am guessing that she lost some sales. Plus those white knit pants were also wayyyyyyyy too tight. I appreciate her fitting back and getting back to work, but I was not tempted to buy anything that was being shown so far, and usually I will always buy new jeans or a top (on sale - her tops are too expensive for me). 

Oh yeah.  Watching the 9 p.m. (Central) show, and when she buttons the blazer, it does not look good.  Pulls in the center and gaps below the waist.  Stuck in the "fits my shoulders" bit.

I've always been bigger in the waist, so focused on this area.  DIane, help us out instead of trying to fool us! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, selhars said:

Right now Diane Gilman is talking about how great her blazer fits. And SHE is in one that's too small. She has it buttoned, and it's pulling across the front! And it's NOT flattering. 

On whatever channel I'm watching and whatever apparel is being sold, it's one thing if they say the outfit is great, but it's ugly....because that's just in the eye of the beholder. But for hosts and OAPs to say something that I -- as the viewer can see right then -- as they're speaking --  is just not true.....that I can't ignore. All it would have taken to avoid this -- as we see so many times on home shopping channels is -- just wear a larger size!! WHY is that so verboten?

Diane looks horrible in that jacket...in that size. It's. just. bad.

ETA: OMG. Did anyone else see the Diane Gilman T-Shirt with the big stemmed flower design on it?...and the bottom of the stem was positioned, so it literally looked like it was coming up out of the models crotch?. Oh my goodness.

I saw the shirt with the giant flower. Didn't like it -- it overpowered everyone who wore it. I missed seeing Diane in the tight jacket. I liked the jacket on the models.

Also saw her "tulip hem" top. The design wasn't bad, but the fabric looked so tissue-thin that I'd be afraid to buy it. Looks like the kind of top that would require a cami underneath to keep your bra from showing through.

• Like 1

I got the Korres TS in Apple....I'm intrigued.

They are clearancing the heck out of IMAN.  Up to 70% off.  I looked thru all the March TS and she's not there, which normally she would be for Spring.

I'm sure she's gone.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I got the Korres TS in Apple....I'm intrigued.

They are clearancing the heck out of IMAN.  Up to 70% off.  I looked thru all the March TS and she's not there, which normally she would be for Spring.

I'm sure she's gone.

I never purchased any of her stuff but I thought more than half of it was quite attractive. I thought I remembered seeing good reviews of her line as well. I guess change happens. big time.

• Like 1

If Iman is gone from HSN it must have something to do with Joy and not the quality or reception to the clothing line.  I guess we have to wait and see, but the clearance prices give a hint.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2019 at 3:23 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have never watched much of HSN.  Think its a matter of boring sets/decor (I know, silly), and really never got into their product line-up much.

I agree. The boring sets and decor remind me of a thrift store. It's as if they have one large cabinet to stand behind (since most of the hosts don't interact with the product or OAP), one bed for sheet displays, and one nondescript kitchen set for pretty much everything else. Same goes for many of their nondescript hosts - Alyce Caron, Carrie Smith, Michelle Yarn, etc. Boring.

• Like 4

I see Skinn is on pre-order now.  The pic of Dimitri is his ode to plastic surgery look with the longish hair.  Not a good look for a skin care pitchman.  (And I actually like him 🙂

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

I see Skinn is on pre-order now.  The pic of Dimitri is his ode to plastic surgery look with the longish hair.  Not a good look for a skin care pitchman.  (And I actually like him 🙂

I just got a notification in my FB feed and checked it out. So far, not impressed. The prices are higher and I don't see any of the big kits he used to do on Evine. Hopefully he's just saving the good stuff for the launch, otherwise I can't see him being successful on a channel where there's so much competition.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, JohnnyStar5 said:

If Iman is gone from HSN it must have something to do with Joy and not the quality or reception to the clothing line.  I guess we have to wait and see, but the clearance prices give a hint.

article about her new instyle mag

quick skim reveals nothing about HSN or Q,  

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 8:47 AM, JohnnyStar5 said:

According to Wikipedia, Product partnerships -Mangano has partnered with celebrities and other television personalities to bring their products to HSN. They include ... fashions from supermodel Iman,

I'm guessing when Q got rid of Joy, all the Ingenious Design brands went with her. That's too bad, a lot of people liked Iman's products and they were nice quality.

• Like 1

Call me shallow, that's OK. But I just cannot separate Dimitri's -- uh -- look, from his line.

CAN a person have plenty of plastic surgery, AND have great skin because of the product sh/e puts on his/her skin? Sure. But, I just can't separate the two. Same for Dr. Denesse. AND Peter Thomas Roth. He's now THE model and face of his brand. Magazine ads have him in model-like poses, proclaiming PTR skin care. All I can say is that the three masques I tried (the gold, rose, pumpkin trio) didn't impress me. But I'm only one person.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, selhars said:

Call me shallow, that's OK. But I just cannot separate Dimitri's -- uh -- look, from his line.

CAN a person have plenty of plastic surgery, AND have great skin because of the product sh/e puts on his/her skin? Sure. But, I just can't separate the two. Same for Dr. Denesse. AND Peter Thomas Roth. He's now THE model and face of his brand. Magazine ads have him in model-like poses, proclaiming PTR skin care. All I can say is that the three masques I tried (the gold, rose, pumpkin trio) didn't impress me. But I'm only one person.

That bothers me too. How can vendors keep saying their anti-aging skin care lines will make you look so much younger and better, when it's so obvious that THEIR looks are the result of plastic surgery and other medical procedures?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

That bothers me too. How can vendors keep saying their anti-aging skin care lines will make you look so much younger and better, when it's so obvious that THEIR looks are the result of plastic surgery and other medical procedures?

Those skin care lines rake in multimillions. Technically sure, the quality/texture/"appearance" of skin CAN be great because of products and not surgery. The problem is once you add surgery into the mix, you lose credibility on at least the anti-wrinkle and "lifting" part of your pitch. 

Also, years ago now they starting pushing the "clinical" results to the "appearance" of fine lines and wrinkles angle, the "appearance" of XYZ. Well, if you've had a facelift, how can I believe your products did that, and not the surgery? Hey, clearly plenty of people are still buying skin care from Denesse, James, and Roth. More power to them. And, to me, Dr. Perricone's own skin never looked as good as it should have if his stuff worked as they say it does. 

I'm just not a high-priced skin care junkie. But there are millions out there. And that's their thing. Personally, I'm more the skin care from my pantry and fridge type. I can make plenty of enzyme masques and puffy eye reducers for pennies. But if someone wants to spend hundreds on skin care products by someone who's had plastic surgery, that's certainly their right.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

According to Wikipedia, Product partnerships -Mangano has partnered with celebrities and other television personalities to bring their products to HSN. They include ... fashions from supermodel Iman,

I'm guessing when Q got rid of Joy, all the Ingenious Design brands went with her. That's too bad, a lot of people liked Iman's products and they were nice quality.

i guess so, but correct me , wasn't Iman on board before Joy came and did the whole Ingeneous thing?

maybe Iman has had enough with the travel and biz in general, she was doing it while her husband was ill and she took this as an opportunity to bow out?  just my thoughts 

I liked her clothing it filled a niche 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

i guess so, but correct me , wasn't Iman on board before Joy came and did the whole Ingeneous thing?

maybe Iman has had enough with the travel and biz in general, she was doing it while her husband was ill and she took this as an opportunity to bow out?  just my thoughts 

I liked her clothing it filled a niche 

Ingenious Designs was founded in 1991. Per a press release from HSN, Iman started on HSN in 2007.

Speculation on my part is I'm sure she had a non-compete clause in her contract with I.D. so she probably won't show up anywhere unless it's through I.D.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Ingenious Designs was founded in 1991. Per a press release from HSN, Iman started on HSN in 2007.

Speculation on my part is I'm sure she had a non-compete clause in her contract with I.D. so she probably won't show up anywhere unless it's through I.D.

do you know if her clothing was sold thru ID? i know she was involved in those bags 

13 hours ago, selhars said:

CAN a person have plenty of plastic surgery, AND have great skin because of the product sh/e puts on his/her skin? Sure. But, I just can't separate the two. 

I agree, and me neither. It's not like these people are having minor procedures; they've all been plumped, pulled, nipped and tucked to within an inch of their lives. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

If I discern ANY plastic surgery, I boycott that skincare line.

But I only use drugstore products anyway, and I feel it works just as well.

YMMV    😄 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

If I discern ANY plastic surgery, I boycott that skincare line.

But I only use drugstore products anyway, and I feel it works just as well.

YMMV    😄 

Agree. Many of the drugstore products are excellent.

• Like 5

Wow, HSN has some very large busted models tonight. Holy cow! They are at least a D cup. Goodness.

• Like 1

HSN is debuting a new line that I think is an in-house brand, "Lemon Way" fashions.  I like some of it.   Seems to be classic, casual basics.

They did show an elastic-waist jacket with side pockets, snapped up (thank you, as they rarely show jackets closed up), on a thin model and oh my.  Made her nonexistent tummy look puffy!  lol

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I bought the Westrock variety box before, it was ok, but I found most of the flavors tasting weak if I made servings over 8 oz. .  Nothing worse than coffee that's too weak, all you can do is add it to strong coffee or toss it. 

I was disappointed.  I just received the morning blend...supposed to be a medium roast, but it is incredibly weak...weaker than a light blend (and I like light blends too).  I messed around with my Keurig trying to get this to work for me, and it didn't help (lowest setting).  I had heard good things about this brand in the past, however, maybe it doesn't translate well into k-cups???  I thought I was getting a good deal (on a tight budget and not doing much shopping in recent months), but this one didn't work out.  Return on its way.  I love my coffee too, and this wasn't up to my taste standards.

• Like 2

I received the Westrock also, the variety.

I like the darker Colombian and Sumatran, but as I expected the lighter ones are too weak to my taste.

I have an old Mr Coffee drip machine,  so what I do is open up 2 of the weaker cups, dump into the filter and add water for just 1 cup.  It has worked for me....I don't want to waste them.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

I had to use the strong setting on the keurig and then only select 4 or 8 oz. serving on those light roast ones. Even the dark roast was pushing it if I was using the strong setting and 10 oz. selection. I do  like my coffee strong. 

Chef Ming was brought to HSN by Joy's Ingenious Design.  When she left I wondered what his status would be.

Well, he has an upcoming TS, so he's still around. However, listed under his brand are the Blue Diamond pans Joy sold.  A lot of his own line has been on clearance. 

See what they did there?  Clever.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Chef Ming was brought to HSN by Joy's Ingenious Design.  When she left I wondered what his status would be.

Well, he has an upcoming TS, so he's still around. However, listed under his brand are the Blue Diamond pans Joy sold.  A lot of his own line has been on clearance. 

See what they did there?  Clever.

Maybe they are cleansing the Joy stank off some of the long-time vendors. I really hope Iman will be back. I didn't buy much of her stuff but I enjoyed watching her. She was very professional with a touch of humor.

• Like 5

Iman was so enjoyable and fun to watch.  I love that she always seemed above the sale, but was engaging with callers.

Her Facebook page is interesting;  she has recently posted some nice Bowie pics and this with Lagerfeld.  

52565927_2523918064347822_1013780923746877440_n.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Anttony's "Eida Collection" 2-piece top and tank set for $51.

638-565.

I watched Anthony on Sunday, I haven't watched him for almost a year.  I did get a laugh during his "Luscious Knit" pant presentation. He said the pant had a feel of crepe fabric.  Well then, I suspect it's Polyester Crepe Knit fabric, he just renamed as "Luscious Knit."  🙄  Okay, whatever Anthony.

I bought clothing from Anthony's line years ago, embroidered tops mostly, it was nice quality and well made. His newer items don't appeal to me.  

• Like 2

HSN has started its version of Q's Gourmet Holiday (yes, "Foodie" is used).  It's on Mondays from 5-6 eastern, hosted by Marlo.  Today was the premiere and it'll take a couple weeks for some of the kinks to be worked out and Marlo's nervousness to subside (among other things, she was relying on her cards a lot; however, she was good about asking questions).  Like what Q has started to do recently, there's a gathering place for OAPs and vendors and then the OAP/presenter of the moment moves over to where they need to present.

Also, there's going to be a "drink of the week" every week.  Didn't have the volume on all the time so no idea if they're spiked or not.

One nice thing is that the products were not things seen on Q.  That being said, I've seen a couple of the items pop up on HSN when they occasionally did food shows in the past.  Yes, there were mixed nuts, but these were the unsalted kind with mango or pistachio options.  They also had whoopie pies, Vietnamese egg rolls from a restaurant in Houston, chocolates, and Legal Sea Foods clam chowder or lobster bisque with bread bowls (to be honest, the LSF items looked a bit unappetizing because the oil was visible all the way around the edges of each pot that was on the stove).  I may be forgetting an item.

It will be interesting to see if they keep the products different or you start seeing some bleeding over from Q like has happened with various non-food products.

• Like 3

Also, there is a new kitchen show from 8-9 eastern on Mondays, hosted by Shannon.  No food, just cooking items like an air fryer, an electric grill pan, a spiralizer, etc. 

I wonder if they'll stick to this type of stuff and leave the pots and pans to the professional chefs' appearances, or if they'll venture into their own line (like Cooks Essentials) and ditch one of the pros when a contract runs out. 

This will be the show with the recipe of the week (this week, lemon chicken with zucchini noodles; don't think they actually did much making of it).

• Like 1