iHateAmpersands

Springfield of Dreams: The Legend of Homer Simpson

An hour-long special that will air this Sunday afternoon (the 22nd) at 4:30 PM ET after the FOX NFL Postgame show.

From the TV listings on zap2it:

A comedic ``Simpsonized'' documentary celebrating the legendary episode ``Homer at the Bat'' and Homer's induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame; interviews with baseball players, historians, and sportscasters; never-before-seen animation.

The link about the induction is here.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • Like 1

This was great, much better than I expected. You gotta appreciate how they stretched out an hour, I saw at least six other episodes besides Homer At The Bat cribbed to make up the footage. I'm impressed that they included Hans Sprungfeld, Shelbyville Manhattan, and even Dancin' Homer in this.

I love how they got most of the ringers involved in this, like Steve Sax, Jose Canseco, Mike Scoscia, Ken Griffey Jr, Ozzie Smith, and even Wade Boggs (the whole special was worth it to see him defend Pitt The Elder). I wish Don Mattingly was able to talk about his sideburns, they had to drag in Tim Gunn instead. Harry Shearer wasn't involved either, commentary from Smithers and Burns was definitely missed. So instead we got lots of Wiggum, who wasn't even on their team!

Dragging in Neil deGrasse Tyson to explain the Springfield Mystery Spot was a great touch, as was "Brad Pitt" and "John Swartzwelder" played by Nick Offerman (and later as W, with just a cowboy hat).

"Jose Conseco once said the worst misfortunes are the ones that don't happen."

(cut to Canseco)

"Why would I say that?"

That was great.

Bob Costas was hilarious in this.  Always like when he shows off his sense of humor in shows/movies, he's willing to go all out.

Steve Sax being pissed about being accused of 600 murders was great.

The whole thing was fantastic, but Costas and Sax were the stars.

3 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

How did I miss this? Where did it air?

My dvr says channel FS1 (I think it's  Fox Sports 1) will air this again 10/25 at 1:00 am, 10/26 at 10:00 pm and 10/28 at 1:00 am.

Definitely my fave Simpsons ep of the year. Big snaps to all the baseball players that participated with this along with the others like Bob Costas, NDT, etc.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

My dvr says channel FS1 (I think it's  Fox Sports 1) will air this again 10/25 at 1:00 am, 10/26 at 10:00 pm and 10/28 at 1:00 am.

Definitely my fave Simpsons ep of the year. Big snaps to all the baseball players that participated with this along with the others like Bob Costas, NDT, etc.

Thank you! Found the listing and set my DVR.

On 10/23/2017 at 0:58 AM, Aileen said:

I haven't watched new Simpsons episodes in years, but saw this. It was really well done and a lot of fun.

Same here.  Loved the callbacks to some of my favorites from the episode...Ozzie Smith & the mystery spot Neil DeGrasse Tyson discussing it was great.  Wade Boggs and Barney fighting over Lord Palmerston and Pitt the Elder still cracks me up every time I see it,