OnceSane

S06.E03: Hava Nagila, Hava Tequila

Tensions are high as plans for a trip to Israel cause a divide. Reza puts on a "Peace in the Middle East" costume party in an attempt to bring the group back together. GG tries responsibility on for size at the LA Fashion Week runway. MJ and Tommy decide to take the next step toward becoming parents. Asa navigates managing her expanding business with her expanding belly.

I don't know what the cost of one of Asa's caftans are, but she sure will need to sell plenty to come up with a 10k/mth rent!!!      It's not Chanel on Rodeo Drive. 

• Like 3

A number of disclaimers ahead: I am not a member of the PC police. Nor am I a social justice warrior. However, this will be the last episode of this show that I will willingly watch - that "party" was one of the more offensive things I have seen on television, and that combined with the highly racially suspect undertones regarding the cast members reactions to Asa and jermaines relationship have left this show with one less viewer. Shame on Bravo for giving this group of rabid, offensive, and immature assholes a platform.

Edited by ticklemepink
  • Like 10

I will say that is the weirdest party I have ever witnessed. Since is was basically just cast attending, I think that Reza went for shock value and made it controversial on purpose. He wants to secure those paychecks for next season by "bringing it". 

I wonder that they aren't trying to integrate Destiny (from the People's Couch) into the cast. Was it her husband who came as the camel? She said yes to the trip to Israel but I don't recall seeing her in that detainment room the others were in on the preview. 

• Like 5

Scenes with MJ peeing and Tommy worrying about ovulation?   Ewwwwwwwwwwww!  Hope the camera guys got repulsion pay.

• Like 7

Reza will bring peace to the middle east because he'll unite Muslims and Jews in their condemnation of his Halloween party.

I loved the brief footage of MJ at the fertility doctor where she lied about her age and he reminded her that they went to high school together and were in the same class.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, ticklemepink said:

A number of disclaimers ahead: I am not a member of the PC police. Nor am I a social justice warrior. However, this will be the last episode of this show that I will willingly watch - that "party" was one of the more offensive things I have seen on television, and that combined with the highly racially suspect undertones regarding the cast members reactions to Asa and jermaines relationship have left this show with one less viewer. Shame on Bravo for giving this group of rabid, offensive, and immature assholes a platform.

I'm out, too. This season is just going to be about how those bloodthirsty Israelis want to bomb the peace loving Iranians. I took it off my dvr list and I'm dropping this forum from my homepage.  

1 hour ago, voiceover said:

When Mike walked in as Moses, I gotta say, that was the biggest "L" I ever "OL"d, for this show.

It was probably the best approach for this howlingly offensive themed costume party. It's interesting that the rest of the cast except for Reza and GG was trying to avoid dressing in burkas, keffiyehs, or like Hasidim.

• Like 1

So I wonder if they will show GGs engagement/wedding because she referenced him this episode by classily pointing to her genitals when she said she was opening herself up to Jewish culture. Shalom who is Jewish started appearing on her IG in October but it was still fairly subtle. 

Did we know Mike ran a moving company? I only remember Real Estate and shoe design.

Etb: I missed the preview initially so I didn't realize Shalom shows up next week.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I can't figure out why I like Tommy.

Because he's the most real person on the show! He seems to honestly care for MJ and puts up with the most horrible of MIL's! I can't believe he'd go through all this for a little fame and camera time! ;-)

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I will say that is the weirdest party I have ever witnessed. Since is was basically just cast attending, I think that Reza went for shock value and made it controversial on purpose. He wants to secure those paychecks for next season by "bringing it". 

I wonder that they aren't trying to integrate Destiny (from the People's Couch) into the cast. Was it her husband who came as the camel? She said yes to the trip to Israel but I don't recall seeing her in that detainment room the others were in on the preview. 

Thank you!  I was trying to figure out where I recognized Destiney from. 

GG's catwalk scene seemed like a remake of the runway roadkill scene of SATC.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

wonder that they aren't trying to integrate Destiny (from the People's Couch) into the cast. Was it her husband who came as the camel? he said yes to the trip to Israel but I don't recall seeing her in that detainment room the others were in on the preview. 

Given that she got her own TH, I would say yes. MJ is shown on the flight sitting next to Reza but didn't appear in the clip I saw, neither was Asa who also said she was going. GG goes to Iran every year and Shervin routinely visits Muslim countries in the Middle East so I can see them getting flagged for extra questioning. Not sure about Mike and Reza.

Would've loved to have see GG go after the crazy that is Janice.  GG would be on the floor in the fetal position sucking her thumb.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, urusai said:

Would've loved to have see GG go after the crazy that is Janice.  GG would be on the floor in the fetal position sucking her thumb.

I keep waiting for Loch Nessa to make an appearance as well. Seems GG has learned a little restraint but we are only two episodes into this season. I'm surprised that JD couldn't hear her comments but she was too absorbed in being photographed. She must be desperate if she's down to cameo appearances on a show like this (runway plus televised...oh yes, book me for that one) 

• Like 2

How many times did we have to hear MJ and whatshisname talk about fucking (bleep), knocking MJ up, doing it in the kitchen, make me a baby, etc etc....I can't stand these two.

That party was gross with the stupid costumes and fake bloody goats hanging from the rafters. Good times, y'all! This show has jumped the shark.  

Reza and Shervin were on WWHL last night. Reza shaved his moustache and lost 40 lbs. He has no upper lip. Shervin was very quiet. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That party was gross with the stupid costumes and fake bloody goats hanging from the rafters. Good times, y'all! This show has jumped the shark.  

Seriously. After this episode I'm considering giving this one up finally, despite me saying this every season from its first one; I only watch it out of boredom now. I don't like anyone on here but Asa, and her literal earth mother schtick is increasingly more smug with each episode---I liked her better as a mysterious Persian "pop priestess" shilling her gypsy juice, but I'm glad she's so excited about becoming a mother.

Boring episode overall, despite the "offensive" party((more like offensively boring)) and a completely random Janice Dickerson cameo; this was the wrong season for GG to suddenly give up her Lochnessa side---the idea of her even attempting to spar with the likes of Janice was tv gold that was sadly never mined!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I keep waiting for Loch Nessa to make an appearance as well. Seems GG has learned a little restraint but we are only two episodes into this season. I'm surprised that JD couldn't hear her comments but she was too absorbed in being photographed. She must be desperate if she's down to cameo appearances on a show like this (runway plus televised...oh yes, book me for that one) 

JD was as high as a kite, she wouldn't have noticed/heard a thing. LOL

• Like 5

This bravo bitch may be out on this show. MJ and her disgusting bf are jut too much. I dont want to see people pee or hear about their sex lives. Gross, and beyond low class. 

• Like 3

One thing that struck me was how Mike and GG joked around about the Turkey thing several times.  I don't remember, did Mike every admit to that?  Because if he hadn't, he basically did last night.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Did we know Mike ran a moving company? 

Hey, say "Yes" to one friend, and the word gets out.

• Like 5

Are MJ and Mike still involved in real estate? Reza still is, correct? I know Mike took some hard knocks, especially as he was on the commercial side, but it's a little unclear if he left the industry or not. MJ looked more pulled together when we saw her showing houses and now her style is...tragic (which is sad because she's legitimately beautiful), and I wonder if she's been letting loose without the constrains of outside work. 

• Like 3

I thought the party was hilarious, I guess since Reza qualified it repeatedly as a deliberate intent to offend / poke fun at EVERYONE and not just ONE religion / culture / ethnicity, it was less gross than it otherwise might have been. Mike as Moses and Adam as a Hassid had me in stitches. 

GG is too fucking dumb to breathe air, I swear. Mike was dead right on the Israel vs Iran discussion and as soon as she realized it, she reverted to LochNessa with her tired old "I'M NOT GONNA DOOOO THISSSSS" trope. So predictable. I loved watching her trip and nearly fall down on the runway and then pretend it was her actual personal preference not to do runway shows in the future. The show is always so much better without her crazy ass on it. She is just gross.

Edited by MollyZee
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, MollyZee said:

I thought the party was hilarious, I guess since Reza qualified it repeatedly as a deliberate intent to offend / poke fun at EVERYONE and not just ONE religion / culture / ethnicity, it was less gross than it otherwise might have been. Mike as Moses and Adam as a Hassid had me in stitches. 

GG is too fucking dumb to breathe air, I swear. Mike was dead right on the Israel vs Iran discussion and as soon as she realized it, she reverted to LochNessa with her tired old "I'M NOT GONNA DOOOO THISSSSS" trope. So predictable. I loved watching her trip and nearly fall down on the runway and then pretend it was her actual personal preference not to do runway shows in the future. The show is always so much better without her crazy ass on it. She is just gross.

Note to GG --

Muslims are allowed to VOTE in Israel.  You as a Muslim are far safer on the streets of Tel Aviv than Mike would be on the streets of Tehran.

Edited by Carolina Girl · Reason: Duplicate words
  • Like 11

41 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Note to GG --

Muslims are allowed to VOTE in Israel.  You as a Muslim are far safer on the streets on the streets of Tel Aviv than Mike would be on the streets of Tehran.

Furthermore Mike was legitimately & justifiably frightened for his life in Turkey - and he expressed as much repeatedly on and off camera. Neither GG, nor Shervin, nor MJ, nor Asa would have any such concerns in Israel. Her histrionics are all the more ridiculous and ignorant as a result. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cyberfruit said:

Are MJ and Mike still involved in real estate?

I don't think Mike is. Remember last season his new pie in the sky dream was designing shoes? We haven't heard any more about that yet, 3 episodes in. In fact, there is no focus on anybody's work at all. Except Tommy who use's the work excuse for not going to any of these stupid Shah's functions. Hey, maybe Tommy's not so dumb after all!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MollyZee said:

Nahhhh, LochNessa would have gotten in his face and not backed off! LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think Mike is. Remember last season his new pie in the sky dream was designing shoes? We haven't heard any more about that yet, 3 episodes in. In fact, there is no focus on anybody's work at all. Except Tommy who use's the work excuse for not going to any of these stupid Shah's functions. Hey, maybe Tommy's not so dumb after all!!

Anybody know what Tommy does for a living?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Anybody know what Tommy does for a living?

When MJ was on WWHL about a month ago she mentioned something about him owning a company for a breath analyzed ignition interlock device.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 1

When MJ was on WWHL about a month ago she mentioned something about him owning a company for a breath analyzed ignition interlock device.

Maybe he figured out a way to beat one and that made him rich, because seriously why else would MJ put up with him? 

7 minutes ago, Rottiemommie said:

Maybe he figured out a way to beat one and that made him rich, because seriously why else would MJ put up with him? 

Because she is worse and has a shit ton of baggage.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh yes, the shoes. That one fell apart super quickly because the store that he debuted them at, Kitson, went out of business a few weeks later.  I remember he had issues with delivery of the shoes, too.

• Like 1

What happened to Shervin's excuse that he couldn't go to Israel because he travels to other Middle Eastern countries regularly for business?  And, is that a valid excuse?

I don't know the particulars but I think yes. My ex had two passports (British). He worked in oil and some countries frowned upon him if he had previously worked in others. Hence he used both of them to avoid the extra hassle entering into countries or detainment. I never questioned the nuances and can't remember which one he used for which places (Middle East and Saudi Arabia as well as China and Russia). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I thought she said he worked for the company, as in an employee of the company. I can't imagine Tommy owning anything. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought she said he worked for the company, as in an employee of the company. I can't imagine Tommy owning anything. 

It could be.  I was going off memory.  

You might be right.  This is what it said on bravo.  Sorry about the caps.  It pasteD like that.

2.  He Works in Marketing

"Tommy is the Marketing Director for Blow & Drive Interlock; their company developed cutting edge technology that the government uses to monitor criminals in an effort to keep the streets safe and save lives."

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

MJ in the white skeleton onsie...OMG, WTF is wrong with her?

I think she has absolutely no clue as to how she really looks and how others perceive her. I think that she finds something that she likes and buys it with no regard to fit, style or it being flattering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think she has absolutely no clue as to how she really looks and how others perceive her. I think that she finds something that she likes and buys it with no regard to fit, style or it being flattering. 

Nope, she really thinks she looks good. And the "will her boobs fall out" outfits get her the attention she wants.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TexasGal said:

What happened to Shervin's excuse that he couldn't go to Israel because he travels to other Middle Eastern countries regularly for business?  And, is that a valid excuse?

If he's got Israel stamped on his passport, he may get detained and questioned when he travel to Arab countries. Likewise if you travel to Israel with stamp from Arab countries. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:39 PM, MollyZee said:

Furthermore Mike was legitimately & justifiably frightened for his life in Turkey - and he expressed as much repeatedly on and off camera. Neither GG, nor Shervin, nor MJ, nor Asa would have any such concerns in Israel. Her histrionics are all the more ridiculous and ignorant as a result. 

I thought it was Reza who was loudly fretting abut his safety in Turkey for some reason. If only he said why! *rolls eyes*

On 7/31/2017 at 1:31 AM, biakbiak said:

Given that she got her own TH, I would say yes. MJ is shown on the flight sitting next to Reza but didn't appear in the clip I saw, neither was Asa who also said she was going. GG goes to Iran every year and Shervin routinely visits Muslim countries in the Middle East so I can see them getting flagged for extra questioning. Not sure about Mike and Reza.

Anyone who is flying to Israel gets questioned extensively. I went a few years ago with a synagogue group and each of us was questioned individually about our reason for going, our synagogue affiliation, and our background. Anyone traveling regularly to the middle east would definitely be questioned more than usual. I don't think they were detained especially since it was being filmed. Permission would have been granted well in advance to film this. Security would know the reason and would probably have been easier on them if anything.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

Anyone who is flying to Israel gets questioned extensively

I have never had an issue the five times I have visited.

• Like 1

I watched as much as I could of last night's rerun.

• Reza is still an asshole, if not more.
  • Of course, Asa thinks her cross-dressing landlord is "deep and spiritual".
  • What kind of fly-by-night operation was GG modeling for, and what was the deal with Janice Dickenson suddenly showing up, modeling GG's outfit?
  • I injured my eyes when Asa asked if the Pumpkin Patch had "natural" pumpkins and thought they were used for Thanksgiving.
  • Robert is gross and crude and annoying, but he seems to be in love with MJ.
  • Like 3