SilverStormm

QVC

5 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

I so agree.  She cant help how her feet look, but PLEASE, get a professional pedicure when you’re doing these shows.  The hosts make enough money.

That’s it, that’s my rant of the day

JRT didn't have her usual green or blue polish pedi?

• Like 3

How many people are shopping for KA mixers today? How many you think DV will sell?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Sandra's in The Bahamas for her anniversary  (wedding, not work).

51953763_2556074027742489_3367059746505883648_n.jpg

She's so lovely. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

How many people are shopping for KA mixers today? How many you think DV will sell?

I think Dave said he's sold 2500 in his show .  The total is a few thousand.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

I think Dave said he's sold 2500 in his show .  The total is a few thousand.  

Since they're "celebrating" KitchenAid all year due to its 100th anniversary, I foresee a lot of hard sells of the mixers (particularly the stand mixers) as 2019 goes along.

Edit:  End of David's show, and he said 4300 of the mixer TSV were sold in his show, 8800 for the day.  He noted that nearly half of the day's total so far were bought during his show. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 2

QVC website: free shipping on everything today -- except:  "excluding items with shipping included." Way to kill the buzz, QVC.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Susan Graver said she revolutionized how woman dress. Take that anyway you want to. Also, Jill is wearing her white pants and as usual they are wrinkly.  

4BA7453D-7B50-4879-9CF3-A9BC7BF7D096.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 8

31 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Susan Graver said she revolutionized how woman dress. Take that anyway you want to. Also, Jill is wearing her white pants and as usual they are wrinkly.  

Jilly just couldn't wait to turn 50. She took that as her license to give up.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Sandra's in The Bahamas for her anniversary  (wedding, not work).

I guess they're supposed to be on social media. But they could keep it work related.

The first thing I thought when I saw this is: "And I need to know this, why exactly?" No more than I need to know about the life of a Walmart cashier I often see.

I guess there are some people who are interested. I'm just saying I'M not.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

After all these years Susan still doesn't know where the camera is. She only looks into the monitor, and she's looking into it 90% of the time. You can see it in this photo, Jill looking into the camera and Susan looking as usual into the monitor.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Someone wondered why the Sandra and Alberti Beauty show wasn't on and if it was canceled.  I merely used a visual to explain her absence. Of course, I could have just said "she's away", but any opportunity  to see a pic is welcomed. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

13 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Someone wondered why the Sandra and Alberti Beauty show wasn't on and if it was canceled.  I merely used a visual to explain her absence. Of course, I could have just said "she's away", but any opportunity  to see a pic is welcomed. 

I like Sandra and was glad to see the photo; thanks for posting it.  If social media were only for things I "needed to know" about other people it definitely wouldn't exist. 

We're going to at least 3 engagement parties this year and at least 2 weddings... would it be a jinx to pick up some contour silver KitchenAids while they're still on a TSV price..?

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

I have to say that with all the complaining I did the other week about the first iteration of QVC's new graphics, Beauty IQ's graphics make those look fabulous.  BiQ features small fonts with faded colors that are difficult to read, and the main font is really bad for TV. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

I like Sandra and was glad to see the photo; thanks for posting it.  If social media were only for things I "needed to know" about other people it definitely wouldn't exist. 

We're going to at least 3 engagement parties this year and at least 2 weddings... would it be a jinx to pick up some contour silver KitchenAids while they're still on a TSV price..?

Get the KitchenAid food chopper for the bridal showers (or engagement parties) and get the matching mixers for the wedding. So says Jill.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

depends only if you know they are registered for one or want one,  and keep in mind as it gets Closer to wedding season many retailers feature them on specials 

• Like 5

WHY does Amy always bulldoze and talk over everyone? And she keeps talking.

Usually, one would think that the person who starts the interrupting, would stop talking, and wait. But she insists on continuing to talk over people until THEY eventually just finish what they were saying (and Amy is STILL talking.) The over-talking goes on for multiple long sentences -- too long. You can't make out what anyone is saying. She's running off at the mouth at mile a minute. OMG, she needs to shut the hell up.

Even when she's by herself she says some of THE dumbest things I've ever heard. UGH. It's painful.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Must be a dull night.  No one is posting.  I'm not watching!

Boring TSV, IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Well, they're done presenting it for the day. I caught the end of Skunky's sell. She admits that she has ANOTHER brand of detector. She needs to keep that to herself and sell what's in front of her. 

I guess she'll stick around to shill an overpriced, piece of crap PLW TSV. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Boring TSV, IMO. 

I haven't been watching it as much lately, mainly because I don't want to buy anything.

Though I did buy some Earth sandals on the free shipping day, so at least I didn't have to pay an extra $5.50 for that.

a350744_172.102?$ussmall$

A350744

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

Boring TSV, IMO. 

I'm really interested in getting outside security cameras, but between the time needed to study about them, and the daily stories of hackers getting into them, I haven't gotten seriously into it yet.  

Also, I hardly ever watch anymore.  If I wake up in the middle of the night I might turn on the Q, but now it's all annoying newbies or mostly annoying journeywomen, so that doesn't last long, lol.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm really interested in getting outside security cameras, but between the time needed to study about them, and the daily stories of hackers getting into them, I haven't gotten seriously into it yet.  

Also, I hardly ever watch anymore.  If I wake up in the middle of the night I might turn on the Q, but now it's all annoying newbies or mostly annoying journeywomen, so that doesn't last long, lol.

Edit - If the Arlo cameras aren't the TSV you were referring to, blame the fact that I don't know what the hell the TSV is anymore, lol.  Could be one of dozens of "TSVs" featured on the website.

Edit to the edit - I don't know why, but suddenly I've taken to quoting myself instead of editing the post.  <head/desk>

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

13 hours ago, selhars said:

Even when she's by herself she says some of THE dumbest things I've ever heard. UGH. It's painful.

she does,    have no patience for stuff like that

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

Boring TSV, IMO. 

I didn't watch at all yesterday. I took one look at the program guide, realized the entire day would be a snooze fest, and didn't check in once. Unfortunately, more and more days are like this on the Q. Like others here, I'm watching much less than I used to. You know it's bad when there isn't even much to snark about!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Edit to the edit - I don't know why, but suddenly I've taken to quoting myself instead of editing the post.  <head/desk

i wish they had tweaked the quote function with the update but apparently no 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I haven't been watching it as much lately, mainly because I don't want to buy anything.

Though I did buy some Earth sandals on the free shipping day, so at least I didn't have to pay an extra $5.50 for that.

A350744

I like those sandals, @DownTheShore!  

And yes, @SuprSuprElevated, I was referring to the boring (IMO) Arlo camera TSV.

• Like 3

Caro doesn't look that bad in the TSV, could be a bit longer on her, but the color is nice, and it's not tight, 

it's a battle of the mouths though between her and Alina  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

A350744

Great shoes.  I try not to buy things with velcro...er...hook and loop.  How do you get the gunk out that builds up over time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnnaCody said:

Great shoes.  I try not to buy things with velcro...er...hook and loop.  How do you get the gunk out that builds up over time?

I don't know if this is a rhetorical question, but I pick it out with a long pin or needle. But they better be a really cute pair of shoes to go through that effort.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Edit - If the Arlo cameras aren't the TSV you were referring to, blame the fact that I don't know what the hell the TSV is anymore, lol.  Could be one of dozens of "TSVs" featured on the website.

Edit to the edit - I don't know why, but suddenly I've taken to quoting myself instead of editing the post.  <head/desk>

I'm doing the same thing re: editing.  It's because they switched the icons around and so we're used to clicking the 2nd icon in, which used to be edit.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

JRT keeps saying it's "Tuesday Vibe with Jane and Shawn."  Really.  Is this a new thing? Bleccchhhh.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

I like the look of the Earth Origins sneaker A-350402 -- but as someone mentioned elsewhere, most sneakers look hot/sweaty and all I can think is how constrained and sweaty my feet would get in these.   These have bungee cord laces (tight) and come up so far in the front of the foot, too.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

One of my favorite ads. 

Home security cameras? Thank you, no.

I love those mayhem commercials

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

JRT keeps saying it's "Tuesday Vibe with Jane and Shawn."  Really.  Is this a new thing? Bleccchhhh.

The word "vibe" coupled with Jane and Shawn is the last thing I want to imagine. 😉

• Like 5

I’m posting this at 4:48 eastern time. I tried to access QVC’s website, and couldn’t get on it via any browser I tried - Safari or Chrome, and I also tried Google. Nothing comes up - the page is blank. Is their website down? 

ETA - Never mind; it’s back up now.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

38 minutes ago, Booney said:

I’m posting this at 4:48 eastern time. I tried to access QVC’s website, and couldn’t get on it via any browser I tried - Safari or Chrome, and I also tried Google. Nothing comes up - the page is blank. Is their website down? 

ETA - Never mind; it’s back up now.

Interesting. I was straming the Ho live and it went out about that time

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Once again, I will rant:  The Vintage Wine Estates wines are not worth $25 a bottle retail for 3 ($75), or $289 for 12, regardless of what Q says (trust me, I can get Layer Cake wine for $12 around here).  $41/$116 at the one day only price is better, but they're still making money.  Won't begrudge you if you buy from the Q, but just go to a good local wine store and get advice.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

1 minute ago, LeeDenny said:

That looks awfully close to a design patent infringement.

QVC has never been shy to knock off their vendor's products, but Mr. Dyson doesn't play, plus I dunno why they would jeopardize the relationship.  They seem to devote an incredible amount of airtime to Dyson products.  

• Like 3

Someone's feeling bullish - Calista-Air-Shot

sailing close to wind on that one, ?

31 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

QVC has never been shy to knock off their vendor's products, but Mr. Dyson doesn't play, plus I dunno why they would jeopardize the relationship.  They seem to devote an incredible amount of airtime to Dyson products.  

unless they copied the look ? 

will be interesting 

• Like 2

Oh dear.  A350993a350993.jpg

What ? You don't want grommets and too much gathered fabric at the widest part of your body (generalization, on MOST people) ?    😉 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1