Jump to content
thewhiteowl

S01.E12: The End Of The Beginning

Recommended Posts

Quote

Circles must tighten as a new discovery within the conspiracy emerges. Tension rises between Aaron and Emily as suspicions loom in the White House. A new lead places Agent Wells closer than before to the truth.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, show. I do not know what to make of you.

That scene where they showed what happened to Atwood's son was brutal.

As much as I enjoyed the characters, I'm glad Peter and Lady MacLeish are dead. We do not need to drag this storyline out any longer. Kimble for VEEP! 

Emily and Seth have nice chemistry.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Am I watching the same show? I just saw a very unrealistic portrayal of The President having open chest surgery and out of recovery waking up smiling at his wife. Not so much as a wince when he sat up for the first time. It bugs me when they make it look like a piece of cake. Also they attach the IV when he gets in the OR? Nope. 

The sweetest part was when his wife slipped his wedding ring back on  

Even though unrealistic I did like him waving to the ppl from the window. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, so what happened to (?) Luke..? Will not miss the McLeishes, but will we find out who was running them?

also, what was the piano piece playing at the very end?

Edited by janeta
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hope this whole conspiracy gets a good explanation of why people are so commited to it.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Am I watching the same show? I just saw a very unrealistic portrayal of The President having open chest surgery and out of recovery waking up smiling at his wife. Not so much as a wince when he sat up for the first time. It bugs me when they make it look like a piece of cake. Also they attach the IV when he gets in the OR? Nope. 

The sweetest part was when his wife slipped his wedding ring back on  

Even though unrealistic I did like him waving to the ppl from the window. 

Uh you realize that Reagan actually did that right? So how was it unrealistic? Also, I just went in for surgery a few days ago and they attached my IV when I went I was in the OR.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Atwood.   He threw his life away and the bastards had probably killed his son before they ever even spoke to him.   Or they never had him and just used the moment.   

The McLeishes make no sense.   He was clearly too weak to be trusted to see things through.

Finally some acknowledgment that the President can't just go spilling everything to everyone he wants to.   Although I have always felt the wife should be cleared because the president needs someone he trusts more than anyone else, who won't use the information against him.   In most cases that is the wife.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The show became more interesting when the conspiracy involving MacLeish thickened. So, who is really pulling the strings? Another survivor of the bombing, hiding?

Kirkman acted with class toward the hospital staff. Granted he doesn't appear to have any real agenda. Unless he is hiding that he is the biggest bad of them all.

But someone has Agent Wells' file. Kimble would make a good VP.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

All this murder and terrorism and kidnapping and extortion and MacLeish is arrested for perjury!

MacLeish's detail was asleep at the switch. I assume they knew he was going to be arrested. For some reason they didn't try to interfere when his wife came screaming up in her car, gun drawn.

At least they didn't have Reed Diamond's character turn out to be a bad guy. When he came in and told Atwood "it's about your son..." I thought he was going to start mwa-ha-ha-ing.

Every cop in "the state" is looking for Atwood's son but no one spotted him right beside the road? If your hiding spot is visible from the road, it isn't a hiding spot!

So there's some mystery figure who was on the mission who makes the bad guys shit their pants when they get asked about him... I assume we'll be seeing this character soon.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Poor Atwood.   He threw his life away and the bastards had probably killed his son before they ever even spoke to him.   Or they never had him and just used the moment.   

The McLeishes make no sense.   He was clearly too weak to be trusted to see things through.

Finally some acknowledgment that the President can't just go spilling everything to everyone he wants to.   Although I have always felt the wife should be cleared because the president needs someone he trusts more than anyone else, who won't use the information against him.   In most cases that is the wife.

Yeah I dont understand why they chose that time to kill Atwoods son.  I guess because they knew Hanna was getting to the truth.

33 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

All this murder and terrorism and kidnapping and extortion and MacLeish is arrested for perjury!

MacLeish's detail was asleep at the switch. I assume they knew he was going to be arrested. For some reason they didn't try to interfere when his wife came screaming up in her car, gun drawn.

At least they didn't have Reed Diamond's character turn out to be a bad guy. When he came in and told Atwood "it's about your son..." I thought he was going to start mwa-ha-ha-ing.

Every cop in "the state" is looking for Atwood's son but no one spotted him right beside the road? If your hiding spot is visible from the road, it isn't a hiding spot!

So there's some mystery figure who was on the mission who makes the bad guys shit their pants when they get asked about him... I assume we'll be seeing this character soon.

First, sometimes you have to get them on whatever you can.  Even Al Capone was taken down on tax evasion. I don't think Peters detail knew he was going to be arrested but yeah when he started running and being chased by someone with a gun they should have probably figured something out.  Also, Peters wife isnt allowed to just go around driving a car through the streets of washington.  

 

I has assumed that Atwoods son washed up in the river and thats why he wasn't found until then. Or else they didn't dump his body until recently. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I never saw that coming.

What sort of organization could make Lady Macbeth kill not only her own husband, but her own self as well?  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

So whose bright idea was it to have Hannah come out of hiding to question MacLeish's soldier buddy? Her boss was waiting right outside in the car, he couldn't have gone instead? I mean "white male" FBI agent would've been a whole lot harder to identify than "Asian woman" as described by that guy.

On a positive note, I do like how anybody outside of Hannah and maybe the First Lady and Mike, could possibly be involved in the conspiracy.

And Seth had that weird exchange with Emily when he slipped(?) and told her that his parents were immigrants, when she thought his father was an engineer. Maybe I'm reading too much into that.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Help!  I am having a temporary eye issues and the scene was dark so I wasn't sure exactly what happened at Arlington.  Wife shot the VP.  Who shot.the wife?

Do we trust Mike?  I don't think.he's bad but with this show, who knows.

Share this post


Link to post

The Shot Heard 'Round The (TV) World...Take...um, that number is a bit too high.

Still, wow, what a moment. I think it's safe to say that this show is back- and in a big way.

Of course, I have to indulge in one small procedural matter- ahem, Jason Atwood, I told you, kicking and screaming way back in the first half of the season that you had no reason to trust that the Conspiracy wouldn't still hurt your son despite you doing everything they tell you to. I hate to say "I told you so" but...

That said, I'm just glad that the story is finally getting some movement and that there aren't 500 different things clouding the plotlines. Things seem a lot more focused now and I like it.

I appreciate that the President is now taking his job a lot more seriously- he had no reason to allow his wife to know intimate government details. Seems like it's going to create some tension between he and Alex- loved Natascha McElhone's acting in this- as well as the rest of his staff, who are more used to "President Open".

Also- yay to Hannah for finally getting a victory! She worked very hard for that, even if many of her moves were eye-rollers.

Episode Grade: B. Solid. I'd say we're finally back to winning ways.

6 minutes ago, kjackson106 said:

Help!  I am having a temporary eye issues and the scene was dark so I wasn't sure exactly what happened at Arlington.  Wife shot the VP.  Who shot.the wife?

She shot herself, I think.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

The Shot Heard 'Round The (TV) World...Take...um, that number is a bit too high.

Still, wow, what a moment. I think it's safe to say that this show is back- and in a big way.

Of course, I have to indulge in one small procedural matter- ahem, Jason Atwood, I told you, kicking and screaming way back in the first half of the season that you had no reason to trust that the Conspiracy wouldn't still hurt your son despite you doing everything they tell you to. I hate to say "I told you so" but...

That said, I'm just glad that the story is finally getting some movement and that there aren't 500 different things clouding the plotlines. Things seem a lot more focused now and I like it.

I appreciate that the President is now taking his job a lot more seriously- he had no reason to allow his wife to know intimate government details. Seems like it's going to create some tension between he and Alex- loved Natascha McElhone's acting in this- as well as the rest of his staff, who are more used to "President Open".

Also- yay to Hannah for finally getting a victory! She worked very hard for that, even if many of her moves were eye-rollers.

Episode Grade: B. Solid. I'd say we're finally back to winning ways.

She shot herself, I think.

Wow.  That is some strong regime they were working for. Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Ashand11 said:

Yeah I dont understand why they chose that time to kill Atwoods son.  I guess because they knew Hanna was getting to the truth. . . .

. . . I has assumed that Atwoods son washed up in the river and thats why he wasn't found until then. Or else they didn't dump his body until recently. 

I assumed they dredged the river and that the son had been dead for awhile. I'm glad Malik Yoba got to show his acting chops for at least a few moments. 

Anyway, I thought it was the best episode so far.

 

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

. . . I just saw a very unrealistic portrayal of The President having open chest surgery and out of recovery waking up smiling at his wife. Not so much as a wince when he sat up for the first time. It bugs me when they make it look like a piece of cake. . . . 

Having long been frustrated by the lack of physical consequences shown for TV injuries, and having had 6 hours of surgery last summer including removal of 6" of colon and 75% of my liver, I was actually impressed to see Keifer use the handrail on the hospital bed to pull himself up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

also, what was the piano piece playing at the very end?

That was the Adagio from Bach's Keyboard (because it can be played on piano or harpsichord) Concerto in d minor. Bach wrote so much numbers are assigned to his works so people don't confuse them. This one is BWV 974.

I found this episode more gripping than any since the premiere.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

The Vice President has two secret service agents with him, and they allow a woman with a gun (Hannah) to come out of the shadows and point a gun at him?  And then shoot?  And then the same with the wife?  Where were they?  On a smoke break?  Gimme a break; that was ridiculous.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, surfer said:

So whose bright idea was it to have Hannah come out of hiding to question MacLeish's soldier buddy? Her boss was waiting right outside in the car, he couldn't have gone instead? I mean "white male" FBI agent would've been a whole lot harder to identify than "Asian woman" as described by that guy.

On a positive note, I do like how anybody outside of Hannah and maybe the First Lady and Mike, could possibly be involved in the conspiracy.

And Seth had that weird exchange with Emily when he slipped(?) and told her that his parents were immigrants, when she thought his father was an engineer. Maybe I'm reading too much into that.

The President and Aaron have both referred to him as the child of immigrants so I guess its just Emily who didn't know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, that was a bit of a game changer, there.  Hannah finally catches MacLeish red-handed, only for Lady MacLeish (hee!) to off both him and herself?  I always knew she was committed to the cause more than him, but that's pretty extreme.  How powerful is this group and what is their cause that is worthy for that kind of loyalty?  I wonder how Kirkman and the government is going to handle their Vice President getting killed, assuming they hide the fact he might have been a terrorist from the public?

Surprised that they also killed Atwood's son after-all.  Was that always the plan or did they find out he might have been talking?  It seemed like he is out of prison now, I guess he recanted, but I imagine he would rather be in jail again, then having to live with out his son.  Ouch!

Glad that Reed Diamond's character seems to be on the up and up (for now), and is going to help Hannah going forward.

Still think Aaron is obviously not going to be the traitor.  Still have no clue who it might be, although Alex was kind of making me suspicious tonight.  Also, I felt like there was a reason for Seth's line about his parents being immigrants, so that could come back into play.  Just don't have it be Mike!  I refuse to believe he would be bad!

The Emily/Seth scene was nice.

Continue to enjoy how much of a wild card Hookstraten is.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Alex mentioned to the President that confronting Aaron with the evidence might put him more at risk.  How could he really be more at risk? 

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, was not expecting that type of ending so fast and such an escalation with the wife too.

And Attwood broke my heart. He confessed to save his son and they still killed him. I do question the timing, may be it's a coincidence they find the body after Wells goes to see him?

The First Lady does not have security clearance for all this going on. So her feelings being hurt is eye rolling, it's his job. If she pushes to know more, I'll find that shady of her.

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

On a slightly different tack, I loved Seth's story about his early days working in the White House.  I wonder if Kal Penn had any input into that dialogue.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Well, I never saw that coming.

What sort of organization could make Lady Macbeth kill not only her own husband, but her own self as well?  

++, I was thinking "damn! Mrs. McLeish makes Lady Macbeth look like a benevolent soul. At least she offed herself as well as the Veep.  I thought that they were with a ultra right wing group but given McLeish's speaking of his need to avenge the betrayal of the troops, I'm not sure anymore.  Maybe a military coup is at work here?  It would have to cut across all of the services and include high ranking current and former officers a la Seven Days in May.  Let's see what they do with this next week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

When Forstell gives the order to "Move in!", only Hannah is out there by herself to arrest the VP, while her back-up is nowhere in sight until after she and MacLeish exchange speeches, have a foot race, she fires a warning shot, another speech, Hannah is tackled, MacLeish is shot, and finally Mrs. MacLeish shoots herself. With back-up like that.... Shades of L&O: "We'll be right there to protect you [from across the street and up three flights of stairs]."

I imagine that poor Luke was dispatched the minute Atwood confessed and was put in solitary. There was no chance that they were just going to let him go to identify them.

Kirkman waving from his hospital window reminded me of Robert Culp in "Pelican Brief," and Dwight Eisenhower after his surgery. And the bodies falling all the way up the conspiracy's chain of command makes me think of the "Domino Principle."

Did Kirkman really put off meeting with Kimble, or was that Aaron's doing? What did Kirkman really tell him? On the one hand, Aaron's gate-keeping in refusing to even tell Kirkman she wanted to see him was over the top, but then Aaron did eventually give in.

It's a good thing Hannah was out in the field when that smarmy "attorney hired by her family" came calling. "Oh, and I brought you some pudding."

The problem with child actors is that they age faster in real time than their characters do in plot time. The daughter is obviously older by a year and a half.

I can't wait to see what the conspirators' Plan C is.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, cali1981 said:

What sort of organization could make Lady Macbeth kill not only her own husband, but her own self as well?  

A sort of organization that would kidnap and kill Luke Atwood and anyone who got in the way. Now I wonder whatever became of the MacLeish daughters.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

IN (wait for it) TENSE!

So much for this Kiefer vehicle being less suspenseful than 24.

So-- the man they were going to make president isn't the main focus of the conspiracy. And his handler doesn't think twice about sacrificing herself to avoid giving away any clues. That means it's not primarily about power and helping some group of super rich people get super richer, this is some kind of religious or ideology based group, a bunch of true believers.

But what do they truly believe? Nazis and fundamentalists have been done to death, so i'm guessing it's hmm: neoconfederates.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, janeta said:

Ok, so what happened to (?) Luke..? Will not miss the McLeishes, but will we find out who was running them?

also, what was the piano piece playing at the very end?

The first piece was definitely Bach. I believe the 2nd too. Maybe one of the Partitas? 

Share this post


Link to post

I thought that it was Hannah that shot Lady Mac, because that would be the actual thing to do for a real FBI agent.  Just think.  You're holding a suspect at gunpoint when an unknown person directly behind you pops off a shot, killing him.  You're probably next in line, so, do you whirl around, yell in surprise, or do you pump off 2-3 rounds into the person holding the gun on you?  Personally, I would choose the latter, consequences be damned.  You gotta be alive to get fired.

The secret phone in the VP office is still there.  Hopefully someone seals off the entire office for investigation. 

4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

In most cases that is the wife.

Or maybe a publisher of a right wing conspiracy touting website, who just happens to have received security clearance.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, kjackson106 said:

Help!  I am having a temporary eye issues and the scene was dark so I wasn't sure exactly what happened at Arlington.  Wife shot the VP.  Who shot.the wife?

Do we trust Mike?  I don't think.he's bad but with this show, who knows.

The wife shot her self after shooting her husband. 

I trust Agent Mike!  ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

true believers kill their loved ones and themselves rather than betray the cause, I am assuming this is a military coup since it seems to have started with a military group. . But it seems unnecessarily complex.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Better than last week. The writing seems to be going in a better direction but once more, there's no real progress at the end of the episode and once more, a lead finishes its course as a dead-end.  The first part of the season made me cautious.

First contact between Kirkman and Hannah is encouraging. I'd like a scene a week, or phone calls.  She's his Jack Bauer.  I imagined Kirkman pulling one, when he explained he wanted to strangle McLeish.  I wish he had just done it because it would have shocked the hell out of me and I need Kirkman to surprise me. Seriously, he's the main character, he needs to act and not just be told stuff and be caught in moral dilemmas. The show gets more steam whenever he does something or makes a firm decision.

Examining papers to investigate is probably very realistic but not quite fascinating to watch. I do like Reed Diamond's character, though. Poor Jason.

More scenes with the White House personnel, yes! I like the friendship between Emily and Seth. I don't believe that Aaron is guilty and I'm feeling sorry for him. He found a guy he believes in, finally, and said guy investigates on him. He was reasonable with Emily and Kirkman's reasons here so hopefully he will be when he knows the truth, and it soothes him that Kirkman's orders were to clear him. But it's going to sting anyway. I like Aaron/Emily and how the drama is kept low-key, no big quarrels or petty/unprofessional behavior; I feel for both of them here, too. Mike has more to do now and it's a good thing.

I liked MacLeish showing his true colors as a rat bastard in his final moments. But I feel that the wife had more in her as a character. He's been the "villain" since the beginning or almost,  and it's going to be another case of "tell, not show" when their reasons are unearthed. Hopefully, at one point. Again, I need the investigation to lead to some answers and sooner than later.

Ugh, the First Family. So unnecessary. I was grinning when Kirkman left with his BFF Mike in the end. I'm trying to tell myself that First Lady is an ungrateful job but I  can't with Alex's self-entitlement. I kind of hope she's a conspirator, at least it would make her a bit interesting.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I just saw a very unrealistic portrayal of The President having open chest surgery and out of recovery waking up smiling at his wife. Not so much as a wince when he sat up for the first time. It bugs me when they make it look like a piece of cake.

They actually kept Tom in the hospital for two whole episodes which could be a record for shows like this. And back at the WH Tom will have access to a doctor 24/7, as all Presidents do.

6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Kirkman acted with class toward the hospital staff. Granted he doesn't appear to have any real agenda. Unless he is hiding that he is the biggest bad of them all.

I really liked the scene where he was leaving the hospital and thanking the entire medical staff, even hugging a few of them, a class act as you said.

Tom's nightmare sequence was a little cheesy, but I liked it because it shows that a tramatic experience like getting shot has actual psychological consequences. Who knew?

Felt a little bad for Alex, but I can see how keeping her out of the loop is necessary.

Could it be that the new show runner is actually trying to be realistic about at least some things? Could it be?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Bobbin said:

. . . Did Kirkman really put off meeting with Kimble, or was that Aaron's doing? What did Kirkman really tell him? On the one hand, Aaron's gate-keeping in refusing to even tell Kirkman she wanted to see him was over the top, but then Aaron did eventually give in. . . .

I was confused by this too. Was it vague on purpose, or did I miss something?

I just hope the main show creator (who?) had a plan from the beginning as to who and what group was responsible for the initial bombing and follow-up power play, rather than making it up as they go along, as I've yet to see that strategy work well for a show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I was confused by this too. Was it vague on purpose, or did I miss something?

I think it was vague on purpose.

I really like that Aaron's attitude could be explained logically (it's his role to filter and shield the president, after all) but could be hints that he's suspect. The worst with suspicion is how the most natural reactions can feed it. It's both understated and realistic and Adam Canto is doing a good job with it imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

The Vice President has two secret service agents with him, and they allow a woman with a gun (Hannah) to come out of the shadows and point a gun at him?  And then shoot?  And then the same with the wife?  Where were they?  On a smoke break?  Gimme a break; that was ridiculous.

Yeah, boo on that.  And now McLeish is dead because of it; both he and the assassin McLeish ordered killed, so we can be sure it will take forever for us to know who's behind it all.

Edited by SWLinPHX
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, dwmarch said:

At least they didn't have Reed Diamond's character turn out to be a bad guy. When he came in and told Atwood "it's about your son..." I thought he was going to start mwa-ha-ha-ing.

Who says he's not?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, surfer said:

And Seth had that weird exchange with Emily when he slipped(?) and told her that his parents were immigrants, when she thought his father was an engineer. Maybe I'm reading too much into that.

The show seemed to make something of that moment, but I found myself wondering why his dad couldn't be an immigrant and an engineer. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

At the end of the show, we saw Atwood back at home with his wife, both of them crying before a picture of their poor son. So is Atwood absolved of his fake confession? Will he return to his job? He and Hannah have such a good relationship. It's horrible that his son was killed but I hope we see more of his character in action.

I didn't realize until reading the posts here that Mrs. MacLeish killed herself! I thought she was shot by the secret service agents! Woah! Also, the man with whom MacLeish was meeting there in the cemetery - is he dead now as well? Or was he just knocked out?

Now that Tom is flexing his presidential muscles a bit and is not telling his wife everything, I'm nervous that she's going to cause trouble somehow, if even inadvertently. She clearly is put out that she's being excluded from certain things...and she doesn't seem like the passive type...is she going to pressure Tom into telling her what's going on? What's next for her character? The kids are seemingly under control, the issue of Leo's paternity is finished...now what?

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode and am very curious to see how the VP's death, and his wife's as well, will be explained to the country. Yikes!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This show is getting better. However, too many people are dying. Its crazy that Mcleish would meet with his army buddy in a cemetery at night. What did they do in the war?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, oakville said:

This show is getting better. However, too many people are dying. Its crazy that Mcleish would meet with his army buddy in a cemetery at night. What did they do in the war?

They massacred a village of civilians.

9 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

The Vice President has two secret service agents with him, and they allow a woman with a gun (Hannah) to come out of the shadows and point a gun at him?  And then shoot?  And then the same with the wife?  Where were they?  On a smoke break?  Gimme a break; that was ridiculous.

Mike told Kirkman that he instructed the VP's security detail to stay back.

Edited by orza
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The beginning of the cemetery scene had thunder sounds, emphasized by closed captioning. Did anyone else wonder if MacLeish or Hannah would be struck by lightning?

Edited by Driad
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TVForever said:

The show seemed to make something of that moment, but I found myself wondering why his dad couldn't be an immigrant and an engineer. 

I think the point that Emily was making when she said that Seth's father was an engineer, was that Seth was trying to be all "Imagine--the son of immigrants working in the White House..." when, while technically his parents were immigrants, they didn't enter the county with five dollars in their pockets and no command of the English language. She was saying that he was the privileged son well-educated, upper-middle-class parents who happened to have immigrated to the US, but aren't what we typically think of when we hear the word "immigrant."

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a bit surprised they killed MacLeish and his wife off so quickly.  I would have expected him to have gotten arrested, then she continues as the driving force for a few episodes or so.  The lady who asked at the jail about Hannah is the same Mysterious Lady who threatened Atwood, right?  I'm sure there is someone in charge even above her.

I am suspicious of Alex.  The fact that the President went out of his way to tell Hannah and Mike that it was unnecessary to dismiss her... something is up with her.  She's trying to find out info and acts put out when she gets denied.  There has to be more to it than this.  She's probably a Russian sleeper agent like Angelina Jolie in "Salt".  That would also explain why her accent slipped in and out in the past.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Biggie B said:

 

At the end of the show, we saw Atwood back at home with his wife, both of them crying before a picture of their poor son. So is Atwood absolved of his fake confession? Will he return to his job? He and Hannah have such a good relationship. It's horrible that his son was killed but I hope we see more of his character in action.

 

Yeah, they killed his son even after he did what they wanted.   Do they think a well trained FBI agent is just going to shrug his shoulders and say "that's life sometimes."   Have they ever seen Taken?   He WILL find them.   He WILL make them pay.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×