Drogo

S01.E02: Going the Distance

19 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Or at least buy a d*** phrase book and English/Portuguese dictionary. Do they still sell those or is it all online now?

He has an app and was using it in the cab and with her, he didn't use it with the ferry people because it was slightly more complicated but he still managed to get through it.

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He has an app and was using it in the cab and with her, he didn't use it with the ferry people because it was slightly more complicated but he still managed to get through it.

It's going to be cute when his phone battery dies somewhere.

BARNES AND NOBLE, DUMBASS.  There was probably one right next to the Doomsday Outlet where you bought all your other shit. 

• Like 15

Can anyone think of a reason why this episode is not offered on demand?   I have Free On Demand feature on my cable package.   We turned it on one night and saw episode 1 and 2 were available.   We watched episode 1, planning to watch Episode 2 the following evening.   Then Episode 2 vanished from the On Demand list -- and never came back.  Episode 1 is still available, Episodes 3 and 4 are available.  Still no episode 2.   This has been going on for a month.   I am reluctant to continue the series without having seen Episode 2.   There is no sane reason I can think of why it shouldn't be available.  But it isn't!   

55 minutes ago, millennium said:

Can anyone think of a reason why this episode is not offered on demand?   I have Free On Demand feature on my cable package.   We turned it on one night and saw episode 1 and 2 were available.   We watched episode 1, planning to watch Episode 2 the following evening.   Then Episode 2 vanished from the On Demand list -- and never came back.  Episode 1 is still available, Episodes 3 and 4 are available.  Still no episode 2.   This has been going on for a month.   I am reluctant to continue the series without having seen Episode 2.   There is no sane reason I can think of why it shouldn't be available.  But it isn't!   

Look for it on TLC.com

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Look for it on TLC.com

Good suggestion.   But I can't view it on my regular TV.  Watching on laptop is difficult when more than one person.

I can't fathom why TLC won't release episode 2 to On Demand.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:47 PM, kittle1974 said:

Or, maybe he's done this before (or he's planning for next time) and doesn't want to have to buy a new banner each time. It's much more cost effective to have one banner that can be used to welcome any skank home than have to individualize banners every time he imports someone.

That's what I thought, too!  It didn't even have her name on it; it just said "Welcome home, my love" or some equally generic sentiment.  Totally recyclable!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

We have Dish.  It failed to record a bunch of stuff that was in timers.  The timers disappeared.  So frustrating 

Plus, TLC and Dish don't play well together for watching online. I have TLC and still can't watch it online....Dish isn't listed as one of the providers.   >:-{

• Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 2:37 PM, Mercolleen said:

I learned that you can "freshen up" in the airport by slathering yourself with makeup samples.

To be fair, I'm flying from London to Chicago on Sunday morning and I will make sure I slather myself with the most expensive Lancome serum and moisturiser in Duty Free before I get on the plane. I travel make-up free anyway. Flying with a faceful of slap (as we call overdone makeup in the UK) must be so bad for your skin. And you might get on the plane looking alright, but in that dry atmosphere, it'll look like crap after a few hours.

But it wouldn't occur to me throw on a ton of random cosmetics at the other end of the journey.

• Like 2

I'm ashamed to admit this, but here goes....I bought this season on Amazon for $19.99.  I don't have regular cable but saw one episode and got hooked!

Darcy - Those fillers aren't doing her any favors.  She looked horrible coming off that plane.  No way does she look 42.  I'm 45 and my teenager said she looks "way older" than me.  Did you notice that when Jesse walked into his apartment, he was wearing an "H & 11" jacket from Darcy's label?  There is something unnerving about him.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  I desperately want to cut that clump of side bang that he's constantly  brushing back.  His apartment seemed a little too effeminate with the satin bedspread, pink champagne, flowers, female bust.  I loved how Darcy made it seem like she almost broke her leg when her shoe got caught in the "elevator."  Talk about dramatic.  She looked ridiculous hobbling around in the stilettos.  This should be interesting.

Paul - I could swear I saw two boxes of athlete's foot cream when the dogs were sniffing his luggage.  A venom extractor, full first aid kit, water filters....did he pack a defibrillator as well?  His relationship is the most bizarre of all of them.  He has been talking with her for months, yet only took 3 weeks' worth of Portuguese?  They literally cannot communicate without a translator app.  There's no way this can work out.

Sean - He's a relatively good-looking man.  Ok, he has a thing for dark-skinned women.  I live in Cincinnati, which is less than 2 hours away.  There are plenty to choose from.  Every time he calls her "Baby" the hair on my arms stand up.  She is a baby at age 20.  He should be ashamed of himself. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Paul - I could swear I saw two boxes of athlete's foot cream when the dogs were sniffing his luggage.  A venom extractor, full first aid kit, water filters....did he pack a defibrillator as well

I wasn't looking that closely . . . did you see anything that looked like this?

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

AZChristian. LOLOLOL....I didn't see one, but that doesn't mean he didn't pack one!  My poor husband walked into the room right when Paul was explaining that he needed to pee in a Trojan.  The look on his face was priceless.  Later on, he walked in just as Sean was screaming, "190 pairs of women's panties, baby!"  He shook his head and walked out of the room.

Edited by Phoebe70 · Reason: typo
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

AZChristian. LOLOLOL....I didn't see one, but that doesn't mean he didn't pack one!  My poor husband walked into the room right when Paul was explaining that he needed to pee in a Trojan.  The look on his face was priceless.  Later on, he walked in just as Sean was screaming, "190 pairs of women's panties, baby!"  He shook his head and walked out of the room.

My husband makes similar snide comments/expressions as he walks in and out of the room during the show.  He refuses to actually sit and watch an entire episode. Usually, it's along the lines of, "Oh my God, I can't stand these people."  And then leaves to watch football or something. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2017 at 9:18 AM, Phoebe70 said:

Darcy - Those fillers aren't doing her any favors.  She looked horrible coming off that plane.  No way does she look 42. 

I am 52 and I think I look younger than Darcy.  (I posted a wedding pic of myself over in the Four Weddings and Say Yes to the Dress forum if anyone wants to agree or disagree.)

On 10/20/2017 at 9:18 AM, Phoebe70 said:

I'm ashamed to admit this, but here goes....I bought this season on Amazon for $19.99.

Do NOT be ashamed - I envy you!  I want a DVD collection of "Four Weddings" so no judgement here.

Paul - just drop and run.  Abby is a 20 year old YOUNG girl.  Just.....stop.

• Like 1