SilverStormm

QVC

3 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I feel the same way about everything in here being a podcast vs something I can read. 

I have tried with podcasts but the first 5 minutes or so are taken up with cutesy talking about their week or other BS and I don't have the patience to wait till they get to topic,  

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I have tried with podcasts but the first 5 minutes or so are taken up with cutesy talking about their week or other BS and I don't have the patience to wait till they get to topic,  

Bloviation Nation.

• Like 7

So....it's great to be back online with all of you!

Remember this hot little number?  Well, Thursday night, it was a prime time special for QVC.  The price?  $24.49!!  I can't even remember what it was before when it used to a prime time special, but in the $35-$40 range, I think!    Sadly, it's back up to $48.....if you missed it at the incredible low price on Thursday night, I'm sure it will be back!

image.png.432429f7080ff8b3f750c10fdbff2f1b.png

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

So....it's great to be back online with all of you!

Remember this hot little number?  Well, Thursday night, it was a prime time special for QVC.  The price?  $24.49!!  I can't even remember what it was before when it used to a prime time special, but in the $35-$40 range, I think!    Sadly, it's back up to $48.....if you missed it at the incredible low price on Thursday night, I'm sure it will be back!

image.png.432429f7080ff8b3f750c10fdbff2f1b.png

With all the changes on the website, it was comforting to see that some things remained the same.

• Like 7

Can someone please explain to me what's going on with all the weird camera angles on the models today? And why are they entering and exiting the screen directly in front of the camera lens? Did everyone quit and the production booth is being run by college interns or something? I'm getting dizzy watching LOGO.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Can someone please explain to me what's going on with all the weird camera angles on the models today? And why are they entering and exiting the screen directly in front of the camera lens? Did everyone quit and the production booth is being run by college interns or something? I'm getting dizzy watching LOGO.

I snapped these pics while the site was down. It was another JAI show, with Jill hosting, and they were doing the weird camera angles with the models. I don’t get why they’re doing this.

2A8CAD95-4BE4-413F-8D18-CF1646F23CE9.thumb.jpeg.409bbab629ed81fd229fe1039a49f494.jpeg

D77D2406-3140-4CE3-91EA-7A8430C6B988.thumb.jpeg.93efacd86814711b33ea54e3979dd0e1.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Booney said:

I snapped these pics while the site was down. It was another JAI show, with Jill hosting, and they were doing the weird camera angles with the models. I don’t get why they’re doing this.

2A8CAD95-4BE4-413F-8D18-CF1646F23CE9.thumb.jpeg.409bbab629ed81fd229fe1039a49f494.jpeg

D77D2406-3140-4CE3-91EA-7A8430C6B988.thumb.jpeg.93efacd86814711b33ea54e3979dd0e1.jpeg

Adai and the other model look physically pained with the way they're twisted around in those chairs. I wonder who's bright idea it was to implement all these changes? 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Someone has clearly taken the strategy of "we're your friends just sitting around having fun, while we tell you (not sell mind you, but "give you the inside scoop") about these great products"...to an extreme.

QVC's camera work has AWLAYS sucked.  A host would hold a product and wait for the camera shot to come...and wait.....and wait, and wait. Some times I could tell they just gave up and moved on. The camera reaction time is horrible. I don't know who the directors are. But their on-air results are horrid.

Please just let hosts and OAPS go back to a table and chair.

• Like 10

the sitting around thing is OK but the model shots are odd, they need to rework that part,  

I think the concept is good 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, selhars said:

Someone has clearly taken the strategy of "we're your friends just sitting around having fun, while we tell you (not sell mind you, but "give you the inside scoop") about these great products"...to an extreme.

QVC's camera work has AWLAYS sucked.  A host would hold a product and wait for the camera shot to come...and wait.....and wait, and wait. Some times I could tell they just gave up and moved on. The camera reaction time is horrible. I don't know who the directors are. But their on-air results are horrid.

I'm thinking I read (perhaps here) that the cameras were computerized/programmed, and not necessarily being operated by a human.  It would explain why the reaction times are so often awkward.  I get what you mean.

Heads up to all of you air fryer fans.  I see there's a new kid in school...

NuWave-Brio-10-qt-Digital-Air-Fryer

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm thinking I read (perhaps here) that the cameras were computerized/programmed, and not necessarily being operated by a human.  It would explain why the reaction times are so often awkward.  I get what you mean.

Heads up to all of you air fryer fans.  I see there's a new kid in school...

NuWave-Brio-10-qt-Digital-Air-Fryer

some of the cameras are "robot" cameras with no person operating them, but they must be controlled by something.  If you take the tour you can what it looks like, 

it's just the host sitting/standing and talking seemingly to themselves on the set.  and the camera on a jib moving around . 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, selhars said:

This. Applies to HSN, as well. During recent fashion clearance shows, ones hosted by Suzanne, specifically, she kept trying to provide some close-up details which is always appreciated by the home shopper. But instead of showing what she was pointing out, they kept defaulting to B rolls of models doing photo shoots, lightbulbs flashing, etc. Completely irrelevant to the item being sold and beyond annoying. Meanwhile, as you mention, she'd give up, move on to the next item (clearance shows are faster paced).

Having recently gone to over-the-air programming, the odd seating and camera angles kind of remind me of the old epis of Password on Buzzr where the clue board was awkwardly positioned behind one team forcing them to turn around, crane their necks to view it. (At the time, acknowledging set designs were simpler, didn't have digital graphics, etc...no one thought that was stupid placement?)

• Like 3

Back a few pages ...

The eye dropper on my Facemilk has not been a huge problem.  I drop it in my palm, then use finger from other hand to spread it out.  So as not to lose any of it, I then "palm" my face with the leftover stuff!  I do think the Facemilk packaging is deceptive -- you aren't getting as much as it seems in the bottle. Sigh.  Pretty bottle, but I'd rather pay less for a less pretty package.

The Q graphics aren't that difficult to read on my big screen TV.  Still, not so sure why they had to change it.

The "talk show" setting does seem weird, mostly because the models are so awkwardly posed.  Have not seen it on air yet.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5

On 2/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, AdeleDazeem said:

I disagree with everyone's assessment of the new QVC logo.  I find it to be cutting edge computer graphics  -- for 1989.  Now, excuse me while I log in to Pine to check my email.

You mean the AOL disk you found in the middle of a magazine!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

Yes I read that also.

• Like 2

have the Q on while I am doing some work but Rachel is over the top, squeaky and hand clappy

that its' super annoying 

but I suppose having to shill that car start thing for an hour would test the best of us.  BTW they should use an older car for the demo not a brand new SUV 

• Like 6

So this new thing is now better than the one that Sarah Halo Bolt sold to everyone? I guess that's retail....there is always something new and better....

Rachel even did that squeal that she did in the Halo video with Kerstin that they showed a billion times!

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

So this new thing is now better than the one that Sarah Halo Bolt sold to everyone? I guess that's retail....there is always something new and better....

Rachel even did that squeal that she did in the Halo video with Kerstin that they showed a billion times!

I only watched briefly, but it looks more awkward to use imo.  Price is better than Q sells the Halo Bolt for, but that and similar products can be found elsewhere for less than the flashlight thingy also.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Booney said:

Poor Jilly Bean. Can't slouch in the comfy chair and still manage to keep her chin upright to prevent looking jowly. Bet that upright position is going to cause a backache.

The new website design is a PITA to load on my cell phone. All those frames keep jittering around until everything finally loads, and you have to scroll through a bunch of targeted crap just to see what's on the air.

Thank you, Q, for an additional incentive to break my Q shopping habit. Much obliged.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Can't sell mattresses on ITKWD, but here comes the car jump starter.

That’s because David isn’t there.  He’s on another vacay.....mmmmm.

Didn’t he just go on one?  Maybe the cold weather is too much for him or something is up.  

I think the TSV is kinda dumb.  Yeah, a charger on the flashlight isn’t a bad but the cables are too short where you can’t illuminate the inside of the car when plugging in the charger.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

I wonder if with the demo vehicles they have a stack of nearly-dead batteries they briefly install in order to show how the jump-starters work, especially since the demo vehicle gets turned off shortly after it starts (if any of you have had to jump-start a car, you have to leave it hooked up to the power source for longer than that).  Those vehicles are too new to have bad batteries.

Edit:  I know you can drain the battery of even a new car by doing something like leaving the lights on by accident, but these are the same cars they've been using since midnight.

Furthermore:  Instead of doing this inside, they should get a bunch of cars, put them outside (or even keep them inside), keep the interior lights on long enough to drain the batteries, and then give them a jump.  "Hey, this car has been out here for 8 hours with the interior lights on and won't start on its own but it will now!" 

Sure, not as reliable and convenient as what they're doing but more relate-able. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5

If they wanted to make the car charger demonstration more relatable then they should use old junkers instead of new cars.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

but I suppose having to shill that car start thing for an hour would test the best of us.  BTW they should use an older car for the demo not a brand new SUV 

I have always thought about this, even when they are shilling the Halo (which I bought, but for other reasons that didn't have a thing to do with my car!).  I've owned five cars since 1991. Not one of them ever had an issue that required a "jump". 

• Like 3

I see QVC is back to NOT listening....and showing the non-kitchen/food TSV during ITKWD.

Oy vey.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I have always thought about this, even when they are shilling the Halo (which I bought, but for other reasons that didn't have a thing to do with my car!).  I've owned five cars since 1991. Not one of them ever had an issue that required a "jump". 

I have both needed jumps and given a jump.  Sometimes the battery is near the end of its life.  But if you don't drive much the car just sits and when you're ready to go somewhere, there's the surprise, especially if it's really hot or really cold.  Or you leave lights on. 

But there is a point where a jump-start will not work, and that's if the battery is dead.  Sometimes it needs replacement when it's done for, and other times it needs to be towed to a mechanic for them to get it going because it's fine but needs an extra helping hand.  I'm not sure a product like this could do the latter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

That’s because David isn’t there.  He’s on another vacay.....mmmmm.

Didn’t he just go on one?  Maybe the cold weather is too much for him or something is up.  

I think the TSV is kinda dumb.  Yeah, a charger on the flashlight isn’t a bad but the cables are too short where you can’t illuminate the inside of the car when plugging in the charger.  

We love our Halo bolt. Have used it jump start older vehicles with dead batteries. Also used the flashlight for power outages and going to the very dark basement to pull out the generator and then outside to hook up said generator. I gited a couple to family members 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Tshopstoo said:

We love our Halo bolt. Have used it jump start older vehicles with dead batteries. Also used the flashlight for power outages and going to the very dark basement to pull out the generator and then outside to hook up said generator. I gited a couple to family members 

Will defer to this.  I will add that I have a similar product from Energizer, although I haven't had to use it yet to jumpstart the car and have to make sure it's charged.

But there does come a point where a battery is dead, Jim.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I have both needed jumps and given a jump.  Sometimes the battery is near the end of its life.  But if you don't drive much the car just sits and when you're ready to go somewhere, there's the surprise, especially if it's really hot or really cold.  Or you leave lights on. 

But there is a point where a jump-start will not work, and that's if the battery is dead.  Sometimes it needs replacement when it's done for, and other times it needs to be towed to a mechanic for them to get it going because it's fine but needs an extra helping hand.  I'm not sure a product like this could do the latter.

I have a device similar to the TSV which was a godsend. Old car (with some issues) and too long between drives.... and trips never long enough (or too much time just spent sitting, idling in traffic) to where battery wasn't getting charged. Although obviously not the recommended way to 'maintain' a car, it allowed me to still have use of the car. Easy and alleviated the anxiety by knowing I could get the car started.

• Like 5

A PSA, my son is a mechanic. He said a battery charger is far preferable to jumping your car. So a Halo, Bolt, whatever, are good for being stuck in a parking lot, but at home you should hook up your battery to a charger.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

A PSA, my son is a mechanic. He said a battery charger is far preferable to jumping your car. So a Halo, Bolt, whatever, are good for being stuck in a parking lot, but at home you should hook up your battery to a charger.

Would that I could. In my many years living in a condo, and now an apt, there's no outlet/power source in the garage available to tenants.

• Like 5

I think behavior of some of the hosts has become more intense    Or worse since the merger 

thoughts, I think i have been watching less 

• Like 2

^^ Makes you wonder what drugs people are on.

(But we all have our thing, I guess.)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 1

It's all a matter of disposable cash and one's economic background, I think. If having a few hundred on you all the time is pocket change, then the price is no big deal. If you have moths in your wallet like me, you justify every purchase. 😊

• Like 8

vomits. first we had Lug Nuts, Argan-outs

now we have Barefoot Dreamers

that's is just annoying 

going to the gym 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

first we had Lug Nuts, Argan-outs

now we have Barefoot Dreamers

tenor.gif

CuddlDudes

Germack's MackDaddys

Susan Graver's Liquid kNitwits

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Is it just me or has the Q raised their prices? On the new fashion items being shown today the prices are ending in .92 and other such unusual numbers. Is that to distract us from the high pricetag of these items?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Kerstin is acting ridiculous with Martha! She wants her to like her and be her friend so bad. She's grinning like a moron and her voice is screeching! Martha is selling her stuff, that's it. Kerstin is telling her every host has her jeans in the host room because she has the best denim in the bldg! She's so stupid.

• Like 7

I hate those new cutesy ads with Shawn and Amy, making them look like BFFs.   I fear for Amy when Shawn has her arm hooked around Amy's neck. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Tshopstoo said:

Is it just me or has the Q raised their prices? On the new fashion items being shown today the prices are ending in .92 and other such unusual numbers. Is that to distract us from the high pricetag of these items?

It's not just you!  While I don't buy much by way of clothing from QVC, I notice the pricing on clothing, as well as everything else.  I've also seen some host's Facebook accounts, where just about every 5 posts is a Q customer complaining about the high pricing.

For me, it started about 9-12 months ago.  Giving me $3 - $4 off of an item and then, in some cases charging me $5.50 for shipping, doesn't make them that great of a deal.  The only thing I will say is that for some beauty items - of which I buy the most from QVC - you can really get some great deals.  They are supersized, have a brush or a bonus you won't get anywhere else, etc.  You just have to decide what's important as the consumer - supersize product that you'll be able to use before it goes bad?  Don't need the brush?  And then comparison shop from there.

• Like 8

I really like the PLW Jean jacket with the colorful braiding accents, but it is so short it would not flatter my shape -- and $134????!!!! 

Oh gross, it says "peacemaker" under the collar.  Too much.

• Like 5

QVC presented caftans tonight and admitted it too in the graphics. Actual 70s Mrs. Roper apparel . . . All time lows? A step up from pj's since they were suggested to wear with jeans or to a wedding? Or staying loyal to their demographic? 

• Like 7

I don't remember whether it was the Halo, or some other brand of "charger," but  I read a review elsewhere years ago that said they can't be used on EVERY vehicle....and that hosts are negligent and absolutely misleading NOT to say it won't work with certain kins of cars. Maybe that's changed in the intervening years, but I know I'd be pissed if I bought it, and it didn't work with my car.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, selhars said:

I don't remember whether it was the Halo, or some other brand of "charger," but  I read a review elsewhere years ago that said they can't be used on EVERY vehicle....and that hosts are negligent and absolutely misleading NOT to say it won't work with certain kins of cars. Maybe that's changed in the intervening years, but I know I'd be pissed if I bought it, and it didn't work with my car.

I think they can't be used on remote key thingies or keyless start cars like mine. but might be wrong.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

QVC presented caftans tonight and admitted it too in the graphics. Actual 70s Mrs. Roper apparel . . . All time lows? A step up from pj's since they were suggested to wear with jeans or to a wedding? Or staying loyal to their demographic? 

They've sold them for several years as I recall.  The Joan Rivers line had several at one time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

They've sold them for several years as I recall.  The Joan Rivers line had several at one time.

I bought one of those , love it for the summer 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

I really like the PLW Jean jacket with the colorful braiding accents

Me too..definite native american flavor

Saw that it was PLW...

and I passed

• Like 7