Jump to content
SilverStormm

I’m Dying Up Here

Recommended Posts

I don't have any exceptionally intelligent viewpoints of the characters, the writing or the actors (I feel a bit "out of my element" in this particular thread. That's a compliment to all who have posted here!) However, I really like this series so far. It's different. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently about 10 people in America are watching this show, but I hope it gets renewed. I guess there's no word on that yet?

Having been roughly the age of these characters in the time period depicted, and having worked in a similar (though not identical) world then, all I can say is that the party sequence in Episode 8 was right on.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Apparently about 10 people in America are watching this show, but I hope it gets renewed. I guess there's no word on that yet?

Having been roughly the age of these characters in the time period depicted, and having worked in a similar (though not identical) world then, all I can say is that the party sequence in Episode 8 was right on.

This is the first time I've ever been in the "top ten" of anything! Lol. But I will continue to watch because, so far, I really like it.

I loved the chic who played the "chuckle fucker". She was having sex with ( sorry, forgot his characters name.....real name michael Angarano).  

Is the guy who portrays the heroin addicted comedian any relation to Jim Carrey? They look a lot alike. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

We're the PTV Ten :)

Renewal dependent on future storylines:

"According to Deadline, an official decision regarding I'm Dying Up Here Season 2 is pending. “We’ve hired the core group of writers from last season to spend a few weeks in the room together to generate some story ideas,” Showtime programming president Gary Levine said. “We expect them to come back to us at the end of the month with thoughts of where Season 2 could go. With that information we’re going to make a decision.” So, no pressure for those writers. Only the future of the series depends on their brainstorming and outlining session."

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-im-dying-up-here-return-for-season-2-showtime-may-be-taking-you-back-to-the-70s-76078

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

That's actually more hopeful than I thought! Thanks, @film noire

Fingers crossed!  I've been been wondering if part of the lack of an audience has to do with when they rolled it out (this feels less like a "summer" show, and more like an "end of summer" show -- roll it out this week,  not three months ago). And for a non-network show, no opportunity to binge-watch limits the audience -- maybe Showtime is waiting to see who starts binge watching eps? 

Hey -- wanna rec ideas/stories to the writers? ;)

Off the top of my head;

1) The show needs more female comics. Add a woman of color with a truly edgy perspective. 

2) Show us how the sausage is made. They blew by Cassie and Eddie working on that sketch, but it could've been a fantastic moment. They need to think of that part of the show as "Mad Men" -- comedy set = building a campaign -- and show us two comics helping each other work their way to a fantastic fifteen minutes. (Yes, comics are competitive, but for the sake of story, we'll buy in if you write it well.) Show us them haggling over word changes (this word is funnier than that word, and why)  pacing (end it here, not there) subject (this is funny, that is not -- or this is funny only if you do X, not if you do Y). Follow the evolution of a set from an idea through a couple of stumbling performances to a final triumph.  This is, essentially, a workplace show;  show us the work.

Edited by film noire
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

after being put off by too many critic reviews that panned this show, i decided to dive back in and i'm glad i did.  i, too, enjoyed the episode for the reasons folks have already mentioned, and i also enjoyed cassie's evolution throughout this episode, including her sweet reunion with the tailor.  the scene at the party was mortifying and brought to mind some article i read about jimmy page keeping very young girlfriend(s?) (early teens) in L.A. in the '70s.  depressing and the flip side of the 'free love' of the '60s and 'sexual revolution' of the '70s.

 

and rj cyler, who plays adam, is imminently watchable.  i think he could be a real star...

 

my only nitpick with this episode -- two instances of anachronistic language: "you feel me?" seems more contemporary and "what's your damage?" didn't really become popular until the '80s (with heathers, right?).

 

but overall, i think that the critics have too hastily dismissed this show.  and that's a shame, because four episodes in, for me it's just getting better as it goes.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

One of the proud Ptv 10!  You guys are giving me hope.  I said it before, the two things that hurt this show was the failure of Vinyl and a less than strong pilot.  However, the potential is there.  I think even AV club stopped covering it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really like this show! I think as soon as I see Melissa Leo I'll stick around because I know that, at the very least, I'll enjoy her performance. (She is NOT disappointing!) I like seeing known and unknown comics (not to be confused with the Unknown Comic, lol) and the sad underbelly of the comedy world. I'm also enjoying reminiscing about a simpler time when late night shows were more important and such a different animal than they are now. And I just kind of love the 70s. Reminds me of being a kid. :) 

The girl who plays Cassie reminds me of Stassi from Vanderpump Rules I sometimes get distracted. I think Eddie is the most likable character, but for the most part, I think there's at least one thing interesting enough about each character that keeps me wanting more, even if some of the performances are uneven. I really hope this gets renewed because I think it has a TON of potential, but I evidently like shows that everyone else hates. (I would have loved another season of Roadies and I liked John From Cincinnati, lol. No judging!) 

Edited by Stiggs
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

This thing where Showtime has given the writers 2-3 weeks to come up with storylines for a Season 2, I can see cutting both ways.

I draw hope from it, because it means that Showtime hasn't simply given up on the show; seems to say they want the show to work.

But I also see how it might be a clever ploy to provide cover for Showtime if they decide to cancel. "Hey, don't hate us. We gave the writers a chance, and unfortunately what they presented us with only strengthened our decision."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Um, you would think the show creators would have had an outline of several seasons when they pitched the show?

Or did they just pitch the first season plots?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, scrb said:

Um, you would think the show creators would have had an outline of several seasons when they pitched the show?

Or did they just pitch the first season plots?

Usually you have the pilot + episode breakdowns for season one + the bible (which includes character arcs, the long term goals/themes/big moments, etc) but not a detailed outline for subsequent episodes in following seasons (i.e. "Season 3 Ep 4: Cassie discovers she's pregnant; Goldie lends a not so helping hand; Sully drunkenly delivers a routine about a dildo salesmen that catches the eye and ear of Hugh Hefner; Adam runs afoul of a racist housewife.") Maybe (because it was a Jim Carrey production and it's loosely based on a non fiction book) they did it differently, but if they did follow the usual path,  they kinda have everything they need to make a decision --  it feels like they don't have faith in the show, but *want* to have faith in it (if that makes sense).

8 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

But I also see how it might be a clever ploy to provide cover for Showtime if they decide to cancel. "Hey, don't hate us. We gave the writers a chance, and unfortunately what they presented us with only strengthened our decision."

I'm afraid they want more sex and drugs and rock and roll, and less character-driven stories -- which would just suck ; (

Edited by film noire
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, film noire said:

(i.e. "Season 3 Ep 4: Cassie discovers she's pregnant; Goldie lends a not so helping hand; Sully drunkenly delivers a routine about a dildo salesmen that catches the eye and ear of Hugh Hefner; Adam runs afoul of a racist housewife.")

Not bad! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I tuned into this show because Al Madrigal is an alum of my high school.

I watched all the episodes but didn't like a single one until the last.

The characters were all unlikable - I especially didn't like Andrew Santino's and Clark Duke's characters.

Melissa Leo's acting is spot on and Michael Angarano's character, I didn't hate.

So after all of that - Goldie really doesn't pay these people? They get to hang out and that's it?

All that being said, I still hope it gets renewed because the torching of King Theodore's at Goldie's behest, has me intrigued.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

I tuned into this show because Al Madrigal is an alum of my high school.

I watched all the episodes but didn't like a single one until the last.

The characters were all unlikable - I especially didn't like Andrew Santino's and Clark Duke's characters.

Melissa Leo's acting is spot on and Michael Angarano's character, I didn't hate.

So after all of that - Goldie really doesn't pay these people? They get to hang out and that's it?

All that being said, I still hope it gets renewed because the torching of King Theodore's at Goldie's behest, has me intrigued.

hey there, @chabelisaywow - appreciate your comments but your last statement is a spoiler - this thread is only to discuss episode 6, which i just finished watching and for which i came here to see if there is any discussion on this issue.  can you please delete or spoiler tag your comment that mentions what happens later in the season?  (it's a real drag to be spoiled - i'm still making my way through the season and enjoy taking each episode as it comes.)

thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, msrachelj said:

the episodes stop here. i have been looking for new episode discussions also.

i believe anyone can start a new thread about a different episode, using the 'start new topic' button at the top of the page.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I feel very much like one of The Ten  ... basically anyone, anywhere talking about how fucking great this show is!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

SO ... I came here and thought I was being gaslighted (gaslit?) because I was sure I'd posted on this thread and couldn't find the post ... so when I went to "start" a post just now to SQUEEEEEEE about the unexpected and awesome renewal, I found that for whatever reason my original post had simply never gone through ... so, yeah, I'm excited ... and NOW ... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ... PLEASE GIVE A WARM GOLDIE'S WELCOME TO ... PAMELA MAE SNAP'S ORIGINAL POST ON THIS THREAD: 

*** Add me to the 10 and to the first feeling of hope I've had in a while (not gonna get political) ... was SO depressed by the likelihood of this show being canceled (or rather I guess not renewed) that ANY crumb of hope I can pick up off the carpet is good.

I just feel like there is so much they can do with this ... as the time passes, keeping the characters that work, eliminating those that don't, adding more (including more "cameos" like they did with Pryor), etc. ... the music is outstanding and I'd love to keep my ear out for the evolution of 70s music since that was the soundtrack of my teens.

If there is anything "we" can do re: the media and getting it out there that we want more of this just say the word. 

Oh, one question ... because there are no more recent episode threads this may be the only thread the octet of fans are reading ... I was a little confused by the finale and watched it a few times and even made Mr. Snap rewatch it ... so, it's Teddy's club that burned down (there was an earlier reference to his not having fire insurance right)? Because as I watched the (whatever the technical term is) camera pulling away from the crew singing along to "Dancing in the Moonlight" I THOUGHT they were at Goldies and that they went right to showing the marquee on fire. But hubbie said they switched to a shot of Teddy's ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I re-watched this before deleting it from my DVR. This may have been my favorite episode. I loved the tailor's sweet relationship with Cassie which could have gone creepy, but didn't. I was so freaked by the chucklef#@ker. But impressed by the actress. Goodness, what hilarious abandonment. Eddie's attempt to go along, but with growing discomfort and horror was very entertaining. Cassie and Goldie had a nice moment at the end, and then Goldie had a tiny bit of enjoyed revenge with Billie Jean King winning the tennis match.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/11/2017 at 0:14 PM, Beezella said:

I re-watched this before deleting it from my DVR. This may have been my favorite episode. I loved the tailor's sweet relationship with Cassie which could have gone creepy, but didn't. I was so freaked by the chucklef#@ker. But impressed by the actress. Goodness, what hilarious abandonment. Eddie's attempt to go along, but with growing discomfort and horror was very entertaining. Cassie and Goldie had a nice moment at the end, and then Goldie had a tiny bit of enjoyed revenge with Billie Jean King winning the tennis match.

That chic was so funny! I wonder how many "takes" they had to do of that scene to get it perfect without everyone on set laughing! I wish she would come back again for an episode.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm thrilled as well! I don't quite understand the "unappealingness" this series seems to have with people. It might not be the best new series but it's far from what I consider to be the worst that cable/tv has to offer.  

Can't help but wonder if they'll wade into sexual harassment issues with the characters on the show given recent real life events...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Can't help but wonder if they'll wade into sexual harassment issues with the characters on the show given recent real life events...

I don't think sexual harassment was considered as inappropriate or even harassment in the 60's and 70's. It should have been but it's taken a very long time for those changes to come about. 

But I love this series!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2017 at 3:21 PM, chenoa333 said:

I don't think sexual harassment was considered as inappropriate or even harassment in the 60's and 70's. 

I think that might be the storyline, though; that women were talking about being sexually harassed, but it wasn't punching through to the powers that be.

I read recently that Redbook magazine (in the mid seventies) asked their readers to do a write in survey about being sexually mistreated in the workplace, and 80 percent said they had. That would be an interesting way to get the issue into the life of the show, without shoehorning it in (maybe Cassie sees the magazine, kinda dismisses it, but then one of the male comics does a nasty bit about "That's all I have to do? Bat my eyes to get a job? And this is bad....how?" and she starts to see it differently -- or maybe she gets it right away, and Bill doesn't, no matter what she says, and she does an edgy comic bit about that -- however they do it, it was out there, so I think they should use it.)

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

anyone else still watching this? i'm surprised it was renewed. not that i don't like it but it doesn't seem to be what people want to watch. i remember the 70's so i love stuff like this.

hard to really love any of the characters. what is going on with the girl in the mental hospital? why did her mom put her there and how did she wind up in jail. lot of jail themes going on.

i don't think the boyfriend of the blonde who is going places is funny. sorry, i can't remember anyone's names. i guess that goes to show how hard it is to get invested. still watching though. anyone else?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad this thread appeared, because I totally didn't know the show was back already. (Possibly because Showtime is doing the worst job ever promoting it?)

I think it's a great show and am looking forward to watching S2E1.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/10/2018 at 12:22 PM, msrachelj said:

anyone else still watching this? i'm surprised it was renewed. not that i don't like it but it doesn't seem to be what people want to watch. i remember the 70's so i love stuff like this.

hard to really love any of the characters. what is going on with the girl in the mental hospital? why did her mom put her there and how did she wind up in jail. lot of jail themes going on.

i don't think the boyfriend of the blonde who is going places is funny. sorry, i can't remember anyone's names. i guess that goes to show how hard it is to get invested. still watching though. anyone else?

I think the biggest problem with the show is that often the stand up is not all that funny. The camaraderie between the comedians and Melissa Leo are awesome, but it is hard to believe that these are the best comedian in LA. When that guy was reading his "My mother is so bad" jokes from his notebook, I thought Brad Garrett's character was going to say they were not funny, not try to take them for his act.

I really did not like the extra pull of Cassie having a son she abandoned with her cousin/sister. I really just want to see about struggling comedians and this felt very soap opera. It explains why she feels so guilty leaving Wink, a place she really does not have a connection with. Also, did not really care about the brat daughter who treats her mother like shit for having the nerve to make a good living after their father abandoned them broke and penniless and then turns around and treats the father like gold. I really hope this is the last we see of the addict daughter storyline since I doubt this show will get a third season since no one seems to care. The Soul Train part was pretty good, but I am going to need Ron to stop acting like a horny teenager and more like a human being. I am guessing he will lose all of his money and his character will probably be written off if

Spoiler

he develops some sort of drug habit. It will probably be a lesson in the fleeting nature of fame and fortune in show business.

On 5/10/2018 at 1:02 PM, Milburn Stone said:

I'm glad this thread appeared, because I totally didn't know the show was back already. (Possibly because Showtime is doing the worst job ever promoting it?)

I think it's a great show and am looking forward to watching S2E1.

The show is not perfect, but the potential is there. It is crazy when far worse shows are in their sixth season and no one even seems to know that this exists.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think the biggest problem with the show is that often the stand up is not all that funny. The camaraderie between the comedians and Melissa Leo are awesome, but it is hard to believe that these are the best comedian in LA. When that guy was reading his "My mother is so bad" jokes from his notebook, I thought Brad Garrett's character was going to say they were not funny, not try to take them for his act.

 

Yeah, that was a shock when he wanted to buy anything!

4 hours ago, qtpye said:

I really did not like the extra pull of Cassie having a son she abandoned with her cousin/sister.

It was so obvious that's who the kid was, but it still was ridiculous when she got all sad that she wasn't even considered as the legal guardian should his parents died. I mean...it's not exactly a personal insult. You have a job where you're at work at 4AM at a bar and sleep during the day. Nobody is going to consider you as a guardian for their children no matter how nice you are.

Wow, that guy the daughter brought home to annoy her mother was annoying. Though I get where the daughter's coming from--she's got a really successful mother with a strong personality and it seems like these are the only ways she can compete with her. Doesn't mean I want to watch it her petty attacks on her, though. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Wow, that guy the daughter brought home to annoy her mother was annoying. Though I get where the daughter's coming from--she's got a really successful mother with a strong personality and it seems like these are the only ways she can compete with her. Doesn't mean I want to watch it her petty attacks on her, though. 

Yeah, wait till she goes to her deadbeat father who will probably just steal the $1000 and make her beg her mother for more money.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

God is it possible that this year's episodes are worse than last year. I am not sure if I can take much more of this one.  I only watch it because I am a big Leo fan. Everyone is so nasty. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/10/2018 at 9:22 AM, msrachelj said:

anyone else still watching this? i'm surprised it was renewed. not that i don't like it but it doesn't seem to be what people want to watch. i remember the 70's so i love stuff like this.

hard to really love any of the characters. what is going on with the girl in the mental hospital? why did her mom put her there and how did she wind up in jail. lot of jail themes going on.

i don't think the boyfriend of the blonde who is going places is funny. sorry, i can't remember anyone's names. i guess that goes to show how hard it is to get invested. still watching though. anyone else?

I agree with you regarding the storyline of Goldies daughter (the mental hospital girl). It's so far from having any relevance to the core theme of the show. And the daughter's stupid "guru" boyfriend is just beyond ridiculous. 

I like most of the main characters on the show except the goofy looking dork guy with the glasses who makes enough money to afford an over the top home in Hollywood complete with voyueristic peep show swim tank. NO woman would have sex with that guy. Ever. Period. So unrealistic. 

But I find this series more entertaining than most of the crap on Showtime. Even so, I'm cancelling Showtime and getting Hulu. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/15/2018 at 1:47 PM, chenoa333 said:

I agree with you regarding the storyline of Goldies daughter (the mental hospital girl). It's so far from having any relevance to the core theme of the show. And the daughter's stupid "guru" boyfriend is just beyond ridiculous. 

I like most of the main characters on the show except the goofy looking dork guy with the glasses who makes enough money to afford an over the top home in Hollywood complete with voyueristic peep show swim tank. NO woman would have sex with that guy. Ever. Period. So unrealistic. 

But I find this series more entertaining than most of the crap on Showtime. Even so, I'm cancelling Showtime and getting Hulu. 

I was through with the daughter when she is being such a bitch to Goldie, who raised her and gave her a financially secure life from nothing, but is good friends with the father who abandoned them and put Goldie in that situation in the first place. I remember from last season when the father slapped Goldie in the face for "messing up his spot", so add physical abuse to this loser's list endearing qualities for father of the year.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Goldie's ex husband. Yipes, he was a total creep.  I agree with you about that daughter, she is worthless in my book.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

What did Cassie say to Nick when he sat with her at the wedding after finding out the the boy was really her son?  I couldn't make it out.

This was a really good episode.  Both Cassie and Goldie were excellent in dealing with "motherhood."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This show has very unlikable characters. I like Adam and the young guy Cassie is with now, Ralph and that's it.

Bill? is a downer and ugh.  I guess being vested in this show would entail learning the characters' names.

Cindy Chupak is a good writer but I don't know where this show can go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

This show has very unlikable characters. I like Adam and the young guy Cassie is with now, Ralph and that's it.

Bill? is a downer and ugh.  I guess being vested in this show would entail learning the characters' names.

Cindy Chupak is a good writer but I don't know where this show can go.

I think if all the show's characters were happy in their lives they would be more likable but that's the point of the show.  These are starving comics looking to make it big but most of them do not.  I agree that many of them are cringe-worthy at times but their struggles make them more interesting.  Even Goldie, who is at the top of the food chain, has her own issues.  She drinks and smokes all day and has to deal with whiners like Bill.  

I am really enjoying this season.  The show has done a great job of character development.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I actually really like the show but am keeping it at arm's length since I figure there is absolutely no way in hell it gets renewed for a third season. It was surprising enough that it made it to S2. 

Agree with the liking Adam (LOVE him, can't believe he was a power ranger), Eddie (Michael Angarano can do no wrong by me) and the amazing Erik Griffin whom I fear, after this last episode, may be a casualty (with likelihood of no S3, the gloves are off so to speak). 

I am also very intrigued by a bit player (at this part ... don't know if she'll factor later), Alvira, Dawn's girlfriend. There is something about her face that I just find so expressive. 

I just finished reading the book (non-fiction) upon which the series is semi-loosely based (I mean, it's strongly based right down to the title but there are liberties taken with some of the characters, while others are very recognizable). Maybe the biggest liberty taken is with "Goldie's" ex-husband who, by all rights according to the book, was (or is, because I believe he is still alive) a great guy and totally supportive of her ... he founded The Comedy Store but handed it over to her, partly because he was touring a lot as the regular opening act for Elvis Presley in Vegas. (His name is Sammy Shore ... her son is Pauly Shore, but he's not depicted in this series, obviously). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

this is one of the few shows on my dvr that I watch right away, while others drift down toward the bottom of the list. Don't know why its so unpopular. I'm very invested in the characters, even the (many) unlikable ones. Even though I detest the cheating story line, my heart still bled for blonde girlfriend (I'm terrible at names) when she was clearly going to bomb her interview for SNL following being outed as a cheater. Yet another opportunity for her to get ahead snatched away from her. This time a disaster of her own making. Also enjoying Clark Duke's story of achieving TV success as a punchline rather than for his stand-up. 

Likely it will not be renewed so I hope they wrap it up sufficiently.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, BonnieD said:

this is one of the few shows on my dvr that I watch right away, while others drift down toward the bottom of the list. Don't know why its so unpopular. I'm very invested in the characters, even the (many) unlikable ones. Even though I detest the cheating story line, my heart still bled for blonde girlfriend (I'm terrible at names) when she was clearly going to bomb her interview for SNL following being outed as a cheater. Yet another opportunity for her to get ahead snatched away from her. This time a disaster of her own making. Also enjoying Clark Duke's story of achieving TV success as a punchline rather than for his stand-up. 

Likely it will not be renewed so I hope they wrap it up sufficiently.

I like that this show pulls no punches about how hard it is to get ahead in the comedy game. The cast is outstanding and Melissa Leo is a treasure. However, what is wrong with Cassie...does she just want to blow up everything good in her life? I am a little sick of Goldie's issues with her daughter and it always being her downfall. Okay, you raised a brat who does not like you....it hurts like hell (I'm a mother myself), but it does not lower all your other life accomplishments. With all that is going on, I do not think the molestation storyline was needed as we already have a full plate of tragedy (we get it...comics are broken and sad people). I actually am kind of waiting for the rise and fall of the Benny the Mailman character. It reminds me of a lot of B-rate characters who found success on 70's TV, only to end of broke and forgotten by the end of the decade. I am just like you...this is my first watch on Sunday...maybe because I know it will end soon.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I actually am kind of waiting for the rise and fall of the Benny the Mailman character. It reminds me of a lot of B-rate characters who found success on 70's TV, only to end of broke and forgotten by the end of the decade. I am just like you...this is my first watch on Sunday...maybe because I know it will end soon.

One of the things I consistently love on the show is Dylan Baker's Johnny Carson. He's so effortlessly authoritative and scary without being a character that's supposed to be scary like a villain or a violent person.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

One of the things I consistently love on the show is Dylan Baker's Johnny Carson. He's so effortless authoritative and scary without being a character that's supposed to be scary like a villain or a violent person.

Yes, Johnny supposedly could be your best friend or your worst nightmare, but he was not some sort of megalomaniac. It is pretty well done and I wish this show would get more love.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×