Galileo908

S28.E21: Moho House

Moe helps Homer and Marge with their marriage; Nigel tries to break them apart after making a bet with Mr. Burns.

Couch Gag: Chia Pet family!

"Fun fact: the people who sang that song are all dead." It's been over 25 years, I wouldn't be shocked.

Oh goody, another "Homer & Marge's marriage is in trouble" plot. Haven't seen one of these in a while. But this one was actually nice, and sad.

AND a "Moe's bar gets remodeled" plot, too? And by a British guy, too? Sideshow Bob AND Itchy showed up to Moho House, while Krusty and Ranier Wolfcastle were denied. It was fun to see, but odd that Moe of all people was the one passing that judgment. Loved seeing Barney's giant novel. No surprise Barney would never physically leave Moe's.

"Wait till Midge hears about this!" I liked Homer finally asking Moe who Midge is, and Moe not exactly knowing why he calls her that. What I didn't like was the callback to Moe's talking bar rag. And that Ned has two dead wives.

"I can't work for a man I'm not in love with!" I've really been liking how many plots Smithers has had this season.

So that's two weeks in a row that the Gracie Films logo was spoofed, this time in Homer's flipbook.

You know...Lisa had zero lines this week, and I don't think Maggie was in the episode at all.

• Like 1

The only thing I have positive to say about Marge in this episode is her finally telling Moe to stop calling her Midge.

I feel like I'm the only person that ever calls her out on being such a whiny bitch-twit. She always has a problem no matter what Homer does, even when he does try. She's pretty much a full-blown harridan at this point, so I feel no empathy for her whatsoever.

• Like 1

Yeah, at this point the only other guy who COULD be remotely interested in Marge is Moe. And this is FAR from the first time Moe told Homer to treat Marge better. FXX ran a marathon of those episodes just earlier today.

• Like 1

I was surprised that the intro was so abbreviated.

This episode was basically a variation on the movie 'Trading Places', where two old geezers place a wager on an employee.  At least the wager was more than $1.

46 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Yeah, at this point the only other guy who COULD be remotely interested in Marge is Moe. And this is FAR from the first time Moe told Homer to treat Marge better. FXX ran a marathon of those episodes just earlier today.

Which says a lot about Moe in general. Marge has the appeal of Olive Oyl and for the life of me, I never understood what Popeye and Bluto ever saw in her either.

My, this is cathartic :)

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2

Just now, Spartan Girl said:

Which says a lot about Moe in general. Marge has the appeal of Olive Oyl and for the life of me, I never understood what Popeye and Bluto ever saw in her either.

Olive came from a rich family.

23 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

My, this is cathartic :)

Yeah, me too. Throughout the series is was always hinting that Marge is/was really hot but I just can't understand what is her appeal? I mean people after people either try to hit on Marge or they come up to Homer and say things like, "how did she end up with you?" Does anyone remember the time that she was taught to bowl by that French bowling teacher and he fell for her?

Overall, the main plot was typical, "oh, no Marge's and Homer's relationship is in trouble" but for some reason, I was actually invested in it. Maybe it was because I WAS  a bit convinced that they were actually going to have Moe and Marge hook up but in the last minute they didn't and instead Moe saves their marriage. I mean sure it was a given that this would've happened but for some reason, I was a bit convinced that they were going to allow Moe and Marge to finally hook up. 

I also liked Homer's booklet that he made for Marge and also that it had a Gracie logo at the end of it. 

As with the Burns and Nigel's plot, yeah I was also a bit confused when Burns thought that he had hallucinated it all. Even though Nigel just went to the bathroom and I also like the little-ended tag where Smithers has his contact redone and lists all of the things that Burns can't do to him anymore. That poor tiger will never know what Smithers taste like ever but he will be mummified with Burns when Burns dies. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Like 1

I thought this episode was great.  I'm shocked, I would not have expected that from the episode blurb!  Somehow combining these two done-to-death plots (Moe's new bar, Homer & Marge's marriage is tested) made them both feel fresh again.  Visually it was great, loved that whole rainy-luxury-high-rise vibe.  An impressive outing, probably my favorite all season.

Edited by JyDanzig