Jump to content
Drogo

S01.E03: Language of Love

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Alilou said:

I feel so mean but Darcy totally reminds of that catwoman lady that has the weird face from surgery/fillers.

I have major secondhand embarrassment for her (never heard this phrase before  but I love it!)

I used to hang out on a forum where this intense feeling of embarrassment on behalf of another was dubbed "fardo". I have no idea of the etymology or where it came from, but I've found it handy over the years. And yes, Darcey is the very definition of fardo.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/21/2017 at 0:42 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

I grew up and still live in Orlando.  Yeah, I met and married my husband here, so it isn't all that difficult.  Also, our families here are just fine, thank you.  

As a Catfish (and Nev and Max) devotee, the second Courtney said "male model" and the lack of videochatting, I pretty much assume the dude (if it is a dude) is a catfish.  Can't wait to see this blow up in her face!  Yay!

Karine seems wayyyyy younger than her stated age.  I finally paid attention to one of the title pieces and realize that Paul is 34.  I'm also 34...I almost died at the very different experiences he and I are having at this point in our lives.  The next time I think I done messed up and my life sucks, I'll think about Paul sitting on that curb with all his luggage.  B/c I'm an asshole. LOL.   

Amsterdam is quite beautiful.  Jesse and Darcy seem to be both weird people.  Between Jesse's weird bossiness and falling back on "oh, stupid American"-isms and Darcy's bubbleheadedness and insanely unsubtle push for a wedding ring, I'm not sure which I dislike more.  I love when crazies get together, but these two are grating.  Will this stop me from watching?  No, I'm in for Darcy and Jesse being idiots.

Abby and Sean...still creepy af.  

As another poster mentioned in a previous post, I am heartbroken we didn't get to see some of the first meet ups between our 90 Day Vets.  I would pay for the pay per view of going back in time for Danielle and Mo.  

Jesse's bossiness is indeed very wierd ! There's one thing to be assertive and alpha, but another to demand your girlfriend to pedal her bike harder when she clearly barely knows how to ride a bike. I do think that Darcy is very likeable and despite what all the commenters are saying about "I am 100 and I look younger", she really is naturally very attractive and just needs to tone down the makeup and extensions. 

Karine looks about 16. I wonder why Paul didnt bother to learn some basic Portuguese, he cant even say "you are beautiful" in her language. 

Abby and Sean are sooooo creepy. Her ex bf being a 64 year old American does not surprise me. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

I once worked with a Russian guy who was exactly that way. He and his wife both made good money. They and their two teens lived in a cheap two bedroom apt. But they  traveled  OFTEN. He said the same thing...that it boils down to priorities. Some people throw all their money into a home, or nice cars, or going out to eat, etc. But they traveling was their thing. 

Yea, I see their point. However ever since having kids personally I crave stability and structure, privacy, creating a comfortable home. I honestly hate travelling now and only take vacation to see family. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

Yea, I see their point. However ever since having kids personally I crave stability and structure, privacy, creating a comfortable home. I honestly hate travelling now and only take vacation to see family. 

Not gonna lie...we though a teen boy and girl sharing a room wasn't ideal. But he was adamant that traveling was a way of life for them and where they put all their disposable income towards.

I have a friend that leases her cars, because she wants a nicer car and also a new one every 3 years. She could afford a fine 3 year old used car, and financially it would make more sense. I drive a 2012 Kia, because it runs great and gets the job done. But we pay for our 3 school aged kids to attend private school because that's what's our priority is. She thinks I'm crazy for paying what we do when they can go to school for free and I think she's crazy for throwing away money on a lease...and Starbucks lol. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

She maybe an only child and legit hasn't had to function much in her own because they've helicoptered her. We'll see. 

But she has lived on her own, didn't it show she traveled the world by herself or something? I forget..

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

Jesse seems like a guy who likes neatness and order in his life, and if he says something, he feels it should be taken seriously and not ignored.  Like, "Don't bring so much stuff.  Why don't you change those heels and put on comfortable shoes since we are going to be walking on cobblestoned streets.  If you take your makeup off you won't get the new sheets all dirty."  He got Darcie's number in a very short time and we will probably see him disengage from her neediness sooner rather than later.  And I can't wait to see it!!!!

Very true.  I had a boyfriend like that once.  NOTHING was ever good enough, including me.  Was actually told if I lost 10 pounds I would be perfect.  I did not.  Plus, he's dead now....so...

 

Anyway, it's a miserable type of relationship.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's just spewing out nervous chatter, endlessly. That's why she sounds like a half wit. All the squee-ing and the vapid small talk makes her look ridiculous. Jesse is her soul mate and the love of her life? Then why do they have nothing to talk about?

Why I don't get is wouldn't Jesse have noticed all the character traits he is finding fault with since during their long distance relationship all they could do was talk, text, skype? He must have known she was a bit of a label whore, wore a lot of makeup and was vacuous. What did they even talk about during their courtship besides Darcy's desire to get married and calling each other babe. Speaking of which is really getting on my nerves.

If the 2 people in the preview are indeed Jesse's parents, this cast of characters is indeed one of the best things to hit reality tv in a LONGGGGG time. Why does his mom(?) look like Betsey Johnson?

13 hours ago, Swim mom said:

My observation was that Europeans consumed vacations. They rented, rather than bought, and went on vacations.  They bought crappy, or no, furniture, and went on vacations.   They bought very few clothes, and went on vacations.  They would forgo air conditioning,  and go on another vacation. I just chalked it up to choices. They chose to spend their money on different things than I did.  They weren't using the money they saved on altruistic causes, they were vacationing. Choices, baby, choices.

Doesn't hurt that Europeans get a whole lot more vacation time than average Americans. I think average Americans get like 10 days and Europeans get like 20 days - as a minimum.Some countries/employers in Europe are even more generous. That doesn't include paid public holidays which they also have more of in Europe.  I met a guy while traveling in Europe who was during a truncated half world tour because he had like a month off.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

But she has lived on her own, didn't it show she traveled the world by herself or something? I forget..

Yes, she said something about quitting her job to travel the world. And judging by the fact that she was on a dating app and used it while traveling, she probably knows a good deal about the world and dating.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Why I don't get is wouldn't Jesse have noticed all the character traits he is finding fault with since during their long distance relationship all they could do was talk, text, skype? He must have known she was a bit of a label whore, wore a lot of makeup and was vacuous. What did they even talk about during their courtship besides Darcy's desire to get married and calling each other babe. Speaking of which is really getting on my nerves.

If the 2 people in the preview are indeed Jesse's parents, this cast of characters is indeed one of the best things to hit reality tv in a LONGGGGG time. Why does his mom(?) look like Betsey Johnson?

Doesn't hurt that Europeans get a whole lot more vacation time than average Americans. I think average Americans get like 10 days and Europeans get like 20 days - as a minimum.Some countries/employers in Europe are even more generous. That doesn't include paid public holidays which they also have more of in Europe.  I met a guy while traveling in Europe who was during a truncated half world tour because he had like a month off.

I'll take my spacious house over more vacation days.  Where I live Jesse's cramped room would be considered substandard housing because it is too small.  Most Europeans live in tiny spaces so it's no wonder they want to leave for vacation.  They come to the U.S. and the average hotel room is bigger than their house or apartment.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think people need that much space, honestly. Extra space usually leads to cluttering, overconsumption and waste, because you feel that you have to fill it with stuff.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:
13 hours ago, Swim mom said:

My observation was that Europeans consumed vacations. They rented, rather than bought, and went on vacations.  They bought crappy, or no, furniture, and went on vacations.   They bought very few clothes, and went on vacations.  They would forgo air conditioning,  and go on another vacation. I just chalked it up to choices. They chose to spend their money on different things than I did.  They weren't using the money they saved on altruistic causes, they were vacationing. Choices, baby, choices.

Doesn't hurt that Europeans get a whole lot more vacation time than average Americans. I think average Americans get like 10 days and Europeans get like 20 days - as a minimum.Some countries/employers in Europe are even more generous. That doesn't include paid public holidays which they also have more of in Europe.  I met a guy while traveling in Europe who was during a truncated half world tour because he had like a month off.

I think it also depends on where you are in your life. I remember when I was really young, like right out of college, I had this thing about not wanting to have more possessions than would fit in my car. Then I got married and had kids, so having the house and saving for the future became the priority. Now that the kids are grown and I am closer to retirement and Mr Poetic is retiring in a few months, we want nothing more than to sell our home and get rid of most of our possessions and travel. When the kids were growing up we had no money and no time, what with work and school and activities. Now that retirement is on the horizon, our goal is to sell the house, radically downsize to a low maintenance home that we pay cash for and travel. When I watch TV shows like House Hunters where the empty nesters buy a 5 bedroom house to have room for the kids when they visit I balk.  10 years ago I would have never thought I would feel this way.   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

I don't think people need that much space, honestly. Extra space usually leads to cluttering, overconsumption and waste, because you feel that you have to fill it with stuff.

Yeah, that's true.  But our prisons give more space to inmates than Jesse's apartment.  That tiny space would not meet code where I live.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think Darcy knew exactly how to light and angle herself for her Skype conversations with Jesse.  The selfies that she has shown are very purposefully shot.  I agree with a previous poster that she also oversold her enthusiasm for exercise and bike riding.  Jesse was very proud of getting a bike for her, so I think there's some background there.

As for Cortney traveling and dating around the world, she even stated that she did not hear from Antonio while she was in Spain, so it sounds like maybe she was only there for a brief period of time which would support the idea that she was on tours when she 'traveled' the world.  I would also be interested in knowing exactly where she went on her travels.  Many people think that going to two or three countries is traveling around the world.  She seems very sheltered.  Had she really traveled quite a bit on her own, I would think that she would demonstrate a better understanding of her situation and would have learned how to google someone in order to find his porn site.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Do you never really know a person? My parents were married for nearly 50 years before my father passed away in 2014. We  found out many things about him that not even my mom knew just by going through his effects It was really neat to find out a lot of the things that my father who was a very modest man actually knew. He was a mad genius and a pretty wicked mathematician and linguist.  We didn't find anything sordid or weird but we would've liked to of had some of those conversations with him since two of us kids are engineers and two of us are accountants. 

 It just goes to show you that you don't really know a person even when you think you do. I learned a lot more about the type of man my husband is after I became very ill. He showed me through his character that he really is the most decent of all men. I always  believed that about him but I'm so glad that that's really the case. Many of us make more of who people are than they really are,  and we wonder why we are often so sorely disappointed.

 It's so easy to be on ones best behavior online because you don't have to look at the person or let them see your body language when they talk with you that way.  So then it's so easy to build up who you think somebody is versus who they really are. The problem is online you're already hooked or snookered or catfished.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I drive a 2012 Kia, because it runs great and gets the job done.

Don't feel bad.  I drive a 1999 Honda Civic LX for the same reasons.  I love that girl and she runs like a champ.  As long as she's got get-up-and-go in her, I'll be her loving owner :-)

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

We  found out many things about him that not even my mom

We found out that my Dad had been having a long-term affair.  As in, over a decade.  Given how miserable my parents' marriage was, I was actually happy that Dad was able to find himself some happiness.  I was also able to reach out to Dad's mistress and let her have some closure about him.  She didn't know that he had died, and she was frantic.  I'm not saying what Dad did is OK.  I am saying that life is messy sometimes and we take our happiness where we can find it.  After I spoke to Dad's mistress, my Mom didn't talk to me for two years.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

Don't feel bad.  I drive a 1999 Honda Civic LX for the same reasons.  I love that girl and she runs like a champ.  As long as she's got get-up-and-go in her, I'll be her loving owner :-)

We found out that my Dad had been having a long-term affair.  As in, over a decade.  Given how miserable my parents' marriage was, I was actually happy that Dad was able to find himself some happiness.  I was also able to reach out to Dad's mistress and let her have some closure about him.  She didn't know that he had died, and she was frantic.  I'm not saying what Dad did is OK.  I am saying that life is messy sometimes and we take our happiness where we can find it.  After I spoke to Dad's mistress, my Mom didn't talk to me for two years.

At this point in my life, it's like a mom  van (in SUV form lol)...we've got kids and dogs, so it's strictly utilitarian. When I'm single and kidless, I'll upgrade to newer, just because this thing is taking a beating. But it'll still be practical, because I don't really care that much about what I drive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Darcy knew exactly how to light and angle herself for her Skype conversations with Jesse.  The selfies that she has shown are very purposefully shot.  I agree with a previous poster that she also oversold her enthusiasm for exercise and bike riding.  Jesse was very proud of getting a bike for her, so I think there's some background there.

As for Cortney traveling and dating around the world, she even stated that she did not hear from Antonio while she was in Spain, so it sounds like maybe she was only there for a brief period of time which would support the idea that she was on tours when she 'traveled' the world.  I would also be interested in knowing exactly where she went on her travels.  Many people think that going to two or three countries is traveling around the world.  She seems very sheltered.  Had she really traveled quite a bit on her own, I would think that she would demonstrate a better understanding of her situation and would have learned how to google someone in order to find his porn site.

I am assuming that she traveled the world with something like a Rick Steeves tour. Pretty safe and pretty middle of the road. I am so happy that she found this show - She will have the camera crew and producer with her which is comforting.

 

Darcy must really be a pain in the ass to work with. I almost fell over in the first episode when the producer broke the fourth wall to out Darcy for using photos from 1995 on her profile. They aren't shooting her in a very flattering light either. It must be super claustrophobic to be in Jesse's tiny studio apartment with a producer, cameraman and lighting tech. No thanks!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/21/2017 at 0:06 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm all about Abby getting her green card and taking creepy af Sean for every pair of panties she can get. He is gross.

those liver lips! bleh!!

On 8/21/2017 at 0:58 PM, Desert Rat said:

She's trying to hide the fact that she's over 50. Necks don't lie.

So true.   I myself am looking ridiculous at this moment in a neck wrap that supposed to train the neck to be tighter.  It sucks being human sometimes lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

We found out that my Dad had been having a long-term affair.  As in, over a decade.  Given how miserable my parents' marriage was, I was actually happy that Dad was able to find himself some happiness.  I was also able to reach out to Dad's mistress and let her have some closure about him.

I found out the same about my Dad. He and my mother had separated about 10 years prior so not really an affair but a girlfriend, a secret one. I found cards and little gifts she had given him plus a receipt for a furniture purchase that wasn't in our or his houses. I couldn't figure out who she was, she only signed the cards and letters as "Me" so I had no name. She wasn't around when he got sick, or for his funeral. I would have liked to know who she was.

Trying to get back on topic: Courtney.... how, in this day and age, do you not google the person you're thinking about traveling abroad to visit? What about a reverse image search? (Maybe that's what her friends did on the show?) And not speak on the phone prior to traveling? Gosh, I sold some tires online and I spoke to the buyer before meeting up. She's going to have to speak to him at some point, at least to figure out where to meet at the airport or wherever. I suppose that could be done via texts, but something is way off here. I hope her parents talk some sense into her. My parents would have forbidden me to go on such a foolish venture, even at 26 (or older, lol.) Yup, only child here.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

@chickenella--awesome and hilarious screen name!

if I was single, and my Spaniard turned out to be a smelly catfish, I'd just s go ahead and enjoy all that Spain has to offer a tourist, but then I'm a wiser, older woman who could give two shits. Cortney (who the hell spells it that way), on the other hand, is half my age,  would be a mess.  Good thing the camera crew is there to provide a measure of safety and some company to this poor little nitwit.

Tapas are way better than dip any day of the year!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Abby seemed very bored with the laptop and iPad gifts. I guess the other guy gets her better gifts. She is using Sean to make Chris jealous - in hopes to make him commit to something other than sleazy sex tourism. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Cortney - Her parents cross me as nice people who garden, tinker in the garage and watch the fireflies at night while eating freshly baked cookies. Dependable people but not remotely exciting. My guess is that Cortney wants something different and exciting. What is more exciting than a exotic man from a foreign country? I wouldn't doubt she is thinking about living the fairy tale were everything is perfect to point if ignoring the signs that something is not right. 

Paul - For someone who might be meeting his soul mate for the first thing, he surely doesn't seem very excited for this meticulously planned trip. I feel like he wants young Karine so he can mold her into the perfect robot. I expect him to start twitching when he starts getting angry. 

Sean - I have spent too much time trying to figure out how he spent $12k on this relationship. It can't be travel Haiti because you know the show paid for it. You would think with that type of money he could fix his house up. Also, why give Abby $2,500 worth of stuff to sell instead of just giving her the money. She is in a poor country, how much could she make on the markup? 

Darcy - I like her and feel bad that she is so insecure that she has make a fool of herself trying to get Jesse to marry her. Did her husband leave her for a younger woman or is with a younger woman now? She desperately seems to want to prove she can get a younger man. She is basically looking away as She is being treated like crap. Jesse reminds me of Alexander Skarsgard but nowhere near as hot. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

@Arwen Evenstar, thanks! I kind of ran out of screen names at some point, lol.

Yes, I'm almost twice her age and if I was single I'd enjoy Spain if I went and things didn't work out with the guy. BUT I'd facetime or skype or whatever with him first. I can't imagine traveling across the world to meet someone I've only texted with. I do like to travel, tho.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, chickenella said:

@Arwen Evenstar, thanks! I kind of ran out of screen names at some point, lol.

Yes, I'm almost twice her age and if I was single I'd enjoy Spain if I went and things didn't work out with the guy. BUT I'd facetime or skype or whatever with him first. I can't imagine traveling across the world to meet someone I've only texted with. I do like to travel, tho.

Neither can I .  Most people doing what she's doing without a film crew to see nothing bad happens to her, are seriously asking for trouble.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

she did not hear from Antonio while she was in Spain

The girl has a bouquet of red flags and she can't see anything else. Never seen the guy online other than still photos. She's in his neck of the woods and he can't manage an hour to meet up. When things fall apart, she's going to be deluged with other suitors wanting to take advantage of her naiveté.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I had to laugh when Cortney said she was contacted by the guy after she was already gone. I'm convinced Cortney is just bored and wants some adventure to shake things up. I'm starting to think she realizes the likelihood of the perfect guy being on the other end of the texts is slim to none.

She has simple parents at home who get excited about dip. I think she's just itching to make something interesting in her life. Been there.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 21/08/2017 at 9:47 PM, Kangatush said:

She's so desperate it pains me to watch.

very cringe worthy

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

the girl has a bouquet of red flags and she can't see anything else. Never seen the guy online other than still photos. She's in his neck of the woods and he can't manage an hour to meet up. When things fall apart, she's going to be deluged with other suitors wanting to take advantage of her naiveté.

so easy to search his pics and find out about him. Wake up Cortney!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

As for Cortney traveling and dating around the world, she even stated that she did not hear from Antonio while she was in Spain, so it sounds like maybe she was only there for a brief period of time which would support the idea that she was on tours when she 'traveled' the world.  I would also be interested in knowing exactly where she went on her travels.  Many people think that going to two or three countries is traveling around the world.  She seems very sheltered.  Had she really traveled quite a bit on her own, I would think that she would demonstrate a better understanding of her situation and would have learned how to google someone in order to find his porn site.

I thought I heard her say she backpacked and stayed in hostels, which doesn't scream guided tour to me. However, there are travel groups she could've joined. Somewhat safer than traveling alone but not as regimented & expensive as those tours. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/22/2017 at 6:48 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

With those accents, there's NO WAY Courtney and her parents are from Orlando. Chicago? Buffalo? More likely. I think part of what she's got going on is a dependence to her parents or vice versa. Picking guys who are unavailable is a great move when you're you can't or won't leave your parents, or if they don't want you to. She maybe an only child and legit hasn't had to function much in her own because they've helicoptered her. We'll see. 

As soon as they showed her parents tract house in Orlando, I knew they had to be transplants. Lots of older folks who live in northern states, some may be retired while others not,  sell their homes and move to FL. And many buy tract homes in huge subdivisions which up until recently were relatively inexpensive. My guess is that mom and died decided to move to FL for the warm weather and Cortney came with them. Does Cortney live at home? I wasn't sure. I wa a little perplexed that she went from my relationship didn't work out to international dating apps . That's like 0-60 in 5 seconds. Other than mentioning the job she quit to "travel the world", did she mention whether she has a job? 

8 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Sean - I have spent too much time trying to figure out how he spent $12k on this relationship. It can't be travel Haiti because you know the show paid for it. You would think with that type of money he could fix his house up. Also, why give Abby $2,500 worth of stuff to sell instead of just giving her the money. She is in a poor country, how much could she make on the markup? 

I have a feeling he has been sending her money and things to sell for a while now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/21/2017 at 8:22 AM, Desert Rat said:

It's gonna be a loooong six weeks for Jesse and Darcy In that tiny cramped room.  

And she's talking of renting out museums for a wedding..... does his apartment tell her nothing of his money management???

 

On 8/22/2017 at 4:18 AM, Quof said:

Live within their means?  Plenty of happily married women don't have an engagement ring, and only a simple wedding band.  

My friend only has her engagement ring.  And she's perfectly happy with that. Even though it kinda drives me nuts that they can afford more but her husband just won't - even if she wanted it. 

17 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I am assuming that she traveled the world with something like a Rick Steeves tour. Pretty safe and pretty middle of the road. I am so happy that she found this show - She will have the camera crew and producer with her which is comforting.

She's staying in hostels - that's not taking a tour.  I have an old friend similar although she didn't quit her job.  She's very frugal so that she can travel the world and she often travels alone - and she's cute, petite and blonde.  But she easily makes friends and now she goes on trips around the world and meets up with these friends she has met while previously traveling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, gunderda said:

She's staying in hostels - that's not taking a tour.

There are several companies that offer tours that stay at hostels. Rick Steves doesn't because his tours are more for older folk but his tours are fairly bare bones (shared rooms/shared bathrooms).

I mean it's not that difficult to save and then travel around cheaply by yourself, I know I did it as did many of my friends, but she seems stupid and sheltered so it wouldn't surprise me if she did it with a tour group.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

There are several companies that offer tours that stay at hostels. Rick Steves doesn't because his tours are more for older folk but his tours are fairly bare bones (shared rooms/shared bathrooms).

I mean it's not that difficult to save and then travel around cheaply by yourself, I know I did it as did many of my friends, but she seems stupid and sheltered so it wouldn't surprise me if she did it with a tour group.

My friend does also... she might be considered a dumb blonde... but I suppose maybe that helps her in her travels. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Sean may also be sending her tuition or counting the remodel work on his house into the $12k. 

Sean seems like a miserly SOB.  So, I bet he has a detailed ledger and is keeping track of every penny he spends on items even remotely related to Abby.  He's probably counting his cellphone because he calls her on it, his computer because he Skypes with her on it, the home remodeling because she might move in, his camera that he uses to take pictures of himself to impress Abby.  He can justify almost any expense.  He will never let her forget how much he spent.  And I bet the cheap bastard will try to deduct these expenses (business expenses or something?) and take depreciation on assets. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

And why is Sean speaking of his 'relationship' with Abby in terms of money anyway? Isn't it all worth it 'for love', Sean? He's putting himself in SD territory.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

And why is Sean speaking of his 'relationship' with Abby in terms of money anyway? Isn't it all worth it 'for love', Sean? He's putting himself in SD territory.

Wasn't it in a TH? I am pretty certain he was answering a direct question by a producer.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Wasn't it in a TH? I am pretty certain he was answering a direct question by a producer.

Maybe he was just answering a question. He is keeping good records though.

Share this post


Link to post

I also wanted to say that I adore how specific Sean is about the number of panties.  Was 200 just too much for him?  Would 175 not show that he loved her enough?  Were there more that had "mishaps"?  It's only the panty specifics.  He wasn't like "... and 5 dresses, 7 shirts, and..."  :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/22/2017 at 0:54 PM, islandgal140 said:

Why I don't get is wouldn't Jesse have noticed all the character traits he is finding fault with since during their long distance relationship all they could do was talk, text, skype? He must have known she was a bit of a label whore, wore a lot of makeup and was vacuous. What did they even talk about during their courtship besides Darcy's desire to get married and calling each other babe. Speaking of which is really getting on my nerves.

If the 2 people in the preview are indeed Jesse's parents, this cast of characters is indeed one of the best things to hit reality tv in a LONGGGGG time. Why does his mom(?) look like Betsey Johnson?

Doesn't hurt that Europeans get a whole lot more vacation time than average Americans. I think average Americans get like 10 days and Europeans get like 20 days - as a minimum.Some countries/employers in Europe are even more generous. That doesn't include paid public holidays which they also have more of in Europe.  I met a guy while traveling in Europe who was during a truncated half world tour because he had like a month off.

In Europe most of people is at 6 weeks vacation time by the time you are 35-40. When I started working at 18 I got 2 weeks and before I left for USA at 26 I had 3 weeks vacation time. My mom when she retired at age 51 (the retirement age for women in Czechoslovakia and then Slovakia back then was 55 and then you could take off 2 additional years for each child you have so she was able to take off 4 years for 2 children) had 6 weeks vacation. And that is without additional holidays (2 days for Christmas for example) so at the end you work only 10 months a year. It's amazing!  Here in USA people work like crazy. Before I came here I never heard of someone working two jobs. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Abby seemed very bored with the laptop and iPad gifts. I guess the other guy gets her better gifts. She is using Sean to make Chris jealous - in hopes to make him commit to something other than sleazy sex tourism. 

That is an excellent theory, her Freudian name slip on camera was telling. 

The other guys probably give her cash.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Abby seemed very bored with the laptop and iPad gifts. I guess the other guy gets her better gifts. She is using Sean to make Chris jealous - in hopes to make him commit to something other than sleazy sex tourism. 

To me it was more like she doesn't need them as she already got new computer and iPad... from Chris. She can always resell those too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

You all are so much nicer about Cortney than I am. After Season 1 aired, the participants were very vocal about the fact they thought they were filming a documentary, not trash television. At that time, many participants of Season 2 had either finished or were in the middle of filming, so I give them a pass. From Season 3 on, along with all of the sister shows, the participants are famewhores. 

Cortney wants to be on television, and I agree with the comment that she probably tried to get on Catfish first with the previous and/or this "boyfriend." It sounds like the current one didn't sign up for this show, so she is willing to make herself look like a stupid idiot for fifteen minutes of fame. Previous participants have been skewered and roasted on social media and to willingly sign up for this show takes a dedication to be on television for any reason at all. 

I don't fear for her traveling to meet a non-existent person who very well may be one of her friends, possibly the self-proclaimed "social media detective" advertising for her own show. And her parents may be in on it, or they may be, like many of you, just happy that there will be a film crew with her. I'll need a bit more time on them before making a judgment, but not her, since the portrayal of the participants is a known fact about this show, and has been for awhile now. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

She has simple parents at home who get excited about dip. I think she's just itching to make something interesting in her life. Been there.

So much THIS!

My ex husband's family had a thing about dip. I found it rather odd that anyone would get excited about it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So much THIS!

My ex husband's family had a thing about dip. I found it rather odd that anyone would get excited about it.

Now I'm getting a complex, because I'm getting excited about dip (or equivalents of) on a regular basis. I thought I was just very easy to please... I guess I have a problem. (BTW Tatziki FTW!)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Landlord said:

Now I'm getting a complex, because I'm getting excited about dip (or equivalents of) on a regular basis. I thought I was just very easy to please... I guess I have a problem. (BTW Tatziki FTW!)

Tzatziki! Now you're talking! Hummus and spinach/artichoke are also tasty.  They were to the point of dip obsession that you'd think that's all was being served at whatever party or family gathering they were reminiscing about. Just thinking about that slob on the couch shoveling dip in his face and licking his fingers made me queasy.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar · Reason: Typo

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/23/2017 at 5:16 AM, trimthatfat said:

 

She has simple parents at home who get excited about dip. I think she's just itching to make something interesting in her life. Been there.

Actually she said she was looking for someone more family-oriented and less corrupt than American men. Sounds to me like she is looking for someone like her dad.  He might be simple, but he has had a long marriage, cares for his daughter, seems to have common sense and is a straight shooter.  That's what she said she wants.  Mr. Catfish does not fit that bill.  

I also love some good dip.  Costco has this amazing green chili dip that I have become addicted to.  My lifestyle is fits in more with the dip connoisseurs than the catfishing pornographers.  

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So much THIS!

My ex husband's family had a thing about dip. I found it rather odd that anyone would get excited about it.

I am from the Midwest and dip rules.  Not uncommon for normal people like her family to get excited about it.  But to be true midwestern, she should have opened it and made Courtney eat it   

I bet her mom cringed when she saw it on tv. 

I think Courtney is simple minded enough to believe in the dude   But she backpacked around Europe, that takes money   I think there's a lot we don't know, and she has a very comfortable life without working for it  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×