Jump to content
SilverStormm

Insatiable

Recommended Posts

On 8/11/2018 at 9:43 AM, VartanFan said:

I didn’t read any reviews.  I don’t think it would deserve scathing.  I love the ridiculousness.  In it’s black comedy ways, in reminds me a little of Drop Dead Gorgeous.  One of my absolute faves.  

 

Bob looks so much like John Ritter...

Yes! It totally reminds me of a modern day Drop Dead Gorgeous. I haven’t watched that movie in years, I need to watch it soon! 

Share this post


Link to post

I watched the Pilot because of your posts. (I tend to ignore Neflix’s suggestions for what I should watch). 

The actress playing Patty, Debby Ryan, was on several Disney Channel shows my kids used to watch. She has great comedic timing. 

And yes, Dallas Roberts looks like John Ritter. He also has great comedic timing. And I loved him on The Good Wife. 

I like that the show doesn’t take itself too seriously. And the diversity is refreshing. But not a huge deal. No one is running around announcing that Regina adopted an Asian daughter, for example.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/11/2018 at 6:39 PM, eXiled said:

Hopefully enough people will watch and Netflix won't cave over the criticism.

If Netflix kept that suicide show, they'll stick with this if the show gets enough viewers.  I read somewhere Netflix goes by how many people finish the season when deciding what to renew.

I liked the show overall.  Some of the lines about weight and the gay jokes were cringy, but I didn't feel they were punching down like that Heathers pilot.  The show was a fun mess, it reminded me of the soap Passions in places.  I get the complaints, and agree with some of them, but I will watch season 2 if it comes back.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I absolutely loved this show.  My friend and I couldn't stop watching and laughing the entire weekend.  It's so goddamn wacky and I enjoyed the dark humor.  I also really appreciated how diverse the actors/characters were.   

6 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

The show was a fun mess, it reminded me of the soap Passions in places. 

This so much!  Especially Passions season 2 and onwards when they realized how ridiculous they were and just embraced it full on.  

My one major gripe is that we didn't get to see/hear Bob (I tried real hard to come up with a B-starting middle name and failed! Lol!) Barnard's wife reaction to his coming out.  Did she already know or was this a complete surprise?  Also, I really liked her character and was sad that she essentially disappeared after the 3rd or 4th episode.    

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Wow! So I wasn't just projecting in earlier episodes when I thought Bob B. constantly looked at Bob A. like he wanted to jump his bones!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/11/2018 at 3:38 PM, Mindthinkr said:

It took me a few minutes to place the guy playing Bob Barnard. Christopher Goren from Covert Affairs. I liked his character Aggie on that show. He still looks fine. 

Patty’s friend is pretty loyal considering all the changes that Patty has made. 

Sometimes these characters are over acting and it gets campy. 

Christopher Gorham.  ;)  I think it's funny how he used to play the awkward, dorky characters but gets a six-pack and now he's always playing "hot" characters with their shirt off.  I still think he's a bit dorky looking. 

Patty's friend isn't only loyal.  She completely has the hots for/is in love with Patty. 

This show is campy from beginning to end.  I love it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Now that I'm about halfway through the series, I decided to see what y'all though of it.  Your opinions match mine pretty well.  Not a show to take seriously and definitely a show that doesn't deserve all the bad reviews/press.

IMO, the reviewers/press felt that the show wasn't politically correct and came down hard on it.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh man, I remember Christopher Gorham from the short-lived TV show Jake 2.0. I loved that show.

This show is going for new heights of ridiculous in coming up with ways to make him take his shirt off. I'm not complaining. 

It's so confusing to me that the pageant coach's name is Bob, and the DA's name is also Bob. I wonder if the show named them like this for a reason?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, that ended with some dark shit. Overall I liked the show. It was completely over the top and totally insane. It will be interesting to see what season 2 will be like. 

Share this post


Link to post

Since this show can be pretty soapy, I'm thinking Christian isn't dead and will be back to make Bob A. and Party's life hell.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Finished!!  Really liked the dark humor and the twists and turns.  I tried to not second-guess what was going to happen and that made it much more delicious.  Yes, I would watch Season 2.  After all, Patty hasn't gone to regionals and still has to finish high school.  Time for more mayhem.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Christopher Gorham and Alyssa Milano were in a movie together called 'My Girlfriend's Boyfriend'.  It's a nice romantic comedy to watch on a rainy day.

Share this post


Link to post

I really think they missed the mark on this show by making it about Patty's quest for revenge instead of just a parody show about teenage beauty pageants.  I find basically every other character on the show to be way more interesting than Patty and don't understand why they even put in the whole "revenge" premise since I'm four episodes in here and have yet to see her get revenge on anyone that was mean to her when she was heavier.  

 

I agree that Bob looks a lot like John Ritter.  I kept thinking he looked familiar but couldn't figure out why until about episode 3.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/12/2018 at 1:11 PM, NeenerNeener said:

So Beverly D'Angelo joins the "Too much plastic surgery makes you look like a Muppet" club, with Rebecca De Mornay, Goldie Hawn and Fran Drescher.

OMG, I didn't realize that was her until reading this!  I knew that the actress looked familiar but couldn't figure out what I knew her from.  I wish that all these actresses wouldn't get so much (or really, any) plastic surgery.  It always looks horrible and you can't even recognize them afterwards.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2018 at 9:06 AM, Rina99 said:

Wow! So I wasn't just projecting in earlier episodes when I thought Bob B. constantly looked at Bob A. like he wanted to jump his bones!

Yeah, I thought it was just a running joke, not that it would turn into an actual plot point.  

I don't get why absolutely no one helped Patty when she was getting attacked.  I doubt that fall killed Dixie and I don't think anyone could even really blame Patty for what happened.  The girl straight up bit her neck!

That weiner crown was hilarious lol.  Besides the crown, I thought it oddly flattered Patty with the white tights and white jacket with the bright dress underneath. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Netflix REALLY wanted me to watch this show. I feel I got bombarded by ads.

 

This was fun, though I found Patty to be the most frustrating character because she kept getting into trouble by making the worst possible decision at every turn. So much so that at the end when she got away from her kidnappers and got to regionals, then gets a text from Magnolia all, “Meet me in this abandoned parking lot. I’ve got something for you” and she just runs off to meet her, I was practically yelling, “OH, COME ON” at the TV.

I was more invested in the parents’ drama, though I don’t know what’s so great about Bob that both Bob B and Coralee (and Stella Rose, AND Patty) are mad about him. They both could do better. And I really want to see Coralee break out on her own and be wildly successful with her tampon tassels. 

The one who is rightfully mad about Bob is Patty. He’d move the moon and stars for her if it meant she could win a pageant. She’s right that they are destined to be together (not romantically. Just forever mixed up in their crazy bullshit).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/11/2018 at 2:44 PM, Mindthinkr said:

 

P.S. I think Alyssa Milano is playing closer to her own personality than a character. It just seems so natural for her to be witchy. 

Huh? What are you basing that on? If anything, she seems to be going for an over-the-top caricature, like everyone else on this show.

Also, a bit of decent joke casting, considering Patty's Amy Fischer/Drew Barrymore fantasizing, by putting the other Amy Fischer actress in the Mary Jo Buttafuoco role.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

There were parts of this show I liked (Bob’s realization that Stella Rose couldn’t hurt him or his happiness, Nonnie) and parts I hated (the icky threesome between Coralee and the Bobs, the tiresome back and forth of hook-ups and break-ups, Dixie’s pariah status coinciding with her ADHD and maybe being on the autism spectrum). 

I don’t know if I could take another season, but I am wondering what happens next. 

Edited by DietCokeJunkie

Share this post


Link to post

The show would be much much more enjoyable if Patty wasn’t just a straight up bitch. I love that they’re covering so many important issues while keeping it fun... but how many times is the leading lady going to realize she’s an asshole and feel terrible about it and then turn around and out her mentor and only person she has in her life just because? Yeah, having to hear people say you USED TO be fat is the same as having to come out in

front of everyone in town and destroy two families. I wasn’t going to take this show seriously, but that episode completely killed it for me.

I loved Bob’s little speech though.

Share this post


Link to post

That ending made me so uncomfortable, but I suspect that was the point. This show certainly is not afraid to be dark.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I recognized pageant Bob from Walking Dead, and DA Bob from Ugly Betty. Why on earth are they both named Bob???

I also thought this was a lot like Drop Dead Gorgeous. I've only watched the first two episodes, but so far, I don't think it's quite as funny or scathing as it wants to be.

Share this post


Link to post

I have only watched this far, but Patty is annoying me. Sometimes she is really smart, and other times incredibly stupid. Bob keeps telling her what to do, and she doesn't listen. It's happened multiple times in just this episode, and it's going to get old quick. Pageant Bob has also done some incredibly dumb things (going to Magnolia's room??!!?) that I just don't find believable.  I'll watch a couple more, but that's it.

I kind of love Allyssa Milano in this. So far, she is my favorite character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2018 at 6:00 PM, Bec said:

Oh man, I remember Christopher Gorham from the short-lived TV show Jake 2.0. I loved that show.

 

He was great on Covert Affairs too. 

Share this post


Link to post

That ending was really, abruptly uberdark.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, frankly. While overall I enjoyed the show, I feel its greatest flaw is that it lacks commitment. Overall, it seems to want to be this dark comedy, but it always veers just shy of actually diving into its darkness (finale excepted, of course). At the same time, it wants to be more lighthearted and also to be able to be a metacommentary on social issues, but again, always seems to stop short- by either not allowing real growth of our characters towards the "light" or by not going deep enough into social issues and coming across as just a shallow, cursory treatment of them (and being a caricature). I don't mind a show trying to take on more than one role, but I wish they would make a commitment to go all in on it/them.

As an example, the whole "Patty is in love with Bob" storyline from the first couple of episodes. This was just plain creepy and disturbing, and I'm not sad that they jettisoned the idea. At the same time, they introduced it, and then just suddenly ghosted it, with barely a mention afterwards. Yes, it did progress several plotlines, but the actual attraction and subsequent behavior was never really addressed nor settled between Patty and Bob. She just "got over" it.

I read one review that was largely and overly negative, but that raised some points I did agree with. One of them, in particular, was not knowing who the character of Patty really is. I think Debby Ryan did a great job portraying her, but the writing for her- while generally following a straight line- does veer wildly over the map from time to time. I think the show does have problems when it comes to her character. Yes she's a 17 year old (now 18) girl, and she is going through some crazy emotional times, but she should have some more consistency. We hear constantly that she's a "straight A student" and yet she acts so irresponsibly it is sometimes hard to believe. It definitely doesn't help that- especially for the first couple of episodes- we are treated to a character who seems to grow over the course of a single episode, only to have her suddenly decide to go evil in the last minute to set up the cliffhanger for the next episode.

Even the finale seems to waver and swerve erratically. While she is completely distraught and horrified about what happened with Christian, when she shows up to register for the pageant and sees her friends, she is utterly nonchalant despite having just apparently just killed Rose, as we later learn. Granted, we don't know how that went down (for instance, Rose might have really died by her own hands like the homeless guy, rather than Patty explicitly murdering her), but it still seems like the importance of the comedic "afterthought" moment was more important than actually treating Patty as a character.

I liked the show overall, and if it gets a second season, I'll tune in. I'm not at all sure where they can possibly go with Patty's character at this point- she's killed at least one person directly, and possibly another one as well. It will be hard to buy into any kind of penance for her character, so maybe they'll just go full on bonkers. That or (as others have suggested) have it turn out that a couple of these characters didn't die after all. I don't know, but to me it's hard to have a series as dark as this without having your main character have some kind of redeeming qualities (at least in a comedy) so that the audience can relate and forgive their misdeeds, but this seems a step too far.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, another show in the same vein, manages to walk that line by both not going too far into cray-cray, but also by having an utterly enrapturing lead. Debby Ryan is charming, but the flaws and now crimes of her character may be just too far gone at this point.

I don't think the show was nearly as flawed and messy as most of the reviews I've read; I actually think it was well done overall, on all levels, it just needs some tightening up. But I do think this over the top shock ending was a major misstep.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Like some of you, I was mystified at the overwhelmingly negative reviews, because I had been digging this show as frivolous camp fun and goofiness.  But this episode went way over the top for me- in all the best possible ways!

The sheer absurd campiness of it all- down to the parallel generational unrequited love stories (Bob/Bob and Nonnie/Patty) and soap-opera-dialed-to-11 dramatic "twists" like a false pregnancy that was actually a "demon" teratoma, my god- had me absolutely howling.  I mean, when Dixie bit into her like a freakin' vampire, and the camera lingers on Patty's shocked face, clad in her WienerTaco dirndl sporting fresh bite marks on her neck, looking for all the world like a peasant who's just been attacked by Count Dracula, and all this while "Cry, Little Sister" (the theme from the movie "The Lost Boys", for god's sake!) is playing in the background... I was in tears.  Tears.

Whoever was ragging on this show based on the supposed "fat-shaming" elements is missing out on a hilariously goofball show that also is really good about genuine human moments (I find the parent-child conversations for example to be surprisingly well-written, and the show at times gets serious about serious things) and yes, about body-positivity.  I hope word of mouth gives this show a cult following, because I think it deserves much more attention than it's getting.

Edited by hincandenza
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

That ending was really, abruptly uberdark.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, frankly. While overall I enjoyed the show, I feel its greatest flaw is that it lacks commitment. Overall, it seems to want to be this dark comedy, but it always veers just shy of actually diving into its darkness (finale excepted, of course). At the same time, it wants to be more lighthearted and also to be able to be a metacommentary on social issues, but again, always seems to stop short- by either not allowing real growth of our characters towards the "light" or by not going deep enough into social issues and coming across as just a shallow, cursory treatment of them (and being a caricature). I don't mind a show trying to take on more than one role, but I wish they would make a commitment to go all in on it/them.

As an example, the whole "Patty is in love with Bob" storyline from the first couple of episodes. This was just plain creepy and disturbing, and I'm not sad that they jettisoned the idea. At the same time, they introduced it, and then just suddenly ghosted it, with barely a mention afterwards. Yes, it did progress several plotlines, but the actual attraction and subsequent behavior was never really addressed nor settled between Patty and Bob. She just "got over" it.

I read one review that was largely and overly negative, but that raised some points I did agree with. One of them, in particular, was not knowing who the character of Patty really is. I think Debby Ryan did a great job portraying her, but the writing for her- while generally following a straight line- does veer wildly over the map from time to time. I think the show does have problems when it comes to her character. Yes she's a 17 year old (now 18) girl, and she is going through some crazy emotional times, but she should have some more consistency. We hear constantly that she's a "straight A student" and yet she acts so irresponsibly it is sometimes hard to believe. It definitely doesn't help that- especially for the first couple of episodes- we are treated to a character who seems to grow over the course of a single episode, only to have her suddenly decide to go evil in the last minute to set up the cliffhanger for the next episode.

Even the finale seems to waver and swerve erratically. While she is completely distraught and horrified about what happened with Christian, when she shows up to register for the pageant and sees her friends, she is utterly nonchalant despite having just apparently just killed Rose, as we later learn. Granted, we don't know how that went down (for instance, Rose might have really died by her own hands like the homeless guy, rather than Patty explicitly murdering her), but it still seems like the importance of the comedic "afterthought" moment was more important than actually treating Patty as a character.

I liked the show overall, and if it gets a second season, I'll tune in. I'm not at all sure where they can possibly go with Patty's character at this point- she's killed at least one person directly, and possibly another one as well. It will be hard to buy into any kind of penance for her character, so maybe they'll just go full on bonkers. That or (as others have suggested) have it turn out that a couple of these characters didn't die after all. I don't know, but to me it's hard to have a series as dark as this without having your main character have some kind of redeeming qualities (at least in a comedy) so that the audience can relate and forgive their misdeeds, but this seems a step too far.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, another show in the same vein, manages to walk that line by both not going too far into cray-cray, but also by having an utterly enrapturing lead. Debby Ryan is charming, but the flaws and now crimes of her character may be just too far gone at this point.

I don't think the show was nearly as flawed and messy as most of the reviews I've read; I actually think it was well done overall, on all levels, it just needs some tightening up. But I do think this over the top shock ending was a major misstep.

I agree with you on most of your post, especially about where they can go with Patty next year now that she's killed one (or two) people.

The only thing I really disagree with is the bolded section.  I've met way more people than I would ever think who are book smart but dumb in every other way of their life.  Also, she had to quickly adjust to this new life of being skinny and all of a sudden considered pretty.  That is a huge adjustment to go from being either ignored or bullied because of your weight to not having that weight any more.  It's not like her life was all of a sudden "perfect", but still a big adjustment.  So, to have Patty not be consistent made sense, especially since on top of all that she was still a teenager.  

I also never really saw the "revenge" storyline as a consistent thread.  Not in the way that this show was advertised as.  It seemed her motives for being in the pageant was to more prove her own self-worth than anything else.  I think I would've preferred a straight up revenge storyline. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I watched this out of intrigue as a result of the bad press and the allegations of fat-shaming, particularly on Twitter; so I guess the old adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity is still somewhat true. Addressing the controversy, people really need some sense of perspective these days; a dark comedy on Netflix (whether it misfires or not) is not something to spend your time and energy on. I know a show that should call them to action, it is called the news and it portrays real human suffering. Anyway, I would not be here without the controversy. 

I only wish the show was slightly more capable of defending itself; it is tonally inconsistent and structurally incoherent, most of the jokes fall flat and the characters seem more 2-dimensional caricatures. It just missed on almost every level for me, and the absence of any subtlety or nuance in favour of broadly drawn situations, characterisation and motivations left it open to some of the allegations it received. It is frustrating because there was a fun, subversive show hiding somewhere in there, struggling to get out.  

Edited by Pindrop
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm loving this series so far and even got my partner into watching it with me after swearing not to.     I love all the self-deprecating humor and the crazy premise that links the two main characters together.    The actress playing Nonnie totally was giving me Darlene Conner/Sara Gilbert vibes in how she's playing the character so far. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/24/2018 at 2:39 AM, dreamcatcher said:

The show would be much much more enjoyable if Patty wasn’t just a straight up bitch. I love that they’re covering so many important issues while keeping it fun... but how many times is the leading lady going to realize she’s an asshole and feel terrible about it and then turn around and out her mentor and only person she has in her life just because? Yeah, having to hear people say you USED TO be fat is the same as having to come out in

front of everyone in town and destroy two families. I wasn’t going to take this show seriously, but that episode completely killed it for me.

I loved Bob’s little speech though.

I disagree; what I like about this show is that most characters in it are people-like, including Patty.  While Regina and Dixie are cartoonish, almost everyone else is nuanced and multi-faceted.  The adults do try to be good with their kids, but are also not great with them- or each other.  Everyone's got secrets, everyone's got lies, everyone is a fraud... she's basically a weight-losing female version of Holden Caufield.  And her town is just full of phonies...

Was Patty completely in the wrong to lash out at Bob like that- and not the first time she's done so impulsively?  Absolutely!  But her character is basically still a child, and that kind of absolutist thinking and sense of hurt is extremely realistic for an adolescent- much less one who was cruelly bullied her whole life, hospitalized, has undergone a drastic physical and social transformation, and who is encountering a rapid-fire set of challenges and new and confusing experiences.  After a cruel series of rejections and abandonment- all happening around a ridiculous and cruel farce of a "roast" because she was unfairly labeled a bully by the evil machinations of the worst person in town- she snapped and acted waaaay out of line.

Yeah, okay.  That she would be self-absorbed and quick to temper is believable, because- again- she's a teenager going through an extremely  complicated time.  And she's good enough at heart that she has had plenty of genuine moments of decency and compassion, does care about other people.  Once it hit her how much she had hurt Bob, she literally collapsed into a Costco sheet cake of despair from her guilt and the emotional crisis of realizing just how much she bears the responsibility of her own unhappiness.

She's very, very imperfect- but so is everyone else in this show.  That's what I like about it: no one is getting the Mary Sue "winner's edit", and (excepting the sort of comic relief of Regina/Dixie) no one is unredeemably evil either.  Patty gets dumped on an awful lot, but also brings a lot on herself.  Like you'd expect from a teenager, and like you'd hope she would eventually grow out of it (I type this still having not seen the final two episodes).

Edited by hincandenza
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I am actually liking this.  I can see how people who are quick to be politically correct will get offended by the fat jokes and the racist humor without realizing that it’s meant to be over the top and crazy.  Honestly I think the weakest character is Patty which is a problem.  I got a few episodes in but I fast forwarded a lot so I might have to watch again because this is interesting enough.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really liked this show/season- I kept seeing the little trailer and tried it on a whim, surprised how much I liked it- but I can also agree that "uneven" is a pretty apt summary.  The show was all over the map in terms of tone, and that ending was daaaark.  Still, it was so fun, and so goofy/weird/camp, I had a blast watching it.  I'll be back for season 2, and I'm curious where they'll go with this now that Patty has basically chosen the irrevocable "dark side" while Bob A. is now aligned at the hip with her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t understand the negative reviews at all this hit all the right buttons for me.  I think this was the exact opposite of fat shaming like a couple of the reviews claimed.  The show went out of its way to say Patty would never be happy fat or thin until she was happy with who she was as a person regardless of her weight,   I loved Nonnie and her entire storyline.  Bob and Coralee were hilarious.  Actually I really liked all the parents and kids relationship.

I am really hoping for a second season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I've been taking my time on watching this series. This first half has been really slow for me to get through. I haven't been able to binge watch like other series. I've needed to take a few days in between a bunch of episodes, so needless to say, I haven't gotten very far. However, finally this episode has picked up the pace for me. I wasn't really into the previous episodes. I'm usually good with shows and movies like this. Heathers is a film I grew to love, though, so maybe it just takes me some time to get into this dark humour. I didn't feel like the previous episodes did it for me, but this episode really steamrolled ahead for me. I feel like this episode set up way more than previous episodes, at least things that interest me. 

I think it's helping that we're getting to the layers of more characters and finally peeling them back to see the complexities within. 

Pretty Boy Eyes AKA the one that looks like Heather's JD, is marginally more interesting than previous episodes. Patty's becoming a better person with each episode. Nonnie's getting a good plot that I've only just started liking now because of her standing up to Patty. Even Bob Barnard is getting interesting. 

I'm still irritated with Dixie and don't personally find her funny, but I do like Magnolia. 

I finally feel excited to watch the next episode. It only took seven episodes to get me more interested.

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, well that took a very sharp turn left. I think that them going over the top camp helped with this episode a lot. They had a perfect balance of some serious and emotional moments, and just over the top fun and twists I didn't see coming. 

I'm kind of all in for what else is in store. 

I guess I was wondering if they were going to go a Bob/Bob route, but I didn't expect it to really play out, not in the way that it did. 

False pregnancy that's actually a teratoma? And Pastor Mike is convinced it's a demon? Ok, sign me up for THAT fallout.

Dixie having fangs? And then Patty pushes her to the concrete? Ok, sure! I've been wanting someone to shut Dixie up for a while and if I thought she was going to actually die, I'd be more worried. I'll be surprised if she IS dead. 

This is all pretty great. For me, it just took a bit for the show to find its footing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2018 at 6:04 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Honestly I think the weakest character is Patty which is a problem

Exactly. This character and actress are not fun for some reason. I can't quite figure it out. 

Share this post


Link to post

Beverly D'Angelo was quite nice looking years ago and a dynamite comic actress.  But the plastic surgery is not doing her any favors.

Alyssa Milano, however, is hotter than ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Rina99 said:

Insatiable's been picked up for a Season 2 according to Alyssa Milano's twitter.

I am really happy about this.  This was a darkly funny show.  I really enjoyed it but i was pretty sure that too many people who got offended by it would cause it to get cancelled.  Glad it wasn’t.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have to agree with others that Patty is the least interesting character on this show. Bob’s warning to Brick that Patty lashes out when she doesn’t get what she wants was the most interesting aspect of Patty. But we haven’t seen that since the first two episodes. 

The incestuouness of this town is beyond belief. I know the show is kind of campy, but it’s like 2 degrees of Kevin Bacon instead of 6.

I would feel badly for Nonnie but she chose a terrible place and time to confess to Patty. And Patty handled it well given that, IMO. She didn’t freak, or get mad, or run away. She said she loved Nonnie more than anyone. I hope Nonnie settles down and can talk with Patty again. 

I’m finding myself getting bored now and then. There is a lot of people almost getting what they want, and then being sabotaged, and then having to come back from the sabotage. I want things to move on. 

Share this post


Link to post

The Jesus Magician cardboard cut out for the pageant was the funniest thing in this series so far. A literal interpretation of “Magic Jesus,” complete with crown of thorns. Now they just needed Gob’s music from Arrested Development. 

Thay said, I knew Mags would somehow get disqualified because that’s how this show rolls - a goal, a loss and then a miracle reversal. A bit predictable now. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×