ottoDbusdriver

S28.E22: Dogtown

11 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yep

That is good to hear. Last week I tuned in at 8 PM but I noticed that the Miss. America pageant was on and I was like, "oh, WTH?!".

Couch gag: The family on top of Everest/The Murderhorn. Heh, this was shown out of order.

Intro: Ralph: I'm a return!

Billboard: Tire Fire Barbecue

Try our car-broiled steak!

Chalkboard: Thank You for 28 Years...Taylor Swift

Heh, people loving dogs was more than Gil makes perfect sense for Springfield Court. And then dogs become the dominant species in Springfield. Yeah. I think we saw every (living) dog that's been shown in this series so far, like Laddie and that dog Flanders has.

So, this was pretty much like the dolphin story from THOH, except less bloody. I do like that the natural counter to a pack of dogs was the Crazy Cat Lady. And Marge became the alpha the same way Linda Belcher saved her town from turkeys: established a pecking order. And again, not as satisfying as that other story.

This was a weird episode. That's it for this season, see you all in the fall.

• Like 1

Favorite part of the night: Homer using Snowball II to drag SLH through the dog door just to say "look what the cat dragged in" with Bart and Lisa agreeing that it was totally worth it.

Runner up goes to Homer naming all the breeds of dogs surrounding him, then trying to use the dachshund as a weapon.

MARGE saved the day? MARGE?!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

MARGE saved the day? MARGE?!

And Gil AND Crazy Cat Lady ended up doing nothing. There was zero foreshadowing to that at all.

13 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Chalkboard: Thank You for 28 Years...Taylor Swift

Taylor was born on Dec. 13th, 1989 and "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" originally aired on December 17th. So yeah, weird!

• Like 1

Homer using the Dachshund as a weapon gave me the biggest laugh and I'm still not sure why. My heart is almost as tiny and black as Mr. Burns' is at this point but when he was reunited with his hounds I may have melted just a bit. I heart my doggies too even though I don't release them on anyone. :-D

So that was the season finale. Meh.

• Like 1

I think I slept through most of the episodes this season, including this one.  Someone needs to put this show out of its misery.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 6:35 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Favorite part of the night: Homer using Snowball II to drag SLH through the dog door just to say "look what the cat dragged in" with Bart and Lisa agreeing that it was totally worth it.

That was a great joke. 

My own dog basically barked through the entire episode, so it made it more fun. 

I was fine with it until the resolution was Marge kicking the dog to establish dominance. They torpedoed their own premise to start with the jury siding for Homer not hitting the dog, but then resort to Marge kicking the dog at the end. 

• Like 2