Jump to content
maraleia

When Calls The Heart

Recommended Posts

On 12/5/2018 at 7:24 AM, Ali1313 said:

You think he would stay at least until he got more gigs? Guess he doesn’t need the money. 

Any article about WCTH after the finally is damage control. So when they say it was his choice to leave and not the fact that they wrote him out of the story line in lue of the Abigail focus, is suspect. They had been shrinking his part for years even though the majority of the fans only watched because of the Mountie/School teacher story and I truly think the producers all thought it would be just fine if they killed the Mountie. Now after they killed him and thereby killing the show, they are now back peddling and blaming it all on Dan. No actor leaves a paycheck, and it's telling that the majority of the other actors on this show do have concurrent other projects. So why could Dan not? Because they did not want the show to be about J&E, and they killed him to make sure the focus can now be on Abigail.

Remember, season 5 stopped filming in October of 2017 and the fateful end happened in April 2018, if the killing of the Mountie was due to Dan "other obligations or projects or need to go onto other projects", there is nothing on any media site with any project he was working on. No actor would "hide" a big project he is working on; so far all he has been on is one hallmark movie (put together for his severance package) and a 5 minute spot on a TV show.

Just sad, still mad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

They were shrinking Dan’s part because he told them a season and a half ago he wanted out. Dan said it himself. You can blame producers for how they dragged it out instead of killing him off when Dan first told them.  However Dan wanting out is all on him. It’s not Lori, it’s not any other actor or producer. It was Dan’s choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Stuffy said:

You can blame producers for how they dragged it out instead of killing him off when Dan first told them.

What? The whole show was based on the books about a Mountie and a school teacher, that was the plot, that was the marketing THAT was the show I bought into. Season one ended with a kiss, season 2 should have ended with the wedding. All the stories should have been around the Mountie and the school teacher, that is ALL. I'm sad because the show I thought I was watching was not the show I was watching at ALL! Tell me Dan would have walked away from the $$$ to do nothing! I don't buy it and what ever Hallmark, the producers or the actors say now is damage control. This was NEVER suppose to be the way the show ended, NEVER. Those of us who followed from season 1 have been brutally betrayed, and it's unforgivable. 

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t know what to tell you. You’re going to believe what you want, but the truth of it is Dan wanted out.  He gave them plenty of notice to decide what to do with the storyline. They chose to kill the character off rather than recast it. Actors leave higher paid and more successful shows all the time without any future prospects. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Stuffy said:

Actors leave higher paid and more successful shows all the time without any future prospects. 

Not the shows I watch (sources please). I guess I don't watch much TV because not one show I watch had it's main actor quit and the show continued. Yes, the background characters can leave but they are not dead, so they can return in the future to keep the story line going. But to have the main star of the show (the one where the whole story revolves around) leave and the show go on (without the actor having to actually die), no I don't recall that. Not any show that I watch. WCTH show was not an ensemble, the only two actors shown in marketing adds was the Mountie and the school teacher. Which goes back to my point that I was watching a totally different show than what the producers were creating. I know, I know, my bad, and I'm paying for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, Stuffy said:

OMG, I was wondering when someone would bring these old actors up, heck let's go back 40 years and bring up Susan Somers leaving 3's company, I heard about that when I was a small kid. Comparing Lissing to these old actors is in accurate, all of these actors had something waiting in the wings. It just did not pan out for them, but Lissing has nothing and is a relative nobody.

No, what happened here, sadly, is that Dan was like many of us; start a great project but then other folks in the office start to take over. You know, like when you are given less and less to do, not invited to work meetings and you ideas are tabled for "other better" ideas. You don't get fired, they just keep pulling you down until you quit, then they say; "see he/she was the one that wanted to leave". Just sad but I agree with free2think and Stuffy, I'm done.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Christmas episode last night. Did they call strollers ‘strollers’ back then? I was thinking baby buggy and that is certainly what it looked like. 

The women are all so made up with false eyelashes, etc. Pristine, lovely clothes. Fairytale time. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

I still blame Dan's leaving on a treacle allergy! Cause whoo boy, are we knee deep in treacle.

Right? I'm amazed they managed to resist having Henry adopt the mute orphan girl who kept making him read stories to her in the Christmas special. Lololol. That actor must get such whiplash if he reads the scripts back to back with his Riverdale ones.

I did think it was interesting they're trying to launch a spinoff series about the new orphanage on their streaming service. They didn't really hype that very much, just caught one quick ad for it on one of the commercial breaks. 

Abigail finally had her hair up when they were decorating the nursery! That's also a rare occasion. I noticed she was using some very modern-looking quilted oven mitts while doing her baking. 

And Opal seems to have grown quite a bit. Not sure if that was the same actress.

Kevan also now seems to be using the same weird accent that Pascale does (yet that none of the other cast members use).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Pickles said:

Did they call strollers ‘strollers’ back then?

Called 'em "baby carriages" back in my day. Strollers came along much, much later and a carriage is still a carriage, never a stroller!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/6/2018 at 11:34 AM, free2think said:

Any article about WCTH after the finally is damage control. So when they say it was his choice to leave and not the fact that they wrote him out of the story line in lue of the Abigail focus, is suspect. They had been shrinking his part for years even though the majority of the fans only watched because of the Mountie/School teacher story and I truly think the producers all thought it would be just fine if they killed the Mountie. Now after they killed him and thereby killing the show, they are now back peddling and blaming it all on Dan. No actor leaves a paycheck, and it's telling that the majority of the other actors on this show do have concurrent other projects. So why could Dan not? Because they did not want the show to be about J&E, and they killed him to make sure the focus can now be on Abigail.

Remember, season 5 stopped filming in October of 2017 and the fateful end happened in April 2018, if the killing of the Mountie was due to Dan "other obligations or projects or need to go onto other projects", there is nothing on any media site with any project he was working on. No actor would "hide" a big project he is working on; so far all he has been on is one hallmark movie (put together for his severance package) and a 5 minute spot on a TV show.

Just sad, still mad. 

I think they tried too hard to see the dan and Erin love story too. They tried on interviews and social media to make them out to be a couple off set. That might have just drove him over the edge. It’s the only show where they really push to make these actors and actresses seem like they really are the characters. I don’t know why they would push him out so I think he wanted to leave I just don’t get why he wouldn’t wait until something else came along it’s not like he’s that great of an actor. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/8/2018 at 1:04 PM, Roseanna said:

True!

I rewatched the beginning of S1 and most women had their hair up and wore a hat, clothes were more modest and blouses had been stuffed up. What happened after that? 

It seemed to me that Rosemary came in from the big city with her modern looks and that's when the the towns women start letting their hair down and dressing differently. I believe Rosemary's looks caused a stir in the town when she first arrived but then everyone started looking like little rosemary clones. 

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Valeria2 said:

It seemed to me that Rosemary came in from the big city with her modern looks and that's when the the towns women start letting their hair down and dressing differently. I believe Rosemary's looks caused a stir in the town when she first arrived but then everyone started looking like little rosemary clones. 

I don't think that professional women nor housewives in the cities dressed like Rosemary. She was an actress and therefore considered immoral.  

Rather, the showrunners decided to give up historical accuracy for modern wartchers. What a pity!   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Dr Carson Shepherd's grey woll coat is swedish army coat called "Vapenrock m/39-58".....fun facts

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×