Jump to content
poopchute

S06.E19: Blue Christmas

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

And Maci is getting 17% of that!  Wow that girl is going to do whatever it takes to make sure this gravy train never ends!  

I wish that were true. If that were the case Barb would have received a lot more since she has Jace in her care and custody 24/7. Barb was given $125 a week from Jenelle. I believe Chelsea was receiving a small amount as well from Adumb. Amber is ordered to pay Gary child support and it didn't seem that it was a huge amount either. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Amber is ordered to pay Gary child support and it didn't seem that it was a huge amount either. 

And... she didn't start paying the child support ($1200/month) until only a year ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

And... she didn't start paying the child support ($1200/month) until only a year ago.

And didn't Gary mention he forgave a major portion of the past support, too?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Maci isn't my favorite and she has done a lot of terrible shit, but I don't really see her SHOVING Taylor into the Daddy role. She tried to do it with Kyle, but with Taylor - I actually see him stepping up and filling it himself. He hasn't always seemed super enamored of Maci, but I have always thought he was great with Bentley. IMO, Ryan vacated the "daddy role" years ago. Hell, he never even filled it, really. He is generally absent, and not present even when he is present. Taylor lives in the house with the kid, has for years. He takes him places, coaches his sports teams, etc. Also, I don't think it's really fair to act like Taylor's family aren't important because they're not blood relatives. My step-mom's family was freaking amazing to me when I was growing up. They treated me just as they did their blood niece/grandchild/etc. They wanted me to come to every even my dad and step-mom went to. I really appreciated that. We've never met Taylor's family, but we have no way of knowing how close they may or may not be to Bentley. But I don't think there's anything wrong with him going to the holidays at their house. 

Taylor moved there right before Maci got pregnant didn't he?  And Jayde is what, one?   That's not that long.  

I don't see what Taylor does that is so great, mostly he is sitting around and drinking in their segments.   It seems like Maci drinks a lot more since she's lived with Taylor, unless its just editing and she has always been a lush.  In any case, it doesn't really matter what works for other people.  We d on't know how well Bentley knows Taylor's family, but I don't imagine Bentley has made multiple trips to Texas in the time Maci has dated Taylor.  He was probably parked at Ryan's parents for those trips.

3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Sadly, he probably makes $100,000 each year from this series.

I would guess it's even more than that.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

 

Jen and Larry are not the only set of grandparents and now Bentley is involved in a blended family.  For example, can you imagine if during Ryan's weekend with Bentley she said Bentley can't go because her parents, Bentley's other grandparents wanted to see him or spend time? IMO that would be wrong. 

It becomes Maci's business because Jen and Larry have to be the ones to communicate and set up visitation with Bentley because if they left it up to Ryan to coordinate they would hardly ever see their grandson. 

Maci and Ryan are not teenagers anymore.  The grandparents helping out when the baby is first born and the first few years of their life is understandable in a situation like theirs.  Bentley is 8 years old now, and both Ryan and Maci are in much more stable places. Jen and Larry's role as "3rd parent" needs to be modified.

No, she talks about more than setting up the visits with Jen.   She has gone out of her way to bash Jen and complain about Bentley seeing them.  Maci and Ryan cannot get along, it's really not such a bad idea to have someone more level headed involved.   Of course, Maci is such a petty bitch that she won't voice any of her shit talking to Jen, instead she takes it to national television so that she doesn't have to hear Jen get "emotional."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, lexiexx said:

No, she talks about more than setting up the visits with Jen.   She has gone out of her way to bash Jen and complain about Bentley seeing them.  Maci and Ryan cannot get along, it's really not such a bad idea to have someone more level headed involved.   Of course, Maci is such a petty bitch that she won't voice any of her shit talking to Jen, instead she takes it to national television so that she doesn't have to hear Jen get "emotional."

All true, it also immediately comes after the previous episode where Jen and Larry were talking about Maci on national television.  If we are going to call people out then fine, but at least be fair about it. IMO, Maci complains about the "level of involvement" that Jen and Larry still have not the actual act of seeing Bentley.  That is a huge distinction to make.  An issue that Jen and Larry themselves have complained about.

I happen to think both parties should refrain from "bashing" each other because at the end of the day I truly believe that Maci, Jen, and Larry all have great affection for one another.  To me this all stems from their frustration with the situation at hand.  A situation that Ryan isn't completely at fault for but contributes greatly too.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Jen and Larry have said nothing remotely close to what Maci has said.  I don't know how you're missing that maci does have an issue with them seeing Bentley.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, lexiexx said:

Ps:  1 2 3 CHUG!

While pointing her fingers and making judgments on everybody and calling Jen stupid.

Quote

We don't know how well Bentley knows Taylor's family, but I don't imagine Bentley has made multiple trips to Texas in the time Maci has dated Taylor.  He was probably parked at Ryan's parents for those trips.

Co-sign bold. You know that is what she did. She sure didn't take Bentley to any of those chug-a-lug parties. And Mama Bookout wasn't about to babysit while Maci was seeking out a new bed partner to trap into marrying her.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lexiexx said:

Jen and Larry have said nothing remotely close to what Maci has said.  I don't know how you're missing that maci does have an issue with them seeing Bentley.  

I'm actually not missing anything!!!!  I think the context of what Jen/Larry were complaining about was no different than what Maci was complaining about.  I don't think any party is better than the other.  Jen/Larry shouldn't complain about Maci and vice versa.  If both parties can follow that there is never a need to "qualify or rate" either rant.

IMO, Maci's issue isn't "I don't want Jen/Larry to see Bentley, I don't want these people near my son, I want them out of his life."  IMO, Maci's issue is "I let Jen and Larry see Bentley a lot, but there are times where they can't see him or have a RIGHT to see him and I think that they need to respect that.  I appreciate their involvement but that doesn't guarantee them an equal say in the matter".

As I've stated before I don't think there is some sinister war brewing between Jen/Larry and Maci.  I think they have a fundamental disagreement about visitation.  This isn't the Hatfields and the McCoys fighting over a shared child.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, lexiexx said:

Maci acts like she is doing Ryan's parents a favor by letting them see Bentley.   I know they don't have rights or anything, but what about the time when she also left Jayde there?  Ryan's parents probably think she's just a huge asshole and humor her because of how vindictive she is.   I loved Jenn's zinger about how Mackenzie is the best one yet.   That probably really pissed Maci off considering she swears up and down how madly in love they were before Bentley was born.  

Honestly, it must be so hard for Jenn and Larry to smile and act normal knowing what a manipulative egomaniac Maci is.   She wants to hold all the power and then punish everybody else because she has the kid more.  

I don't blame Ryan at all for letting his mom try and arrange the dates.   It seems like he hates Maci and she is constantly denying him the time he asks for.   Then turns around and talks shit about how he doesn't see Bentley as much as he should.   Jenn keeps her composure, where Ryan cusses her out and then the fallout is worse.  

It seemed to me like a nervous habit.   He has probably figured out that Maci acts like a self righteous bitch and shoots down plans like that.

Wow, I saw that scene completely differently.  Actually she IS doing them a favor by letting them see Bentley.  They don't have custody of Bentley.  They are not Bentley's parents.  Yet, she still let's Bentley go over there EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.  That's way more than she needs to do especially considering Ryan's lazy ass hasn't bothered going to court to get any type of visitation schedule.  She invites them to every gathering and event.  Hell, she invited them to her WEDDING.  I'm not seeing manipulative egomaniac at all.   I'm seeing a mom that's tired of her ex's bullshit and his enabling parents. If Ryan would just get his useless ass over to the courthouse to get a schedule put in place or even just TALK TO MACI about a rotating schedule like his adorable little caretaker McKenzie suggested, it wouldn't even be an issue.  But he won't ever do that because he's a giant man child.  I'd be pissed too if my kid's grandparents asked them to spend Christmas eve at their house when he's never done that before and without talking to me first about it.  That wasn't Jen's place.  She was dead wrong for that.

Edited by lezlers
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Saying anything to Bentley regarding visits or trips, before talking to the parents is very wrong. Bentley gets let down more than anyone ever should.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I see it that Maci has more than taken advantage of Jenn and Larry.....Every other weekend has guaranteed Maci party beer bash weekends for years and everyone knows Maci loves her some Bud Lite!  Don't act all holier than thou when Bentley will someday see that scene of Maci in Vegas simulating humping a male stripper!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I'm actually not missing anything!!!!  I think the context of what Jen/Larry were complaining about was no different than what Maci was complaining about.  I don't think any party is better than the other.  Jen/Larry shouldn't complain about Maci and vice versa.  If both parties can follow that there is never a need to "qualify or rate" either rant.

IMO, Maci's issue isn't "I don't want Jen/Larry to see Bentley, I don't want these people near my son, I want them out of his life."  IMO, Maci's issue is "I let Jen and Larry see Bentley a lot, but there are times where they can't see him or have a RIGHT to see him and I think that they need to respect that.  I appreciate their involvement but that doesn't guarantee them an equal say in the matter".

As I've stated before I don't think there is some sinister war brewing between Jen/Larry and Maci.  I think they have a fundamental disagreement about visitation.  This isn't the Hatfields and the McCoys fighting over a shared child.

All Jen and Larry said was that they would like for Bentley to see larrys extended family and that Bentley also spent last thanksgiving with Taylor's family.   They can see the games that maci plays.  Ryan would be part of that trip so he should have an equal say in the holiday arrangement.   He does need a formal agreement if they don't have one.   Didn't they say something about not having thanksgiving since he was two?   Yeah that sounds pretty selfish on Maci's part to me.   

1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Wow, I saw that scene completely differently.  Actually she IS doing them a favor by letting them see Bentley.  They don't have custody of Bentley.  They are not Bentley's parents.  Yet, she still let's Bentley go over there EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.  That's way more than she needs to do especially considering Ryan's lazy ass hasn't bothered going to court to get any type of visitation schedule.  She invites them to every gathering and event.  Hell, she invited them to her WEDDING.  I'm not seeing manipulative egomaniac at all.   I'm seeing a mom that's tired of her ex's bullshit and his enabling parents. If Ryan would just get his useless ass over to the courthouse to get a schedule put in place or even just TALK TO MACI about a rotating schedule like his adorable little caretaker McKenzie suggested, it wouldn't even be an issue.  But he won't ever do that because he's a giant man child.  I'd be pissed too if my kid's grandparents asked them to spend Christmas eve at their house when he's never done that before and without talking to me first about it.  That wasn't Jen's place.  She was dead wrong for that.

She's not doing them the favor, Ryan is.  

So she invited them to her wedding.  She also dumped both Bentley and jayde on them to go party at catelynns wedding.    There is a give and take in families but Maci's ego and power tripping problem creates the issue whenever it comes to accommodating plans that the Edwards would like to have , including ryan who is the kids father.  I wonder if they mentioned it to Bentley to see if he wanted to go so that maci couldn't just say no he doesn't want to.  She was probably just pissed that Bentley might have said he wanted to and she had no plans on that.  

Edited by lexiexx
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Wow, I saw that scene completely differently.  Actually she IS doing them a favor by letting them see Bentley.  They don't have custody of Bentley.  They are not Bentley's parents.  Yet, she still let's Bentley go over there EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.  That's way more than she needs to do especially considering Ryan's lazy ass hasn't bothered going to court to get any type of visitation schedule.  She invites them to every gathering and event.  Hell, she invited them to her WEDDING.  I'm not seeing manipulative egomaniac at all.   I'm seeing a mom that's tired of her ex's bullshit and his enabling parents. If Ryan would just get his useless ass over to the courthouse to get a schedule put in place or even just TALK TO MACI about a rotating schedule like his adorable little caretaker McKenzie suggested, it wouldn't even be an issue.  But he won't ever do that because he's a giant man child.  I'd be pissed too if my kid's grandparents asked them to spend Christmas eve at their house when he's never done that before and without talking to me first about it.  That wasn't Jen's place.  She was dead wrong for that.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!  The reality is that Maci and Jen and Larry wouldn't be in the positions they are in to have any sort of conflict with one another if Ryan was doing what he is supposed to.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lexiexx said:

What he is supposed to do according to her highness, you mean.

The first thing I would suggest is that Ryan needs to understand the correlation between getting to be the "fun" parent who gets the kid on holidays and special trips and being an actual partner in co-parenting with Maci.  I would suggest that Ryan try and connect with Bentley one on one.  That would require him to make a plan, make a schedule, bring it to Maci's attention, and then actually follow through.  That would also require him to not just show up for the fun things but to take an initiative to help Bentley with his homework, take him to the doctors, dentist, help volunteer at his school, and help him participate in his activities.  Follow through meaning show up when he is supposed to show up, on time, and present every single time.  I would also suggest that he ask his parents to take a step back and let him take the lead in regard to Bentley.  That doesn't mean that they can't see him or talk to him, or even communicate with Maci but I think he needs to let them know he is trying to be a more productive parent and for him to do that he needs a little space.

Then once Ryan shows good faith I think only then is it a good time to have a serious discussion with Maci about a more permanent schedule that everyone can follow.  I think by doing that he will show Maci, Jen/Larry, and McKenzie that he is dedicated to being an actual parent not just one that wants his kid on holidays and only when his parents are there to be a buffer.

That would be my suggestion. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

There is nothing stopping Maci from going to the court to get a schedule in place. She knows that Ryan isn't going to do it, so why doesn't she if it's that's important to her? I think she likes the flexibility that she has now and doesn't want to give it up. Without a visitation schedule she holds all of the cards.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/12/2017 at 7:21 PM, Caracoa1 said:

And Maci is getting 17% of that!  Wow that girl is going to do whatever it takes to make sure this gravy train never ends!  

Whatever the amount that money is for the care and raising of Bentley and that's why it is called child support, it is not palimony or alimony. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

There is nothing stopping Maci from going to the court to get a schedule in place. She knows that Ryan isn't going to do it, so why doesn't she if it's that's important to her? I think she likes the flexibility that she has now and doesn't want to give it up. Without a visitation schedule she holds all of the cards.

She can't just go and get a mutually agreed upon Agreement alone.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not saying Maci isn't entitled to 17% of Ryan's income to raise Bentley because she certainly is..But as a parent I certainly would love to be getting 17%  of 100 grand to raise my child and would do everything I could to ensure my ex kept that job!  The average mother does NOT get that kind of money at all in child support if at all.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She can't just go and get a mutually agreed upon Agreement alone.

True, but she can take the first step, get the process started, and make Ryan come to the table.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with that is the process doesn't work and immediately fails because Ryan for all intents and purposes doesn't really seem ready to participate in something more formal.  He continually flakes on Bentley, doesn't show up to his activities, and can't even be relied on to make it to trick or treating at a reasonable time.  So Ryan doesn't proceed with anything formal because he knows that he isn't ready to fully take on the "ACTUAL RESPONSABILITY" of what a more formal visitation would require.  Maci has no incentive to do it until Ryan is actually ready for it.

It's nice to have something formal and in writing but the real test is in the actual carrying out of visitation.  Also visitation isn't just the "fun/easy" things it will also require Ryan to equally participate in the "grunt" work of actually parenting a child. 

The question isn't should Ryan or Maci initiate.  The real question is, is Ryan 100% ready for that responsibility?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Ryan is a lot of things but I 100% believe that Maci is a manipulative brat who is punishing everyone else for the crap Ryan did to her when she was 17.  She contradicts herself so much. 

No, Jen and Larry aren't Bentley's parents.  They also aren't Jayde's grandparents but she has no problem using them as such.  Kyle, Taylor, and all the guys in between weren't Bentley's dad...but again, she had no problem pushing that role on them. 

Maci decides how things are going to be when it's convenient for Maci.  I would absolutely agree that any other mother in the world can decide when her kid does holidays and who the kid does holidays with but Jen and Larry were practically raising that child by themselves when their son ghosted and Maci was too busy partying/moving between men trying to lock one down.  They may not get a  say but they certainly deserve a holiday or two. 

I've also noticed that Maci gets real ballsy and controlling when Ryan starts to get serious about a girl and Jen and Larry start speaking highly of said girl. But that's for another post. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, Caracoa1 said:

I'm not saying Maci isn't entitled to 17% of Ryan's income to raise Bentley because she certainly is..But as a parent I certainly would love to be getting 17%  of 100 grand to raise my child and would do everything I could to ensure my ex kept that job!  The average mother does NOT get that kind of money at all in child support if at all.

That is not what Maci receives. If she did, then Chelsea and Barb would have received something similar for their child support. Adumb barely paid $1,000 a month and to this day he is still behind on payments. Barb was only getting $500 a month. These are independent workers. They are not considered employees of MTV.  Child support is also based upon the amount of time the child is with each parent and other factors such as who pays health insurance and how much.

23 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

True, but she can take the first step, get the process started, and make Ryan come to the table.

Right. She could file and have Ryan served and we know that his parents would have him respond in a timely fashion. The thing is, Maci knows if she took the first step to get such a process started, she would be facing a schedule that Larry and Jen would request. It might be Ryan she has served, but in reality it would be Jen and Larry who would be responding with their request through their son. Maci wouldn't want to share holidays where she gets Bentley for Christmas one year while Ryan gets him the following year and so on because that is what Larry and Jen would request and that is how the courts tend to make these visitation orders. I have a few friends who have that kind of schedule where they get their kids for the holidays during the odd years while their ex gets the kid for the holidays during the even years. Two of them have it so they have Thanksgiving, but the ex gets the kids for Christmas and New Years. They switch it up the following year.

I don't see Maci wanting a rigid set schedule especially now with Taylor in the picture. Think of Kail and Jo. She gets Mother's Day and Jo gets Father's Day. Imagine if Maci didn't have Bentley for Father's Day. She'd feel Taylor was missing out on that day with Bentley. It doesn't matter that Ryan is Bentley's father. Then, we have Bentley who is growing older and who is making his voice heard. He is not wanting to spend that much time with his dad. He seems to want to spend more time with Maci and Taylor. How much of that is Maci's doing? I can't say for sure, but I no doubt think she has talked to Bentley and led him to believe how much of a father Taylor is to him and Bentley is not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

That is not what Maci receives. 

And you know this for a fact?  You have some kind of inside information no one else is privy too?  If Maci wasnt receiving timly child support payments that she felt were appropriate I guarantee she would be shouting from the rooftops and that would be her storyline!  

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/12/2017 at 10:24 PM, lexiexx said:

Taylor moved there right before Maci got pregnant didn't he?  And Jayde is what, one?   That's not that long.  

I don't see what Taylor does that is so great, mostly he is sitting around and drinking in their segments.   It seems like Maci drinks a lot more since she's lived with Taylor, unless its just editing and she has always been a lush.

I'm not sure when Taylor moved there, but I know they announced the pregnancy at the end of 2014. So He's been living with them at least 2.5 years. But Maci said, even back then, they'd been together for 2 years at that point. Even if they were long distance until he moved, there's a good chance Bentley saw Taylor more than absentee Ryan. 

I'm not saying Taylor is some amazing man that deserves father of the year. But I do think he's good with Bentley. In every scene I've seen of them together, he's always calm and patient and amiable. He seems like he's really there for the kid, and I believe he coaches one of his teams as well. He seems fairly involved, to me, from what little we've seen. And that's more than I can say for the sperm donor daddy. 

Maci and Taylor do seem to drink a lot. But other than their kid-free vacations, they don't ever really seem drunk or impaired in any way. I realize you can have dependency problems without being stark raving drunk. But some people do just like a beer at the end of the day. In many European countries, alcohol is served nightly at dinner. Maci drinking while pregnant was awful, so I'm not excusing that. I just don't know that there's a major problem there or not. 

On 5/13/2017 at 11:13 PM, lexiexx said:

What he is supposed to do according to her highness, you mean.

No, what a father is supposed to do for his child after he helps create one. You know, be involved in their life. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

And you know this for a fact?  You have some kind of inside information no one else is privy too?  If Maci wasnt receiving timly child support payments that she felt were appropriate I guarantee she would be shouting from the rooftops and that would be her storyline!  

Receiving timely payments and receiving 17 percent of $100k are two different matters. I only commented on the amount. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

I guarantee she would be shouting from the rooftops and that would be her storyline!  

Maci already did that some seasons ago when Ryan wasn't paying his child support. It was mentioned he was on unemployment and nothing had been paid to Maci. 

As for the amount, it varies from state to state. The amount of CS is based upon several factors which are entered into a guideline calculator such as this one which is used for California: https://www.cse.ca.gov/ChildSupport/cse/guidelineCalculator/findNewGuidelineCalculation?conv_instance=a561815c-77bf-42e3-b7bf-3475052b0c93&conv_id=none

The cast members are not being able to discuss money the cast members receive from this show. They can now talk about the show itself and reference the show due to the fourth wall, but they still cannot talk about their earnings which are paid to them as independent contractors. They receive their check in one lump sum with no taxes deducted from their checks. We know this because it has been published by various magazines and online sites how Kail, Maci, and Leah have all been in trouble with the IRS for failure to pay their taxes and back taxes. Amber's pay was revealed only because she was ordered by the court during her criminal hearing to reveal how much she earns as an independent contractor via MTV. 

None of us know the exact amount Maci receives in child support, however, we do know from the information revealed by the other cast members. Going by that information, some of us have concluded by reasoning that the amount paid to the bit players (Adumb, Ryan, Jo, Cory, etc) is not on the same level as the main players, and they also don't pay large sums of court-ordered child support. Cory's child support amount was mentioned on the air.  He was ordered to pay for his two children, the amount of $1200 a month, I believe. It was originally a lower amount that he and Leah agreed to ($800), but she went to her attorney and found out she could receive more money. Cory has his girls in his care for almost 50 percent of the time.  Jeremy was ordered to pay $1500 a month and that is because he doesn't have his child in his care all that much due to his job. Again, it is all about the about of time a parent has their child in their care that factors in a child support amount. 

 

Quote

Maci drinking while pregnant was awful, so I'm not excusing that. I just don't know that there's a major problem there or not. 

It must be a problem if she couldn't even stop drinking while pregnant. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm not sure when Taylor moved there, but I know they announced the pregnancy at the end of 2014. So He's been living with them at least 2.5 years. But Maci said, even back then, they'd been together for 2 years at that point. Even if they were long distance until he moved, there's a good chance Bentley saw Taylor more than absentee Ryan. 

I'm not saying Taylor is some amazing man that deserves father of the year. But I do think he's good with Bentley. In every scene I've seen of them together, he's always calm and patient and amiable. He seems like he's really there for the kid, and I believe he coaches one of his teams as well. He seems fairly involved, to me, from what little we've seen. And that's more than I can say for the sperm donor daddy. 

Maci and Taylor do seem to drink a lot. But other than their kid-free vacations, they don't ever really seem drunk or impaired in any way. I realize you can have dependency problems without being stark raving drunk. But some people do just like a beer at the end of the day. In many European countries, alcohol is served nightly at dinner. Maci drinking while pregnant was awful, so I'm not excusing that. I just don't know that there's a major problem there or not. 

No, what a father is supposed to do for his child after he helps create one. You know, be involved in their life. 

The issue is that whenever he wants to be involved, the answer is no.   Ryan has parental rights whether he bows down to Maci and what she believes he should be doing or not.  

Just because we haven't seen Maci and Taylor falling down drunk doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  I think it's pretty obvious that they are heavy drinkers and it's more than having a beer at the end of the day.    

18 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Ryan is a lot of things but I 100% believe that Maci is a manipulative brat who is punishing everyone else for the crap Ryan did to her when she was 17.  She contradicts herself so much. 

No, Jen and Larry aren't Bentley's parents.  They also aren't Jayde's grandparents but she has no problem using them as such.  Kyle, Taylor, and all the guys in between weren't Bentley's dad...but again, she had no problem pushing that role on them. 

Maci decides how things are going to be when it's convenient for Maci.  I would absolutely agree that any other mother in the world can decide when her kid does holidays and who the kid does holidays with but Jen and Larry were practically raising that child by themselves when their son ghosted and Maci was too busy partying/moving between men trying to lock one down.  They may not get a  say but they certainly deserve a holiday or two. 

I've also noticed that Maci gets real ballsy and controlling when Ryan starts to get serious about a girl and Jen and Larry start speaking highly of said girl. But that's for another post. 

I was also thinking that maybe the recent hostility has something to do with Ryan's engagement.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, Caracoa1 said:

And Maci is getting 17% of that!  Wow that girl is going to do whatever it takes to make sure this gravy train never ends!  

So we're slamming her for getting child support now?  Yeesh.   Considering what an absentee useless excuse for a "father" (and person) Ryan is, the LEAST he can do is pay child support.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, lezlers said:

So we're slamming her for getting child support now?  Yeesh.   Considering what an absentee useless excuse for a "father" (and person) Ryan is, the LEAST he can do is pay child support.

I dont think the OP was slamming Maci. But if had a child and his dad was making 100 grand and there was 17% child support coming to my kid, you best belive I would be doing all he could to keep that job. 

Need a ride to work? Want me to drop your suits at the cleaners??

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I doubt Ryan is making 100k in the first place. I'm thinking more like 50-60k.

Likely the Edwards are receiving that amount among the three of them.  Mackenzie is likely getting the bare minimum at this point which might be $5000.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:44 AM, eskimo said:

So Maci's pissed that she's been dealing with Jen and not Ryan, so she handles it by dealing with Mack, and not Ryan.  Is it possible, Maci, that Jen bypasses dealing with Ryan for the same reasons YOU bypass dealing with Ryan?  Because he's not completely functional, for whatever reason.  Everyone must deal with her highness directly, yet she may send a messenger.  I'm sure the hypocrisy was completely lost on her.  She just needs something to complain about, and to feel more important than she actually is

.

This x 10000

Maci talks to the producers as well on camera. All this talking about this matter should be done with Ryan and the Edwards so they don't get the minced version. Maci had no issue leaving her child with the Edwards when it suited her over the years. This was about Thanksgiving and Jen over-stepping her boundary for the Christmas holiday. Put the Budwisers down, go and meet with the three people you keep talking about on camera and get to the core of the issue. Very simple. 

Does anyone know who she left her kids with when she and Taylor went to Puerto Rico this past year? 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, lexiexx said:

No, she talks about more than setting up the visits with Jen.   She has gone out of her way to bash Jen and complain about Bentley seeing them.  Maci and Ryan cannot get along, it's really not such a bad idea to have someone more level headed involved.   Of course, Maci is such a petty bitch that she won't voice any of her shit talking to Jen, instead she takes it to national television so that she doesn't have to hear Jen get "emotional."

When has she gone out of her way to bash Jen and complain about Bentley seeing them?  I've seen her complain that Ryan pawns Bentley off on them, but that's more a complaint about Ryan than Jen (and a valid one, in my opinion.)  You really seem to loathe Maci, I think it might be clouding your judgment a bit. 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:06 PM, lexiexx said:

Jen and Larry have said nothing remotely close to what Maci has said.  I don't know how you're missing that maci does have an issue with them seeing Bentley.  

I don't know how you're missing that Maci isn't the antichrist and Ryan isn't an angel.   No one is innocent in this situation and no one deserves all the blame.  Everyone in that family has contributed to the situation they've found themselves in, even precious Jen and Larry.  They're the ones who've been enabling their worthless, deadbeat son for nearly 30 years.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

There is a custody agreement in place. It either needs to be modified or referenced.  Most standard agreements dictate rotating holidays.  In fact, Ryan should be getting a weeknight in addition to every otner weekend. Marci threw a fit about that.  

Again, it doesn't matter if during Ryan's time who is taking care of him unless Bentley is in danger. He clearly isn't. Ryan is a crappy father but he is still Bentley's father and his family is Bentley's family. You don't get to dictate what happens during the other parent's time. 

My ex asked me last weekend what he was supposed to do with our youngest while he took the big kids fishing.  My response was get a sitter. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

My ex paid more than 17%. There are too many variables to accurately presume what anyone pays.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My ex paid more than 17%. There are too many variables to accurately presume what anyone pays.

I agree....There will always be variables in any situation..I'm just saying that 17% is standard.  I have no idea what Ryan pays but Maci has made it public knowledge that she does receive child support and I do recall an episode where she did "assume" Ryan wasn't paying her when it was just a glitch in the system.  But the truth is whatever he does give her...It will be considerably less when the MTV money train ends since no one on this show seems to work!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I used to like Jenn and Larry, but now I think they're possessive famewhores. As is "Mack".  Wtf, did that gal drive like 90mph to get to the Edwards' for a tattle session? Maci was stupid to do it on camera, but maybe that was her non-confrontational way of calling them on their nonsense. Ryan is barely able to keep his head up straight, he doesn't care for more time with Bentley unless mommy or second mommy/nurse tells him he does. And fricken Larry decides what is best for Bentley? If I'm the mom my blood pressure is about to burst at that one  

I'd be damned if grandparents started talking shit about letting them take my child to see relatives in another state. The kid's father always looks like he fell asleep in his oatmeal. Then he throws out the ever endearing, "I could strangle her". Seriously, if I'm watching the show and I hear my kid's dad say THAT? I'd be fucking running for a restraining order. And all because Maci dared to leave a visitation in place. 

Mack is screwed in the head if this is the guy her 20 year old self (hahaha) wants to marry. I think she may see $$$ signs around Jenn and Larry, because her fiancé is more like her patient. Why did Larry want Ryan out of his life forever? Either Ryan is doing some really creepy things, or Larry is an irrational hothead. I'd be keeping my kid under careful supervision with that dysfunctional mess. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

 

Mack is screwed in the head if this is the guy her 20 year old self (hahaha) wants to marry. I think she may see $$$ signs around Jenn and Larry, because her fiancé is more like her patient. Why did Larry want Ryan out of his life forever? Either Ryan is doing some really creepy things, or Larry is an irrational hothead. I'd be keeping my kid under careful supervision with that dysfunctional mess. 

Really. What's the draw here? He's not workinh. Only recently moved out of his parents house. He's a half ass dad to his own kid so im certain he's not going to be any type of father figure for Mackenzie's kid. How is this the guy you want to tie yourself to?

Im going to copy/paste this to Amber's board because the same thing applies to Matt's old grifter ass.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Really. What's the draw here? He's not workinh. Only recently moved out of his parents house. He's a half ass dad to his own kid so im certain he's not going to be any type of father figure for Mackenzie's kid. How is this the guy you want to tie yourself to?

I watched a DVRd aftershow today and it was Ryan and a Mack talking about their engagement. He seemed much more with it than he ever does on the show and I thought they interacted pretty well. I do think he uses drugs, probably pills and/or smokes a ton of weed, but I've backed off thinking he has a brain injury. I think Mackenzie is just straight up dumb. Ryan isn't bad looking and she clearly had questionable judgment since she had a baby in high school and is already divorced at 20. Maybe she sees dollar signs or maybe they just live where a pack of education, teen parenthood, and probable drug use aren't deal breakers. He must have money, unless he's spent it all on drugs and that massive truck and ATVs or motocross or whatever he has.  I'm now inclined to believe their relationship is legit. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Really. What's the draw here? He's not workinh. Only recently moved out of his parents house. He's a half ass dad to his own kid so im certain he's not going to be any type of father figure for Mackenzie's kid. How is this the guy you want to tie yourself to?

Im going to copy/paste this to Amber's board because the same thing applies to Matt's old grifter ass.

Truth? I think Rhiiiine has found a new Mommy and Mackenzie will settle for that. For now.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler · Reason: Spelled Rhiiiine's name wrong
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, isn't it amazing that Catelynn all the sudden decides to perk up and get excited when they leave the kid over at her moms house and go to some fancy hotel for a vacation? Ugh. It makes me sick thinking these two have no actual job, they just do all this stuff on MTV's dime. So lame. And they have so much money, how about they use some of that money and take Catelynn to a dentist? sorry, but with this being in HD, you can clearly see she needs some work done on her teef. I know I'm probably saying things that have already been said. I apologize. I'm catching up finally on this shit show of a season lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ryan is off the deep end and much worse than Maci IMO. Jen and Larry are massive enablers and now he's got Mackenzie to be his enabler too. However, having said that-- so no one thinks I'm saying that it's somehow Maci's fault Ryan is an addict and a deadbeat-- Maci does have some odd ways about her when dealing with Ryan. It's my probably unpopular opinion that she's still in love with him and feels a degree of possession over him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×