aquarian1

IMDB Closing Its Forums

IMDb Is Shutting Down Its Discussion Boards

“As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb’s message boards on February 20, 2017,” IMDb said in a notice posted on its site on Friday. “We regret any disappointment or frustration IMDb message board users may experience as a result of this decision.”

2 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

"Blame the trolls: IMDb, the Amazon-owned website that provides movie, TV and celebrity content, has decided to shut down its message boards because they’re “no longer providing a positive, useful experience” for the vast majority of its users."

It took them all this time to figure this out?

• Like 4

Exactly when did they provide a positive and useful experience? I've clicked on a good number of threads over the years. Even the ones that weren't trolling or arguments weren't particularly useful.

• Like 2

Their general Questions forum was fun a million years ago. The I Need to Know forum specifically was of value IMO but I haven't been there in like 10 years.

• Like 3

I am a refugee from IMDb, so Hello all!  I remember TWOP and while I never posted much, I loved reading it, so I think I will like it here.

• Like 7

I do not understand the IMDB closure. I use Previously TV in a different way. I never noted that there was much continuity in messaging. If you looked up one movie it was not tied to other movies, so you were not in a conversation with fans the way we are here for series TV. Whe i looked up TV shows on IMDB i would not see contintinued conversations either. Does anyone have a different experience?

My name is Elizabeth. I registered at the IMDb in July 2013 (IMDb member for 3 years, 6 months) and my IMDb handle is SuburbanGal.

What about the other IMDb refugees who flocked here?

I saw that, but thought if we could re-direct IMDb refugees here so we could better keep track of who migrated here. It'd also help everyone get to know each other better given the IMDb message boards were such as vast network of boards that some people may not have crossed paths with each other when they frequented those boards.

If no one ends up posting here, that's okay. I thought I'd try.

I did not realize IMDB was closing its forums.  I think the last time I posted was a year or two ago and I don't even remember my handle! Sad to hear that it is closing.  End of an era.

I finally joined here because IMDB is closing. I post on alot of other forums for TV (Sitcoms Online, various soap boards) and I posted at IMDB at times. I found the place to be a little rocky. I mean, I don't blame them for closing it down. I did like the amount of info/trivia you could find there though for shows that haven't been talked about alot in years. But, I get why they are doing this for sure.

• Like 1

In case the refugees are interested, I created a thread JUST for refugees so we can get a feel for just how many displaced people end up here and perhaps get to know each other better.

I'm Selena. I used to post on IMDB under Ryan Chamberlain for about a year. But, I had another username before hand for about 3 years. Though, I did more reading than posting.

Nice to be here.  

Hi everybody.

• Like 1

I can't say I'm surprised. Some folks there just were too unreasonable. I mean, ages ago I tried it but among other incidents that turned me off was when someone asked a question re what was Obi-Wan's motivation for doing something and I replied that I didn't know but this person could see about writing Mr. Lucas for an answer. Well, the most polite thing that individual called me was 'stupid' and I truly didn't get why that person bothered to ask that question if that person didn't want to hear a means to find the answer from the most direct source.