Galileo908

S28.E19: Caper Chase

Intro: Title is upside-down!

Couch Gag: X-Men! With Stan Lee!

So Burns decides to start his own college after seeing how wussy Yale became. I can never get enough of the Yale bashing on this show, especially since many of the show's writers came from Harvard. This is far from the first time Homer's taught a class on something he barely has any knowleddge of. It's so bad this time that Lisa drunk herself into a stupor. And everyone was, of course, smarter than Homer.

I also liked Lisa's solution to getting Homer to teach: show him hollywood movies about inspirational teachers. The, er, climax was weird and rushed. So the other guy wanted to build robot college students? And making them offended is what foils them? Allright, then. Also, Neil GeGrasse Tyson and Ken Jennings didn't get enough to do. I liked the bit with all the nerd teachers at the end, but you have Robert McKee, Suze Orman, Ken Jennings, Neil deGrasse Tyson in the same room and they only got like, three lines each. What a waste.

Also funny: Homer's voice on file was his original from 1989.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Intro: Title is upside-down!

Couch Gag: X-Men! With Stan Lee!

So Burns decides to start his own college after seeing how wussy Yale became. I can never get enough of the Yale bashing on this show, especially since many of the show's writers came from Harvard. This is far from the first time Homer's taught a class on something he barely has any knowleddge of. It's so bad this time that Lisa drunk herself into a stupor. And everyone was, of course, smarter than Homer.

I also liked Lisa's solution to getting Homer to teach: show him hollywood movies about inspirational teachers. The, er, climax was weird and rushed. So the other guy wanted to build robot college students? And making them offended is what foils them? Allright, then. Also, Neil GeGrasse Tyson and Ken Jennings didn't get enough to do. I liked the bit with all the nerd teachers at the end, but you have Robert McKee, Suze Orman, Ken Jennings, Neil deGrasse Tyson in the same room and they only got like, three lines each. What a waste.

Also funny: Homer's voice on file was his original from 1989.

Even with the rushed ending, that was a pretty good episode.  The writing was tight and quick, with a lot of good lines.
Monty-centric episodes are usually pretty solid.

Robert McKee's contribution in the 3rd act was pretty funny .

It was a very brief cameo by NdT, but still awesome.

Homer after watching those inspirational teacher movies was amusing.  Too bad Lisa didn't include 'Summer School' in the movie set -- that would have been more Homer's speed.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 1

Hee, tv recapper. 

Ken did a good job but I wish he had been on more. I did like seeing the Jeopardy board in the background. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

Ken did a good job but I wish he had been on more. I did like seeing the Jeopardy board in the background. 

I'll have to review and see what the categories were.

ETA:
Jeopardy categories:

• Something About Mary
  • Ends in "ING"
  • Foods for Thought
  • Check Please
  • Naughty by Nature
  • (couldn't make out the 6th category)
Edited by ottoDbusdriver

"Burns University (no refunds) will grab you by the pants and fling you into the job of your dreams" made me both LOL and literally cringe at the same time. And omg LOVED Homer's "as American's it's our duty to either stop evil billionaires or elect them to the highest office" was just perfect, perfect!

I will never tire of sexual predator Lindsay Nagel popping up anywhere and everywhere there's money to be made. Drunk Lisa made me sad but did love her giving Homer all of the inspirational teacher movies, and his notes on each were typical Homer. And more Neil de Grasse Tyson and Robert McKee please! 

Smithers' continued Mr. Burns fantasies continue to get more and more disturbing. 

• Like 1

Stan Lee: "There's nothing to short that I can't cameo."

Homer -- Professor X
Maggie -- Wolverine
Bart -- Angel
Lisa -- Storm
Marge -- Mystique.   Grrrrrr.

Sign at the intramural softball game -- "Softball Today ! - Twisted Ankles Tomorrow"

Lenny: "Those Indian Point Nuclear jerks they think they are so great because their fallout radius includes Manhattan."
Indian Point Nuclear guy: "How many Mets games can you postpone ? Fuggedaboutit."

Male Yale administrator: "It's always wonderful when a successful"
Female Yale Administrator: "and childless"
Male Yale administrator: "alumnus returns."
Monty: "It's delightful how you take turns sniffing after my money."
Male Yale administrator: "Now here's a group that was established in 1909."
Monty: "Ffft, I hate modern music."

Monty: "Ahahahah, the Whiffenpoofs.  I'll buy you a new library if you have them killed."
Male Yale administrator: "So many have tried to kill them."
Female Yale Administrator: "But other smug jackasses in white gloves would just take their place."
The Whiffenpoofs: "We can't be stopped."

Male Yale administrator: "How about funding a chair in the non-narrative cinema of self-identified pansexuals."
Monty: "What ? What ? What ? What ? What ?"
Female Yale Administrator: "We also need to hire more deans to decide what Hallowe'en costumes are appropriate."
Male Yale administrator: "8 deans should do it."
Monty: "Is this still a coven of capitalism where evil money can acquire a patina of virtue ?"
Male Yale administrator: "Yes. That's in our charter."
Female Yale Administrator: "But with an issue as hetero-patriarchal as nuclear power we'll have to hire multicultural empathizers, buid a new safe space, "
Teddy the Squash guy: "Not so fast.  We insist on a chair of anti-nuclear studies and a nuclear-neutral curriculum pathway"
Male Yale administrator: "Absolutely Teddy. We run all decisions past the squash team."
Teddy: "Also the fencing team, the water polo team and Fancy Dan the mascot."
Monty: "Release me you hound.    What's happened to this place ?"

Monty: "This was the home of ruthless media disruptor Samuel F. B. Morse. Who's his successor .... this fellow ?"
Teddy: "Fellow ?  That word is cis-gender and normative, ok. You're worse than Hitler."
Monty: "Too late for flattery.  I'm not giving this school a dime."

I love it that the devil is a Yale alumnus.  

Homer: "What you doing Mr. B. ?"
Monty: "I never want to see the word 'Yale' again. We're changing all our locks to Schlage."

That is some subtle locksmith humor there.

And one of the jobs from that Burns University TV commercial was ... TV recapper.    Hah !

Bart: "What are you teaching dad ?"
Homer: "I'm giving lectures on what I do at work."
Bart: "Well, what do you do at work ?"
Homer: "Well I ..... you know, the button stuff."

Bart: "But what are you actually going to say to them ?"
Homer: "I'll start with the life cycle of the atom. Baby atom is called a neutron. When it turns professional it becomes a proton, and if it runs for office it's an electron."

Wiggum: "Any of you homies want to sell Schedule 1 narcotics to a fellow teenager ?"
Jeremy: "You're a teenager ? What year were you born ?"
Wiggum: "Hey you're not the cop around here, I am."
Lou -- groans and shakes his head
Wiggum: "Oh yeah, my cover."

Moe: "Hey, what's the matter Professor ?"
Lenny: "He doesn't know what to teach his class."
Carl: "Homer's just not cut out to be a pedagogue."
Moe: "Easy. You just got a register, stay away from playgrounds. Oh, you said pedagogue."

Patch Adams Minus Mork = This Guy

Homer: "Carpe Diem"
Andre: "Carpe Diem. Just, what does that mean by the way ?"
Homer: "Fish for a dime, my friend. Fish for a dime."

Monthy: "How much are we charging for hugs Smithers ?"
Smithers: "Five dollars.  But, uh, I'll give you one for free."
Monty: "Quiet."

Student: "Great lecture Professor S. I finally understand how gamma rays turn Bruce Banner into the Hulk."
Homer: "Always remember the equation -- gamma equals green."
Bart: "Man, I wish you were my father dad."

Suzie Ormond: "Marge, listen to me. You can't fix stupid. You have to kill him for the insurance."
Robert McKee: "I've always said these tags are pointless. Good night."

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 2

With the TV recapper in the commercial I loved what she was writing on the computer about The Crown(love that show)...

"Spoiler Alert: Elizabeth becomes Queen (My Theory-All a dream.)"

I was also surprised to see Jason Alexander in the credits as the guy who ran the schools (forgot his name). Definitely didn't catch that when watching. I like it though; the celebrity guests work best when it's not called out, IMO.

Edited by MadyGirl1987

I was also surprised to see Jason Alexander in the credits as the guy who ran the schools. Definitely didn't catch that when watching.

I knew I knew the voice but couldn't place it.  Which is really bad of me since I just watched the documentary about Merrily We Roll Along which had a lot of Jason in it.