SilverStormm

Altered Carbon In The Media

On 2/4/2018 at 2:10 PM, Cheezwiz said:

That's a perceptive review.  I also appreciated AV Club's take in a longer review.  https://www.avclub.com/altered-carbon-gives-netflix-a-sprawling-sci-fi-blockb-1822570558

AV Club is a little more favorable, but not a rave saying "Altered Carbon is often quite a bit of fun, but its flaws are large and glaring."  They really like Kinnaman.  They also say AC is a "a textbook example of how the binge model helps to mask a show’s shortcomings during the viewing."  I think that's probably right.  If this show were on TV once a week, I think many viewers would tune out.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Roaster said:

That's a perceptive review.  I also appreciated AV Club's take in a longer review.  https://www.avclub.com/altered-carbon-gives-netflix-a-sprawling-sci-fi-blockb-1822570558

AV Club is a little more favorable, but not a rave saying "Altered Carbon is often quite a bit of fun, but its flaws are large and glaring."  They really like Kinnaman.  They also say AC is a "a textbook example of how the binge model helps to mask a show’s shortcomings during the viewing."  I think that's probably right.  If this show were on TV once a week, I think many viewers would tune out.

I think that's a very good point.  I really liked Altered Carbon but can't deny binge watching covers up a lot of flaws.  In some ways, AC reminds me of the one-season sci-fi shows that Fox often has (with more sex and violence).  That's not a bad thing mind you but those shows tend to start off with high ratings that become very low as the show completes its season.

Edited by benteen

Hi everyone

Just finished watching all the episodes with my girlfriend, one of the best shows i have seen in a long time

I taught to share her work with the rest of the fans out there

I hope you will love it as much as i do, please reply and share your fan art  as well

Wow, I never expected this would come back and am very excited for it. Although I do have to admit I started reading the second book, but did not finish. I just couldn't get into it as much as the first book, plus the printing was too small and I was having a hard time reading.

Anthony Mackie is so dam sexy! I’m excited. I can’t wait to see him take over the role of Kovacs. I wonder if REG will be back as Falconer? I hope we’ll see her in the role again. 

• Like 2

Anthony Mackie being cast for the adaptation of the second book makes me feel like I should watch the rest of season one. But man, it was so fucking boring. The book wasn't boring. I don't know how Netflix managed to do it.

The cast didn't help. Other than James Purefoy and the actor playing Poe, there wasn't an ounce of life amongst them.

I loved Joel Kinnaman in The Killing but I did not love him in this.   He just fell flat for me. No depth to his portrayal.   Hoping for better things with AM.  

I thought the actress who played Ortega was very good.  I see some criticize of her around here but for me she was better than JK