CofCinci

S01.E08: Moment of Truth

2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

They aren't on the next season of 90 days.  And according to what I think I saw on my DVR, that season starts in like 2 weeks.

If any of these couples do make it to the 90 days, I'm thinking they'll be on the next season which should be in a few months.  

Instead of being nervous, you should look at the gifts you will receive, like Azan and the little bit big Nicole.  Remember, time means more opportunity for craziness we get to enjoy later.  :)

I can't!  Paul is worth like 20 Azans. Can you just imagine when the producers showed up and saw that he had cleared out REI for his trip for Brazil? They were probably besides themselves with glee. Or when the camera man watched his mom yank out a snarl of tangled hair from her brush for Paul to cherish? And his inept sign language? And the incident that was in the previews?

Paul is the best thing to happen to 90 Days. He is every fulfillment of my reality tv wishes made flesh.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

Are we talking about Chris, Abby's friend? He does not look to be in his 60s. I took him for similar age to Sean around late 40s early 50s. I didnt see the first episode so I dont know when they said he was a surgeon in his 60s but he doesnt look it. Unless you are talking about someone else.

I know they said both Sean and Chris' ages and that Chris was in his 60's.  IMO he does look to be in his 60's.  Remember 60 is the new 40 or at least 45.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2017 at 4:47 PM, SoshulMeedya said:

?? This right here is why you are one of my favorite posters. This is something I totally do. I'm not even kidding. They are often the source of my meditation during my walks. ?

Totally with you, SOSHULMEEDYA!  CoachWristletJen is one of my favorites too, and you are right up there with her.  This is a fun group.  Thanks for the entertainment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bedeleia DuMaurier said:

Totally with you, SOSHULMEEDYA!  CoachWristletJen is one of my favorites too, and you are right up there with her.  This is a fun group.  Thanks for the entertainment.

Oh, do go on! ;)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, loki310 said:

I can't!  Paul is worth like 20 Azans. Can you just imagine when the producers showed up and saw that he had cleared out REI for his trip for Brazil? They were probably besides themselves with glee. Or when the camera man watched his mom yank out a snarl of tangled hair from her brush for Paul to cherish? And his inept sign language? And the incident that was in the previews?

Paul is the best thing to happen to 90 Days. He is every fulfillment of my reality tv wishes made flesh.

Oh trust me, I know that Azan isn't in the same league as Paul, but that story isn't without it's charms.  Did Nicole discover that fabric can cover shoulders?  What excuse will Azan use to avoid PDAs now he's in the states?  

But sweet jiminy I can't wait to watch Paul tomorrow.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Oh trust me, I know that Azan isn't in the same league as Paul, but that story isn't without it's charms.  Did Nicole discover that fabric can cover shoulders?  What excuse will Azan use to avoid PDAs now he's in the states?  

But sweet jiminy I can't wait to watch Paul tomorrow.  

I'll DVR it. I'm all about Poldark tomorrow.

I had to wait six long days to watch this show ... it was worth it for the Paul preview. WOW. (As Larry said after Jenny pointed out that Manila has "A lot of buildings. A lot of traffic. A lot of people.")

Poor Larry. 

Him: "You're perfect for me."

Jenny: "Me too."

From Bibi:

Hotel front desk : Are you here for leisure or for work?

Larry: We are here for pleasure !

Front desk: Certainly sir.

Larry killed the game tonight.

His nervous grin at the camera ... oh Larry.

Also, did everyone notice that Darcy's chokerless neck was actually normal looking? That was a letdown.

I wish we had seen her in the bushes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Also, did everyone notice that Darcy's chokerless neck was actually normal looking? That was a letdown.

That was a prosthetic-neck choker. 

• Like 7

can someone post a link to the forum for the couples that are in the second hour that was shown after this episode? I can't even remember their names - Devar is the only one that comes to mind, and I can't  remember the name of their original show -

TIA!!

52 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

can someone post a link to the forum for the couples that are in the second hour that was shown after this episode? I can't even remember their names - Devar is the only one that comes to mind, and I can't  remember the name of their original show -

TIA!!

• Like 1

I feel like a broken record since this is now something like the 20th time that I've noted that the episode threads are for discussing what was shown and discussed IN THE EPISODE: not what Paul's secret is, not what Darcy is doing on Instagram, not Chris' profession and dating history, etc.  

That said, posters who continue revealing outside information past this point will receive official site warnings. 

This is not a difficult rule to follow. 

• Like 1

I just found this version of 90 Day. And am caught up through episode 8.

Unbelieveable! No words for Darcy.

Is Paul a nerd or what? He may be producer enhanced but he is only missing the white taped glasses. 

Patrick's mom cracked me up. But his disappointment was sad.

Hello, Larry...

I swear Sean is Mark2.o.

"He might be what they a Catfish"

• Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, StayingAfterSunday said:

As for Jesse possibly showboating his body, that's a possibility, but I think he is very good looking.  I would not be at all surprised to learn his motives for his being on the show include the exposure should he pursue acting (which we already may safely assume) and/or modeling.  

Darcey looks every bit of her 42 years - and then some - without her warpaint.  It was shocking - and somewhat pathetic - to see her barefaced and crying the day after the drinking and hiding-in-the-bushes debacle.  Clearly, Darcey is reaching the point of despair regarding the likelihood of a future with Jesse.  

Finally, I think I detect a correlation between Jesse's disapproval of Darcey's wine consumption and his mother's drinking.  His reaction, as unreasonable as it appeared, may originate in his family history of alcoholism or substance abuse.  Based on the limited amount of screen time we've seen of his mother and stepfather, I am going to speculate that both of them enjoy their "cocktails" a tad too much.  Assuming I'm correct on this hunch, then Jesse may have a knee-jerk response to seeing others, particularly someone he's dating, inbibe to excess.  He may have good reason to be worried since Darcey had been drinking with his mother earlier that same day and evidently didn't stop there.  She went out afterwards to a bar, suggesting the possibility, however remote, of a problem.

Yes I think he is good looking.  By the way everyone uses a TV show as a stepping stone. They would be stupid not to.

I didn't find Jesse's reaction unreasonable. I would be very upset if my S.O showed up late and drunk!   Especially if I had spent the evening cooking a romantic dinner and called you a thousand times (you ignoring my calls). And I don't expect you to throw up and pass out all at once to tell how drunk you are. She was drunk enough to crawl in the bushes. Jesse remained courteous even if he was pissed.

I doubt it has something to do with his family. It's just common sense to me. If she drinks all day long for no reason, what will it be when she faces real issues?

Deal breaker!

Edited by Bibi
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

I just found this version of 90 Day. And am caught up through episode 8.

Unbelieveable! No words for Darcy.

Is Paul a nerd or what? He may be producer enhanced but he is only missing the white taped glasses. 

Patrick's mom cracked me up. But his disappointment was sad.

Hello, Larry...

I swear Sean is Mark2.o.

"He might be what they a Catfish"

Calling Paul nerd is insulting to all nerds.  Paul is a douchebag.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2017 at 5:52 PM, Palomar said:

The thing is Jenny doesn't even need sex to hook Larry.  He is already hooked and practically ready to get married now. It would take a LOT for him to think anything she did is wrong or bad or suspicious.  Actually having the camera crew around them is good for at least some accountability.  She's going to take him for everything he has (which isn't much) and not feel a twinge of remorse. 

I'm wondering how much more can she get from him?  Larry has said, countless times, that he used his 401K on her.  I think she's already sucked the well dry; he didn't say how much money he'd spent on her, but he did say he'd been contributing to the 401K for ten years and, from the way he's been talking, it sounds as though he used it all up -- on lifeless, manipulative Jenny.  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, kacesq said:

I think Darcey is pretty pathetic but tonight Jesse crossed the line into controlling dick. Run Darcey. 

The only thing worse than being stuck with someone you don't want to be with is to be stuck with them when they're drunk.  Jesse despises her.   Why can't she see it?   She says "I'm falling more and more in love with him."  WHY?  Because he's there? This show rivals My 600-Lb. Life for finding and exploiting pathetic people.

• Like 3

On 9/25/2017 at 2:41 PM, gingerella said:

I would continue to disagree with this, sorry, but with today's internet, any okie finokie can live in a suburb in the US and have access to just about anything they want via the internet and next day shipping. Also, if DUHrcie is in the schmata biz, she has to go into NYC often and interact with folks there. I'm not buying she's a sheltered suburban kind of gal in any way. She live in CT, which is part of the Tri-State area of CT/NJ/NY and while yes, there are very rural areas in all three states, if you're in the apparel industry, which she is, she aint sheltered. She's just a skanky, desperate long in the tooth lady who thinks a 'hot younger guy' will up her self worth. But make no mistake, she isn't sheltered, girl just has bad taste. or bad smell, in the case of Jesse, Mr. Pheremone.

Darcey lives in Middletown, an old New England mill city tucked in the limbo between New Haven and Hartford, maybe closer to Massachusetts than NYC.   The previous estimate that she's only an hour outside the city wasn't accurate.   Probably two hours or more.  

19 minutes ago, millennium said:

Darcey lives in Middletown, an old New England mill city tucked in the limbo between New Haven and Hartford, maybe closer to Massachusetts than NYC.   The previous estimate that she's only an hour outside the city wasn't accurate.   Probably two hours or more.  

Speaking only about the business she's in...Middletown, CT is about an hour's drive from New Haven, then about a 1.5 hour Metro North train ride to Grand Central, if I'm remembering correctly.  A 2+ hour commute to NYC from the Tri-State area is not uncommon at all. Loads of folks commute from New Haven to NYC for work. She is in the garment industry, so she's in and out of NYC regularly if she's in that business. Ain't nobody doing garment industry deals in Middletown, CT. Of this I am sure.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Speaking only about the business she's in...Middletown, CT is about an hour's drive from New Haven, then about a 1.5 hour Metro North train ride to Grand Central, if I'm remembering correctly.  A 2+ hour commute to NYC from the Tri-State area is not uncommon at all. Loads of folks commute from New Haven to NYC for work. She is in the garment industry, so she's in and out of NYC regularly if she's in that business. Ain't nobody doing garment industry deals in Middletown, CT. Of this I am sure.

You are remembering correctly.   That's why I said it had to be two hours or more.   Many years ago I used to take the train from Greenwich to Manhattan.   That alone was an hour each way.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:49 PM, Granny58 said:

For women (and men, I guess) who live in these kinds of environments, I don't disapprove of their prostitution at all.  If I was in the same situation, I can't say I would be above it.  (I thank the Lord I'm not in that situation).  People gotta do what they gotta do.  Since Abby doesn't seem like a pro (not so sure about Jenny) AND (speculating) if she has been doing this, she may want to be getting out of it and hoping to snag an American.  Truthfully, again I can't say I wouldn't do it.

After reading the horrific article about mothers making mud pies using dirt, butter and salt, I can agree with you on that.

• Like 4

On September 24, 2017 at 9:51 PM, keetmommy said:

Darcey RUN!!! The abuse will only get worse...

Watching this episode now.  What abuse?  Darcy was drunk and stupid and he could tell she was soused.  He could tell that she was drunk.  She seeing a bad side of him?  Sounds like he was seeing a sloppy, drunken idiot.  Maybe if someone had sat Darcey down and told her the truth, she wouldn't be over there looking like a fool.  It's not that she just wants a Dutch lover, she wants to get MARRIED and to me, that makes zero sense.  

Abby could do a lot worse than Sean.  She could find some idiot young guy who'll get her pregnant and bail.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Like 1