Jump to content
boes

Spoilers And Shockers

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why would they use the original Anjelica just weeks before she's coming back as a different character?  Didn't they think that would just confuse people?

Actually, my girl Jane Elliot was the original Anjelica(unless someone played her before JE and I don't remember it).

I think the point of bringing JC back this week is to refresh viewer's memories or something ?

I would have loved to see JE back in the role though-I think Ron enjoyed writing for her on GH. He actually gave her Joe Scully Jr, and for that, I will forever appreciate him.

JC is a good actress though-but this show barely uses Kate. So while I can see bringing JC back to introduce Alexander or for some other plot point reason-I think she'd be wasted.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Actually, my girl Jane Elliot was the original Anjelica(unless someone played her before JE and I don't remember it).

The order of actresses playing Anjelica is: Jane Elliott, Shelley Taylor Morgan (for like 5 minutes), then Judith Chapman. (I just cannot count Morgan Fairchild's awful version! But, if one does, she is obviously post Chapman's last run from long ago - late '80s/early '90s.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Oh no.  Is she signing a long term contract?  Here I was enjoying the show and TIIC go and ruin it for me.

No, it's just until Abigail leaves.  Presumably helping Chad off the show.

 

-----

I read the baby's name is Emily.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

No, it's just until Abigail leaves.  Presumably helping Chad off the show.

 

-----

I read the baby's name is Emily.

chabbys baby? I thought it was charolette?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

chabbys baby? I thought it was charolette?

Rex and Mimi's daughter is named Emily.

Someone on twitter scanned the SOD articles about Sarah dumping Rex over his sleeping with Mimi as well Sami getting proof that it's EJ that she rescued then EJami leaving for Europe along with Susan. The tweet is floating around in the Days hashtag.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

Rex and Mimi's daughter is named Emily.

Someone on twitter scanned the SOD articles about Sarah dumping Rex over his sleeping with Mimi as well Sami getting proof that it's EJ that she rescued then EJami leaving for Europe along with Susan. The tweet is floating around in the Days hashtag.

Okay thanks Emily is better than baby Bonnie for sure and I'm glad her name isn't gigi lol.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

No, it's just until Abigail leaves.  Presumably helping Chad off the show.

Well that's good news!  I'm looking forward to an Abigail-free DOOL, and if dealing with KM for a few months is the way to get it then I'll deal.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I read the baby's name is Emily.

Huh.  Does that name mean anything in the DOOL pantheon?  Or I wonder if it means something to Farah Fath or Ron?  Because otherwise...why the big secrecy about the real name if it wasn't going to be something wink-y like Gigi or Sierra or Shane-ina?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Huh.  Does that name mean anything in the DOOL pantheon?  Or I wonder if it means something to Farah Fath or Ron?  Because otherwise...why the big secrecy about the real name if it wasn't going to be something wink-y like Gigi or Sierra or Shane-ina?

I don't think so but before the name was confirmed I had read a rumor that the name was faith lol.

 

there's been lots of girls born lately on days holly,emily,pretty sure chabbys is a girl too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

When Lucas leave Salem he should take BAby Bonnie with him.  Bonnie only using her while Mimi did not give a heck how much Lucas would be hurt when he found out the baby was not his.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, Lastwaltz said:

If the star of this show becomes Lani, for god's sake, I'm out for real. 

I could've sworn I heard awhile back that Lani was leaving the show? I could well be wrong, of course, and I'm too lazy to go back through this thread and see if I imagined the news. Damn this six month filming gap - it takes so long for things to show up onscreen that it's not really worth bothering to spoil myself, since I forget what I've read by the time it's supposed to happen!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Nah.  Sal Stowers renewed her contract, so Lani will be staying.

She has a pretty sweet gig there right now, hardly working, lol. Maybe there's more in store for Lani and Eli, but I find her pretty boring. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Week of November 12

Monday November 12:

Chad helps Abigail as she goes into labor.

Tuesday November 13:

Gabi pleads with Stefan to keep her secret.

Wednesday November 14:

Brady confesses the truth to Paul.

Thursday November 15:

Eric tries to help Sarah as she causes a scene at the pub.

Lucas says goodbye to Chloe before leaving town when Bryan Dattilo exits Days of our Lives.

Friday November 16:

Claire's plot unravels as Ben gets the truth out of Wyatt when Scott Shilstone returns to Days.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Do we know the in-show reason for Lucas' exit yet?  It seems to be coming at a bit of a strange time since he has had the Bonnie / Baby Bonnie story for the past month and his relationship with Chloe is still going.

The only thing that would really makes sense would be if the whole Baby Bonnie thing made him realise he didn't want to be so far away from Allie anymore so he goes to live where she is, or takes her on an around-the-world trip etc. so they can spend an extended period of time together.  It better not be something lame like he just decides to go back and live in Hong Kong out of the blue.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/31/2018 at 4:52 PM, Silver Raven said:

Why would they use the original Anjelica just weeks before she's coming back as a different character?  Didn't they think that would just confuse people?

Jane Elliot is back on Days and playing two different characters? I might just tune into this dreck again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Jane Elliot is back on Days and playing two different characters? I might just tune into this dreck again.

Not Jane Eliot, Judith Chapman.  I misspoke when I said "original".  She played an undead Anejlica in the Halloween episode and will be coming back as Leo's mother.  Which makes me wonder if Anjelica will be Leo's mother.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I'm surprisingly happy about Brady telling Paul the truth lol.

but why does he take it upon himself, I wonder? Does he learn from his experience manipulating Eric and Nicole and decide to out Will? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I'm surprisingly happy about Brady telling Paul the truth lol.

 

I am too, heh, I thought they would pull the old played out “He’ll wheel in on them kissing/professing love to each other* tripe. 

I am getting that they are going to imply Brady feels he must come clean with what he knows because of Eric and Nicole, he doesn’t want to hurt another brother by perpetuating a lie. It’s better to hurt Paul now than down the road. 

 

8 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

but why does he take it upon himself, I wonder? Does he learn from his experience manipulating Eric and Nicole and decide to out Will? 

 

Yes, I agree.  

As I mentioned above I feel that makes a lot of sense and could possibly lead to some good last scenes between Eric and Christopher.

I always thought they didn’t share enough scenes, I think they compliment one another’s acting style quite well. 

I have a feeling though Paul will exit just as smiley and robotic as usual, he will “totally understand” the true love between the twerps cannot be denied nor deferred and he wishes them the best and brightest life together before he’s wheeled out stage right. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

It never occurred to me that this Gabi fallout might drive a deeper wedge between Rafe and Hope! Now there's something to look forward to! And with Jordan returning to town soon, things could finally be wrapping up with this terrible, terrible couple. Can't wait.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Jordan is BORING. But so is Rafe. So may they get together and bore each other to ETERNITY - off screen. Repair Hope. Then cast someone she has sparks with. (I know many will say Aidan, but the ship has sailed. So, move forward and cast someone good, show!)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

but why does he take it upon himself, I wonder? Does he learn from his experience manipulating Eric and Nicole and decide to out Will? 

Paul is probably going on and on and on about Will, saying that he’s the best, he’s the greatest, and that he just loves him so and Brady is all, “No, look...”

Now, I wonder if Brady is all “Will is in love with Sonny!” Or does he tell the whole truth, as in his part in everything?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Paul is probably going on and on and on about Will, saying that he’s the best, he’s the greatest, and that he just loves him so and Brady is all, “No, look...”

Now, I wonder if Brady is all “Will is in love with Sonny!” Or does he tell the whole truth, as in his part in everything?

 

I could definitely see Paul singing Will’s praises after they move into the new apartment, so over the moon Will has dedicated himself to their love and relationship for the future.

That also could be a triggering moment for Brady when he finds out about the move, knowing Will’s commitment could wane at any time and yet he’s all set up to play house with Paul in the meantime. 

If the writers really wanted to utilize the actors’ talents the whole truth would come out. I would love to see Paul given one last shot to show real emotion beyond a smile or tears. Let him rage or rant or something, anything, for once.

This is a soap dammit, I want some drama, heh, it’s just been so boring to watch so far. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

 

I could definitely see Paul singing Will’s praises after they move into the new apartment, so over the moon Will has dedicated himself to their love and relationship for the future.

That also could be a triggering moment for Brady when he finds out about the move, knowing Will’s commitment could wane at any time and yet he’s all set up to play house with Paul in the meantime. 

If the writers really wanted to utilize the actors’ talents the whole truth would come out. I would love to see Paul given one last shot to show real emotion beyond a smile or tears. Let him rage or rant or something, anything, for once.

This is a soap dammit, I want some drama, heh, it’s just been so boring to watch so far. 

I have to wonder if Ron is not being muzzled by the show.  He wrote beautifully for Kish on One Life To Live.   Christopher leaving probable put a dent in his plans, He could have done so much with Paul, I am not a big fan of his, but, he is still a blank slate in comparison to Will. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, it's too bad Paul will probably be all, "Bygones!" when he finds out about Will and Sonny, a scene where he presses Will on why he lied to him and gave him false hope when he gave Will all kind of outs would be great.  But that would get in the way of Will and Sonny getting right back together, I guess, and then steamrolling into whatever drama Ron's cooking up with Leo.

I do sympathize with Ron that it's clear this was supposed to be a longer, deeper story and CS deciding to leave threw that into chaos.  But as I said earlier, all steam and momentum has been lost so I'm ready for it to be wrapped up ASAP.  Because whatever is coming with Leo will at least be soapy and not boring and, you know, on-screen.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Casting someone won't be necessary.  Per Soap Opera Digest, the man in question is going to be Ted, who is returning soon.

Barf.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed Ted making people miserable both via lawyering and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" blackmail notes when last he was here.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, they're pairing Ted and Hope?

I was gonna make a joke about how Hope should be better than Kate's sloppy seconds, but...you know...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have to wonder if Ron is not being muzzled by the show.  He wrote beautifully for Kish on One Life To Live.   Christopher leaving probable put a dent in his plans, He could have done so much with Paul, I am not a big fan of his, but, he is still a blank slate in comparison to Will. 

 

I wonder at times too because I have seen him capable of doing good work from time to time.

I just think Paul was an enormous waste of opportunity, he could have been anyone, related to a whole slew of people, what if he had been Tony’s long lost son instead of John’s for instance.

But the writing for him fizzled out so long ago, and I think CS just saw no point in sticking around to basically play a statue predetermined to lose out to Will and Sonny’s “romance”. He exited at the right time, imo, as things have consistently been a bit repetitive and boring, not just for the gay triangle but most of the show I feel personally. 

 

 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, it's too bad Paul will probably be all, "Bygones!" when he finds out about Will and Sonny, a scene where he presses Will on why he lied to him and gave him false hope when he gave Will all kind of outs would be great.  But that would get in the way of Will and Sonny getting right back together, I guess, and then steamrolling into whatever drama Ron's cooking up with Leo.

I do sympathize with Ron that it's clear this was supposed to be a longer, deeper story and CS deciding to leave threw that into chaos.  But as I said earlier, all steam and momentum has been lost so I'm ready for it to be wrapped up ASAP.  Because whatever is coming with Leo will at least be soapy and not boring and, you know, on-screen.

 

I would truly enjoy that kind of messy breakup, heh, Paul on a rampage makes me smile. 

But more than likely Paul will end apologizing to Will for feeling too guilty to just leave him and now that the truth is out he will step away and allow him to be with Sonny free and clear. 

I do have fingers crossed that Leo’s reappearance will spark some entertaining discord and devastation. I am just tired of being bored at this point. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, moreso than either pairing, I want the gays to be in fun, soapy stories like everyone else, and right now their story is not good and also mostly off-screen.  Whatever Ron has cooked up with Leo will hopefully correct that.

I am still very curious who the "spark of future romantic hope" or whatever is for Paul when he leaves. #voteMBB

ETA...you know what would actually be kinda funny?  If they had Guy Wilson pop in and play someone named "Bill" or "Lonny" or something that Paul meets on the plane outta town.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Believe me.  Not my first choice for her, either.  But Kristian and Gilles could be delightful together.  And any man is better than Rafe, at this point.

A potted plant is better than Rafe.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...you know what would actually be kinda funny?  If they had Guy Wilson pop in and play someone named "Bill" or "Lonny" or something that Paul meets on the plane outta town.

I love this.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...you know what would actually be kinda funny?  If they had Guy Wilson pop in and play someone named "Bill" or "Lonny" or something that Paul meets on the plane outta town.

That exact scenario happened on GH. Long story short, the actress that played recast Emily Quartermaine ended up playing her heretofore unknown twin when Emily was offed. In any case, when that character left town, she ran into a guy named Aaron on the plane, who was played by actor Chad Brannon, who was Emily's once-love interest/husband, Zander Smith.

So fake Zander/Aaron went off with fake Emily/Rebecca, into the sunset.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

I figured that Ron was probably a bit constrained in terms of better love interests for Hope since there were no other viable men on the canvas for her.  He was probably using Rafe as a placeholder until he found someone better.  Guess he thought Ted would fit the bill.

Yeah, I think there was such a strong insistence from the higher-ups on a Hope/Rafe pairing - they destroyed the perfectly viable Hope/Aiden pairing just to clear the path for Rope - that Ron had to wait for them to finally see that Rope was never going to be successful with the audience.

And, I should probably restate the above somewhat. I don't think it's so much that the higher-ups had a hard-on for Rope specifically, it's more that they had a hard-on for GG/Rafe. He'd been without a love interest since Jordan dumped him and there weren't really any viable women on the canvas for him outside of Hope. I think status played into their thinking too somewhat - an A-list leading man (hahahaha - only in their fevered imaginings) who accordingly should be paired with an A-list leading woman playing one of the most iconic characters, something GG hadn't had since the Safe pairing ended.

All I can think is that GG must come across a lot more charismatic in person than he does onscreen.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

That exact scenario happened on GH. Long story short, the actress that played recast Emily Quartermaine ended up playing her heretofore unknown twin when Emily was offed. In any case, when that character left town, she ran into a guy named Aaron on the plane, who was played by actor Chad Brannon, who was Emily's once-love interest/husband, Zander Smith.

So fake Zander/Aaron went off with fake Emily/Rebecca, into the sunset.

That's exactly what I was thinking of!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, moreso than either pairing, I want the gays to be in fun, soapy stories like everyone else, and right now their story is not good and also mostly off-screen.  Whatever Ron has cooked up with Leo will hopefully correct that.

I am still very curious who the "spark of future romantic hope" or whatever is for Paul when he leaves. #voteMBB

ETA...you know what would actually be kinda funny?  If they had Guy Wilson pop in and play someone named "Bill" or "Lonny" or something that Paul meets on the plane outta town.

 

 

How did you get into one of my head fantasies, heh. 

I have hoped for Guy to pop back up for over two years, I would just love, absolutely love if that happened. 

He still, to me, is the one actor Christopher had the best natural chemistry with.

They just took advantage of each other in every scene, in the best of ways, they weren’t afraid to get close, hot and bothered, they were like fire and ice, they had a real spark to them, it was like watching a really decent drama, not just a cheesy soap. 

I sigh just thinking about all the missed opportunities with them. A perfect time to have brought Guy back, IMO, would have been when Sonny ran out on their almost wedding. 

But also in agreement with you, if Guy doesn’t make an appearance, MBB is more than welcome to comfort Paul, heh. 

 

Quote

 

That exact scenario happened on GH. Long story short, the actress that played recast Emily Quartermaine ended up playing her heretofore unknown twin when Emily was offed. In any case, when that character left town, she ran into a guy named Aaron on the plane, who was played by actor Chad Brannon, who was Emily's once-love interest/husband, Zander Smith.

So fake Zander/Aaron went off with fake Emily/Rebecca, into the sunset.

 

 

Oh geez I remember that, heh, the memories of Guza’s GH reign. At least I think that was one of his pieces of work, if I am recalling correctly. 

Man I miss Chad, another wasted actor...it’d be nice to see him pop up again somewhere. Maybe Salem...

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

That exact scenario happened on GH. Long story short, the actress that played recast Emily Quartermaine ended up playing her heretofore unknown twin when Emily was offed. In any case, when that character left town, she ran into a guy named Aaron on the plane, who was played by actor Chad Brannon, who was Emily's once-love interest/husband, Zander Smith.

So fake Zander/Aaron went off with fake Emily/Rebecca, into the sunset.

I remember that.  I was on one of my General Hospital breaks at the time, but I sure tuned in to catch that.

And I hope the upcoming Leo nonsense is short.  It was interesting for about 2.5 seconds when Leo was forcing Sonny to marry him, but then it was just downhill after that.  Leo is just going to try to come between Sonny and Will and that is just boring.  Not interested in that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Leo is just going to try to come between Sonny and Will and that is just boring.  Not interested in that.

I get fans of the couple wanting a honeymoon period for them after they get back together (and I mean that figuratively, not literally, Will and Sonny marching right back down the aisle would be the least interesting thing they could do).  But, it's a soap and they're characters in their twenties, eventually, someone will try and come between them.

Although Leo, I think, won't want either of them romantically, he'll just want to take them for what he can.  Which, fair enough if you ask me, given Sonny "killed" him and then they rolled him up like trash in a rug.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I remember that.  I was on one of my General Hospital breaks at the time, but I sure tuned in to catch that.

And I hope the upcoming Leo nonsense is short.  It was interesting for about 2.5 seconds when Leo was forcing Sonny to marry him, but then it was just downhill after that.  Leo is just going to try to come between Sonny and Will and that is just boring.  Not interested in that.

Soaps for too long have relied on an interloper to make a couple interesting. A skilled writer would use the problems that Wilson had before Will died to give them character-driven stories.  Will's immaturity and inexperience with men could have been an obstacle for Wilson to overcome individually and collectively as a couple. Instead, the show wrote both Will and Sonny out of character to facilitate Will's affair with Paul..

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Wowzers, Chad/Abigail fans are going to be PISSED about those developments lol.  I don't particularly care.

In more pressing news, are we losing Valerie?  I flove her.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wowzers, Chad/Abigail fans are going to be PISSED about those developments lol.  I don't particularly care.

Oh MAN, am I pissed!! I thought for sure the tease of Chad delivering the baby meant that he had found out the truth and we'd be done with this godforsaken storyline. It is good soap, but this is one too many twists. Ugh. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

But wouldn't that be Gabi's cue to ensure the real paternity is revealed?  Abigail would be locked up and Stefan would be devastated losing his child.  Isn't that still her plan?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'd lost sight of what her actual plan is, lol! The end game was raising the baby and Thomas with Chad, yes....I wonder if Gabi will wind up locked up or just shunned for a while like Nicole would be after one of her schemes went south. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

 

Kinda over here cackling but this just proved how stupid Abigail was to turn around and marry Stefan when it could have been enough to just divorce Chad and leave well enough alone. LOL! She presented her news so smugly and with confidence and wound up with the very result she was trying to avoid. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×