PreviouslyTV

Diane Perkins And Her Mom From Law & Order S03.E06 Should Have Their Own Crime-Solving Spin-Off

I can't watch this episode for the same reason -- the doctor's moans. SO GROSS.

(This is the ep, btw, where the relationship between Olivet and Logan was first implied.)

• Like 1

How was the Logan/Olivet relationship implied in this one? I don't recall anything until much later and even then it was never confirmed. 

Holy crap, I think I have this ep on DVD and have not experienced its full effects. Nor have I fully explored the Logivet arc. So weird how much one misses when watching casually and not consuming by binge. Much anticipation!

I don't think you're a crackpot Sars, you're my kind of people. And if you want to talk relationships... who's over the moon to see Judge Melnick on Chicago Justice? She is an exemplary foil.

How was the Logan/Olivet relationship implied in this one? I don't recall anything until much later and even then it was never confirmed. 

Logan was the one who entered her hospital room after the rape...I think it was Ceretta with him and there was a "you should go" unspoken message between them. The director/editor also did some close ups on Logan as he learned about the assault -- and I certainly picked it up, even though it was years before the relationship was canon (post-Jack becoming the DA).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Logan was the one who entered her hospital room after the rape...I think it was Ceretta with him and there was a "you should go" unspoken message between them. The director/editor also did some close ups on Logan as he learned about the assault -- and I certainly picked it up, even though it was years before the relationship was canon (post-Jack becoming the DA).

At this point we'd already seen Liz counsel Logan after his first partner's death.

Logan & Olivet?? The hell? I have watched every episode of L&O at least 10 times and never have I considered Liz & Logan as an item. Ceretta saying that Mike should go in is, IMO, because Mike has been working with her longer and there was a friendship, ESPECIALLY since she was his therapist after Max was killed. If they HAD been romantically involved, he would have been the last person anyone sent in! Too much conflict!!!

Anyway. To the issue at hand. That episode is, to this day, squirmingly uncomfortable for me to watch. Just ..Ugh. that man is so gross.

"before the relationship was canon"

...IS it?! Not that I don't believe you, but I thought they were just friendly colleagues (and he went into the room first because Ceretta's older/old-school?). Good on the show for making it ambiguous. Or on me for being clueless, hee.

• Like 1

"before the relationship was canon"

...IS it?! Not that I don't believe you, but I thought they were just friendly colleagues (and he went into the room first because Ceretta's older/old-school?). Good on the show for making it ambiguous. Or on me for being clueless, hee.

In "Betrayal," it's implied that the detective she had an affair with, whose partner was murdered, was Logan. McCoy gave Cutter the info, in a total dick move.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 8:14 PM, Xeliou66 said:

This. And he said something to the effect of hating being a man, or something. It seemed more of a response of a boyfriend, not a colleague.

The relationship was never canon, it's just speculation. In a season 18 episode it is revealed Olivet slept with a cop she had counseled after his partner's death, but how many cops do you think Olivet had counseled over her years of working with the police? Certainly more than just Logan, but because Logan was the only one we saw fans assume it was Logan, they ignore the fact that Olivet counseled numerous other cops that we never saw on the show. And there was nothing in Helpless that indicated a Logan-Olivet relationship, it is simply the people who believe the relationship to be canon looking for things within the episode such as implied looks and camera angles that would indicate their theory is correct, confirmation bias it's called. It's funny how this kind of misinformation gets so out of hand and that some people believe it is actually canon on the show. 

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

It's funny how this kind of misinformation gets so out of hand and that some people believe it is actually canon on the show. 

I don't really care if Olivet/Logan were a thing or not, but I don't think the line about sleeping with a cop after counseling his partner was an accident. I think it is just as you said: TPTB knew what fans would infer but put it in. So they were - IMO - trying to play to those who believed and those that don't.

I don't think anything was misinformation. Everyone will interpret as they see fit, and everyone can be right or wrong. Kind of smart, actually.

• Like 2

The misinformation is that the Logan-Olivet relationship became canon. It was never canon, it is just a theory among the fans. I agree that the writers put that in to create speculation among the fanbase. 

This. And he said something to the effect of hating being a man, or something. It seemed more of a response of a boyfriend, not a colleague.

Really?  I missed that part altogether.  That doesn't sound like him.

Yeah I certainly don't remember that line and it doesn't sound like something Logan would say. Pretty sure that is from someone who misremembered something because of the whole misinformation surrounding this episode, people look for stuff that isn't there. If Logan and Olivet did have a relationship, I don't think that the writers planned on that during this episode or put anything in it to imply that the relationship was canon.