SilverStormm

Live PD

"Trust me, I don't want to touch you."  Said by the officer in Slidell had me cracking up. 

Edited by Hero
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Wonder what dear old Mike had been up to when all the hotels kept turning him down. I wouldn't want him around either.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BookWitch said:

Wonder what dear old Mike had been up to when all the hotels kept turning him down. I wouldn't want him around either.

That's what I wondered too. Its odd that they kept turning him down. I especially wondered about the one where he applied for a job. 

17 hours ago, BookWitch said:

16 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's what I wondered too. Its odd that they kept turning him down. I especially wondered about the one where he applied for a job. 

His Mom made it sound like he had serious alcohol issues at the very least. I imagine drunken and/or high behavior had a big part in the rejections in regards to lodging and a job. I wondered if he may be mentally ill too.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1

Honestly, the guy looked like he may be mentally ill. Plus the fact that he most likely has a drinking problem. I kept getting a weird Jack Black vibe through the whole scenario though,lol.

I'm hearing that Pasco is pulling the plug on their involvement with Live PD.  I hope it's just rumor - they have interesting stuff and really adorable and successful dogs! 

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

I've always enjoyed their involvement and K9 's, very well trained.  Could be that the show only wants to cover a PD for a couple of months and bring in another new one?  Haven't seen Downtown Danny Brown for awhile on LivePD.  One thing I hope doesn't start happening is people calling in 911 just to be seen on the show.  Once again we see some asshat who wants to play Youtube lawyer with the police lol.  Was that in Franklin Co.?

The show is on break till the end of the month, and they did confirm that Pasco and another PD are "taking a break" from the show for a bit, and they look forward to going back to those departments sometime in the future. I don't think they mentioned if a new department or two were coming in. 

Maybe the departments just wanted a break out of the spotlight for a bit, or maybe the production company wanted to cut down or bring on another department or two. They did go up to 8 departments this year with the one in Louisiana (can't remember which off hand). 

As for tonights episodes, I disagree with them on the actions of the vigilante who tried to stop the car chase in LA on Monday. He was interfering in an active police operation, putting himself and possibly others in danger. He had no idea if the guy was armed and looking to shoot, or if there were kids involved, or maybe the police were trying to herd him somewhere. The best thing civilians can do if a chase is going on, is to get the hell out of the way and let the experts handle it. LAPD were perfectly right to give that guy a citation, and he's lucky he didn't get worse. 

• Like 1

I read on another website that women were harassing Carmack, his wife and his family. People were calling his home and going to his parents house. 

They were also verbally abusing his wife on Twitter. All because these people think that Carmack is attractive. 

I wonder if these reasons are some why they don't want to renew their contract. 

19 minutes ago, Hero said:

I read on another website that women were harassing Carmack, his wife and his family. People were calling his home and going to his parents house. 

They were also verbally abusing his wife on Twitter. All because these people think that Carmack is attractive. 

I wonder if these reasons are some why they don't want to renew their contract. 

Wow, that stinks. 

The show sometimes shines a light on some of the lesser aspects of the locations they film, so I'm rarely surprised when a town takes a break from filming. For example, I never want to go to Salinas, Pasco County, or Nye County based on what I've seen on the show.  On the other hand, the hubby would love to go to El Paso and meet Officer Zendejas, so you never know. 

Back in 2000, I worked in Monterrey, California for almost a year. While Monterrey had most of what you needed, Salinas is the "Big City" for everything else near by. And even back then, Salinas always felt like a sketchier location to visit. Not so much you would stay away (many coworkers lived in Salinas) but you would tend to be a bit more aware of where you are and where you are going. 

They are bringing back a county from Missouri (cannot remember the county at the moment, but they were great!) and the new department is the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

They are bringing back a county from Missouri (cannot remember the county at the moment, but they were great!) and the new department is the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Greene County. Always interesting people there. 

I wish they would get another Florida area to follow while Pasco is out. I live in Florida so it's always entertaining to see what Florida is going to put out. 

• Like 1

Pinal County, AZ is also on a break, but they were just featured on 60 Days In. I wonder if they will come back. Sheriff Lamb seems like the kind of guy that enjoys doing these things.

My wife met him IRL recently. Says he is super cool and funny.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 10:40 AM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Greene County. Always interesting people there. 

I wish they would get another Florida area to follow while Pasco is out. I live in Florida so it's always entertaining to see what Florida is going to put out. 

Some of those other departments were so funny and some definitely had a 'cast of characters".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

She posted a pic of herself on her Instagram. She's got facial injuries. I can't believe she got in a car with a drunk. 

Can't find the picture.  Truthfully, can't find her on Instagram 😄   Still can't believe that they did that.  Him driving drunk and her for getting in the vehicle with him.  He was also featured on Live PD.

3 hours ago, iluvobx said:

Can't find the picture.  Truthfully, can't find her on Instagram 😄   Still can't believe that they did that.  Him driving drunk and her for getting in the vehicle with him.  He was also featured on Live PD.

Screenshot_20190312-163728-1.png

• Like 1

My mom lives right on the line of Pasco County and I guess businesses were up in arms because they thought it was bad press.  And the Sheriff is up for reelection soon.  People are nuts, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were stalking some of the officers.    It was a double edge sword for me because I love Pasco but HATE Nye.  I'm thrilled that they're done for now.  

I'm not a big fan of Nye either, seems like to police have to deal with a lot of low class alcoholics or druggies having issues.   One of the things that I don't want to see on the shows is someone making a  call to the police just to get shown on the show.