SilverStormm

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure

Okay, that was a cute, fun episode; even though I still think it's really weird that the show keeps introducing all these fantastical creatures, etc. And a black rocks mention; baby steps! (Does Adira have her own boat?? she's following them, right?)

I liked the island outfits too! It was nice that Pascal had a little adventure/plot.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:53 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I guess they're stuck on the island for the next episode or two.

I doubt it. Although, I feel that the completely smashed caravan will be right back to normal next episode, and I think that's harder to handwave away.

• Like 1

I was right: they're still on the island.

Hook Foot gets his own episode, complete with a romance and a song! Was not expecting the sad ending, but it was beautifully done.

"She's a mermaid?!" "Yeah, so, you're a woman with 70 feet of hair!"

LOL at Eugene and Rapunzel's competing romance advice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I was right: they're still on the island.

Hook Foot gets his own episode, complete with a romance and a song! Was not expecting the sad ending, but it was beautifully done.

"She's a mermaid?!" "Yeah, so, you're a woman with 70 feet of hair!"

LOL at Eugene and Rapunzel's competing romance advice.

Yeah, everything you said, but I really thought they'd be off the island already! I'm concerned about Hookfoot getting his hook back, though. Maybe that will be a future episode?

I'm really wondering about why they decided to do this massive change in the direction/setup of the show with Season 2. Were they always wanting to do this, but they wanted to ease into it with staying in Corona first? These animated shows are made so far in advance, I don't think it's related to audience reaction -- although, I'm sure they did focus groups/testing. It just seems like they decided to change the 'rules' of show all of a sudden.

• Like 1

What a very LOTR episode. And I mean that as a compliment.

It was good to see King Fred again, even though it was just a flashback/vision. His lost letter to Rapunzel was very sweet.

Boy, Raps and the gang went full-blown addicts in this one. Good thing Pascal was around to keep a cool head.

LOL that Eugene's "Blaze" was enough to make the crabs swoon.

So there won't be any new episodes in September so this is the last one for the time being. Very good run so far, or maybe I only feel that way because it's been mostly Varian-free--except for the vision in this episode, and even that filled me with distaste.

7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Very good run so far, or maybe I only feel that way because it's been mostly Varian-free--except for the vision in this episode, and even that filled me with distaste.

I loved the cameo, because it showed the consequences his face turn and actions in the S1 finale - almost killing one of her parents - have on Rapunzel. In S1, Rapunzel's worst nightmare was Gothel returning and trapping her in a tower again - now, her worst nightmare is Varian returning to destroy her family out of a misplaced desire for vengeance.

Also, I appreciate that the show, even in an illusion, still doesn't pull any punches on how twisted and psychotic he's become, with Jeremy Jordan selling it perfectly.

Edited by Inquirer
  • Like 1

Really? Another episode on the island? I'm not really feelin' this season. I don't like it when they veer toward the supernatural, but I did like seeing the Corona characters again, because I miss them too. When are they going back??

Somehow Hookfoot got his hook back?

The lantern letters part of the episode was nice, though.

Still can't find info on when the show will return. But here's a preview of a three-issue comic book based on the show: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/10/preview-of-tangled-hair-raising-adventures-1/

Tangled_Hair-Rising_Adventures_01-pr-1.j

----

Also the show got a few Annie Awards nominations: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/incredibles-2-ralph-annie-awards-nominations-1203077216/

The 46th annual Annie Awards will be held on Saturday, Feb. 2, at Royce Hall on the campus of UCLA, beginning at 7 p.m.

Character Animation in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production

Age of Sail, ...
Back to the Moon, ...
Hilda, ...

Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure, Walt Disney Television Animation; Character Animator: Juliane Martin, Character: Eugene, Rapunzel, Cassandra
Tumble Leaf, ...

Character Design in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production

Age of Sail, ...
Niko and the Sword of Light, ...
Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure, 
Walt Disney Television Animation; Character Designer: Amanda Jolly Character: Rapunzel Bird, Cassandra Bird, Father Parrot, Special Birds
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, ...
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, ...

Music in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production

Back to the Moon, ...
Disney Mickey Mouse, ...
Elena of Avalor, ...

Tangled: The Series, Walt Disney Television Animation; Composer: Alan Menken, Lyricist: Glenn Slater, Composer: Kevin Kliesch
The Tom and Jerry Show, ...