Jump to content
MostlyC

S03.E01: They're Back, Aren't They?

Recommended Posts

In season 1, episode 1, when both Chloe and Lucifer were shot, he was able to show his Demon face to the killer and he was on the room with Chloe. At that time he wasn't able to affect her with his "Desire" gift.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

His original wings were also white, though I don't know why Amenadude's were black. 

My understanding of this presentation has always been: melanin.

I'm also assuming until the show tells me otherwise that L's wings returning is something he did himself without realizing it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

In season 1, episode 1, when both Chloe and Lucifer were shot, he was able to show his Demon face to the killer and he was on the room with Chloe. At that time he wasn't able to affect her with his "Desire" gift.

I'm going to throw a fit if they take that away from him, too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/2/2017 at 8:32 PM, tennisgurl said:

Super happy to see this show returning! 

Tom Welling is the new Detective Douche it looks like, although he might get better. Also, am I crazy, or did I notice a weird flirty vibe between him Luci when Luci asked if he had been snogged in awhile? Just me? 

I thought so too, and was wondering about the earlier comments saying that Tom has no chemistry when there's this:

5 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Not just you, but I think Tom Ellis has that with basically everyone.

They were both verbally flirting and eye sexing each other. As someone else mentioned, I definitely got the feeling that the new Lieutenant knows Lucy is a fallen angel, but I don't think he's sin eater, er... sinnerman. And kudos to vavera4ka for the Sleepy Hollow reference and awesome John Noble idea.

5 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

In season 1, episode 1, when both Chloe and Lucifer were shot, he was able to show his Demon face to the killer and he was on the room with Chloe. At that time he wasn't able to affect her with his "Desire" gift.

Well, there goes the theory that it's Chloe cancelling out Lucy's devil face. Though I still think it's God returning Lucy's wing's to him whether he wants them or not. Maybe it's the new Lieutenant cancelling out the devil face because he (or God), doesn't want Lucy revealing himself.

 

Speaking of him, I love Tom Welling, but I had the hardest time recognizing him after seeing his name in the opening credits. The years/weight has really altered his appearance. I wonder how much of the dislike for Tom is due to him playing the character as such an abrasive douche?

 

Finally, I don't remember Ella being quite that ditsy. That shtick was really starting to annoy by the end of the episode. I hope they dial it back soon.

 

Otherwise, glad to have this show back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

It's time to turn up the heat because Lucifer is back, baby!

Fun return for the most part.  I liked that Lucifer disappearance really wasn't that long and not only is he already back with everyone else, most of them had no idea that he was even kidnapped.  Definitely curious about how he's not only gotten his wings back, but they apparently will grow back once he cuts them off.  Unsure about the devil face bit, because I can see that being fake-out and he simply just can't do it on Chloe, because she is different from everyone else.  Although I certainly got a kick out of Tom Ellis' "gassy face."

Oh, shit!  The new police chief is Clark Kent... err, I mean Tom Welling.  I don't think I've seen him in anything since Smallville, so that was something.  He seems to have improved acting wise, but I'm on the fence with the character.  I get that's suppose to be a blunt dickish character, but he's kind of just there right now, and doesn't have any spark.  But who knows, I guess?  I still remember when I found Dan dull and now he's kind of awesome.  Enough that I was getting offended on his behalf every time the chief put him down.  Yeah, yeah, I know from his perspective, he is right to think Dan is a dirty cop who got off easy, but I don't care!  Dan the Douche has more then proven himself in my eyes!

Not enough Linda, but I did like her scene with Lucifer.  And while he did want her to cut off his wings, I do think there is a part of him that does feel guilt for her getting attacked due to his family drama.

Never occurred to me that Amenadiel and Ella hadn't had a scene together yet, so that was fun.  They really have gotten pretty close to a perfect ensemble, where every pairing his great in their own way, and I really struggle to pick which interaction is my favorite (if I was held at gunpoint, maybe Lucifer/Dan or Maze/Trixie?)

The case was fun, even though I called the kidnapper on the first scene, because it was Michael Gladis who is pretty well known (I'll always think of him as Paul Kinsey on Mad Men first.)  But that death was brutal!  This Sinner Man guy (for a second I thought it was Cinnamon, which would be just weird) is not fucking around.

Bummed about no Maze, but I'm guessing Lesley Ann-Brandt was on maternity leave at the time, and will hopefully be back soon.  Same for Trixie.  I certainly know they have limits with how they use child actors, but I hope we get the return of honestly one of the best child characters of all time!

Of course Lucifer would text Amenadiel what happened to Mum using all emojis!

So glad this show is back!  I'm just bummed I work Monday nights know, but thank goodness for On Demand!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Richness said:

Well, there goes the theory that it's Chloe cancelling out Lucy's devil face.

I don't think that's necessarily true. It could still be Chloe as the effect she has on Lucifer could be evolving. (Didn't he sorta lose his superstrength when she was around in the S2 premiere?) Somehow I doubt that it is Chloe though.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Unsure about the devil face bit, because I can see that being fake-out and he simply just can't do it on Chloe, because she is different from everyone else.

This is what I'm starting to believe, that Luci just cannot show Chloe his devil face. He can do it in the same room, just not to her. As I recall, he showed his devil face to that guy on the roof and he jumped off just before Chloe came through the roof door. If that's so, I wonder if he could unfurl his wings in front of her?

As far as Ella goes, they did turn up the OTT behavior a little, but I still get a kick out of her.  Her acting out the dead guy buried in the desert was funny and I really liked it when Luci was closing all the blinds and about to show Chloe his game face, both Luci and Chloe heard a noise and it was Ella, who had snuck in and was sitting in the other seat. 

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The show desperately needed a dose of common sense and a BS detector.  The new Lt. fits the bill nicely.  Of course, it will be just a matter of time before he is co-opted and becomes part of the cool kids gang.

The way the show has made up its celestial and spiritual rules, it would not surprise me that Sinnerman is some type of extra-human entity out to carve out more power for itself.  If it is such, I would find it turribly difficult to accept that the brothers were wholly ignorant of it's nature and existence.

A fun thought I have as to the wings is that Dad is trying to give/renew powers for Luci that he be better able to do battle with Sinnerman.

One concept I love, no joke, is that of the satan of the Abrahamic tradition being redeemable.  There is no more profound consideration than that.  My vote is that he is.

They are ruining the Ella character.  Her first introduction as hyper-competent, good-hearted, and quirky was wonderful.  Now, we get ditz and flake.  I did looooove, though, the cardboard casket for Leo.  RIP.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/4/2017 at 1:19 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Bummed about no Maze, but I'm guessing Lesley Ann-Brandt was on maternity leave at the time, and will hopefully be back soon.  Same for Trixie.

I certainly hope that Trixie is not on maternity leave!  (Just kidding.)

On 10/4/2017 at 2:08 AM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I did looooove, though, the cardboard casket for Leo.  RIP.

It reminded me of the shoebox coffin made by Pam for a bird funeral in The Office.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Well, this episode was a lot better than the beginning of Season Two, at least for me. It had everything what Season One had at the get go: it was funny, intriguing and a lot of healthy banter between brothers. Also, hooray, Clark Kent showed-up :D

 

Although, if Lucifer really wanted to tell Chloe who he is, he could have shown her his wings at the end of the episode. So, I guess they will drag this out as much as possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The show desperately needed a dose of common sense and a BS detector.  The new Lt. fits the bill nicely.  Of course, it will be just a matter of time before he is co-opted and becomes part of the cool kids gang.

The way the show has made up its celestial and spiritual rules, it would not surprise me that Sinnerman is some type of extra-human entity out to carve out more power for itself.  If it is such, I would find it turribly difficult to accept that the brothers were wholly ignorant of it's nature and existence.

A fun thought I have as to the wings is that Dad is trying to give/renew powers for Luci that he be better able to do battle with Sinnerman.

One concept I love, no joke, is that of the satan of the Abrahamic tradition being redeemable.  There is no more profound consideration than that.  My vote is that he is.

They are ruining the Ella character.  Her first introduction as hyper-competent, good-hearted, and quirky was wonderful.  Now, we get ditz and flake.  I did looooove, though, the cardboard casket for Leo.  RIP.

They might not be unaware it exists/ed but just not thinking such a power could be still in existence or on Earth or whatever. Lucifer has that tendency to blame Dad for everything that can cloud his judgement about anything else so he's not thinking "what is or used to be powerful enough to put wings back on me against Dad's will" yet. If it is against Dad's will and not something he's earned himself via his own actions. 

Share this post


Link to post

Re Luci's "Desire Power":

5 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I'm going to throw a fit if they take that away from him, too!

He used it on the jewelry store turned armored car thief at the start of the show.  "What do you Desire?  Freedom!"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

One thing that DOES bother me is Luci's seemingly unemotional reaction to Mom being gone. It could be due to the fact that Luci knows she's just gone on to another existence, but it definitely affected Amenedude but not Lucifer. I kind of don't like that emotional detachment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

One thing that DOES bother me is Luci's seemingly unemotional reaction to Mom being gone. It could be due to the fact that Luci knows she's just gone on to another existence, but it definitely affected Amenedude but not Lucifer. I kind of don't like that emotional detachment.

He probably feels a sense of relief.  Didn't she try to kill Chloe?  He came up with the best solution possible: Chloe's safe, and Mom has her own universe.  It's better than killing her.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to guess that Lucy just can't reveal his true self to Chloe because God doesn't want him to (the writers need a good excuse to keep her from knowing because they have no idea how to write the romance if she knows she's in love with the actual devil) so no face, no wings, any time he tries something is going to get in the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm watching a show about devils and angels on earth. I don't care if the escaped convict/thief ran away in his undies.....or what happened to him. (Waves hand)

That was Tom Welling???? I had to look him up (thanks google) Well we all get older. He's still a better actor than the actor on Kyle KY---LOL

So glad this is back. Saw it on the DVR and just went "oh Goodie" and settled in for an hour of silly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I certainly hope that Trixie is not on maternity leave!  (Just kidding.)

You beat me to it!!

 

Also,  I definitely felt the hoyay vibes between Luci and the new captain.   And I wasn't even looking for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So, you can't show her your face, but you can certainly show her your wings. I'm tired of the secret being kept for no apparent reason. I understood why it made sense so far, but it just doesn't anymore. Let's move on. I'm sure the writers can think of another reason to keep them apart.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Just the fact that he is the son of God, fallen angel, actual ruler of hell, devil, immortal, celestial being and she is a mortal is reason to keep them apart, which is why they can't have him reveal who he is to her. No mother in her right mind, hell, no non-mother in her right mind would date Satan, so if she found out, they'd either have to make her the stupidest person ever to live of they'd have to make him no longer Lucifer.

I just can't see Chloe being "oh, you're the devil, cool, let's totally do it." Nothing in her portrayal so far has shown her to be able to start dating the devil. She's been shown as smarter than that and would have to realize that she, and worse, her daughter, will be the target of anyone who wants to hurt Lucy and he will have some VERY powerful friends. If she has any doubts, go ask Linda how just being his friend worked out for her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Hooray, the show is back! Loved Dr. Linda's scene, brief though it was. I don't understand why Luci wanted her to cut off his wings. He did so himself once before, and he did it again in this episode. I enjoyed how nobody realized Luci was kidnapped.

I agree with the other posters that Ella's behavior was over the top. Although her scene with Amenadude was fun, if she acted this way last season, she wouldn't have been able to reenact the yoga studio murder scene with Luci. I want a return to that Ella. Fun, a little off-the-wall, but highly competent and intelligent, along with her religious outlook and skepticism.

I did miss Maze and Trixie. I expect both back in the next episode, or the episode after at the latest.

As for Lt. Douche-lite, I'm definitely not feeling the character yet. I usually enjoy the characters that are suspicious and don't just accept what the main character does. Or that are sarcastic and pop the balloon, so to speak. I liked Sargent Dokes from the beginning on Dexter. Dexter did have something to hide, so it was good to see at least one cop who was leery of him. But, I'm not there yet with the new Lt. Not even close. Hopefully things improve in the coming episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

He probably feels a sense of relief.  Didn't she try to kill Chloe?  He came up with the best solution possible: Chloe's safe, and Mom has her own universe.  It's better than killing her.

She did try to kill Chloe once, but when she learned that her husband had placed Chloe in Lucifer's path, she changed her tune and was very protective of Chloe because she was important to her son.

For what it's worth I felt/saw no attraction/sexy eyes between Marcus Pierce and Lucifer Morningstar. They seemed like just two dudes taking the measure of each other and by measure, I'm not talking about "those". They're supposed to be in competition for Chloe, not Chloe and Marcus in competition for Lucifer.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

For what it's worth I felt/saw no attraction/sexy eyes between Marcus Pierce and Lucifer Morningstar. They seemed like just two dudes taking the measure of each other and by measure, I'm not talking about "those". They're supposed to be in competition for Chloe, not Chloe and Marcus in competition for Lucifer.

That's what I saw, basically a pissing contest for Chloe. That's gonna get old really face for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Re Luci's "Desire Power":

He used it on the jewelry store turned armored car thief at the start of the show.  "What do you Desire?  Freedom!"

Well, I was just saying, since they're gradually taking away his powers, apparently.

(Another thought: why does he still have his desire power if he doesn't have his devil face anymore? Is that an angel's power? I always assumed it was a devil specific power)

Edited by CheshireCat

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Well, I was just saying, since they're gradually taking away his powers, apparently.

(Another thought: why does he still have his desire power if he doesn't have his devil face anymore? Is that an angel's power? I always assumed it was a devil specific power)

I think all the angels have specific powers in addition to their naturally given Angel gifts (super strength,  nigh invulnerable,  flight), Amen can stall time, Uriel plays with his disaster dominos,  Azreal is in charge of death.   Luci can draw out desires and truths effectively bringing things to light. 

1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

Hooray, the show is back! Loved Dr. Linda's scene, brief though it was. I don't understand why Luci wanted her to cut off his wings. He did so himself once before, and he did it again in this episode. 

Maze was the one who originally cut off his wings when they first arrived.   Think of it as cutting off your hand to escape handcuffs to get away from a murderer,  you know it needs to be done but you're not really into the idea of severing your body parts. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Just the fact that he is the son of God, fallen angel, actual ruler of hell, devil, immortal, celestial being and she is a mortal is reason to keep them apart, which is why they can't have him reveal who he is to her. No mother in her right mind, hell, no non-mother in her right mind would date Satan, so if she found out, they'd either have to make her the stupidest person ever to live of they'd have to make him no longer Lucifer.

I just can't see Chloe being "oh, you're the devil, cool, let's totally do it." Nothing in her portrayal so far has shown her to be able to start dating the devil. She's been shown as smarter than that and would have to realize that she, and worse, her daughter, will be the target of anyone who wants to hurt Lucy and he will have some VERY powerful friends. If she has any doubts, go ask Linda how just being his friend worked out for her.

Linda survived learning his true identity and they eventually became friends again. Yes, being involved with Lucifer in any way can put you in danger, but she chooses to be a police officer and that puts her in danger every day.

Eventually this "secret" has to come out. He's been telling Chloe he's the devil for a while...and there was a time that she was actually starting to believe him. Honesty is kind of an important foundation for any relationship - partners, lovers, friends... My point is, he's finally ready to share and his "devil face" doesn't work. So whip out your fucking wings, dude. That just didn't make sense.

Chloe has adjusted to a lot of crazy things over the course of the show. And no, I don't expect her to be, "oh, you're the devil, cool, let's totally do it" - but yes, she is smart and she does trust Lucifer so I don't think an eventual relationship would be that farfetched. Theoretically, just as with Dr. Linda, Chloe's feelings for him could overcome her supernatural shock. He's obviously trying to become a good person. He obviously cares a lot for Chloe and her daughter. And "the devil" is really only an Angel cast out of Heaven. I'd totally date an Angel. ;)

Edited by marcee
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Delphi said:

I think all the angels have specific powers in addition to their naturally given Angel gifts (super strength,  nigh invulnerable,  flight), Amen can stall time, Uriel plays with his disaster dominos,  Azreal is in charge of death.   Luci can draw out desires and truths effectively bringing things to light. 

Yes, I assumed that all angels have powers, too. The way they put Lucifer's power "what is your deepest darkest desire" always made it sounds so devlish, so I assumed it was the power he had because he was the devil (and that he had a different power maybe as an angel) but when you put it like you did - "bringing things to light" - it makes sense that it was his angel power as well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, marcee said:

So whip out your fucking wings, dude. That just didn't make sense.

Did he have his wings at that point or was that after he cut the first set off but before he realized they came back? I can't remember the timeline. If he knew he had the wings then, yeah, whip em out! (so to speak). Maybe he was afraid they are so massive they would have broken the glass walls?

Really, the only reason is, the writers aren't ready to write that yet. Unfortunately the longer they take the more annoying it gets. I will give them credit for not having her look completely stupid. She hasn't really seen too much that she can't logic away, exactly. But she's edging towards stupid the longer they drag it out. Honestly, after that scene, she should be having him committed, because when he was just saying he was the Devil she could laugh it off as him just being "cute" but he was seriously, honestly trying to prove it and thought he could but it didn't happen. From her POV she should be thinking he has completely lost his marbles and maybe it's best for him to get some serious help.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Richness said:

Speaking of him, I love Tom Welling, but I had the hardest time recognizing him after seeing his name in the opening credits. The years/weight has really altered his appearance.

Yeah, it looks like the Birthday Fairy has been beating the crap out of Welling since Smallville ended. The haircut didn't help, either.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think Lt. Romantic Rival was spot on in his reaction to Dan, and I can see him being dubious about Lucifer as well. (Though really dude, you're a hotshot cop heading a homicide department and leery about Lucifer's STI status? What if you have to deal with a junkie hooker who's had 92 sex partners in a week on the job?) But his curt dismissal of Decker, who probably has a case solving rate that's envied across the West Coast, was a bit much. And his introduction to the whole department was a farce—no one whose people skills are that bad would be appointed to a critical leadership position, or likely get promoted at all.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Had to look STI status up as I was unfamiliar with the acronym. Sorry.

Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), also known as Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) or Venereal Diseases (VD) are diseases that are passed on from one person to another through sexual contact, and sometimes by genital contact - the infection can be passed on via vaginal intercourse, oral sex, and anal sex.

Carry on.

Yeah, that whole entrance was ludicrous, especially after the Ella build up. I didn't quite get her "Red Tape beyond the Yellow Tape; riveting" comment either.  Is that a reference to the red tape (bureaucracy/paperwork) involved with placing yellow tape at crime scenes? Silly subject.

Edited by Jacks-Son

Share this post


Link to post

I'm wondering who cut off Lucifer's wings this time. We know Maze did it the first time, but this time - after Linda refused - all we saw was that Lucifer was having trouble doing it himself. He even cracked a joke about how it's hard enough to scratch one's own back (so therefore pretty impossible to cut one's own wings off). Maze was said to be off doing bounty hunting. So... who cut off Lucifer's wings (the ones that Amenadiel found in the bathroom on the floor)?

Accidental missed plot point on the part of the writers?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

There's no one else who could have done it. Everyone that knows he has wings would not have done it.  My opinion, he ripped them off by wedging the wings in some sort of vice and moving forward. The attached portions were pretty bloody and didn't appear neatly sliced off, so that's my version.  Still, disgusting, but pretty determined to get those things off.  Serves him right that they grew back like "BODY HAIR"!!!!  LMAO at Linda's question.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Serves him right that they grew back like "BODY HAIR"!!!!  LMAO at Linda's question.

I loved Lucifer's reaction to Linda in that moment. He seemed insulted. LOL.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Another thing that cracked me up: the title of the seminar Pierce apparently gave that Ella was so enthused about. Something like "The red tape behind the yellow tape." LOL.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This article suggests that Luci has lost his ability to bring forth his "Devil Face" for everyone. I don't like that change. I wonder if he is able to bring out his wings to Chloe? This kind of changes Lucifer as we've known him. This is kind of disappointing news.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

This article suggests that Luci has lost his ability to bring forth his "Devil Face" for everyone. I don't like that change. I wonder if he is able to bring out his wings to Chloe? This kind of changes Lucifer as we've known him. This is kind of disappointing news.

That article is speculation.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys...remember the media thread?  I would recommend moving all articles/comments about said articles to the handy media thread.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

I loved Lucifer's reaction to Linda in that moment. He seemed insulted. LOL.

Remember his reaction to the painting of Satan in Season One.  Luci manscapes.

As for the Devil face/Angel Wings exchange, while God works in mysterious ways, He doesn't work in direct ones.  Per actual Christian doctrine, God's forgiveness cannot be earned or "inflicted" by some outside force.  It has to be freely accepted by the person/being in question, which Lucifer has not done.  One other to remember is that just prior to getting kidnapped, Lucifer had tapped into powers of Death, Life and Whatever Amenadude's Necklace Thingie Did to send Mom to a new universe.  That's a whole lot of divine power to use and side effects seem more than likely.  Presumably we'll find out if other changes have occurred.  Apparently Lucifer can still do the "What do you desire?" bit, but he might gain other stuff.  Perhaps he'll no longer be mortal around Chloe.

Edited by johntfs

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps whatever universe he mailed his mother to, they didn't appreciate it. They've send someone over to deliver their complaint in person. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Anakerie said:

Perhaps whatever universe he mailed his mother to, they didn't appreciate it. They've send someone over to deliver their complaint in person. 

The understanding I had was that Lucifer sent Mom to an empty universe that she could create as she chose, finally being God(dess) of her own universe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/4/2017 at 10:56 AM, Jacks-Son said:

For what it's worth I felt/saw no attraction/sexy eyes between Marcus Pierce and Lucifer Morningstar. They seemed like just two dudes taking the measure of each other and by measure, I'm not talking about "those".

Lt New_Douche: "He's got a rap sheet as long as my 'johnson'."
Luci: "Oh, short read, then?"
So they did kind of take measure of each other in"that way" too.

 

On 10/4/2017 at 10:56 AM, Jacks-Son said:

For what it's worth I felt/saw no attraction/sexy eyes between Marcus Pierce and Lucifer Morningstar. They seemed like just two dudes taking the measure of each other and by measure, I'm not talking about "those".

Lt New_Douche: "He's got a rap sheet as long as my 'johnson'."
Luci: "Oh, short read, then?"
So they did kind of take measure of each other in"that way" too.

Share this post


Link to post

OK, this episode got replayed tonight. 

Conclusion:  these episodes are not their best when viewed out of order. 

I had not remembered how uncomfortable Superman's introduction was (and how silly the ME came as....was this the beginning of her dumbing down?)_

Then there was Cloe's jabbering on, the one way guaranteed not to impress a new supervisor. 

This could not have been a sweeps episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Robin the Hoodie said:

I have not seen this addressed anywhere and It's driving me crazy. When Luci wakes up in the dessert with his wings why doesn't he just fly back to L.A.?

Because he can be a stubborn idiot.  Using the wings means "accepting" his father's "inflicting" them on him.  He'd rather walk/hitch-hike than do that.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2018 at 1:16 PM, johntfs said:

Because he can be a stubborn idiot.  Using the wings means "accepting" his father's "inflicting" them on him.  He'd rather walk/hitch-hike than do that.

From a meta sense, also so we could see the jewelry store thief again.

Edited by jhlipton

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×